Female Nude Bodies Cause Lag

Baadar

Hello, i was hoping i can get some help here, you see, everytime i want to play NV i try to install nude bodies to use Loverslab mods, but for some reason, every single nude body causes my game to lag a lot, to the point that is pretty much impossible to play without clothes on, yes, as long as i keep everyone dressed, no problem, games goes smooth, but as soon as my character or any npc loses clothes, huge lag happens (or even loot sometimes, as naked female bodies cause a huge fps drop...) i've tried installing different nude bodies, but to no avail...is there a way to solve this? A skin texture or anything else? My pc isn't exactly a powerfull one (in fact is a laptop made for work, rather than gaming, and over 8 years old...yeah, a potato pc xD) but i can play FO3 with mods installed (nudity included) with no real issue, and heck, even skyrim is playable (not at max settings but i can use some high res textures with no problems)...NV is the only one that gives me so many issues, Hopefully someone can help me...and i hope im at the right side of Loverslab uwu"

The first thing I'd do would be narrowing down which is the asset that causes the issue. I'd go on the texture path (usually textures\characters\female, if you're not using peculiar custom races) and rename the texture (upperbodyfemale), then try in game, then the normal (upperbodyfemale_n) and see if there are differencies concerning the lag.

Renaming them, in whatever way you want, i.e. AAAupperbodyfemale, will force the game to load vanilla texture; obviously the UV will appear strange, the skin seems messed, but you only need to see if you still notice that big lag or not.

The first thing I'd do would be narrowing down which is the asset that causes the issue. I'd go on the texture path (usually textures\characters\female, if you're not using peculiar custom races) and rename the texture (upperbodyfemale), then try in game, then the normal (upperbodyfemale_n) and see if there are differencies concerning the lag.

Renaming them, in whatever way you want, i.e. AAAupperbodyfemale, will force the game to load vanilla texture; obviously the UV will appear strange, the skin seems messed, but you only need to see if you still notice that big lag or not.

Ok, i'll give it a shot :3

• 1 month later...

i remember having a problem like that before on my old laptop.........................

Its a long shot but what resolution is the skin texture on the body and how detailed is the nude body?
if you can try to reduce the skin resolution...

i think i ended up fixing the problem by using a different body and skin mod....

Hello, i was hoping i can get some help here, you see, everytime i want to play NV i try to install nude bodies to use Loverslab mods, but for some reason, every single nude body causes my game to lag a lot, to the point that is pretty much impossible to play without clothes on, yes, as long as i keep everyone dressed, no problem, games goes smooth, but as soon as my character or any npc loses clothes, huge lag happens (or even loot sometimes, as naked female bodies cause a huge fps drop...) i've tried installing different nude bodies, but to no avail...is there a way to solve this? A skin texture or anything else? My pc isn't exactly a powerfull one (in fact is a laptop made for work, rather than gaming, and over 8 years old...yeah, a potato pc xD) but i can play FO3 with mods installed (nudity included) with no real issue, and heck, even skyrim is playable (not at max settings but i can use some high res textures with no problems)...NV is the only one that gives me so many issues, Hopefully someone can help me...and i hope im at the right side of Loverslab uwu"

I recommend taking a look at this tool here. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/17594/?

Make a backup of mod files, then point it at the directory your mod textures are in, it goes through and does wizard shit all up the texture's asses until they squeal like pigs and your game runs better.

Keep in mind the vanilla settings might bring quality down a bit low, I usually reduce character skins by hand to find the "perfect" reduction, but for a quick and dirty tool, it's great.

Archived