Paid mods and Bethesda announcement on the E3

sooo...hows CC doing now? I hear it has some "mixed" opinions from those playing Fallout 4...

also what do you guys think about this since it may (indirectly...I think) affect the way content is mad or not made in the CC:

Nice damage control. 

Second they start to recieve some serious backlash for their shady underhanded practices, "accidental" leak makes critics and fans alike wet their pants in a prospect of "casual cancer overload" that would be Bethesda GoT game and completely forget CC fiasco.... 

sooo...hows CC doing now? I hear it has some "mixed" opinions from those playing Fallout 4...

also what do you guys think about this since it may (indirectly...I think) affect the way content is mad or not made in the CC:

About the GoT game... FUCKS GIVEN = 0

Not a fan of either the HBO series or the books. And after i get my hands on Prey and Dishonored 2, I'm pretty much done with anything Bethesda related.

its fake target also listed Rockstar games: Game of thrones.

watch mattyplays video 

Aside from helpless shrieking, what shall we do to challenge Beth's new strategy to control the abundant fishing grounds in the Caribbean Mod Sea, hmm?

Heh...

Voting with the wallet doesn't work.

Ignoring this doesn't work.

Plus it seems like shills and peeps who lack self-control along with gullible people who drunk the beth kool-aid are apparently in abundance.

The options seem bleak. 

Lad/Lass

They pretty much corner the market in open-world RPG. 

When TES6 comes, pretty sure 90% of those saying they would boycott it will eventually buy it. Because what other open world fantasy RPG would they play?

Lack of competition is never good for the consumers

Here are some- 

The physics on that ass at about 9:00 are pretty good. So no need to create a whole new game after all.

I see a lot of survival games, multiplayer survival games, MMOs, and Elex, another "RPG" with no character customisation whatsoever.

Those aren't any kind of competition for TES6.

I've been making and playing mods for games since long before the publishers viewed modding as acceptable and often sent Cease & Desist threats to people hosting the mods. We don't need them if they decide to withhold the editing tools. Beth refused to release the editor for Fallout 4 until well after they got their DLC out and we modded Fallout 4 anyway. Then they attempted to disable those mods in their first patch and we circumvented that and kept modding it anyway. It's easier with the official editor, but we don't absolutely need it.

Now, as dumb as Bethesda often are, I don't think they'll ever turn their backs on modding. We make them a ton more money than they'd make without us stretching that long tail further and further out and they know it. They may well ruin the scene by accident though. Game modding became popular only because publishers weren't in the way trying to profit off everything and watering it down to maintain their ESRB ratings. They really need to back the F off and quit pissing off their golden geese before we find another highly moddable game franchise.

Now, as dumb as Bethesda often are, I don't think they'll ever turn their backs on modding. 

Of course they wont. No one said that they want to kill modding, they want to kill INDEPENDENT modding that makes them no money. 

Future Bethesda titles will be moddable only by the "approved curators", "trusted modders" or whatthefuckever the going to call modders that signed a pact with them and will be getting money for the privilige of modding their games and selling all rights to their mods to Bethesda, they will not be free to download ( at least not the best of them - i suspect some bullshit free-to-play model with cosmetics being free and real substantial mods locked behind some massive paywall or some pity monthly credits giveaway/wage/or something like that - which would give the shill a perfect excuse - Hey look guys, if you dont buy anything for ten years then you will get enough money to buy that 1.5 Gb weapon pack to Skyrim 2 ! You see, you can play that game and not shell out even a one real cent O! ) and gaming press will be all over them with praise for giving modders money and gracefully allowing them to mod and fix their games. 

And you can fucking quote me on that. 

That´s it!...send us an export tool for 3dsm, then we will see what´s going on...this way of working is quite "helpless and only slowly"...the first and important action (the key) to create game contence is the access and feedback to engineers, who can create developper´s software or send us export - tools.

Maybe there is still stuff for skyrim somewhere available....same for creation kit...and animation-integration...

IMO

They should spend their whole software stuff finally for some bucks and then we could do what we like...

Skyrim SE was not needed. What was the progress there?-Texture update?

The best they could do, is to merge all the game´s content onto one map under the skyrim engine, how so many gamers wanted to have, and they should not waste away too much time to try to stay on the market-instead better create something, that will be with "charism" again, ...and btw. I don´t like steam.

27X vid is showing things alright and pointing to the realitiy, the gaming developing-buiseness is of course very very very hard. For modders it is best, to keep their work for free and only base on the material, what is ingame: Changing, mixing, forming new textures from existing stuff and "warm them up slightly". Do simply "sexual-erotical stuff" that can´t be used this way to be sold inside a game (like in skyrim) for the majority of people. It´s hard enough, if LL-mods are used for strange online erotical games, that are created from developper´s, that nobody knows.

