57 minutes ago, markdf said:

If you switch your locale to English, does it make a difference?

Do you have Large Fonts enabled in windows?

When i switch to english it doesnt make a difference

No i dont think i have large fonts enabled in windows everything esle scale right

Edit number 2 : Thank you markdf for the help

FIXED IT :)  It was a problem with the dpi scaling with Java

I leave the solution for anyone else having that problem

Just found an easy solution on my Windows 10 machine:

1. Find resaver.exe or java.exe you installed.
  2. Right click -> Properties
  3. Go to Compatibility tab
  4. Check Override high DPI scaling behavior.
  5. Choose System for Scaling performed by:

• 5 weeks later...

@markdf - I have a SkyrimSE save with a script I need to delete, but the option to delete it is disabled (right click option greyed out).  If I just delete the PEX file itself and try to load my save, I'm told the savegame is corrupt.  The script isn't directly associated with an ESP, or it would have been deleted when I cleaned the save previously.  Suggestions?  I can upload the save file if that will help.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

@markdf - I have a SkyrimSE save with a script I need to delete, but the option to delete it is disabled (right click option greyed out).  If I just delete the PEX file itself and try to load my save, I'm told the savegame is corrupt.  The script isn't directly associated with an ESP, or it would have been deleted when I cleaned the save previously.  Suggestions?  I can upload the save file if that will help.  Thanks.

Actually scripts are NEVER associated with a plugin. Every script is its own entity, unowned.

I'm not sure why the delete command is grayed out. Can you send me a screenshot or a copy of the savefile?

6 hours ago, markdf said:

Actually scripts are NEVER associated with a plugin. Every script is its own entity, unowned.

I'm not sure why the delete command is grayed out. Can you send me a screenshot or a copy of the savefile?

Now I can't reproduce the situation, so apparently I was trying to delete the matching string along with or instead of the script.  That DPI trick listed above helps immensely!  4k monitor, small text and old eyes are a poor combination!

I guess the formID is used when filtering by the specific ESP?  This is what I meant by "association".  Seems none of the script instances in question were running with the refid of the parent mod.  Before I cleaned the save, 3 scripts were using default 00 refid and 1 was attached to a record from another mod entirely.  1 of the default refid script instances somehow lingered in the save after cleaning.  I guess I was expecting all the scripts to keep the mods refid vs. picking up the refid of the object to which they attach.  I just haven't bumped into this issue before now (orphan script causing a corrupt save situation).

At any rate, I appreciated the quick response and information.

15 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Now I can't reproduce the situation, so apparently I was trying to delete the matching string along with or instead of the script.  That DPI trick listed above helps immensely!  4k monitor, small text and old eyes are a poor combination!

I guess the formID is used when filtering by the specific ESP?  This is what I meant by "association".  Seems none of the script instances in question were running with the refid of the parent mod.  Before I cleaned the save, 3 scripts were using default 00 refid and 1 was attached to a record from another mod entirely.  1 of the default refid script instances somehow lingered in the save after cleaning.  I guess I was expecting all the scripts to keep the mods refid vs. picking up the refid of the object to which they attach.  I just haven't bumped into this issue before now (orphan script causing a corrupt save situation).

At any rate, I appreciated the quick response and information.

The DPI problem is so ridiculous. If I could do it all again I would write ReSaver in C# or something. Java is ... vexing sometimes.

FormIDs refer to the forms in plugins, but that falls apart when a form is created because created forms all go in their own virtual plugin. Script instances are associated with a form, but that doesn't help you find the mod that made them if it created the form dynamically. And in Fallout 4, script instances don't need to be associated with a form at all.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a Mod Organizer 2 user, how do I use this with it? I've tried running it normally with the Mod Organizer integration thing checked, but it showed so many orphaned scripts that I was afraid it wasn't detecting MO2's mods (I had rather recently cleaned a save before it with SaveTool before that started crashing whenever I tried pulling up my saves, hence why I switched to this). I also tried running it through MO2, but it would just say "Running virtualized processes" for a moment, then appear to load the program, but then just quit back to MO2 as if the program had crashed.

For more info, I'm using this with Skyrim Legendary Edition and trying to run the ReSaver.exe. Is there a way to point ReSaver to the MO2 mod directory after checking the integration option that I've just missed? Sorry to bother you if it's something small like that x_x. Anyway, thanks in advance!

22 hours ago, worik said:

A question:

in the menu->clean->show cell(-1) changeforms

:classic_huh:What is that and what is it good for?

E.g. I see 3203 REFR records in it, some with named esp/esm files, some not ...

*scratches head*

Those are things that are not located anywhere. A user requested that filter to help them analyze a problem they were having with a script.

On 2/9/2019 at 12:07 PM, genderneutralnoun said:

Hi, I'm a Mod Organizer 2 user, how do I use this with it? I've tried running it normally with the Mod Organizer integration thing checked, but it showed so many orphaned scripts that I was afraid it wasn't detecting MO2's mods (I had rather recently cleaned a save before it with SaveTool before that started crashing whenever I tried pulling up my saves, hence why I switched to this). I also tried running it through MO2, but it would just say "Running virtualized processes" for a moment, then appear to load the program, but then just quit back to MO2 as if the program had crashed.

