Fallout 4 Player Surrender

View File

When your character gets defeated in combat (or gets caught while running around naked) this mod will stop combat and play one of the selected scenarios.

Since there's no SexTec, no MCM, and F4SE is in very early stage, this mod has a very limited functionality. When we get all this stuff, my plan is to make a simplified version of Death Alternative with some Sexlab Defeat/Submit and Deviously Helpless features (check Skyrim section if you don't know what I'm talking about).

Surrender conditions:

• Low health
  • Crippled
  • Caught without a weapon

Surrender scenarios:

• Lose all items, move to some random location with a quest to recover your gear. If you "die" again without recovering your gear, quest just expands.
  • Move to some random location (no quest, no items lost).
  • Pacify enemies for a few seconds to let you heal and escape.

What does "Essential player" mean?
If you chose the "low health" surrender condition it makes your character immortal. You still take damage but you can't die, similar to some important NPCs. Unfortunately it means every time your health hits 0 you have to wait ~12 seconds lying on the ground before you can continue. I hope there will be some way to fix that in the future. - Fixed, but camera is still freaking out.

Known issues:

• UPGRADING FROM PREVIOUS VERSIONS DOESN'T WORK, START FROM A CLEAN SAVE IF YOU WANT TO TRY THIS MOD
  • Settings menu is kind of clunky, it will be replaced later when mod configuration menu comes out
  • When you surrender in Far Harbor you move back to Commonwealth
  • Damage over time doesn't trigger any events
  • It's WIP, so don't install it on your 100 hour save.

Credits:
This mod takes a lot of ideas from these Skyrim mods:
Sexlab Defeat (Goubo)
Sexlab Submit (dkatryl)
Deviously Helpless (Srende)
Death Alternative (BralorMarr)
If you want something similar in Skyrim, check them out.

Mod Review by VatiWah:
http://youtu.be/5WIsV5us_3k

Full changelog:

v9:
Removed the ~12 second downtime when player "dies" while being essential
Naked scenario now plays even when player undresses (loses a weapon) during the combat
Added logging
Minor bug fixes and optimization
v8:
Completely changed the way mod stops combat, it should be a lot safer (NO MORE random freezes) and faster. Also, it doesn't stop combat around you, so enemies will keep fighting with each other. ALSO, you can't run away from enemies while being "naked" anymore, sneaking until they notice you still works.
Mines and other objects not related to any NPCs don't trigger surrender, so you can't get a quest to recover your gear from exploded bottlecap mine.
Now you can set follower's travel location before getting teleported.
Now you can temporarily disable the mod in the settings.
NPCs don't steal the settings changing item anymore.
Goodneighbor citizens will kick you out of the city if you upset them.
Slightly changed the "pacify enemies" scenario, now you have more time to run away and regroup.
Updated custom scenario example to work with v8.
v7:
Added option to make player essential
v6b:
Another fix for freezes during surrender
Minor bug fixes
v6:
Settings item gets unequipped after use
Settings menu stays open after changing a setting
Dogmeat will be sent home like all other companions
Option to disable companion dismissal when submitting and moving to another location
Unique "wake up" locations when submitting to: Covenant, Forged, Gunners, deathclaws
Fix for pipboy disappearing
Player character now exits power armor before submitting (when choosing "lose all gear" scenario)
v5:
Temporary fix for freezes, surrender animations have been changed (now look stupid when submitting to creatures)
Low health settings
New scenario: Pacify enemies for a few seconds
Now when you surrender to someone from Diamond City, you move to the Diamond City Security Office without losing any items
v4:
Submitting without weapons equipped should be a lot more stable
v3:
Added new surrender conditions:
- Crippled
- Low health OR crippled
- Caught without a weapon
Added new scenario:
- Teleported to some random location (no quest, mostly for testing new surrender condition)
- Custom (play custom scenarios from other mods)
Added a simple configuration menu (equip "Player Surrender Settings")
Added a better way to communicate with my mod, check "Custom Scenario Example.7z"
v2:
Fixed (hopefully) stuck quest markers. This update resets the gear recovery quest, make sure you get everything back before it disappears with the zone reset.
v1:
It's something.

This is awesome, a much simplified Death Alternative, I mean that in a good way. This would be a great way to do survival mode, where the pc keeps losing gear, exp, perks, levels -- a devolution of progress, instead of live-die-repeat (save-n-load)... With no save-n-load cycle for failure, the event would just reverse all rpg progress. This is the future of sandbox gameplay. Saves just happen automatically, under-the-hood, but constantly for the inevitable ctd. Surrender chance vs overwhelming odds or a Knockout mechanic to replace death (save-n-load).

Hiya, when i try to set SRND_LowHealth to 0.15 it tells me that  SRND_LowHealth is an unknown variable.

EDIT: Found it it should be set SRND_LowLife to 0.15 may want to update in description

Thanks! Fixed.

P.S. We really need some sort of mod configuration menu.

post-195750-0-22439100-1462768931_thumb.jpg

Another thing i noticed is after dying multiple times trying to get to my stuff. I went to my original corpse and looted it and the red quest marker did not disapper on looting my gear back. Once I had it back i went to each place where i died prior and looted them and the quest marker didnt disappear for those either. Do they not disappear until the enemy despawns or will those quest markers stay forever?

Looks like if you die to the same enemy twice then quest just bugs out. I will fix that in the next version.