Now, as dumb as Bethesda often are, I don't think they'll ever turn their backs on modding. 

Of course they wont. No one said that they want to kill modding, they want to kill INDEPENDENT modding that makes them no money.

If they tried, there'd be 10 million new people flying the black flag, I'd be one of them and we would be on the highest moral ground anyone has ever stood on while we wave it.

Future Bethesda titles will be moddable only by the "approved curators", "trusted modders" or whatthefuckever the going to call modders that signed a pact with them and will be getting money for the privilige of modding their games and selling all rights to their mods to Bethesda, they will not be free to download ( at least not the best of them - i suspect some bullshit free-to-play model with cosmetics being free and real substantial mods locked behind some massive paywall or some pity monthly credits giveaway/wage/or something like that - which would give the shill a perfect excuse - Hey look guys, if you dont buy anything for ten years then you will get enough money to buy that 1.5 Gb weapon pack to Skyrim 2 ! You see, you can play that game and not shell out even a one real cent O! ) and gaming press will be all over them with praise for giving modders money and gracefully allowing them to mod and fix their games. 

And you can fucking quote me on that. 

I wouldnt condemn modders that want to make money, its only natural to take the chance to make money from something you love

doing, even as shortsighted as it is in believing that bethesda cares about them.

Only a very small percentage of them would make any decent money and even that wouldnt be enough to sustain them.

Another thing is, there is word around that anyone who actually got to work with bethesda had problems getting a job after leaving, because of what they learned from them was useless..basicaly Bethesda operates in a bubble, so anything they might learn wont probably get them a job outside that bubble, even if they believe it to be a stepstone into the gaming industry (though this is just what some people say, so if its true or not idk).

Though there is lots of evedince of that bubble, considering how pathetic and half-arsed their attempts always are.

About the money for the people making the things: if you do anything creative for a company, and agree to get a salary or flat fee for it, that's your own choice. You sign a contract, knowing what's in it. Most companies don't give you points on units sold for your contribution to it, that's just life.

At least a few of the modders that did sign up to do some contract work are pretty well known and I wonder if after they are done with the contract will they continue to make free mods? I doubt it. This will reinforce ppl's idea that they have betrayed the modding community. And the backlash they will undoubtedly encounter is not going to be pleasant for them- no matter how popular they were before. I personally do not blame them for trying it out, but I wonder if the money is really worth it in the long run. Might put them off modding all together. Beth/Zen really needed to pitch this a different way- like not trying to hide paid mods behind a thinly veiled lie for one and charging next to nothing for another considering most ppl have access to much better quality free mods. If they don't deliver something pretty good in the next month or so- I think this is doomed to failure. But that still will not be the end of it because they are fuckin hard headed. Maybe other dev studios are watching and will learn and one or two of them will develop AAA games with modders in mind. I do agree that Beth/Zen just need to leave the modding comm the fuck alone as they seem more interested in bleeding ppl for more money, but that is wishful thinking.

So I cant wait for people to start share the ESP's online...

because thats totally going to happen.

This already happen...

And the best part, you just have to put the esl on your data folder... nothing more.

But the paid mod are so terrible that i don't think they even deserve the click of the mouse.

Thanks for saying it like it is and you're right. Those mods are utter shit. People are so afraid to criticize and call out mod authors for the risk of offending them.

But when money is involved we become the consumer and therefore reserve the right to criticize both developer and publisher for the crap they just rolled out.

Can't wait to see what Elianora's stuff looks like that's rumored to be $15. Nothing of hers currently is worth $15. It really irks me when mod reviewers say shit like "B-b-but Elianora said the CC will improve and that's it's a good system!" People are riding her female dick too hard

This already happen...

And the best part, you just have to put the esl on your data folder... nothing more.

But the paid mod are so terrible that i don't think they even deserve the click of the mouse.

Thanks for saying it like it is and you're right. Those mods are utter shit. People are so afraid to criticize and call out mod authors for the risk of offending them.

But when money is involved we become the consumer and therefore reserve the right to criticize both developer and publisher for the crap they just rolled out.

Can't wait to see what Elianora's stuff looks like that's rumored to be $15. Nothing of hers currently is worth $15. It really irks me when mod reviewers say shit like "B-b-but Elianora said the CC will improve and that's it's a good system!" People are riding her female dick too hard

I really don't care if Eli gets pissed and pulls all her shit down. Racemenu and Looksmenu might be a little harder to do without. But that would only affect new modders probably. Could u imagine the uproar if they do decide to pull them down?

This already happen...

