SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

Is this huh...dead? if not then i assume you're all waiting for f4se....god damn skyrim....a god damn game that has an original version with a script extender happens to have a remaster and just becuse of that gets script extender before f4 a completly new game?....ho well lolz guess life sucks

All covered in the pages before.

No, it's not dead, yes wehey are waiting on the F4SE to be FULLY functional (Which it isn't yet).

As an addition for anyone else coming along... it has been stated that yes, they are still working on it via planning and getting things ready, but are currently stalled until after work on SE SKSE is finished and they restart on F4SE.

And more importantly... It does not take much effort to go back and read the comments for the answers... seriously, most of these questions are asked 3-4 times and answered, on the same page. 

Is this huh...dead? if not then i assume you're all waiting for f4se....god damn skyrim....a god damn game that has an original version with a script extender happens to have a remaster and just becuse of that gets script extender before f4 a completly new game?....ho well lolz guess life sucks

All covered in the pages before.

No, it's not dead, yes wehey are waiting on the F4SE to be FULLY functional (Which it isn't yet).

As an addition for anyone else coming along... it has been stated that yes, they are still working on it via planning and getting things ready, but are currently stalled until after work on SE SKSE is finished and they restart on F4SE.

And more importantly... It does not take much effort to go back and read the comments for the answers... seriously, most of these questions are asked 3-4 times and answered, on the same page. 

Eh, I dunno.........71 pages is quite a bit to sift through.....

I'm hanging on because it seems clear that Fallout 4 isn't out of BETA yet (v1.9 was just recently released) and because it hasn't been finalized & optimized yet (CPU pegging 100% all the time except for cut scenes).

So I'm still very optimistic.

:)

Very sorry for the spammish comment, i wrote it with my mobile phone, an it was a bit laggy. And thats a good point, I will probably play the vanilla game first, or at least begin to play, but I can seperate which bug is vanilla game and mod. Bethesda has unique bugs

Wait so, I saw you guys were waiting for script extender, and sorry for my ignorance cause I'm really bad with this kinda stuff but, isn't that what f4se is?

yes, but it does not have the functions of skse yet, f4se is not in full release yet

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. That's kinda answered on the FAQ part of the Main Post on this thread, but even I missed that one at first. Maybe a different phrasing would stop people constantly asking. 

Like:

Q: "SexTec" ETA?
A: Can't provide an ETA at this time. To proceed beyond a certain point we will need: a fully working F4SE (the current version is missing key functions), a fully working CK, and the ability for Animators to create new Animations (that is not an easy task now). 

With the clarification edits in green.
Though that's just a random suggestion. 

I was just wondering, if it would be possible to build sextec in a third party program, and then call that program from fallout for the animations.  One reason I ask this if it could be done that way, like with garys mod then it could be portable for any game that could call the program from inside the game.

I was just wondering, if it would be possible to build sextec in a third party program, and then call that program from fallout for the animations.  One reason I ask this if it could be done that way, like with garys mod then it could be portable for any game that could call the program from inside the game.

It definitely is a problem in my view that new releases render mods obsolete and require re-inventing the wheel each time (making a new script extender for example). A lot of great mod work are projects that authors may not have the time or interest for multiple times.

That said, different games have significant technical differences. In most or all cases it would be more work trying to bridge those gaps from one system than it would be to simply re-make a mod in each games unique technical terms.

I think that a more realistic possibility would be game developers architecting a series (TES, Fallout, Witcher, etc.) with legacy mod support in mind.

I would love to see an approach where sequels were more like extensions of a games previous release. Essentially, like large DLCs but with engine re-writes that bring the old work with them. It would definitely create some over-head for the developers. But, it could be done with good planning. And it's not is if these companies don't make enough profit to cover some extra work.

Dynamic replacement of objects, ability to write and read structured files, dynamic aliasing, package overrides, mathematical operators, reliable disabling of collisions, scaleform interface (user interface), mod event management, ...

Just to say the very firsts that come to mind.

Dynamic replacement of objects, ability to write and read structured files, dynamic aliasing, package overrides, mathematical operators, reliable disabling of collisions, scaleform interface (user interface), mod event management, ...

Just to say the very firsts that come to mind.

*scratches head*

That's all stuff I can see needed/desired for advanced versions of the mod. But the basics are probably doable with the vanilla API, no? E.g. mod events are part of vanilla Papyrus now, and overriding packages from the scripting engine has always been wonky anyway and at least can be done on the CK side, maybe with a bit more effort. User interfaces - I have seen a mod on Nexus trying to implement that, but yes, it's new and unproven. But MCM will not happen for Fallout 4 anyway.

Not trying to interfere with how you guys build your mod, but it's very, VERY evident that F4SE is not really a priority to them. There has been almost zero progress in one and a half years now, despite the game executable has been reasonably stable for a while now. At this pace, Bethesda will have released Fallout 6 before F4SE is done. I decided not to wait for F4SE a while ago and personally I am very happy with the decision. At this point I am not sure if I will set a dependency on it even if it releases, in 10 or 20 years from now on.

There was a start for a "Mini" version. 6 Contributors joined. The group is still on Discord, but right now there is little passion with what we have today.

Some stuff is done, just too many items are missing.

Personally, without a working Mod Events system, I will not build a real framework.

The all the other stuff can be re-done in a better way when we will have F4SE support.

But keep in mind that most of the code is C++ code written as SKSE plugin today, without this? Very simplistic framework.

*scratches head*

That's all stuff I can see needed/desired for advanced versions of the mod. But the basics are probably doable with the vanilla API, no? E.g. mod events are part of vanilla Papyrus now, and overriding packages from the scripting engine has always been wonky anyway and at least can be done on the CK side, maybe with a bit more effort. User interfaces - I have seen a mod on Nexus trying to implement that, but yes, it's new and unproven. But MCM will not happen for Fallout 4 anyway.

Not trying to interfere with how you guys build your mod, but it's very, VERY evident that F4SE is not really a priority to them. There has been almost zero progress in one and a half years now, despite the game executable has been reasonably stable for a while now. At this pace, Bethesda will have released Fallout 6 before F4SE is done. I decided not to wait for F4SE a while ago and personally I am very happy with the decision. At this point I am not sure if I will set a dependency on it even if it releases, in 10 or 20 years from now on.

Yeah, I agree I miss the NVSE commands and NX_Extender etc. But I'm starting to think its time to just work with what we have and expand on it later like Sexout as the functions become available. Much stagnating is happening because we don't have a basic sex framework. And by the time it gets rolling waiting for the perfect F4SE, Skyrim2 or FO5 will be announced in early next year and everyone will drop the ball.

Patience is good but I can see months of tweaking the SKSESE when its released before they come back to F4SE, if they even have an interest in the genre at all.

Even a fade to black system would be better than nothing.

Unfortunately my CK/Papyrus ability is still in diapers, so I'm nowhere in the league of you guys to do much but beta test and bughunt I guess.

This is why I keep grumbling about Bethesda not giving us SKSE-like commands out of the box.

This kind of dependency chain is a killer with open source development. Nobody wants to spend double the time programming something that will take half or less the time later when some other tool comes out (that someone else has to do when some other tool comes out).

There might even be others able/willing to make the extensions we need. But, with the promise of the extenders being worked on, they wouldn't see a need to figure it out either.

Archived