Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HDT SMP

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Caelryn

Caelryn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

So I recently stumbled across something that's called HDT SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics). There are several threads about it here on the forum but most of them are not really up to date anymore. Therefore my questions are: How far along is the progress with this new HDT system? Is it still being developed? I can't seem to find any armor conversions for SMP, so I guess it's not publicly released yet?

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

27X

27X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

There is no progress.

No it is not being still developed.

There is no need to convert it, it supports impulse resolve/bounce "natively" (the fact you're asking without having known that says you're probably not the person who should be using it).

SMP is quite literally DIY physics, and if you're not really into writing your own xmls or testing stuff for hours on end yourself, PE is probably where you should be sniffing around)

Most of the implementations of SMP (in fact all of them but one) in the SMP thread you apparently didn't read very much of are actually just PE proxies to begin with.

SMP is also extremely problematic versus ENBoost and memory allocation/allotment, including crashfix and SKSE/Sheson's patch.

aquaraider11

aquaraider11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

There is no progress.

1. No it is not being still developed.

2.  PE is probably where you should be sniffing around)

1. That's a shame, it should be still developed, as its slightly broken and very unfinished.

2. I have to disagree as anyone who does not already have HCT can never legally  acquire it, same goes for users who allready have HCT but i dont think they care if its legal or not.

So if our OP here ever wants to do anything but install mods, he is gona have shitty time googling HDT PE quides 'til he notices he cant do it.

(HCT is no longer publicly available, and thus HDT SMP was developed to use bullet physics and not need HCT)

LovePussyMods

LovePussyMods

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

There is no progress.

1. That's a shame, it should be still developed, as its slightly broken and very unfinished.

2. I have to disagree as anyone who does not already have HCT can never legally  acquire it, same goes for users who allready have HCT but i dont think they care if its legal or not.

So if our OP here ever wants to do anything but install mods, he is gona have shitty time googling HDT PE quides 'til he notices he cant do it.

(HCT is no longer publicly available, and thus HDT SMP was developed to use bullet physics and not need HCT)

Ummm....ok..

Of course HCT isn't available. IT DOESN'T EXIST AND NEVER HAS...you might as well Google where you can buy flying pink elephants...

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/53996/?

Stop making up crap if you have no idea what your talking about. Wisdom begins by using "I Don't Know"

blueballbob

blueballbob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

So I recently stumbled across something that's called HDT SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics). There are several threads about it here on the forum but most of them are not really up to date anymore. Therefore my questions are: How far along is the progress with this new HDT system? Is it still being developed? I can't seem to find any armor conversions for SMP, so I guess it's not publicly released yet?

HDT is kind of on hold until the SKSE64 is released, then I think it'll be continuing for Special Edition and not for the OldRim.  If you want to try the SMP body it's pretty easy at http://www.loverslab...w-uunp-and-sam/

If it doesn't work at first make sure you followed the directions.  If it still doesn't work, look for the .xml files that came with the package in Notepad++ and do a find/replace across all of them for comma , and replace the comma with a period . . At least that worked for me.

SMP is much less 'glitchy' that the HDT PE is.  Plus it's got much better collision detection so you get more realistic bounce and response to touch or other part of the body. 

Issues are that not all the legacy HDT armor and objects will work with it.  So far a majority of my armors I use DO work, (like remodeled armor and bikini armors) but some of the older DeserterX HDT armor doesn't.

aquaraider11

aquaraider11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

There is no progress.

Ummm....ok..

Of course HCT isn't available. IT DOESN'T EXIST AND NEVER HAS...you might as well Google where you can buy flying pink elephants...

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/53996/?

Stop making up crap if you have no idea what your talking about. Wisdom begins by using "I Don't Know"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...onger available

Havok content tools (HCT) is tools used to make new havok physics enabled nodes on allready existing skeletons, and that tool set is no longer available as intel bought it. So at this point, about all you can do in faevor of HDT PE is add boob physics to armors, while in contrast in SMP i can do shit like HDT enabled elf ears.

oh, yeah sure some people can actualy do some new HDT things, because they allready had those tools and did not delete them, but at this point there will never be new HDT PE creators. ... meaning DEVELOPERS not boob modders.

Also you kind asshole could also google.... like at all... and also in your case wisdom starts with "i don't know"

aquaraider11

aquaraider11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

HDT is kind of on hold until the SKSE64 is released, then I think it'll be continuing for Special Edition and not for the OldRim.

Where did you get that information, as last info i got was that HDT had some IRL problems and could not actively continue modding, but still updated SMP once after almost half year brake. and has never been heard sinse then (last summer)

There are several threads about it here on the forum but most of them are not really up to date anymore.

They are as up to date as need to be as nothing has changed on SMP department, SMP is more DIY than PE, but it works better, it does not have wide modder base in west, so not much content in english but if you search eastern forums there is plenty...

