Creating the first XCOM 2 sex mod?

engineerwatkins

Hello Lovers lab community! I am particularly new to making my own mods for games, and I would like just a little help

to get me started. I want to create the first (At least I think) XCOM 2 sex mod, where players can have the option  to knock or subdue

Alien enemies where they will be collected as "test subjects" instead of corpses. Once collected, these subjects could be viewed in the research

lab as test subjects, and players could perform "breeding experiments" which would be the sex scenes. I chose XCOM 2 as the first game I wanted to try modding on because of how nice the theme fits. XCOM is always performing research on the Aliens, and this added feature would give the players some fappable material while in-game. I know this is a large and ambitious project, but i'm willing to dedicate the time and resources if someone is willing to help me understand modding a little bit and help me get started. Any feedback would be appreciated, thank you! :cool:  

Hello.

XCOM 2 uses the Unreal Engine 4, that you can download for free, then from Steam, get the "creation kit" that is just a bunch of files for XCOM 2.

Then start by learning how to use Unreal Engine 4. Many tutorials are available on youtube.

...and moved to the correct section.

Hello.

XCOM 2 uses the Unreal Engine 4, that you can download for free, then from Steam, get the "creation kit" that is just a bunch of files for XCOM 2.

Then start by learning how to use Unreal Engine 4. Many tutorials are available on youtube.

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

interresting, i always thinking it used unity ...

i will take a look at it, i m not a pro at all in unreal, but i m better than in unity , maybe i can find way to get something

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! progress update. I have since installed the unreal engine and the Xcom 2 creation kit. I'm currently learning how to use them both correctly. I do have another question though. Should I use Blender or Maya for creating the new "dirty" animations that will be featured in this mod? 

Hello again! progress update. I have since installed the unreal engine and the Xcom 2 creation kit. I'm currently learning how to use them both correctly. I do have another question though. Should I use Blender or Maya for creating the new "dirty" animations that will be featured in this mod? 

Maya is a lot easier to import into Unreal Engine as it is almost a straight import. Unreal themselves have a page to help with this here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Content/FBX/Animations/

Maya is a lot easier to import into Unreal Engine as it is almost a straight import. Unreal themselves have a page to help with this here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Content/FBX/Animations/

Thanks I appreciate it! Hopefully I can get this mod done in time for the loverslab community to enjoy it.

I just finished "creating" the example mod that comes with the creation kit, and I'm just about ready to delve in and start making my mod.

But I want to lay down a "road map" of sorts for you guys.

My mod aims to add in a few key things: seduction abilities, ammo, and  grenade types that will increase xcom soldiers and enemy types to have their "arousal stat" increased, basically by reducing the Will stat. Then of course, I plan on adding an ability that allows xcom units and enemy units to use  "combat sex" attacks, the success of the attack based on the will stat (like some psi op abilities). These combat sex attacks will trigger some of the new naughty animations that I plan to create. I'm thinking about making them about 20 secs long, since these "sex attacks" will probably happen more than once per mission. The last few things I want to put in are more interactive scenes that can accessed from the research lab. These "breeding experiments" can be researched by reducing an enemies will to zero without using combat sex attacks on them. They will become "Overroused" (I know  the name sucks), and collected as a "living specimen" rather than a corpse at the end of the mission. Living specimens of each enemy type will have 3 animation tiers, a new tier of animations is unlocked when you collect more of that enemy type. And that's about it, whew that was a mouthful.

I know this large project, but i'm pursuing a career in game design, so I figure a relatively large mod like this is a good start.

Now I have one more question: for simplicity's sake, what aspect should I start with on this mod?

(this is probably my last post on this topic, I will make a new  progress topic where I post updates)

Argh. Then I will play this game again!

About what a good approach for your "big" mod:

* Start small. Forget arousal, grenades, and similia.

* Focus to have one animation (just one) and being able to use it for an attach (for example only one specific enemy type and only one sex gender for the players' characters.)

* When you have this done, start by increasing it.

** Plan -> Decide all you want to do

** Split your plan --> Split your big mod in small parts

* Build it and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Keep in mind that you also have to create the meshes/textures for the actors involved in the "attack-sex scene".

Females can use the BaraBare mod, but enemies 9aliens) require brand new meshes/textures.

Congrats for your decision.

* Focus to have one animation (just one) and being able to use it for an attach (for example only one specific enemy type and only one sex gender for the players' characters.)

Keep in mind that you also have to create the meshes/textures for the actors involved in the "attack-sex scene".

Females can use the BaraBare mod, but enemies 9aliens) require brand new meshes/textures.

Thank you so much! 

Thank you so much! 

