Premise
-------
In its early history the Catholic Church was more heavily influenced by women
such as Mary Magdalene. As a result, equality is the norm for Catholics. Women
can hold council positions and lead armies without restriction, and may enter
the clergy. This Church's views on sex evolved in the reverse of its
historical counterpart: lust is a virtue, and chastity is one of the seven
deadly sins.

Whores are held in high esteem, and clergywomen are very likely to be whores.
Incest is accepted as normal, but doesn't have the Zoroastrian divine blood
belief. Concubines are also allowed. Adultery is looked on as generally good
because it shows a woman's desirability, but rulers may choose to discourage it
in their wives to avoid succession problems.

Installation
------------
To install this mod, follow these steps:
1. Open your "Documents" folder.
2. Locate the "Paradox Interactive" folder within your "Documents" folder and open
it.
3. Locate the "Crusader Kings II" folder within the "Paradox Interactive" folder and
open it.
4. Locate the "mod" folder within the "Paradox Interactive" folder and open it.
5. Copy the "Christianity Mod" folder and the "Christianity Mod.mod" file
located in the same folder as this readme to the "mod" folder.

You will now see it in the list of mods when you run Crusader Kings II.

Game Mechanic Changes
---------------------
I greatly reduced the likelyhood of getting the inbred trait, as in real life
the danger of inbreeding comes from harmful recessive traits, which is already
handled by normal inheritable trait mechanics. The remaining low probability
simulates multiple bad recessive traits that wouldn't individually merit a game
trait eventually adding up.

I lowered the age of marriage to 12, as it was in medieval Europe, because I'm
not selling this and therefore don't need to give lip service to Victorian era
beliefs. The age of adulthood for purposes of guardianship and regency ending is
currently set at 16, as the idea of education lasting until 16 is deeply
embedded in the game.

Absolute Cognatic succession law is available for all Catholics, even tribes.
The mod uses custom history files to make about 75% of Catholic titles use
it, while the remaining 25% stick with their original laws. The affected titles
may start with female rulers. Note that West Francia and Lombardy retain their
original rulers and succession laws so as not to interfere with the Charlemagne
events, and Venice and Amalfi are also unaffected because merchant republics are
hardcoded to be ruled by men.

Note that the status of women laws, introduced in Conclave, are redundant
for Catholics who are effectively equivalent to the highest level at all times.
The Tolerance tech level requirements for improving the status of women have
been lowered to reflect the influence of the numerous Catholics.

Compatibility
-------------
This mod requires version 2.5 or higher and the expansions other than Sunset
Invasion. It works fine with the Your Personal Castle mod, which is recommended,
and with Better Looking Garbs.

The EUIV converter works fine for saves created with this mod.

Includes
--------
This mod was inspired by and is derived from nadamod, which in turn uses VIET,
Your Personal Castle, and Duel Engine. Nadamod also used a custom map and a law
mod which are not included here. I've separated out the files from Your Personal
Castle as well--anyone wishing to use that mod should install the regular
released version.

Known Bugs
----------
* Free investiture is hardcoded to only allow men to be nominated as
successors. This is a known limitation which Paradox will hopefully change.
* Only men can take concubines. This is a hardcoded limitation that I can't do
anything about.
* Some characters are created as adults by the game engine and can't be modded
directly. The event that gives women their curves will trigger for women created
this way eventually, but it can take up to six months. This is for performance
reasons, and I may adjust the frequency later.
* Catholic rulers get the "liege is jain" opinion modifier with their vassals,
which greatly increases realm stability. This is an engine bug that gives the
opinion modifier based on a religion's "pacifist" parameter being set to "yes",
as it is for Catholicism in this mod. In the base game, Jain is the only
pacifist religion.
* The status of women laws can still be changed for Catholics, but doing so will
have no game effect. The engine offeres no way to disable that law even when
it's redundant.

View File

Very nice to see this!  The changing of Catholic rulers to female is a really interesting twist -- I was a little worried it might break existing wars or the like, but I loaded up the Stamford Bridge bookmark and sure enough, Adelaide the Bastard and Maria Hardrade were still fighting Harold II over England.  (Though in that same bookmark, Queen Sholto of Scotland is married to Queen Ingeborg, and they even have kids -- though honestly, I think that's amusing enough to stay.)

I know just what you mean about Stellaris being likely to eat up your time.  I've been obsessing over videos of it ever since the embargo lifted.  Just a few more days!

Really great mod. So far I haven't seen any conflicts with HIP, which is awesome. Have you changed the event code for the WoL grand hunting thing that gives you the lifestyle trait?

Also, another thing I noticed is that literally everyone has lovers pox. Like the entire world is full of herpes. I replaced all the events that give it to you with a 1 day duration and on I got it an obscene amount of times a year. Unless the intention was to saturate the game world with the lovers pox debuff, I think something might need to be changed. Also, its not just limited to Christians, as I've seen some rules from other religions like Slavic and Sunni trigger the lovers pox event. Maybe get rid of it? Or a preventative/curative drug that costs money?

Oh and a contraceptive option would be nice. Shitton of babies gets kind of annoying real quick. Like a sterile/not sterile potion/pill/herb.

