F4:SS - Fallout 4 Slavery System 0.9b (05.08.17)

I just noticed your Road Map it has a good layout for your plans.

http://www.loverslab.com/blog/492/entry-2828-f4ss-roadmap/

Wow, I should probably update that. Most of the things on there are done and finished!

For some detailed information on the next update, I'll be keeping preview changelogs in the second post of this thread, so that people can witness the progress I'm making towards release.

Once the framework gets finished or close to it, do you think you'll ever expand to include the PC to be on the receiving end? I know it might be difficult, but just wondering if you've considered it or if it's even possible, but I think with your system it would be amazing, perhaps even better than the Skyrim slavery system from way back when. haha.

The player enslavement side of things is within progress over here

Ah thank you! I missed that.

The issue at hand has been discussed and resolved to the best of our abilitites. The mods that had been taken down temporarily are available again.

While I'm at it, I'll give you a more detailed preview of a couple of features that are coming in version 0.9. For overall progress on version 0.9 and the full preview changelog, check the second post of this thread. I will from now on always keep the preview changelog for the next version there.

So, let's talk mechanics: firstly, the new global fear mechanic. Global fear is basically a way of saying how infamous you are as a slaver throughout the commonwealth. When you hand down punishments, global fear will increase depending on whether the slave deserved it or not. Global fear decreases periodically - so if you execute all your slaves at once, your global fear will surely be at maximum (100), but as time passes it decreases again. When handing down punishments the time a slave has been with you also plays a role. If you execute a slave that has been with you for a long time, you'll be guaranteed to get a large amount of fear out of that, since you're showing that even the slaves you're keeping around aren't safe from your whims. Fear is a two-edged sword. It will help you keep your slaves in line, they will be less likely to misbehave, but also has some downsides through various systems.

One of those systems is the new surrender mechanic. There are three main ways (apart from scripted events) to capture people: syringer rifle, intimidation and them surrendering to you. The surrender mechanic is no doubt going to be your main influx of slaves, since, depending on your playstyle, enemies will regularly surrender for you to take them as slaves (you can still just kill surrendering enemies without any sort of effect). Whenever an enemy drops below 20% health, there's a chance he will surrender (100 - global fear) that cannot be less than 10% - so if you're feared throughout the commonwealth, your slaves will be afraid to misbehave, but free folks will likely rather die than submit to you, since they heard stories of your cruelty. If you're not that feared, enemies are way more likely to submit (up to 100% chance).

When an enemy surrenders, he'll drop his weapon and get on the ground with his hands up. They will stay like that for 120 seconds, during which time you can activate them and choose an option: a) you can tie them up, restraining them and they will remain restrained for 10 minutes. This may be useful if you're still in combat and have to deal with the rest of the enemies before enslaving anyway, since you don't want them to get caught in the crossfire. B) you can enslave them right away. c) you can let them go, they will re-initiate combat only based on their base disposition to you. So a raider will immediately attack you again (and will not surrender again), but a citizen or settler that you pissed of by stealing or so, will not attack you again. They will concede that you won and just get on with their lives. That is, unless they get drawn back into combat because some of their allies are still in combat - rule of thumb: subdue all hostile actors to pacify them all before you release any one of them. And, of course, you can choose to just do nothing. After the time is up, they'll just get up again, however they will not pick up their weapon again.

Next, I've laid the groundwork for more workshop integration. When the mod initializes, you won't have any of the slaver abilties, yet. They will get added once you build your first slaver's safe, a new constructible container that serves to determine that the settlement it's placed in may use slaves. This safe serves as hub for your slavery activities in that workshop. Any profits you make will be put into the safe for you to collect - at the moment that's primarily your revenue from Auction Posts. You can only build Auction Posts and Slave Sleeping bags in settlements that have a slaver's safe. This allows me to have a starting point to attach more advanced scripts and implement e.g. workstations for slaves easily in the future.

Lastly, during my play-testing, I've found that slaves have a tendency to die. I've implemented an ability for the player to burn corpses. I just got sick of having a pile of bodies in the pond of Starlight Drive-In, so I needed to remedy that. Burning corpses takes time and looks all fancy and stuff, leaving nothing but a little pile of ashes burned skeleton behind, which you can activate to remove completely. Burning corpses only works with human corpses.

As I'm waiting for DD 2.0 to be released (I've finished my work for now and Kimy is revising it), I'm going to just keep on adding stuff. The changelog is growing at a nice pace and I'll keep making these preview posts here to explain what's coming whenever I'm done implementing something.

They shouldn't. If tested with my trusty dog, and he stopped attacking immediately - however, the actors in F4 sometimes show erratic behavior, thus I can't be sure until I get a broader base of test reports.

Surrendering actors get put into a peaceful faction, stop their current combat alarms and remain peaceful for the duration. So in theory, companions should just ignore them.

Would it be possible / worth it to let us choose the max chance of surrender? For immersive purposes, sigh I can't help but lol as I type that. No matter how awesome you are someone is gonna be that guy building a bomb under the power line tower and give you the "you can have my gun, when you pull it from my cold dead hands" line.