This might be sort of an unpopular opinion, but am I the only one who thinks Eli's stuff is awfully overrated?

This already happen...

This might be sort of an unpopular opinion, but am I the only one who thinks Eli's stuff is awfully overrated?
I don't mean to disrespect her (maybe a little) but I will admit she does have extensive knowledge of the creation kit but......that's it. So essentially, the mod she's working on (based on sneak peaks) is just a house mod that already uses assets from the game and rumored to cost 1500 credits. I mean when Bethesda chooses her over other more skilled modders with experience in 3ds max, blender, scripting, maya, what have you then you know something is wrong.

Her popularity stems from several things: she's female, interacts with fans, makes a bunch of house stuff since Skyrim, and of course mod reviewers like Juicehead and MxR who revere her as a modding God. Couple that with her whiny attitude whenever people complain about her mods (I understand the frustration but I just ignore haters and don't bitch) and how self-entitled she feels on sites like Reddit I guess some people may see her as overrated.

At least a few of the modders that did sign up to do some contract work are pretty well known and I wonder if after they are done with the contract will they continue to make free mods? I doubt it. This will reinforce ppl's idea that they have betrayed the modding community. And the backlash they will undoubtedly encounter is not going to be pleasant for them- no matter how popular they were before. I personally do not blame them for trying it out, but I wonder if the money is really worth it in the long run. Might put them off modding all together. Beth/Zen really needed to pitch this a different way- like not trying to hide paid mods behind a thinly veiled lie for one and charging next to nothing for another considering most ppl have access to much better quality free mods. If they don't deliver something pretty good in the next month or so- I think this is doomed to failure. But that still will not be the end of it because they are fuckin hard headed. Maybe other dev studios are watching and will learn and one or two of them will develop AAA games with modders in mind. I do agree that Beth/Zen just need to leave the modding comm the fuck alone as they seem more interested in bleeding ppl for more money, but that is wishful thinking.

If you seriously think people like Elianora or Arthmoor cared about the "community" at all to begin with, I got some sweet arizona beachfront you can take a second mortgage on.

If you can't even bother to hide your open contempt for the community at large and are unable to take ANY criticism without acting like a literal child, you aren't cut out for long term employment in the video game industry to begin with.

This is a hard business, and there are still far more failures than successes per year per output.

People like isoku that figure they were fucking both themselves and fans are the exception, not the rule.

This and what mass effect turned into and the witcher didn't is why insulation and adulation without honest critique will never work long term.

I don't mean to disrespect her (maybe a little) but I will admit she does have extensive knowledge of the creation kit but......that's it. 

She's good at interior world building in Creation Kit, a small part of Creation Kit's functionality, and has a good eye for detail. I doubt she knows much about anything else in the Creation Kit.

Which is exactly why she signed up for the CC. "Using Bethesda's Creation Kit to make house mods" isn't really translatable to anything else. I doubt Bethesda is paying them a fair rate (definitely not worth the community backlash anyway) - most modders who are actually professional programmers / 3D artists in real life (i.e. a lot of people on LoversLab) wouldn't accept such a shitty deal.

I am quite frankly underwhelmed by the failure of the Creation Club. I had expected it to fail harder than it has. This is why I'll just avoid the obvious rant about the unfairness of the Creation Club. It was already the end of paid modding when they were trying to make a deal with Valve. Bethesda made a stupid move by waiting for years to implement a paid modding system for a game that already exists. A game can only last so long and set rules in a game are hard to mod around in order to keep it fresh. Skyrim has endured sure but there are so many new games out there that many customers would rather pay for than adding yet more content to a game that already has plenty (Even without mods at all). I still can't believe there are still people who wanted this madness to succeed.

I don't mean to disrespect her (maybe a little) but I will admit she does have extensive knowledge of the creation kit but......that's it. 

She's good at interior world building in Creation Kit, a small part of Creation Kit's functionality, and has a good eye for detail. I doubt she knows much about anything else in the Creation Kit.

Which is exactly why she signed up for the CC. "Using Bethesda's Creation Kit to make house mods" isn't really translatable to anything else. I doubt Bethesda is paying them a fair rate (definitely not worth the community backlash anyway) - most modders who are actually professional programmers / 3D artists in real life (i.e. a lot of people on LoversLab) wouldn't accept such a shitty deal.

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/903008896582901761

Not sure you understand these creators are getting paid up front. Regardless of whether we sell a single one. Not just tips. They're happy -- Pete Hines 2017

Assuming they don't expect to sell ton of shit to console users, right? Because it's not like they designed the whole system to be aimed at console users, right? I mean, they wouldn't just force people to download unavailable content just to bypass the hard limit set for mods on the console platform, right?!

Archived