[Idea] Super Mutant Broodmother

youngfool

Technically this thread should fall into the request sect but i feel it deserves a little creative sphere of its own.

Similar to the alternate start for skyrim, player could choose to pick a starting point as a revered and worshiped broodmother of the Super Mutant (SM) Faction. This will work greatly consider how the super mutants already have numerous pre-established settlements scattered about the commonwealth which could be managed like human settlements in a lore-friendly way.

Edit: TheCaptn pointed out in the post follows that this idea is incompatibility with the fallout lore for all super mutants are sterile. 

There are two ways i would suggest to work around this: the human (or canine for mutant hound) fetus could either be mutate within their mother's wombs or more humanely (in comparison) mutating the newborn infants mechanical in containments. 

post-25088-0-96480700-1464052598_thumb.jpg

Edit 2:

Unkaar, on 24 May 2016 - 11:49 AM, said:snapback.png

Perhaps SM capture pregnant women and children to create new generation?

Sterility aside, they may still have sexual urges, though I am unsure on that, but Marcus comment in fallout2 imply they have no sexual dysfunction but the ability to reproduce.

A little quick research showed there was even a rubber (sex) doll in Marcus (a super mutant)'s house!

Quest Objective:

The super mutants, just like every other factions, knows what is best for the commonwealth - the destruction and subjection of the human species. Ideally, the political background of the mod should be situated in the setting of a unified minutemen and a victorious brotherhood of steel (BoS). (It would still work with the institute in the picture, but their presence would divide the BoS's resources to combat the SM threat)

Player would lead her hordes of childern to take minutemen settlements and vice versa to defend their settlements against the minutemen and Bos onslaughts. The ultimate goal could be the diamond city, if not overrun, maybe a subjugation.

Settlements/tribes:

The current settlement mechanism is very dull for me, mainly because i felt no connection with neither the settlement nor the settlers whatsoever. The settlers are as generic as it gets and they serve no purpose in my flawed opinions.

In contrast, settlements or tribes is everything for the SM, as they facilitates the production of our horde soldiers. (Im going to refer SM settlements as tribes from this point on)

Players are given the option to grant particular tribes to a designated role, such as melee tanks, laser gunners, rocket launcher wielders or suicidal bombers (yes, we will have a training camp for suicide bombers, and it is not controversial at all, not controversial at all).

Furthermore, I personally would love to see more armour mods and eventually power armours for the super mutants which could be integrated as an integral feature for tribal upgrades, but thats long shot.

Multiple tribes can be called upon as followers for raiding. They can suffer casualties and it will penalize them with recovery periods till the next raid.

Finally, to sanctify this hollow ground i present you

Adult Contents:

The limitation here is our imagination.

The very crude idea is that human NPC's are now valuable resources, they could be captured and herd to procreate and perhaps for consumption to raise happiness.

The player could also bless/reward tribes with their own body to raise happiness/moral/royalty and so on.

Perhaps there could be internal rivalry between tribes for your favour or the possibility of rebellion? again this is a long shot.

The limitation here is our imagination.

Edit: I just realised that this idea lacks player character involvement, so to make up for it, player character can assume the role as the first successful experiment that gave birth to a (or a succession of) super mutant(s) whom has later established a fearsome tribe and revered the player's maternal role. The player character can still be involved in the procreation process but her main role is to aid the procreation of others.

There's a lore problem with your basic concept; the super mutants are all sterile... They still have their genitals and reproductive organs, but they're no longer functional and they lose secondary sexual characteristics (like breasts, hair, bodyshape, voice differences).

That said, I still think you could do a Super Mutant Broodmother story but it should be a goal and not a starting point... So either the player would aim to restore sexual function and desire to the super mutants (you'd be responsible for transforming them from murdering baby-eaters into insatiable rapists and slavers), or you'd be working for a super mutant who's trying to do that.

I personally kinda prefer the idea of working for a super mutant who wants the PC's help in transforming 'herself' back into more of a female, but then becomes frustrated when none of the 'males' are functional and will fuck her, so puts you to work fixing that (accidentally turning them into sex-fiends along the way). I think as a quest mod there's more scope to do things beyond just a 'Lead the Super Mutants' alternate start.

There's a lore problem with your basic concept; the super mutants are all sterile... They still have their genitals and reproductive organs, but they're no longer functional and they lose secondary sexual characteristics (like breasts, hair, bodyshape, voice differences).

I don't think people wanting Supermutant sex really care about lore anymore than those who want deathclaw sex..........

I don't think people wanting Supermutant sex really care about lore anymore than those who want deathclaw sex..........

Possibly, but that doesn't mean you just kick the lore to the curb... The lore encourages interesting and creative approaches to narrative and game mechanics. So I think we should do what we can to encourage, if not strict adherence, then at least familiarity.

Also I'm not sure I agree with your premise. We aren't just here because Bethesda games have become a platform for kink, most of us actually like the games themselves. So I suspect the number of people who want to bring sex into these games, that are clearly well suited to it, overlaps quite a lot with those of us who want to keep their worlds generally immersive and coherent.

Possibly, but that doesn't mean you just kick the lore to the curb... The lore encourages interesting and creative approaches to narrative and game mechanics. So I think we should do what we can to encourage, if not strict adherence, then at least familiarity.

Also I'm not sure I agree with your premise. We aren't just here because Bethesda games have become a platform for kink, most of us actually like the games themselves. So I suspect the number of people who want to bring sex into these games, that are clearly well suited to it, overlaps quite a lot with those of us who want to keep their worlds generally immersive and coherent.

So you are saying there are people wanting Supermutant sex that isn't possible by lore but in a lore friendly way?

That said, I still think you could do a Super Mutant Broodmother story but it should be a goal and not a starting point... So either the player would aim to restore sexual function and desire to the super mutants (you'd be responsible for transforming them from murdering baby-eaters into insatiable rapists and slavers), or you'd be working for a super mutant who's trying to do that.

I personally kinda prefer the idea of working for a super mutant who wants the PC's help in transforming 'herself' back into more of a female, but then becomes frustrated when none of the 'males' are functional and will fuck her, so puts you to work fixing that (accidentally turning them into sex-fiends along the way). I think as a quest mod there's more scope to do things beyond just a 'Lead the Super Mutants' alternate start.

Ok, thanks for bring eth sterile flaw to attention.

There are plenty of ways to work around it, for example, the breeding herds will have either their fetus mutated within their wombs or their newborn infants to be mutated into SMs.

Like:

post-25088-0-10927100-1464051922_thumb.jpg

Sterility aside, they may still have sexual urges, though I am unsure on that, but Marcus comment in fallout2 imply they have no sexual dysfunction but the ability to reproduce.

That is an excellent point! A little quick research showed there was even a rubber (sex) doll in Marcus's house!

Actually, according to Fallout 2, super mutants aren't truly sterile. If you take Marcus to the Cat's Paw brothel in New Reno, there will be some dialogue about how it just takes a long time for the juices to start flowing again. Apparently it just takes about a century or so for reproductive capabilities to return. Mutants age as slowly as ghouls so they'll certainly live long enough to breed.

Actually, according to Fallout 2, super mutants aren't truly sterile. If you take Marcus to the Cat's Paw brothel in New Reno, there will be some dialogue about how it just takes a long time for the juices to start flowing again. Apparently it just takes about a century or so for reproductive capabilities to return. Mutants age as slowly as ghouls so they'll certainly live long enough to breed.

all those super mutants are certainly coming from somewhere..............

all those super mutants are certainly coming from somewhere..............

And I can't imagine that there's much FEV left, or that most mutants have the intelligence necessary to create more.

Maybe it could start with being captured by super mutants and being made into their slave, then you are sent on an errand to that guy in the glowing sea (can't remember his name) he seems like he would be intelligent to know how to being the super mutants into full fertility, by using you (like injecting you with something that allows super mutants to breed you?)  then you go back to which ever tribe you were taken by and are used to make new super mutants then the other tribes hear about it and they all are subservient to you for a chance to have sex with you, you then create more super mutants and send them out on all sorts of different tasks like raiding or taking over settlements with the reward of impregnating you again, etc. etc. you have enough to take over diamond city, you can even capture other females and give them the same injection or whatever and use them as breeders while you take place of matriarch or something.

Yes, Brain Virgil could definitely take part in this, as a scientist who had worked on the super mutant project.

And Strong would need to have an active role in this as well, given his obsession for human milk hehe.

Edit: there are plenty of unique super mutant warlords the mod could work on, such as Big Mack in the Wilson Atomatoys factory and Fist in Trinity Tower.

Why should they? Bethesda obviously didn't.. :angel:

A note on the issue of super mutants being sterile in the fallout lore:

In Fallout 2 when you take the companion Marcus (the same one that appears in Fallout New Vegas) to the Cat´s Paw in New Reno and you set him up with one of the ladies in there he says that he hopes he doesn't get her pregnant, if you char says " arent all super mutants sterile?" he replies that the sterility passes after 50 or 60 years.

Thank you

A note on the issue of super mutants being sterile in the fallout lore:

In Fallout 2 when you take the companion Marcus (the same one that appears in Fallout New Vegas) to the Cat´s Paw in New Reno and you set him up with one of the ladies in there he says that he hopes he doesn't get her pregnant, if you char says " arent all super mutants sterile?" he replies that the sterility passes after 50 or 60 years.

Thank you

That was a developer's joke (which was later confirmed as such by that very developer). The information given in the first Fallout games states, that FEV can reapply itself indefinitely, therefore "repairing" reproductive cells (because they contain only half the DNA) indefinitely.

There is no lore problem, beyond "FEV in it's current state isn't effective on humans".

Deathclaws made using the same or very similar FEV are perfectly fine, moreso, their intelligence is much higher (up to 200% for animals infected with FEV, according to Fallout 1).

Tying the mod to lore would be something as simple as "I found what was missing in the FEV formula!".

super mutants were created from humans as an army to take over the wasteland, what if the player goes into the original vault that super mutants were mutated from and finds a mysterious serum (FEV) that allows super mutants to breed again. the serum could have been an unfinished experiment before the vault dweller destroyed the lab and it was lost forever until the new vault dweller finds it.

----
Maby the plot goes like this

Vault dweller finds a note off a supermutant corpse from its "intelligent leader" of suspicious supermutant activity from a note that says find item in (this vault) the vault dweller seeks out this vault and finds it filled with supermutants searching for object. you fight your way to the end of the vault and the supermutants eventually find what they were looking for and lock the door on you before you can reach them then escape. the supermutants now have the (FEV breeding virus) and use it in their water supply to reintroduce breeding to all supermutants. Supermutants now have the ability to breed and now seek travelers and humans as sex slaves to breed more supermutants.

How about a male player-character version? The PC could be (or become) the first super mutant male capable of impregnating human women. A lore-friendly setup could be: the PC finds notes on Institute's FEV research which starts a quest to find a syringe* full of "perfected" FEV. The PC shoots up and becomes a smart, fertile super mutant. His sons are fertile super mutants and his daughters are human. Infertile or unfit women are eaten or given to his followers as sex pets.

The quests would be similar to what the OP came up with, uniting the super mutant tribes under "Super Daddy"; capturing human women & killing the men; defeating the Brotherhood and the Minutemen; eventually taking Diamond City.

I can hear the dialog now:

SM1: "I want eat this human!"

Captured settler woman: *starts sobbing*

SM2: "No! Only human man for eating. Human woman stay alive."

CSW: *looks up hopefully*

SM2: "Human woman go to Super Daddy for making babies."

CSW: *starts screaming in fear*

SM1: "Right, brother, me forgot. Stop making noise, human! Or else I cut out tongue and eat that!"

*I know, humans have to be submerged in a vat of FEV, but this is a better version of the stuff.

• 1 year later...

There may be no official lore, but there is strong evidence that Commonweath super mutants at least are fertile, and perhaps with more than just humans.  