Would it be possible / worth it to let us choose the max chance of surrender? For immersive purposes, sigh I can't help but lol as I type that. No matter how awesome you are someone is gonna be that guy building a bomb under the power line tower and give you the "you can have my gun, when you pull it from my cold dead hands" line.

Maybe I'll do that at some point. Keep in mind, though, that if you're that awesome guy who keeps all his slaves alive and only ever kills one if they severely misbehaved (e.g. stole bobby pins and unlocked all their restraints or tried to make a run for it), the surrender chance is 100%. Later I'll go into more detail and actually check if the actor e.g. has chems in the inventory, making him less likely to surrender and stuff like that.

I'll just throw this excerpt from the preview changelog on the second post of the thread at you.

Changed: Utilizing RefCollectionAliases instead of ReferenceAliases, resulting in more dynamic processing and infinite active slaves. (100%)

Infinite means infinite. Like not even a super high cap that you'll never reach. You can enslave the entire commonwealth at once, if you manage to keep them all in check.

Oh man, I'm hyped and amazed at what you've accomplished for 0.9. This is like, the goldmine of slavery mods on Lovers lab I swear. ag12, you're my hero. :P This is REALLY well done, looks like it'll feel realistic, canon, and very well integrated into the FOU. o7 You deserve every bit of respect the whole of Lovers Lab gives you, bar none! <3

Cheers for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Just keep in mind that it's going to need a couple patches past 0.9 to tweak the values in the system so that it feels realistic - but we're getting there. :)

This mod conflicts a tad with four play's Violate i think, since they both have surrender mechanics? so far i'm only encountering violate's surrender options and not the slavery ones(trough combat) the syringer works fine. Also running into issues with slaves not following me.

Well, yeah, there's a ton of glitches in the version you have, it's half a year old...

You don't need to report any bugs at the moment, bug reports are currently useless, since the new version is already sitting on my desk, ready to be shipped, and all the core mechanics are rebuild from scratch basically. All your bugs don't exist anymore, instead there's gonna be new ones.

Just have a little patience :)

Yeah xD i've noticed the date of the file, was just adding a bunch of stuff to one of my vanilla games to add realism (and ofcourse dirty stuff) tought it was worth mentioning for ppl that just came upon this mod :D did you rail the interactions differently or will they infuse themself into the violate interaction?

FourPlay has nothing to do with this mod. There is no direct interaction between FourPlay and F4SS, until FourPlay has been cleaned up and unified, I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. I'm in contact with Vinfamy about long-term solutions, but for now you're going to have to disable Violate's player-aggressor stuff.

Cheers for the kind words, I appreciate it!

Just keep in mind that it's going to need a couple patches past 0.9 to tweak the values in the system so that it feels realistic - but we're getting there. :)

Hehe this is true. But I think the best part is, we the community get to experience the road and amazing result together with you. :D And I think that's part of the reason it's so awesome. That, and you're REALLY good at it. B)  :wub:  ;)  :P  

:blush:

So I've had a look at Workshop integration for slaves. Since we now know how to add actors to workshops without adding scripts to them in the editor (thanks ignotum_virum), I thought about making slaves available as settlers. Then I decided to take a break from modding for a couple hours and play a bit of my survival savegame, with SimSettlements, IndustrialRevolution and so forth.

And it occurred to me that my important settlements, let's call them my industrial hubs, are already at capacity in terms of settlers and that settlers are fuckwits and good-for-nothings. So after having taken like a '10' minute play-break from modding, I got excited, closed the game, opened notepad++ and went into one of my coding frenzies. Now, what does that mean for the mod?

Slaves will have purpose within your settlements, but they won't use the vanilla settlement. Like, I'm going all the way with this:

as I've already told you, each settlement that you want to support slaves needs to have a slaver's safe. The slaver's safe now serves as the slave 'workbench' so to speak, as it holds the important script. You can then just build slave sleeping bags, auction poles and workstations for your slaves. To register a slave with the workshop, just select him and activate a sleeping spot (I'm saying sleeping spot because the script is generically written, I can within minutes add slave beds and whatnot) - the slave gets removed from your direct control and henceforth stays near that slave sleeping bed. Slave beds drain 1 food and lower security by 5 from your 'normal' workshop. They cannot use any of the 'normal' workplaces like your classic food objects or security (or SimSettlement plots).

You can however select the slave again and then activate a workstation to add a workplace to the slave. There will be an entire slave industry in the mod. From scrap collection, over ore mines and smelters to logistic hubs where your slaves will transport items from one container to another for you. Each workstation that produces something will have to be linked to a container where it's output is taken from. So you'd be able to have a scrapyard that outputs all sorts of stuff into a container, then have a slave transport those goods to a different container which then feeds it via the vanilla conveyor hoppers into a machine that builds something for you. Or bring ore from a mine to a smelter and smelted bars to the actual workshop chest. You could obviously also bypass the slave transport by just hooking up a conveyor system directly to the output chest of a workplace. That should finally make slaves 'useful'.