For more info, I'm using this with Skyrim Legendary Edition and trying to run the ReSaver.exe. Is there a way to point ReSaver to the MO2 mod directory after checking the integration option that I've just missed? Sorry to bother you if it's something small like that x_x. Anyway, thanks in advance!

Orphaned scripts have nothing to do with Mod Organizer. Their presence mean that you've been uninstalling mods mid-playthrough.

Don't run ReSaver through Mod Organizer.

The "integrate with Mod Organizer" feature is only for parsing the plugin files, which isn't necessary 99% of the time.

11 minutes ago, markdf said:

Don't run ReSaver through Mod Organizer.

No? ? It never made any problems and uninterrupted stable games for over 13 months speak by itself  ... at least in MO1, I guess. Lucky circumstances?

18 hours ago, worik said:

No? ? It never made any problems and uninterrupted stable games for over 13 months speak by itself  ... at least in MO1, I guess. Lucky circumstances?

Two things:

1.) ModOrganizer doesn't work that well running Java applications, and ReSaver is written in Java. Java is slow and doesn't get enough memory when it runs through MO.

2.) If you try to use Plugin Parsing, it will fail horribly when run from within MO.

There is NO advantage to running ReSaver from MO. None.

• 3 months later...

Did I messed up something somewhere, or FallRim saves SSE SKSE64 co-save as .ssse, while SKSE64 itself saves and reads co-saves as .skse?

It does cause SoS to freak out about missing plugins on load, at least. Maybe other things I haven't noticed.

Discard that. Haven't noticed that LL version is outdated.

BTW, here's my cat. She's a sweetie. You're a sweetie too. Thanks for making this tool, it saved my saves more times than I can remember!

Spoiler

uknJO8x.png

• 1 year later...

What is the magic behind "Queuedunbinds"?

qu4.jpg.9419092a00cbde72f304be9223998e64.jpg

My Skyrim-glitch-o-Feeling is tingling!

The first three are from a Troubles of Heroine follower (and they are rather old already)

The last one is from DFC potion quest I guess

The question is now:

If those would be force greets would they be stuck now?

Does any script that ends in QueuedUnbinds ever get triggered or are they stuck?

If they are stuck, can I delete them? (tried already but I guess there is a clueless-user-o-protection in place)

• 1 year later...
On 7/11/2020 at 8:26 AM, donttouchmethere said:

What is the magic behind "Queuedunbinds"?

qu4.jpg.9419092a00cbde72f304be9223998e64.jpg

My Skyrim-glitch-o-Feeling is tingling!

The first three are from a Troubles of Heroine follower (and they are rather old already)

The last one is from DFC potion quest I guess

The question is now:

If those would be force greets would they be stuck now?

Does any script that ends in QueuedUnbinds ever get triggered or are they stuck?

If they are stuck, can I delete them? (tried already but I guess there is a clueless-user-o-protection in place)

I would love to know this as well ....

52 minutes ago, blaatand said:

I would love to know this as well ....

I found no solution yet and we won't see any support here.

Theoretically it would be possible to end the connected script via console, thing is to find out what scrit causes this, or better, what makes em stuck in the first place.

I believe it's all failed forcegreets and if they get stuck they will never return.

Alternative would be to reinstall the mod getting stuck and give it a new place in LO... maybe.

So far ToH and DFc are mods that always end in QU.

Last time I also found a vanilla quest end in there, which prevented me from getting the Quest reward (don't care lol).

Edited by donttouchmethere
  • 6 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 11:22 PM, donttouchmethere said:

I found no solution yet

Had a unbind caused by buttslap.

Annoying, I want a clean save.

Removed buttslap, made a save, still there.

Reinstalled buttslap, quest restarted, and QueuedUnbinds was gone.

It looks like the only solution is restarting the quest. 

Difficult on vanilla quest, however, maybe set a quest to a former state, save and reload and set all states incl objectives to completed might work.

Always a save in between.

• 9 months later...

OK, now I found a fix.

Go to Quest unbounds, you will see the attached script instance.

Delete this ones, it's a running instance, not the script itself.

(Info and script instance)

Tested it, works.

Also found the reason for my unbounds.

An actor is defined and assigned inside the script. This reference will be lost on cell change --> questunbound

Easy fix in script, define actor outside, then assign the reference.

The simple "actor property akActor Auto"

Now my save is really clean, 1 active script if somewhere in the world with no hostiles., no questunbounds anymore

Spoiler

image.jpeg.9b831d9aa4a25560fcd40b73677226b8.jpeg

Spoiler

image.jpeg.935c0d13c56065a631aaf12e9ee2138b.jpeg

Spoiler

image.jpeg.10ae2e9d955bbf5769af14652b3a86dc.jpeg

so it looks after cleaning

Spoiler

image.jpeg.3e44bd18a9fcecbcca677184600e17da.jpeg

Edited by Tlam99