Institute-made mutants are visually distinctive from their Capitol Wasteland and west coast brothers, so it's pretty clear they didn't use the same FEV to make them.  And why would they, the mutants were to test how human organs could be improved as a test for gen 3 synths.  So we know their virus strain is different.  And there's the fact super mutant camps respawn.  New mutants come in from somewhere.  Where are they coming from?  In past games, the answer was obvious, they were made in the FEV vats like the others.  But, Commonwealth mutants have no access to the Institute's FEV at all.  The only logical explanation for where this functionally infinite supply of mutants is coming from is, they're fertile.  They have to be.  Where else could they be coming from?  Where did the hounds come from?  Sure they made synth gorillas so it makes sense they would experiment on animals, but why test on a different species than the one you intended to make?  There are no super mutant gorillas wandering around, just hounds.  Not only are they capable of impregnating women (or perhaps becoming pregnant if they are female), but it's possible they can breed with other species and pass on the FEV mutation to them as well, because to get the hounds the mutants would have to have mated with dogs.

The lore of the story has been that the West coast super mutants have genitals but are infertile, and relied on the Master's FEV supply. DC super mutants are of unknown genital status but are infertile and rely on Vault 87 FEV. The Commmonwealth mutants are also of unknown genital status, the Institute has been using the FEV on humans and dogs until very recently, so the super mutants have just been wandering around aimlessly.

Personally I have thought that a semi-lore friendly way of making a super mutant fertile would be to have an extremely scientifically advanced group, such as the Institute, modify the FEV virus further so that it would overwrite/degrade the DNA of the gamete that it fused with (a male super mutant's FEV would destroy the female egg DNA, leaving only the 46 male chromosomes and effectively making a clone of the supermutant). This would be inspired by the fact that FEV seemed to be intended as a genome wide all in one editing tool that set the DNA to one template. It's fit for a mod, and enough pseudo-science to be Fallout lore semi-friendly at least.

As far as respawning camps, I'll just say: It's a game.

As far as the details of how the fertility works, maybe only one in ten-thousand are fertile, so its possible to have never met a fertile one before.  No explanation for why we've never seen super mutant kids before, but we may have THOUGHT that they were all sterile due to the rarity of the fertility mutation, and perhaps over a hundred years after Fallout began the mutation is becoming more common.  Possibly FAR more common in the Boston region for some *cough*Institute*cough* reason.

Of course, super mutant births from a human are...very trying, only one person ever survived more than one birth, the Sole Survivor. After being captured the Sole Survivor managed to survive not one, but several births, earning her a great deal of respect, even reverence from the tribe.  She, over the course of months or even years, finally talked them into letting her out of the pen and taking a place as the Chieftain's wife, it began as her talking about how useful she could be, as she plotted her escape.  But over years of telling them how useful she could be, she effectively brainwashed herself to become part of the tribe.

Maybe it could start with being captured by super mutants and being made into their slave, then you are sent on an errand to that guy in the glowing sea (can't remember his name) he seems like he would be intelligent to know how to being the super mutants into full fertility, by using you (like injecting you with something that allows super mutants to breed you?)  then you go back to which ever tribe you were taken by and are used to make new super mutants then the other tribes hear about it and they all are subservient to you for a chance to have sex with you, you then create more super mutants and send them out on all sorts of different tasks like raiding or taking over settlements with the reward of impregnating you again, etc. etc. you have enough to take over diamond city, you can even capture other females and give them the same injection or whatever and use them as breeders while you take place of matriarch or something

Nice ideas the OP could simply add a quest in a remote institute lab where they are studying and experiment on super mutants. You find out that one of the scientists has become addicted to having sex with one of the super mutants and spots you watching her having sex late one night in the lab and convices you to try it. The PC then slowly starts to become addicted to having sex with the super mutant until after a few days of doing this you and the scientist end up becoming a willing slave to him. He then orders you and the other scientist ot free the rest the super mutants their who end up taking over the base and enslaving the rest of the female staff and impreganting them and you. Then you could have them slowly taking over settlements or kidnapping women and bringing them back to be breeders.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived