Crawl on all fours + select animation

elchapetas

since interest in fallout 3 and new vegas has withered in light of the newer games, can i bother modders with 2 last requests that i think will finish these 2 games so we can move on?

1. the crawl on all fours was a fantastic idea and i think it should be implemented in all bethesda games (yeah fallout 4 should have it too).

2. select animations, also 1 thing that got corrected in skyrim but never happened in old fallout was the option to check which animations you wanted the game to play. It always bothered me to have rape scenes played with what would otherwise be considered consensual sex animations.

You ppl think this is right? is any modder up for the job? Nothing that hasnt been done before and i think are a MUST for any game with sex mods.

I once scripted some four legged walk as proof of concept for another modder. If some modder will decide to do it and needs a hand, feel free to PM me. It has its own limits, however, but since I wouldn't know to use a walk like that (except if player assumes heavy drugs) I'm not sure if it could be used for your purposes.

2) Sexout has had a flags system for animations since '93 :). Updating old mods (or creating new ones..) to take advantage is easy, check out the API docs.

i see, thank you for the info :)

you know any mods that take advantage of that??

it would be cool to get sexual assault, tryouts and ask for sex to use this.

I once scripted some four legged walk as proof of concept for another modder. If some modder will decide to do it and needs a hand, feel free to PM me. It has its own limits, however, but since I wouldn't know to use a walk like that (except if player assumes heavy drugs) I'm not sure if it could be used for your purposes.

hmmmm isnt it possible to just simply replace the vanilla crouching animation, so you walk on all fours?

2) Sexout has had a flags system for animations since '93 :). Updating old mods (or creating new ones..) to take advantage is easy, check out the API docs.

Oh come on, you were a kid and you weren't even modding, in '93... ;) (we both were, I guess)

hmmmm isnt it possible to just simply replace the vanilla crouching animation, so you walk on all fours?

Usually modders don't make extreme changes that modify the whole game at the point that noone (PC and NPC) will be ever able to sneak anymore.

I think I started modding about '95 for Dark Forces, although I was a bit more innocent in those days ;).

Soliciting and my additions to consequences use flags, I suspect others do too.

Sexlab style animation stages may be coming in sexout '98; it supports position switching already so shouldn't be tricky.

Usually modders don't make extreme changes that modify the whole game at the point that noone (PC and NPC) will be ever able to sneak anymore.

hmmm have you seen the walk on all fours mod of skyrim? thats what i mean, i mean i know it could also affect other NPCs, but almost none do so except for the companions which i never use and 2 of them are girls... so.

in skyrim it also leaves the normal crouching animation when ure wielding a weapon or magic, that should also be placed on fallout.

hmmm have you seen the walk on all fours mod of skyrim?

Skyrim is not Fallout, the animation system is pretty much different.

well theres femwalk and femrun mods as well as idle anims... is it really that hard to add a crouch modifier?

well theres femwalk and femrun mods as well as idle anims... is it really that hard to add a crouch modifier?

As I said few posts above, if you do that then everyone will start walking in four legs instead than sneaking. Modders usually don't make replacers like these because they are too much extreme.

Since I already modded some workaround, in the past, as a proof of concept, I offered a hand if some modder is interested.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

As I said few posts above, if you do that then everyone will start walking in four legs instead than sneaking. Modders usually don't make replacers like these because they are too much extreme.

Since I already modded some workaround, in the past, as a proof of concept, I offered a hand if some modder is interested.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

I see, thanx for the input, even though i must say, such is the case in the walk on all fours mod of skyrim, everyone crouches like that, and that hasnt exactly hurt its popularity

Personally, in Skyrim I used to run in four legs as a kahjiit, I stopped because I was annoyed that my human companions were doing the same. But today, with FNIS PCEA2, I guess in skyrim you could avoid that issue

If you think you don't suffer for this limitation, in NV, there are some four leg walk animations (look at the pic here) and you can simply replace vanilla

Personally, in Skyrim I used to run in four legs as a kahjiit, I stopped because I was annoyed that my human companions were doing the same. But today, with FNIS PCEA2, I guess in skyrim you could avoid that issue

If you think you don't suffer for this limitation, in NV, there are some four leg walk animations (look at the pic here) and you can simply replace vanilla

oh ok thanx again, its ALMOST what i was looking for, theres an animation were you can make the PC crawl on all fours but doesnt actually let you move freely. Almost there though

i understood that u could simply attach the animaiton with the secondary hotkey and the placing the desired animation in the same place as the sneak key... i mean thats it! i dont really understand where is the problem, you already solved the whole dilemma mate. It would be just a matter of removing the need for the secondary key so the anim would be directly attached to the sneak key and puting the sneak mechanic along with it

i dont really understand where is the problem

You answered on your own:

oh ok thanx again, its ALMOST what i was looking for, theres an animation were you can make the PC crawl on all fours but doesnt actually let you move freely.

These are different animgroups, they have different rules and behaviours. An idle works differently than a locomotion animation, hence the need to workaround with a script. However, only the player has these "needs", on npcs it works better.

AJ the problem was also with prideslayer ?? the crawl animations was never working right since some part of geck was not really doing the thing it was suppose to do. i thought locomotion was one of the part you could not edit in geck was hardcoded. or something like that.

The path's harcoded because it is the very same path of the skeleton, however the skeleton itself can be changed via script (from NVSE 4.5+, more or less - all hail hlp)

This operation requires that the target is refreshed via script, however the player can't be refreshed... in short, for npcs you won't have any problems in replacing animgroups - even locomotion. Here's a pic I did time ago, when I tried it - both my PC and the raider are shooting with the same weapon, using a different animation.

However, for player, you can script movements using idles - it's not super smooth but it works. It gives you some limits, you can't fully play, you can't VATS for example, but it works. So bad I can't find anymore the video where I was showing that, probably in that period I wasn't still using Google Drive and I can't remind what I was using... -_-

EDIT: found it, the small video I showed to PS

• 2 months later...

The path's harcoded because it is the very same path of the skeleton, however the skeleton itself can be changed via script (from NVSE 4.5+, more or less - all hail hlp)

This operation requires that the target is refreshed via script, however the player can't be refreshed... in short, for npcs you won't have any problems in replacing animgroups - even locomotion. Here's a pic I did time ago, when I tried it - both my PC and the raider are shooting with the same weapon, using a different animation.

However, for player, you can script movements using idles - it's not super smooth but it works. It gives you some limits, you can't fully play, you can't VATS for example, but it works. So bad I can't find anymore the video where I was showing that, probably in that period I wasn't still using Google Drive and I can't remind what I was using... -_-

EDIT: found it, the small video I showed to PS

I also would be interested in a crawl animation mod. :3

The effect in the video looks good enough.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived