[FO4 CK] General Help Thread

I'm looking for a command like 'IsPlaying' or 'GetCurrentIdle', but for the love of it, I cannot find any way to retrieve an actors currently played Idle.

Am I blind or is there no way to check what the currently played idle is? Checking against a specific Idle would also do the job, I envision something like

if akActor.IsPlaying(IdleTest) == 1

better would be

if akActor.GetCurrentIdle() == IdleTest

Does anyone know the command or is there none?

Context:

The && !akActor.IsPlaying(xxx) is what I'm looking for and the following code excerpt should show what I'm trying to do.

function updateAnimation(Actor akActor, Bool bReset = false)

if bReset
   akActor.PlayIdle(IdleReset)
   Return
Else
   Int iBondage = math.floor(akActor.GetValue(avBondage))
   if iBondage == 1 && !akActor.IsPlaying(IdleHogtie)
      ; Hogtie
      akActor.PlayIdle(IdleHogtie)
   elseif iBondage == 2 && !akActor.IsPlaying(IdleStrappado)
      ; Strappado
      akActor.PlayIdle(IdleStrappado)
   Else
      ; Invalid
      Return
   EndIf
Endif

EndFunction

I can work without the function, but it'd make my life easier.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm looking for a command like 'IsPlaying' or 'GetCurrentIdle', but for the love of it, I cannot find any way to retrieve an actors currently played Idle.

Am I blind or is there no way to check what the currently played idle is? Checking against a specific Idle would also do the job, I envision something like

if akActor.IsPlaying(IdleTest) == 1

better would be

if akActor.GetCurrentIdle() == IdleTest

Does anyone know the command or is there none?

Context:

The && !akActor.IsPlaying(xxx) is what I'm looking for and the following code excerpt should show what I'm trying to do.

function updateAnimation(Actor akActor, Bool bReset = false)

if bReset
   akActor.PlayIdle(IdleReset)
   Return
Else
   Int iBondage = math.floor(akActor.GetValue(avBondage))
   if iBondage == 1 && !akActor.IsPlaying(IdleHogtie)
      ; Hogtie
      akActor.PlayIdle(IdleHogtie)
   elseif iBondage == 2 && !akActor.IsPlaying(IdleStrappado)
      ; Strappado
      akActor.PlayIdle(IdleStrappado)
   Else
      ; Invalid
      Return
   EndIf
Endif

EndFunction

I can work without the function, but it'd make my life easier.

Any help is appreciated.

I think the only option you have is to register for animation events and detect which one is calling then set a local boolean flag when it starts/stops then test against that.  AFAIK there is no function to detect current animation. I can't think of any instance where Beth would need to. And most everything in Papyrus is only stuff Beth needs for the game to function as they built it. F4SE might implement something later. Who knows.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys, can someone help me please to fix animation export error from 3ds max  for Fallout 4? I am getting this Warning:  "Bone Root has no bind pose. All bones in the skeleton will use their first keyframe as their bind pose.". It doesn't matter which version of 3ds max or havok tools I am using. Every time I am getting this warning. The file was exported like .hkx, but in the game my character have default "A" pose without motion.

Hello kind people.

Just here to spotlight an issue with companions :
When you pimp your companion (Prostitution), or let your companion have some fun (autonomy), it seems to lock your compagnon in a strange loop, not allowing this companion to exit it's current animation or making it stuck at it's actual position, glitching it forever. Killing the other actors won't change anythig.

Any suggestion ?

• 1 month later...

Hey I've recently started working with the fo4 ck and i have a few small issues. 

1) When generating navmesh outside I can only do one cell at a time. There ends up being a gap between cells and npcs wont cross over or follow patrols from cell to cell. Is there a way to merge the borders of these cells? I think I tried manually adding vertices and connecting them that way but I got an error.

2) When setting the player up for scenes I want to disable player control and unequip all but I cant use the function unequipall() becuase it removes the pipboy. So I made a script the removes all slots individually except the pipboy slot. Here are my scripts.

Function DisablePlayerControl()

InputEnableLayer myLayer = InputEnableLayer.Create()

MyLayer.DisablePlayerControls()
      game.forcethirdperson()
      game.setplayeraidriven(true)

EndFunction

Function EnablePlayerControl()

game.setplayeraidriven(false)
      MyLayer.EnablePlayerControls()

EndFunction

Function PlayerUnequipAll()

Player.UnequipItemSlot(33)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(34)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(35)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(36)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(37)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(38)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(39)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(40)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(41)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(42)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(43)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(44)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(45)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(54)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(55)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(56)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(57)

EndFunction

My issues are some items such as the vault suit dont unequip with my strip function and when i restore player control with my script I cant go first person
anymore and my pipboy doesnt work. Does anyone have a better way to implement these functions?

3) When I create dialogue the npc greet dialogue is invisible. The rest of the conversation has subtitles but the greet just pans the camera between both the npc and player but no dialogue is shown.

If anyone could provide solutions to any of these issues I would appreciate it.

HI, I have an intention to create a mod that makes the Furious Effect (Increase damage at every consecutive hit on the same target) always active on the player, whit any weapon wielded. My ideal goal was to bake the effect on a Perk, but I have failed to "find" that specific effect among the perk options. So any method of making the Furious effect always active in the player will be appreciated.

My idea is get rid of those encounters that takes 30+ bullets to kill a Radstag, I wouldn't mind if enemies get the effect too. But as I said, the ideal was to make it via an perk.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello My question is how to go about tracking down a F4SE issue.

I can start the game via f4se and play for a while until seemingly randomly I will CTD approaching new area like Olivia Satellite base or Sanctuary. If I start the game via the normal f4 exe I can play normally aside from everything needing f4se screaming about that its missing.

I have reinstalled Fallout and played with only f4se and no other mods (Very boring and very annoying) and gotten the same random CTD or worse a CTD seconds after the lift out of Vault 111 stops at the surface. (I should note that female characters crashed even before reaching that point while the lift is still moving up while male characters lasted longer)

I feel like at this point I know its a f4se issue and not a issue with any other mods but since repeated reinstalls of f4se have failed to fix this I don't know how to further track down what is causing the crashes.

I would be grateful for what ever help I can get.

On 11/18/2017 at 9:34 PM, Hybris50 said:

Hello My question is how to go about tracking down a F4SE issue.

I can start the game via f4se and play for a while until seemingly randomly I will CTD approaching new area like Olivia Satellite base or Sanctuary. If I start the game via the normal f4 exe I can play normally aside from everything needing f4se screaming about that its missing.

I have reinstalled Fallout and played with only f4se and no other mods (Very boring and very annoying) and gotten the same random CTD or worse a CTD seconds after the lift out of Vault 111 stops at the surface. (I should note that female characters crashed even before reaching that point while the lift is still moving up while male characters lasted longer)

I feel like at this point I know its a f4se issue and not a issue with any other mods but since repeated reinstalls of f4se have failed to fix this I don't know how to further track down what is causing the crashes.

I would be grateful for what ever help I can get.

Wrong thread for this mate... this thread is CK related.

On 10/21/2017 at 9:57 PM, Kickinit09 said:

Hey I've recently started working with the fo4 ck and i have a few small issues. 

1) When generating navmesh outside I can only do one cell at a time. There ends up being a gap between cells and npcs wont cross over or follow patrols from cell to cell. Is there a way to merge the borders of these cells? I think I tried manually adding vertices and connecting them that way but I got an error.

2) When setting the player up for scenes I want to disable player control and unequip all but I cant use the function unequipall() becuase it removes the pipboy. So I made a script the removes all slots individually except the pipboy slot. Here are my scripts.

Function DisablePlayerControl()

MyLayer.DisablePlayerControls()
      game.forcethirdperson()
      game.setplayeraidriven(true)

EndFunction

Function EnablePlayerControl()

game.setplayeraidriven(false)
      MyLayer.EnablePlayerControls()

EndFunction

Function PlayerUnequipAll()

Player.UnequipItemSlot(33)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(34)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(35)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(36)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(37)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(38)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(39)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(40)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(41)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(42)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(43)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(44)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(45)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(54)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(55)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(56)
      Player.UnequipItemSlot(57)

EndFunction

My issues are some items such as the vault suit dont unequip with my strip function and when i restore player control with my script I cant go first person
anymore and my pipboy doesnt work. Does anyone have a better way to implement these functions?

