Forge Interface Question

Hi,

I have a small question regarding the forge interface. In my latest playthrough, after installing the newer version of many, many mods, I found out that my interface for crafting has been modified.

Instead of showing categories like "leather" "iron" "steel"... it now shows a SkyUI interface separating weapons, armours, misc ect ect... I did not remember SkyUI doing that in the past but since the menu is identical I suspect it comes from this mod.

While I love what SkyUI does for the inventory and such, I absolutely hate the change to the forge. With a ton of mods running it became impossible to find anything by just separating weapons from armours. Seriously, with Skyre + immersive armour + Jaysus swords + 20 or so custom armour, the menu is unreadable. I would much rather have the old division between the different materials than that.

So here is my question, is there anyway to disable what SkyUI is doing to the forge menu without disableing any of the other (great) changes the mod brings ? I don't want to uninstall the mod or to use "SkyUI away" which would disable the whole thing. And I didn't find a customisation option in SkyUI's MCM. Or is there a crafting interface mod that you would recommand instead ?

Thanks for the help !

Common question: I don't like the new crafting interface (or any other part of SkyUI). Can I disable it?

Yes. There's a mod called SkyUI-Away, which contains the original UI files. Extract those original menu files you want back to Data/Interface.

That's what schlangster wrote. It's a sticky post in the comment section of SkyUI.

Try replacing carftingmenu.swf from SkyUI with the one from SkyUI-Away.

I only want to replace some of SkyUI's menus, can I do that?

Yes. For example, if you only want to remove SkyUI's map menu: install SkyUI then copy 'Interface/map.swf' from SkyUI-Away's archive to 'Data/Interface/map.swf'

Written in the description of SkyUI-away.

Common question: I don't like the new crafting interface (or any other part of SkyUI). Can I disable it?

Yes. There's a mod called SkyUI-Away, which contains the original UI files. Extract those original menu files you want back to Data/Interface.

That's what schlangster wrote. It's a sticky post in the comment section of SkyUI.

Yes. For example, if you only want to remove SkyUI's map menu: install SkyUI then copy 'Interface/map.swf' from SkyUI-Away's archive to 'Data/Interface/map.swf'

Worked for me although now that skyui uses a .bsa there is no file to replace you just need to put craftingmenu.swf in the \data\interface folder

You get a warning message in game but the menu appears to work fine and you can turn the warning message off in the skyui mcm

Thank you all for the answers,

I will try the suggested solutions !

Thanks, didn't think of searching through SkyUI comment section and I was so convinced that SkyUI-away removed everything that I didn't check, my mistake !

SkyUI has a search function. Just click in it and type a bit of the name in to only show those items.

You can also click the Gear icon at the top right to add "material" to the columns. After that, click a column name to sort things by that item.

Actually I forgot about the search function of SkyUI, thanks it's quite helpfull indeed. Still need the old interface back since I like to see what I can and cannot forge, I don't always know what I am looking for ^^ But thank you for the tips.

Worked for me although now that skyui uses a .bsa there is no file to replace you just need to put craftingmenu.swf in the \data\interface folder

You get a warning message in game but the menu appears to work fine and you can turn the warning message off in the skyui mcm

Thank you, will try that as soon as I have a little time ahead of me ;)

SkyUI has a search function. Just click in it and type a bit of the name in to only show those items.

You can also click the Gear icon at the top right to add "material" to the columns. After that, click a column name to sort things by that item.

Actually I forgot about the search function of SkyUI, thanks it's quite helpfull indeed. Still need the old interface back since I like to see what I can and cannot forge, I don't always know what I am looking for ^^ But thank you for the tips.

The menu should show items you can craft at the top, i.e what you have all the required materials for. Anything you have only some but not all materials for will appear greyed out near the bottom(the same behavior as shouts in the magic menu that you have learned but have not used Dragon Souls to unlock). Any items you don't have any materials for(even if you have the perks needed for the items), I believe does not appear in the menu at all - though this I could be wrong about.

Assuming you're using a mod manager...

You could put the SKY-away files you're wanting to use into the overwrite folder of MO (or whatever NMM has), or make a mod yourself.  Create a folder on your desktop with whatever "mod" name you want, inside that copy in the files from SKY away or just make the folder structure yourself and copy over just one file.  Right click, tell windows to make a zip of the folder, and then add it to your manager the normal way.

You can delete the folder you made after you've imported your zip... could even delete the zip.

The menu should show items you can craft at the top, i.e what you have all the required materials for. Anything you have only some but not all materials for will appear greyed out near the bottom(the same behavior as shouts in the magic menu that you have learned but have not used Dragon Souls to unlock). Any items you don't have any materials for(even if you have the perks needed for the items), I believe does not appear in the menu at all - though this I could be wrong about.

Hi, thanks for the answer,

I wasn't super clear in my previous messages so there was a misunderstanding, I know the SkyUI menu shows what you can't and cannot craft (and you are right it doesn't show you if you don't have the trait for it) but I meant it still looks super clumped up and hard to navigate. And while the solution Ventus2111 suggested was helping with finding a specific item to forge, it still left me with an unreadable menu to scroll through when I don't know what I want to forge in advance.

Thanks for your help anyway ;)

You could put the SKY-away files you're wanting to use into the overwrite folder of MO (or whatever NMM has), or make a mod yourself.  Create a folder on your desktop with whatever "mod" name you want, inside that copy in the files from SKY away or just make the folder structure yourself and copy over just one file.  Right click, tell windows to make a zip of the folder, and then add it to your manager the normal way.

You can delete the folder you made after you've imported your zip... could even delete the zip.

Thanks for your answer,

That sounds like a good solution, will give it a try when I have the time next week, although I am kind of scared, I don't have exeriences with such "advanced modding" ;)

Thanks for your answer,

That sounds like a good solution, will give it a try when I have the time next week, although I am kind of scared, I don't have exeriences with such "advanced modding" ;)

Well, assuming that you are using a mod manager, and you have a few mods that you've downloaded as zipped files, open one of the zip files and have a look at how it is assembled.  Also assuming you know anything about windows folders and how to make a folder inside another folder, you already know what you need to know.

Archived