That is just my two cents. The mod is awesome, and I hope it keeps developing. Good job.

It looks like the only change I made to the hunting events is to call the event that does general stuff on female characters when you bring a lover home. I'll add an item to my to-do list to look into it more.

The other things you mentioned I'm fine with as they are.

Really great mod. So far I haven't seen any conflicts with HIP, which is awesome. Have you changed the event code for the WoL grand hunting thing that gives you the lifestyle trait?

Also, another thing I noticed is that literally everyone has lovers pox. Like the entire world is full of herpes. I replaced all the events that give it to you with a 1 day duration and on I got it an obscene amount of times a year. Unless the intention was to saturate the game world with the lovers pox debuff, I think something might need to be changed. Also, its not just limited to Christians, as I've seen some rules from other religions like Slavic and Sunni trigger the lovers pox event. Maybe get rid of it? Or a preventative/curative drug that costs money?

Oh and a contraceptive option would be nice. Shitton of babies gets kind of annoying real quick. Like a sterile/not sterile potion/pill/herb.

That is just my two cents. The mod is awesome, and I hope it keeps developing. Good job.

Reason other religions have it, is that everybody can visit the brothel. Way across the world. So thats how they get it. 

I am using it with HIP. And have seen some strange glitches where I cant legitimize my bastard heirs. Or if Im female I cant work as a whore. Doesnt happen every play through. It seems the game sometimes uses HIP files and sometimes christianity. If they both have the same files edited. Im assuming this "overwrite" happens when you choose in-game for HIP. If you want vanilla crusades, shattered world, or if females have same rights.

I have a question. Since I'm using Christianity Mod with Dark World and Hentai Sizes submod, every woman gets two sets of breast traits. So is there any way to prevent Christianity Mod from assigning breast traits? Already tried putting # in nada_on_actions.txt, after a month it assigns them anyway...

The hentai sizes sub-mods does its own way of doing thungs, and the same with dark world reborn I'd personally suggest not using the sub mod but that is just me

The hentai sizes sub-mods does its own way of doing thungs, and the same with dark world reborn I'd personally suggest not using the sub mod but that is just me

I have a question. Since I'm using Christianity Mod with Dark World and Hentai Sizes submod, every woman gets two sets of breast traits. So is there any way to prevent Christianity Mod from assigning breast traits? Already tried putting # in nada_on_actions.txt, after a month it assigns them anyway...

No, that's a core part of the mod. Dark World checks to see if Christianity Mod is active and doesn't set breast traits if it is, but Hentai Sizes doesn't. However, the author of Hentai Sizes did mention in a different thread that he was looking into making it compatible.

• 3 weeks later...

It's cool that you made the change to the rulers being female and all, but if a ruler is married to a female the game don't let them have children (no duh) so there is a problem with the fact that the changed rulers are women married to women, that might need looking into.

Outside of that little complaint, amazing work on the mod! Love it and can't imagine playing CK2 without it now. Keep it up (that's what she said)

Female/female marriages were a mistake actually. This is just from memory so I could have the details wrong but... The script's priority is making sure everyone's father is male and mother is female, so aside from just a few lesbian marriages to make that work (I think it was 5-10 across all of history, just the people who REALLY liked to sleep around and confuse family trees) everyone should have an opposite-sex spouse. Unfortunately I didn't think to check for couples who have no children registered in the history files, which is more than you would think... But it was a happy accident, I think there are enough lesbian marriages this way to be noticeable enough to feel properly enlightened without really changing much.

But yes, someone in a lesbian marriage should probably have the option of finding a sperm donor... Preferably her wife's closest blood relative... :D

Also... The script makes a more or less complete database of the history files before rewriting them, so there's all sorts of cool things that can be done. As proof of concept it not only gender-swaps 50% of Catholics and gives 75% of the countries with Catholic rulers true cognatic succession, but also generates a complete history of breast sizes using the same inheritance rules as the mod. You can finally look back in the records and see that huge tits run in your wife's family. :P

If anyone else has any ideas for things that could be written into the history files, or I guess if other modders want to use the script too, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Open the common/religions/christ_religion.txt file. Look for lines 35 and 36, which will be:

pacifist = yes
peace_piety_gain = 1.0

That should let you use the holy war CB again. Note that it's not a supported change and goes against the purpose of the mod, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I just found this thread, I was looking in the old thread, yet I somehow still managed to get the 1.5. Anyway I'm rambling. My problem is that the mod keeps screwing up for me. Whenever I get a new character started it works fine for the first half dozen or so days, but then I get about 50 of these event windows with no writing, pictures or options and they can't be closed nor can the game be unpaused with these event windows open, I am effectively unable to play this mod. However this mod also sounds really good and from what little I played it was enjoyable. I see these forum posts and it seems to work for everyone else so can someone please help me with this problem. And before someone asks I have tried this mod with and without other mods installed.

• 5 weeks later...

I've encountered the same problem. Some script that doesn't work, but since there's a million of them in the mod it's hard to find out which one... I've noticed that if I save the game when I get the empty popup and then retire and load the game up again, it's gone, so that's one solution to it.

Archived