So my current mission is to bring SMP to everyones field of attention so we get more modders poking at it and more mod users using it.

blueballbob

blueballbob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

HDT is kind of on hold until the SKSE64 is released, then I think it'll be continuing for Special Edition and not for the OldRim.

Where did you get that information, as last info i got was that HDT had some IRL problems and could not actively continue modding, but still updated SMP once after almost half year brake. and has never been heard sinse then (last summer)

It was someone on reddit, but don't have the link handy.  Was saying even if Hydrogensays doesn't come back they'd try and pickup HDT for the SSE, but wouldn't bother with Oldrim.

The SKSE64 thread updated yesterday.  Looks like we might have a full beta of the SKSE64 by end of March possibly!  :)

aquaraider11

aquaraider11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

It was someone on reddit, but don't have the link handy.  Was saying even if Hydrogensays doesn't come back they'd try and pickup HDT for the SSE, but wouldn't bother with Oldrim.

The SKSE64 thread updated yesterday.  Looks like we might have a full beta of the SKSE64 by end of March possibly!  :)

For the love of god, i hope they are smart enough to continue where SMP left of instead of trying to beat the dead cow that PE is.

And yes i also read the SKSE64 thread (40 minutes after it updated!) YAY!!

Also if someone else continues Skyrim physics, the do need to do documentation, a good one, preferably in English...

but there is one problem, its not that i doubt anyone abilities, just that hydrogen is very clever, and i think it will be hard to just "pick up" PE or SMP without assistance of Hydrogen, as other vice it will need to be re coded completely and making any compatibility with existing formats will be a bitch...

Also if someone IS able to pick up SMP or recode it, i would very much like a word with them, as they would have the skills i need for my little project plan.

polonius

polonius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

If it doesn't work at first make sure you followed the directions.  If it still doesn't work, look for the .xml files that came with the package in Notepad++ and do a find/replace across all of them for comma , and replace the comma with a period . . At least that worked for me.

SMP is much less 'glitchy' that the HDT PE is.  Plus it's got much better collision detection so you get more realistic bounce and response to touch or other part of the body. 

Issues are that not all the legacy HDT armor and objects will work with it.  So far a majority of my armors I use DO work, (like remodeled armor and bikini armors) but some of the older DeserterX HDT armor doesn't.

Thanks for that. I replaced the damned commas and got jiggle. Infinite jiggle so far, but still progress.

prZ

prZ

Sleepless Guy..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Thanks for that. I replaced the damned commas and got jiggle. Infinite jiggle so far, but still progress.

fixed xmls for jello or realistic are uploaded here

polonius

polonius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

fixed xmls for jello or realistic are uploaded here

That did the trick thank you. I shouldn't have any older SMP DLLs since I've never tried it before should I?
Here's the files replaced with "."s along with your tweaks for U.S. users and others that use that standard. To clarify, overwrite your \hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs files with these if you'd write (more importantly your PC) "0.05%", do not if you would write "0,05%". Maybe it'll save someone some time and my New Year's resolution was to stop leeching LL and contribute something.

I had no idea you could have localization issues with code. Thanks for your work on this, I laughed when my toon crossed her arms and her breasts squished.

Attached Files

bigglebojiggle

bigglebojiggle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

I'm really confused about how to use SMP. I still have to have HDT PE? Without it I get absolutely no jiggle. I installed OpenCL, I dont know why, it didnt seem to affect anything. Can someone point me to a proper tutorial (or just tell me what to do?) I'm kind of lost.

goaway

goaway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

You can get the basic idea from this tutorial.

http://www.loverslab...k-with-hdt-smp/

This is a good start for presets

http://www.loverslab...setup-13-fomod/

Converting existing outfits or renaming the trishape of every single body or outfit is making it a lot harder than it needs to be.  

With a few easy steps, you can activate most HDT armors to work with SMP.  The xml physics for armors just read the name of the trishape, all you have to do is point it to the right shape name (in the example below, UUNP, not baseshape).  As long as it has the correct naming for bones, meaning it is already HDT-PE enabled, it shouldn't require any conversions.  

Assuming you are trying to activate UUNP outfits:

1. First, make a copy of "cbbe-tbbp.xml" (or cbbe-hdt-vag.xml) and rename it to something like uunp-tbbp.xml

Then, find the line at the bottom of the new file that looks like 

<per-triangle-shape name="BaseShape">
<margin>0</margin>
   <prenetration>1</prenetration>
<tag>body</tag>
</per-triangle-shape>
And edit it to look like this:

<per-triangle-shape name="UUNP">
<margin>0</margin>
   <prenetration>1</prenetration>
<tag>body</tag>
</per-triangle-shape>

2. Then open up the defaultbbps.xml config and add this line:

<map shape="UUNP" file="\skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\uunp-tbbp.xml"/>

That's pretty much it.  Basically, the process would be the same for any HDT enabled top, you would just have to add a separate line and .xml for different groups of baseshape names, which could add a lot of bloat if you get authors using weird shape names, but otherwise it should work.