3) When I create dialogue the npc greet dialogue is invisible. The rest of the conversation has subtitles but the greet just pans the camera between both the npc and player but no dialogue is shown.

If anyone could provide solutions to any of these issues I would appreciate it.

Go download Immersive Lover's Embrace and look at the source code... the strip and redress functions specifically. Or, look at the source for four play, that would work too... I feel somewhere between the two, you will get exactly what you are looking for :) Oh yeah, thats why I suggested Lover's Embrace! LoL... it has a whole things about disabling layers and and all that .. and it works like a charm. Lemme find it...

HoldAtBlackImod.ApplyCrossFade(3)
    myLayer.DisablePlayerControls(true, true, true, true, true, true, true)
    NPC_REF.EnableAI(False) ;Disable there specific ai
    Debug.EnableAI(False) ;Disable all AI debug
    Debug.EnableDetection(False) ;Disable all AI Detection
    Utility.Wait(2)
    NPC_REF.MoveTo(Game.GetPlayer())

<do what you need to do to the player / NPC in here>

Utility.Wait(2)
    myLayer.EnablePlayerControls()
    NPC_REF.EnableAI() ;Enable there specific ai
    Debug.EnableAI() ;Enable all AI debug
    Debug.EnableDetection() ;Enable all AI Detection
    ImageSpaceModifier.RemoveCrossFade(3)

I used this in Wastelander's Rash and it works like a mofo... of course, this does a fade to black where something is played (sound) and then once the sound is done, it fades back into the normal view.

But you can at least see what it is doing and then pull the parts you need from the code and adapt it.

Edited by Guest

The * means its an override of vanilla settings. Just open the esp in Fo4Edit and remove the entry... save the mod, and youre golden :) The ESP of the mod in question, NOT the fallout4.esm! :p

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, lwflashy said:

The * means its an override of vanilla settings. Just open the esp in Fo4Edit and remove the entry... save the mod, and youre golden :) The ESP of the mod in question, NOT the fallout4.esm! :p

Thanks for the answer!

Ok, I've been trying this, what I do is: Right Click on the item and then select "Remove". Is that the safest way to remove the entry?

Also, how do I save the esp in FO4Edit? (I had to close the program in order to save it)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to better understand how Fallout 4 mods works but a mixture of bad understanding of english, script language and programmations slang keep frustrating my efforts.

So I'd like to ask if someone could give me some tips about:

First)

I can't understand how, with papyrus, I can identify an npc as Vendor.

With the CK I could check "GetOfferServicesNow", but I can't find a Papyrus corresponding

if I'm correct the whole Service/vendor is managed by faction, but there isn't a generic faction like in Skyrim CK (JobMerchant... I guess), and I was unable to find a way to check is a faction is a vendor faction.

Also checking the Class of an npc doesn't work because there isn't a merchant class.

So: can someone point me to the right direction? How can I check in Papyrus "This guy is a Vendor of any type?" there's also a way to check if an NPC is a specific vendor of something (Barber, medic, weapon, armors etc.)?

Second)

There's a way to add Headpart to a PC? Like Scars/Hairs etc?

So far I found only this

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=GetHeadParts_-_ActorBase

but it doesn't help with modifing the part itself or adding or removing one (like a new scar for example)

Thrid)

I've also some difficulties to find information about how the ObjectMod works (the mod on an item added with the workbench), for example check if a power armor have a specific paint (or a paint at all) if an outfit have a specific mod a weapon a scope, etc.

I read something here

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=ObjectMod_Script

but is all a non-sense for me, am I looking in the wrong page?

Hi everybody! 

I'd like to know if anybody else is having instant CTD issues upon initiation of F4SE.  I have the current version of Fallout 4 and the newest version of the SE installed, and the only mods that I'm running are, as best I know, in lockstep with the newbie guide to installing Four-Play.  If nobody else is having issues, I'd appreciate assistance.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, gangstamick said:

I'm having an issue compiling scripts with CK, especially with regards to the bodymorph function. I've set up the CK to recognize f4se folder and import those, but I don't understand what I'm missing.

You need the source files of all the scripts that are used.

Good find - I too could not recompile certain FP mods due to this issue. I once upon a time ago had a customized Family Planning mod but could never compile it due to bodygen related errors. Now I know why. And Ive just gone and grabbed that PSC from the 0.3.0 distro. Awesome!