EDIT: Nope, it's something else. I need to do some testing.

EDIT2: And fixed.

Another thing i noticed is after dying multiple times trying to get to my stuff. I went to my original corpse and looted it and the red quest marker did not disapper on looting my gear back. Once I had it back i went to each place where i died prior and looted them and the quest marker didnt disappear for those either. Do they not disappear until the enemy despawns or will those quest markers stay forever?

kinda of a cool idea for "hardcore survival" difficulty -- you only get one life. When you die "Looks Menu" appears and you're prompted to roll a new character from wherever the F4-PS mod randomly drops you. Creating your enslaved/subjugated look if that's where the mod leads the sole survivor. You'd obviously still be playing the same character with an option to loot your last corpse, but you'd have lost some levels and perks from death, with a prompt to rename/remake your character a bit. If you opt to play the same character (same looks and/or name), there could be a greater "loss" penalty. Maybe burning or burying your previous corpse awards back some lost exp/perks.

Setting perks per level in PPPL mod to two perks per level (defaut) would also make for a more energetic experience. Assuming you're not too prone to dying. This is how Survival Mode should have been, never use the save-n-load function again. Regaining your pipboy frees your character, or completes the death quest. Assuming raiders haven't hung your previous corpse on a towering spike, in the middle of their fort, competing the quest shouldn't be too simple. Or super mutants haven't stuffed it in a blood bag above a cauldron, in an arena surrounded by a pack of hungry hounds fighting a legendary deathclaw.

Great work. Seems like a very solid step towards adding the risk of player slavery into the game.

I'd say it's already there.

Simply hook this and the slavery mod together (with some temporary faction edits), add in an escape and gear recovery quest for the player, and it's basically done. Can hook sex mods into it later as things develop.

Trykz

Great work. Seems like a very solid step towards adding the risk of player slavery into the game.

I'd say it's already there.

Simply hook this and the slavery mod together (with some temporary faction edits), add in an escape and gear recovery quest for the player, and it's basically done. Can hook sex mods into it later as things develop.

Trykz

Very much agree. I'll be excited for someone to crack animations and build a working framework, but the best parts of a good slavery mod are what happen between the sex scenes anyway. If we have to just strip the PC and fade to black, the player's mind can fill in the gaps for now.

New version. I'm giving up on trying to make player essential. It was working perfectly in Skyrim, don't know why it's so messed up in Fallout 4. Sometimes nothing happens and you get fully healed, sometimes camera goes under the floor. Maybe someone else can figure it out, but I'm done.

Added a better way to integrate my mod with a little instruction for modders.

Also, new surrender condition. Now if you don't have a weapon equipped ("naked") enemies will start chasing after you instead of shooting you on sight. You can sneak past them or try to run away from them (it's really hard though). Haven't done much testing so I expect it to be broken. Also, I don't think it's possible to check if player is naked until a full F4SE release, so for now it's only no weapon.

Added a better way to integrate my mod with a little instruction for modders.

Also, new surrender condition. Now if you don't have a weapon equipped ("naked") enemies will start chasing after you instead of shooting you on sight. You can sneak past them or try to run away from them (it's really hard though). Haven't done much testing so I expect it to be broken. Also, I don't think it's possible to check if player is naked until a full F4SE release, so for now it's only no weapon.

It would be reasonable not to worry about nakedness. I think no-weapon sounds like a nice idea. Captors can arrange the nakedness. They should be most interested in the player's apparent vulnerability.

It would be reasonable not to worry about nakedness. I think no-weapon sounds like a nice idea. Captors can arrange the nakedness. They should be most interested in the player's apparent vulnerability.

Yeah, I'll definitely keep the no weapon thing.

Using v3 Alpha, low health and/or crippled seemed to work pretty well. Most of the time when those conditions were met, I found my poor player in a new location. Did wonder why I seemed to be healed. "No weapon" where I got rid of all guns, tried to work but froze.

Also got to thinking. Why would a dog or a mosquito grab my things and ship me across the country?

Did wonder why I seemed to be healed.

I think losing all your gear is already a huge penalty, having broken legs/being at 10% health on top of that is just too much. Might add an option to turn the healing off later.

Also got to thinking. Why would a dog or a mosquito grab my things and ship me across the country?

Not sure about mosquitos, but current scenario implies that there is a sex scene happening when screen goes black, so that's how you lose gear, and then you run away and end up in some different place.

I will add some options like ignore creatures, don't strip player, and don't teleport to some random places later when mod configuration menu comes out. I don't like the current way to change the settings and if I add all this stuff now it will be even worse.

Did wonder why I seemed to be healed.

I think losing all your gear is already a huge penalty, having broken legs/being at 10% health on top of that is just too much. Might add an option to turn the healing off later.

Not sure about mosquitos, but current scenario implies that there is a sex scene happening when screen goes black, so that's how you lose gear, and then you run away and end up in some different place.

I will add some options like ignore creatures, don't strip player, and don't teleport to some random places later when mod configuration menu comes out. I don't like the current way to change the settings and if I add all this stuff now it will be even worse.

This is all very promsing. Good work.

Just checked surrender without weapons and it worked smoothly. Made me wonder about transport. It's neat and it certainly gives the player a problem, but why not just have player come back to consciousness amidst temporarily genial raiders or dogs or super mutants or gunners?