[FO4 CK] General Help Thread

How should I go about generating a .lip file for my custom dialogue? Does it require a voiced .wav file or does it just generate based on the text itself? 

The CK "generate lip file" button is always grayed out, apparently Bethesda says to use the 32-bit version of CK for lip generation but the program always crashes on me when I try

Check Seddon4494

Hey all, I was wondering if in FO4's creation kit they actually released the behaviour files.  I was just thinking, that if they released them, we might be able to use them to figure out how to add behaviours in Skyrim.  It's probably a foolish idea, since I don't have FO4 and it's likely that the creation kit for it, is nothing like Skyrim's.  Just a thought, it would open things up a lot for adding custom creatures.

Hey all, I was wondering if in FO4's creation kit they actually released the behaviour files.  I was just thinking, that if they released them, we might be able to use them to figure out how to add behaviours in Skyrim.  It's probably a foolish idea, since I don't have FO4 and it's likely that the creation kit for it, is nothing like Skyrim's.  Just a thought, it would open things up a lot for adding custom creatures.

Behaviors file are available but their format is not public.

Some progresses on decoding them are available here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/55609-hkxpackhkxanim-animations-in-fo4/

Err, for a mod I'm trying to create, I need to have a windows pop up and asking the player to make a choice between multiple option.

As I intend it to be a base mod, modders have to be able to add options in it.

Problem is.... I have no idea how to make a windows pop up ;_;

Err, for a mod I'm trying to create, I need to have a windows pop up and asking the player to make a choice between multiple option.

I guess you want to use Messages (Miscellaneous->Message in CK) but I'm pretty sure if multiple mods try to add options to it, they will conflict with each other.

I guess you want to use Messages (Miscellaneous->Message in CK) but I'm pretty sure if multiple mods try to add options to it, they will conflict with each other.

I'll take a look at it, I may have to use skse to use external dummy files to generate the options from, but I'll try my best not to. My goal is for it to be easy to add stuff to it, so I have to make the base conflict free :3

Just found that the Creation Kit was updated to version 2.0, and it works way better. But is way slower than before in loading a mod or saving.

And it crashes when you close it. No big deal.

But it seems to be really better than the previous one (1.5.something)

Still working on my mod framework, and hit a ditch... I dunno if it's possible without F4SE's team adding more function :

• Can, and if yes how, a script change a button text in a message property ?
  • Can, and if yes how, a condition check if an external file exist ?
  • Can, and if yes how, a script read information from an external files (after checking it's existence obviously)

(I want the button to show only if another mod add content for that button, and change with script the text for that button by extracting it from an external file)

In the meantime I could make the button show "mod #" which would be activated if a global value is modified by another esp (have to make a lot of global values :3), authors would be able to resolve mod conflict by proposing multiple version of the esp (each one modifying only one of the global value I have in my framework). Twould be compatible for console if I only do that (but, wouldn't be very satisfying for me  :@ )

Still working on my mod framework, and hit a ditch... I dunno if it's possible without F4SE's team adding more function :

• Can, and if yes how, a script read information from an external files (after checking it's existence obviously)

(I want the button to show only if another mod add content for that button, and change with script the text for that button by extracting it from an external file)

In the meantime I could make the button show "mod #" which would be activated if a global value is modified by another esp (have to make a lot of global values :3), authors would be able to resolve mod conflict by proposing multiple version of the esp (each one modifying only one of the global value I have in my framework). Twould be compatible for console if I only do that (but, wouldn't be very satisfying for me  :@ )

1) Yes. But you need to create two messageboxes, and condition them.

2) No

3) No

1) Yes. But you need to create two messageboxes, and condition them.

2) No

3) No

Welp, would be at least a start and viable for console... Didn't thought about using multiple message boxes (quite good idea :3), dummy me

I haven't got GECK4 yet so I'm working on stuff in FO4Edit, I'm creating a mod that will hopefully have the glow colors on the Kerrigan suit swap according to health/radiation levels. I'm very familiar with FONV GECK but FO4 has a different structure for armor adding mod options in Combinations.

So I'm currently just creating the assets to function when I get GECK4 happening:

What I need to know is can mods on an outfit be swapped by script on the fly in game?

Or should I go down the path of Outfit swapping creating an armor for each color glow?

I haven't got GECK4 yet so I'm working on stuff in FO4Edit, I'm creating a mod that will hopefully have the glow colors on the Kerrigan suit swap according to health/radiation levels. I'm very familiar with FONV GECK but FO4 has a different structure for armor adding mod options in Combinations.

