50kb avatar limit

SensualLust

Oh boy i hope we never get to see animated avatars and signatures on LL. That's just terribly annoying and distracting.

Honestly i don't see the problem with 50kb avatar size, you should just crop and resize the image to 200x200 size before uploading. The actual avatar you see in the forum is even smaller than that.

I doubt GIF signatures and avatars will ever be allowed as it will take up more resources lag the pages the more that appear on the page they are distracting as hell when trying to read something. Just be happy that they allow a GIF thread to posts GIFS in they could have a no GIF anywhere at all rule.

But if you do run across someone with a GIF signature or avatar don't be afraid to hit the report button under their name say that they are using a GIF for signature or avatar and hit send so that the moderators can take care of it.

I am a on a different site that allows GIF avatars and signatures it's very annoying but adblocker cleans up all GIF crap very nicely. The site even one day had animated dividers to go with all the other crap pages lagged so bad till I removed their animated dividers. They even love overusing their color fonts so some months I won't even go to the site till it's changed back.

• 1 month later...

Archived