Of course you can at any given time remove a slave from his workplace and make the slave one of your standard slaves again. This is system is running way better than the standard workshops (way more performance friendly) and the idea is that you can have specialized slave settlements, where all your settlers are busy making food and providing security. I'll be adding stuff like slave rebellions if security drops to low and that sort of thing in a later update.

How far along are we with this? Well, the basics are done, I'm going to write the script for workplaces now. Then I'm going to test a little and release the mod with a testing workplace, probably a scrapyard.

The only thing to keep in mind: be wary of where you place your slaver's safe. You do not want to remove that!! If you remove the slaver's save all other slave workshop objects get orphaned and you'll have to delete and replace those when you've put down the slaver's safe again. Slaves won't interact with the slaver's safe, so you can just build that in your personal bedroom or so, out of the way. Caps and other forms of direct revenue get magically put into the safe.

Bare with me, now that DD 2.0 is out for BETA, I'm going to double time it on the release of F4SS.

Edit: Oh and due to the way arrays work in F4SS, each settlement only supports 128 slaves. But you can have 128 slaves in each one of your settlement, making for thousands.

Changelog for Version 0.9:
Type: Major
ETA: Live and available.
Requires Clean Save: Yes.

Added: DeviousDevices integration. (100%)
Added: Bondage system with room to expand. Currently available: Hogtie, Strappado. (100%)
Added: Groundwork for NPC-NPC slavery, including taking over slaves when killing their owner. (100%)
Added: Script F4SSscrGenericSlaveInit used to initialize editor placed NPCs as slaves. (100%)
Added: Utility functions for uninstall, cleanup and updating the mod. (100%)
Added: Cloning functions for non-unique actors so that they respawn and cause less trouble. (100%)
Added: New buildable object "Slaver's Safe" as a starting point for more workshop features. (100%)
Added: Global fear mechanic, depending on how you treat your slaves. Impacts other slaves behavior and enemies chance to submit. (100%) 

Added: Slave deaths have impact on slave behavior depending on cause of death and slave misbehavior. (100%)

Added: New syringe ammo for the syringer: tazer ammo. Does exactly what you expect it does. (100%)

Added: Version of the Flamethrower trap added: 'Incinerator' used to incinerate dead bodies. (100%)

Added: Implementing slave workshop functionality. Slaves are useful now. (100%)

Added: Industrial Object: Slave Scrapyard. Slaves can work here to gather materials for you. (100%)

Changed: Massive script overhaul, performance increase and merging of scripts. (100%)
Changed: Utilizing RefCollectionAliases instead of ReferenceAliases, resulting in more dynamic processing and infinite active slaves. (100%)
Changed: Improved logging capabilities with selectable debugging state as to not spam the Papyrus logs unless you need debug about F4SS. (100%)
Changed: Minor touches on the AI stat development, AI stat initialization and relating changes (100%)
Changed: Escape system to utilize DeviousDevices and have more impact on slave behavior. (100%)
Changed: Revenue from Auction Poles gets put into the new safe. (100%)
Changed: Slave sleeping bag now draws 1 unit of food from the settlement it's placed in. (100%)

Changed: Pax syringe doesn't make the target vulnerable to slavery anymore. It still applies submission bonus. (100%)

Changed: Moved all the scripts into their own namespace... no more chaos in the script folders! (100%)

Bugfix: Fixing a bug in the surrender system that causes all actors to surrender immediately as they see the player. (100%)

Removed: Explosive/Shock/Injection collar mods - to be brought back at a later stage using DeviousDevices.

You absolutely have to make a clean save. This version is incompatible with any previous versions. Also, this version requires the new beta of Devious Devices 2.0! Any old version of Devious Devices will not work with this.

The surrender mechanic may give some trouble if you're using other mods that have similar features. Also I think stuff like Abduction or Just Business won't work too nicely.

But apart from that the mod is fairly compatible, since I wrote my own implementation of how I envision workshops for slaves.

Just give it a try, the only candidates for incompatibilities that come to mind (untested) are Violate by Vinfamy and Kidnapping by Vinfamy. Kidnapping should work, but your slaves may follow you and lead to awkward situations.

1. Make sure you have a clean safe before you install DD 2.0 and F4SS 0.9.

2. The F4SS category is a sub menu of Devious Devices slavery tab.

If you're positive that you have a clean save then at least attach your Papyrus log as stated in the troubleshooting section. How am I supposed to do anything about it if you don't provide the necessary information - and yes, if the menu doesn't show it's definitely a script problem. But as I said, chances are you either didn't update DeviousDevices to the new Beta or don't have a clean save. Thanks for reporting.

Uploaded Version 0.9b (Hotfix):

- when cleaning the .esp prior to uploading, it had removed the DD dependency.

- should work fine now - both restraint support as well as .. the workshop menu.

Please remember to give me your Papyrus logs if you encounter any issues. You can upload them to this thread as attachment or send them to me as PM. You don't need a clean save for this hotfix to work, provided you had a clean save for v0.9.

Edit: I'll hop onto discord and hang around there, if you run into any trouble or have questions about the mod (since it's quite the extensive update with loads of new stuff), don't hesitate to send me a PM or just message me on discord!