So I'm currently just creating the assets to function when I get GECK4 happening:

What I need to know is can mods on an outfit be swapped by script on the fly in game?

Or should I go down the path of Outfit swapping creating an armor for each color glow?

HI!

No, outfits swapping is not possible. But removing all the equipment, and replacing it works.

But not when you change a cell, so you need some collateral scripting if you need it.

And I see in you a pillar of Fallout modding. you still call the trick GECK.... (Sorry no offense.)

For Skyrim we needed a SKSE function to replace outfits, and this is not yet available in F4SE. (Right now not a single extension is available...)

HI!

No, outfits swapping is not possible. But removing all the equipment, and replacing it works.

But not when you change a cell, so you need some collateral scripting if you need it.

And I see in you a pillar of Fallout modding. you still call the trick GECK.... (Sorry no offense.)

For Skyrim we needed a SKSE function to replace outfits, and this is not yet available in F4SE. (Right now not a single extension is available...)

Well I realise I probably will need the FO4Sript extender to do either, but was really wondering as FO4 is closest to Skyrim whether mod swapping of an outfit could be done, I've seen an instant outfit swapping mod on Nexus that seems to work fine. But I would prefer to swap the mod on the outfit rather than swapping the outfit, was that possible in Skyrim?

The difference is creating 7 base color outfits with swapping 7 color glow mods or just creating 70 outfits for all the combinations to swap instead.

From the Creationkit Wiki:

Template Armor: Another piece of Armor this item will acquire its data from. If filled in, only the Name, Value, and Enchanting fields are used; all of the other values will be inherited from the template.

Does this mean combinations are not used either? If I am to take this literly does it mean only Object Effect, Item Value and Name are relevant?

I'm just wondering if I am to create a heap of color variations of an outfit can I just use the original outfit as a template then add the object mod for each color in the PartA combinations as normal.

I'm just thinking if I decide to change the base outfits resistances or armor rating it would change all color variations rather than having to go back and alter all 20 odd color variations

From the Creationkit Wiki:

Template Armor: Another piece of Armor this item will acquire its data from. If filled in, only the Name, Value, and Enchanting fields are used; all of the other values will be inherited from the template.

Does this mean combinations are not used either? If I am to take this literly does it mean only Object Effect, Item Value and Name are relevant?

I'm just wondering if I am to create a heap of color variations of an outfit can I just use the original outfit as a template then add the object mod for each color in the PartA combinations as normal.

I'm just thinking if I decide to change the base outfits resistances or armor rating it would change all color variations rather than having to go back and alter all 20 odd color variations

Meh, this was like Skyrim.

Use templates only if you really need them.

Better control is when you duplicate the object and do the changes you like to it.

Sadly the "LeveldList" will not get your new object, but with a quick "Use Info" you can find them and add the varied items if you like.

Sadly the "LeveldList" will not get your new object, but with a quick "Use Info" you can find them and add the varied items if you like.

Yeah I noticed like NV that levelled lists seem to take a few days and/or cell resetting and/or full moon to update changes

Its a pain because I'm doing everything in FO4Edit as the GECK4 beta isn't available to a lot of overseas people, its a known problem with the Beth Launcher

Yeah I noticed like NV that levelled lists seem to take a few days and/or cell resetting and/or full moon to update changes

Its a pain because I'm doing everything in FO4Edit as the GECK4 beta isn't available to a lot of overseas people, its a known problem with the Beth Launcher

I'm sorry about that.

I live in US and here it was available from day zero of the release. Buggy but available.

It is fun how "old modders" (not regarding the actual age, but the longevity of games like FONV) are still calling the Creation Kit as GECK. Or with the neologism GECK4.

Can anyone figure out why I can't dismember the player?  This is to make the slave collar work.

I have code like this:

Actor p = Game.GetPlayer()

p.Dismember("Head1", true, true)

p.Kill()

The dismember does nothing.  (The  kill works.)

However, if I call it on an NPC, it works fine.

You probably want PlayerHouse_Ruin_Television01. It lives in WorldObjects/Static/SetDressing/PlayerHouse_Ruin.

Furniture all lives in WorldObjects, but the category depends on how it acts in-game.  Containers (like cabinets) live in Container. Objects you can interact with live under Furniture (like beds and chairs).  Things that just sit there are Static.