I agree with CPU.  Start small and start with what might be easiest to implement.

While it might be enticing to start by adding a sex-attack and animations, it might be more difficult to implement than say a grenade type weapon that destroys clothing/armor, not so much like clothing damage, but maybe removes/unequips armor from the target, eventually rendering them nude (a "nude bomb" as it were.)

Alternately, a disintegration ray (which destroys/removes armor) could work as well.

I know whenever I start learning something like a new programming language, I find it's always easier to write small, simple programs until you start to get comfortable with the quirks of the language.

I agree with CPU.  Start small and start with what might be easiest to implement.

While it might be enticing to start by adding a sex-attack and animations, it might be more difficult to implement than say a grenade type weapon that destroys clothing/armor, not so much like clothing damage, but maybe removes/unequips armor from the target, eventually rendering them nude (a "nude bomb" as it were.)

Alternately, a disintegration ray (which destroys/removes armor) could work as well.

I know whenever I start learning something like a new programming language, I find it's always easier to write small, simple programs until you start to get comfortable with the quirks of the language.

Thanks for all the support guys. I do have a question about what CPU had said earlier about making new meshes and textures for new actors in the animations. If I wanted to put a vagina on a Viper for example, I would use the base viper model, and then create an all-new texture or mesh with the vagina included, right?

XCOM 2 (and its game engine) are lazy on meshes and textures. You can alter the standard meshes and the UV often is kept the same, so it will be easy to alter also the existing texture.

Of course in some cases you need to generate new UV and so brand new textures.

Good part is that for the normal vanilla animations, they will work just fine (but try to avoid to change the faces, because the morphs of faces are done in a different way.)

XCOM 2 (and its game engine) are lazy on meshes and textures. You can alter the standard meshes and the UV often is kept the same, so it will be easy to alter also the existing texture.

Of course in some cases you need to generate new UV and so brand new textures.

Good part is that for the normal vanilla animations, they will work just fine (but try to avoid to change the faces, because the morphs of faces are done in a different way.)

Thanks again CPU. I just have one more problem lol. I cant find the Skeletal_Mesh_SoldierMediumMale.fbx file anywhere within the xcom 2 sdk, or any of the other character models. I've looked in almost every folder and subfolder.

Thanks again CPU. I just have one more problem lol. I cant find the Skeletal_Mesh_SoldierMediumMale.fbx file anywhere within the xcom 2 sdk, or any of the other character models. I've looked in almost every folder and subfolder.

Try to send a PM to @kexx456, he did some work and may give you some more practical advises on where to find the files.

PROGRESS UPDATE:

So after bashing my head against my monitor trying to find the correct files to import into blender, I finally figured out I have to open the files in the

unreal editor first, then export them as .fbx files (thanks for all the help btw guys). Any way, this is a progress update post. I couldn't make progress without running into more problems of course lol. The unreal editor can't find any of the dlc content files, like bare male human torso and other parts, which I really need. But I took some screenshots of my progress/ counter progress: 

Progress:

post-823314-0-86595200-1465629761_thumb.pngpost-823314-0-53302800-1465629777_thumb.pngpost-823314-0-98398700-1465629783_thumb.png

post-823314-0-19338100-1465629794_thumb.png

Cleary not progress:

post-823314-0-42551900-1465629811_thumb.pngpost-823314-0-42180000-1465629826_thumb.pngpost-823314-0-95592000-1465629833_thumb.pngpost-823314-0-56387500-1465629863_thumb.pngpost-823314-0-53671400-1465629872_thumb.png

Now I have another question. Should I create the new viper vagina mesh on the stretched out viper model, the pre-posed ones, or all of them?

Over in the "Lewd mods and XCOM 2" thread, there's a nude mod already there. I'd ask moomany for advice or about using his nude mod.(page 10) It's only the humans, but it's a starting point.

EDIT: After looking through the other thread for new posts, I found a screenshot someone took of a femified alien they made. They say they got help from moomany.

Over in the "Lewd mods and XCOM 2" thread, there's a nude mod already there. I'd ask moomany for advice or about using his nude mod.(page 10) It's only the humans, but it's a starting point.

EDIT: After looking through the other thread for new posts, I found a screenshot someone took of a femified alien they made. They say they got help from moomany.

Oh yes Kexx and Moomany! I have been talking to them as well! They have been very helpful.

Progress Update 2:

Ayy Lmao! I got the skeletal meshes for the viper in blender now!

Now all I gotta do Is add some new meshes, and make a whole new animation for the

damn thing! Seems easy enough... 

No but really thank you guys for your continued help and the tips and advice you've been giving me.

post-823314-0-75997300-1466002616_thumb.png

Archived