Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

SexTec FO4 Animations

• Please log in to reply
1369 replies to this topic

DexesTTP

DexesTTP

NishaBestWaifu

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

<SNIP>

whoa whoa ok wait a sec, I'm new here, first time hearing about this sextec, so what I gather is that this framework will allow for "animations" and "in-between sub-animations" AND the ability to choose what animations play out during the sex.
I am SUPER intrigued at the possibilities of this mod and agree with DexesTTP and would like to see an official forum topic for this with everything planned  :)

Your description of the system is exactly what I was thinking. Except maybe with an expanded UI so that you have more than the 3-4 options the vanilla F4 dialogue gives. I think it would have possibilities in every "genre" of NSFW content modders have built in the past. But, it makes more of an interactive game out of the NSFW part. My beef with NSFW things in Skyrim is that the mods largely create gameplay outside of the actual NSFW events. It's less work and you get higher resolution to simply google for Source Filmmaker clips. It would be interesting if the actual NSFW events were more dynamic and were where a user could spend more time in the game.

Erm, not sure what you mean about the UI part. As a framework, SexTec shouldn't have any UI (except maybe a config UI like MCM, but you won't use it often in game)

Basically, SexTec is a mod framework.
What it does (or rather will do) :
- Give modders new script functions to launch and stop sex animations.
- Give modders new fonctions to handle sex-related statistics or values
- Maybe add console commands to launch animations

What it doesn't do (and will never do because it isn't a mod) :
- Launch a sex animation on its own (either you use a command, or another mod has to launch it)
- Add new dialog options with NPCs (another mod has to do it) [e.g. : Solutions, DCL, etc...]

So, SexTec is really useful as most adults mods here will rely on it.
BUT, as a player, you should nearly never deal with it directly (except for some config & issues). There will always be another mod between you and it.

CPU

CPU

Addicted modder and helper

• Moderators
  • 7,649 posts

Erm, not sure what you mean about the UI part. As a framework, SexTec shouldn't have any UI (except maybe a config UI like MCM, but you won't use it often in game)

- Launch a sex animation on its own (either you use a command, or another mod has to launch it)
- Add new dialog options with NPCs (another mod has to do it) [e.g. : Solutions, DCL, etc...]

BUT, as a player, you should nearly never deal with it directly (except for some config & issues). There will always be another mod between you and it.

100% true.

It will be a framework and only a framework.

pipdude

pipdude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

100% true.

It will be a framework and only a framework.

A framework can include a UI system.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with choosing to not have any UI system as part of Sextec. Someone could build a UI framework on top of the Sextec framework. I would just like Sextec to at least be designed with a branch style UI usage in mind rather than a pick-your-series-of-animations-to-play-up-front model.

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,649 posts

Of course, there's nothing wrong with choosing to not have any UI system as part of Sextec. Someone could build a UI framework on top of the Sextec framework. I would just like Sextec to at least be designed with a branch style UI usage in mind rather than a pick-your-series-of-animations-to-play-up-front model.

That is not my strategy.

It will limit the mods that can be built  over the framework.

Kernel39

Kernel39

I create pretty girls for Skyrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Are the original developers of sexlab for Skyrim going to make a sexlab framework for Fallout 4?

Right now, it's difficult to make any major mods to the game because there isn't any GECK.

Grine

Grine

Mega Poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Yes. Ashal said he would.

Halstrom

Halstrom

BellyBunKicker

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts
Haven't we seen this question before?

Sural Argonus

Sural Argonus

**SQUEE!!!**

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Yeah.  But it's not named Sexlab.  Working title I think at this time is something else.  It's in these very forums.  A little looking could have provided the answer.  :D

hornguy6

hornguy6

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Holy shit, I know this is Loverslab but for fuck's sake guys.

Ihrai

Ihrai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

You should probably start creating the animations you want now then :)

I have been doing textures most of the time for Skyrim, but would really love to get into animation and scripting scenes finally.

I have so far mainly worked with Carrara 8.5 as 3D software.

So what am I going to need to create animations for Fallout 4 Characters and are there good tuts for that to get started?

Hopefully something low budget exists since I doubt that Carrara 8.5 will be able to create animation-files/sequences that Fallout 4 can understand.

Forgive me my noob question, never have tried my hands on animations for any Beth game so far.

So no idea what is really involved and everyone seems to be doing it differently. Some used something called XNLara or so, others Cinema 4D and so on...

Ihrai

Idanis

Idanis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

I have been doing textures most of the time for Skyrim, but would really love to get into animation and scripting scenes finally.

So what am I going to need to create animations for Fallout 4 Characters and are there good tuts for that to get started?

Hopefully something low budget exists since I doubt that Carrara 8.5 will be able to create animation-files/sequences that Fallout 4 can understand.

Forgive me my noob question, never have tried my hands on animations for any Beth game so far.

So no idea what is really involved and everyone seems to be doing it differently. Some used something called XNLara or so, others Cinema 4D and so on...

Ihrai

I'm not an animator myself (wish to be someday!) but I know a lot of people use maya and 3ds max and you can get their software for free by signing up for their student program and when they ask what college you go to, you choose the option "home schooled" :D

also I'm hearing alot of people like blender, theirs tones of tuts scattered here, I think theres an official forum here somewhere

pipdude

pipdude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

That is not my strategy.

It will limit the mods that can be built  over the framework.

You are generous with your time to build this and offer to the community. If you have a different vision, I respect that and look forward to seeing how it turns out.

That said, I may not have explained my idea well. I don't see how it would be limiting. The same functionality as Sexlab would be there. It would just add some functions to accommodate "during scene" interactions and branching to make it less limiting.

To be more specific, it would add two features:

1. A "traverseToAnimation" function. This would require that the system keeps track of a tree relationship for the animations (even though it could still jump around on demand as Sexlab does). The traverseToAnimation function would determine the path from the currently playing animation/position to the one requested and play the animations in order along that path.

2. An "animateAndWait" function. This would simply stop the scene at a given animation point and loop indefinitely until a mod gives further instructions (to traverse to a different animation, end scene, etc.). This would give a mod the ability to introduce decision-making during the "performance".

It doesn't seem like these two features would take much or interfere with how anyone has used Sexlab. A nice-to-have would be the ability to call up a simple list menu to navigate the tree of animations. But, with the above two features, creating such a menu separately would be pretty simple.

Again, your call. My motivation is selfish in that I will have to build this functionality privately if someone else doesn't. :) I would just point out that 0Sex received a ton of support. I don't think that it was because it introduced cuddly animations. It was because it introduced more interaction with the scene. The demand is there. I just think it would be interesting to see what other modders do given that type of model. Even just in this thread, there are people chiming in to say that they like the idea.

Ihrai

There are some pretty good tutorials for using 3dsMax here: http://www.loverslab...0s-content-wip/

You can get 3dsMax free as a student.

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,649 posts

That said, I may not have explained my idea well. I don't see how it would be limiting. The same functionality as Sexlab would be there. It would just add some functions to accommodate "during scene" interactions and branching to make it less limiting.

To be more specific, it would add two features:

1. A "traverseToAnimation" function. This would require that the system keeps track of a tree relationship for the animations (even though it could still jump around on demand as Sexlab does). The traverseToAnimation function would determine the path from the currently playing animation/position to the one requested and play the animations in order along that path.

2. An "animateAndWait" function. This would simply stop the scene at a given animation point and loop indefinitely until a mod gives further instructions (to traverse to a different animation, end scene, etc.). This would give a mod the ability to introduce decision-making during the "performance".

It doesn't seem like these two features would take much or interfere with how anyone has used Sexlab. A nice-to-have would be the ability to call up a simple list menu to navigate the tree of animations. But, with the above two features, creating such a menu separately would be pretty simple.

Again, your call. My motivation is selfish in that I will have to build this functionality privately if someone else doesn't. :) I would just point out that 0Sex received a ton of support. I don't think that it was because it introduced cuddly animations. It was because it introduced more interaction with the scene. The demand is there. I just think it would be interesting to see what other modders do given that type of model. Even just in this thread, there are people chiming in to say that they like the idea.

The new stages system I am defining will have a set of ways to go from one stage to another.

A stage can also be set as "cyclic", so it will not end alone before a timeout (that has to be there or the Performance will run forever.)

And the event system, and the Animation Play plugin's APIs for the framework (all will be made as plugins) will enable to control the stages (force a next stage, be aware of a transition, etc.)

"AnimateAndWait" is just bad. No active waiting.

Just register for an "end event" (or any other event) and then end your code and the new code will be started when the event will happen.

0Sex is NOT a framework. Is a mod with APIs.

Not my approach.

pipdude

pipdude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

The new stages system I am defining will have a set of ways to go from one stage to another.

A stage can also be set as "cyclic", so it will not end alone before a timeout (that has to be there or the Performance will run forever.)

And the event system, and the Animation Play plugin's APIs for the framework (all will be made as plugins) will enable to control the stages (force a next stage, be aware of a transition, etc.)

"AnimateAndWait" is just bad. No active waiting.

Just register for an "end event" (or any other event) and then end your code and the new code will be started when the event will happen.

0Sex is NOT a framework. Is a mod with APIs.

Not my approach.

Using events is what I was thinking technically for animateAndWait. I was trying to be clear about the concept rather than get into the best way to set it up in code.

If the API allows forcing to next stages, why must there be a timeout? It would be on the modder to make sure that some trigger can be met to prevent a performance going forever.

0Sex isn't a framework. However, it demonstrates a game concept that is in demand and could be accommodated for in a new framework so that new modders could have more interaction during NSFW scenes.

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,649 posts

If the API allows forcing to next stages, why must there be a timeout? It would be on the modder to make sure that some trigger can be met to prevent a performance going forever.

Consider that:

Stage0 (bending down, 2 secs) -> (Stage1A, Stage1B)

Stage1A (spreading legs, kneeling, 1 sec) -> (Stage2A)

Stage1B (turning doggystyle, kneeling, 2 secs) -> (Stage2B)

Stage2A (pumping missionary, cyclic) -> Stage3A

Stage2B (pumping doggystyle, cyclic) -> Stage3B

Stage3A (orgasm missionary, 5 secs)

Stage3A (orgasm doggystyle, 5 secs)

The stages 2A and 2B are cyclic. They will run until there is an event to move (a condition will become true. Enough enjoyment for the orgasm? Mod event? Whatever you like.)
But if this "event" does not come after a "timeout", then the animation has to end or ti will just consume resources (hey the two settlers are still doing it, but I already joined the Brotherood, then I placed all the MILAs, etc. they are still doing it, just because I forgot to stop it.)

So a "timeout" is mandatory. It can be long, like 5 minutes, but has to be there.

And please stop about 0Sex. This framework will be similar to SexLab (with huge improvement of course), not at all close to 0Sex. If you wish a framework like this one, ask its author to develop one.

marv4791

marv4791

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

I know nothing about animation but it would be cool if we could get more MMF animations for the Sexlab version of Fallout 4. Of course, ANY sex at this point would be a gift from heaven but I know we have to wait for CK. I await the magicians to work their magic eagerly.

I agree with OP that 0SEKSY is great looking but I would rather have automated sex scenes than manual ones.

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,649 posts

I know nothing about animation but it would be cool if we could get more MMF animations for the Sexlab version of Fallout 4. Of course, ANY sex at this point would be a gift from heaven but I know we have to wait for CK. I await the magicians to work their magic eagerly.

The main problem now is to understand how to update the "behaviors" (these are holding the list of anim files that are associated to each skeleton.)

We may need some sort of "FNIS" for FO4.

Then, which animation will be done (MF, FM, FF, MM, MMF, MMMMF, FMFMMFFMMF, ...) will be just limited by the fantasy of the animators.

Idanis

Idanis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

The main problem now is to understand how to update the "behaviors" (these are holding the list of anim files that are associated to each skeleton.)

We may need some sort of "FNIS" for FO4.

Then, which animation will be done (MF, FM, FF, MM, MMF, MMMMF, FMFMMFFMMF, ...) will be just limited by the fantasy of the animators.

A scary thought considering the creator of FNIS has no intentions of creating another one this time around for FO4, wonder if someone has taken up the mantle yet. I'm still hoping that the GECK will include a way to add new animations since FNIS is a 3rd party program and consoles can't run such a thing so they'll add a easier way to get them on consoles.

DexesTTP

DexesTTP

NishaBestWaifu

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

A scary thought considering the creator of FNIS has no intentions of creating another one this time around for FO4, wonder if someone has taken up the mantle yet. I'm still hoping that the GECK will include a way to add new animations since FNIS is a 3rd party program and consoles can't run such a thing so they'll add a easier way to get them on consoles.

Fores not working on a FNIF equivalent isn't the worst part of this.

Basically, FNIS was created on top of hkxcmd (GitHub), which itself uses Havok as a library (Havok is a company who created the animation systems used in Skyrim & Fallout 4). I think The Havok library was the one reading the "hkv" files (I'm not sure, reading the source code RN).

The real scary thought is that there's no available Havok SDK for the Fallout 4 animator version. We just can't read them w/o understanding the file format first.

Even more scary, even if we would have the right to do that (i'm not sure of the legality of cracking a proprietary file format), we have no basis. The Havok library was closed-source and just "worked" w/o us knowing how. It might take as long as the creation of the first ever xEdit.

So, as huge and useful the work of Fores and The Hologram was, it might just be much, much harder this time.

Let's hope the GECK will have a animation conversion tool shipped with it.

edit : I checked and the file conversion is part of the Havok SDK.

pipdude

pipdude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

The stages 2A and 2B are cyclic. They will run until there is an event to move (a condition will become true. Enough enjoyment for the orgasm? Mod event? Whatever you like.)
But if this "event" does not come after a "timeout", then the animation has to end or ti will just consume resources (hey the two settlers are still doing it, but I already joined the Brotherood, then I placed all the MILAs, etc. they are still doing it, just because I forgot to stop it.)

And please stop about 0Sex. This framework will be similar to SexLab (with huge improvement of course), not at all close to 0Sex. If you wish a framework like this one, ask its author to develop one.

I see the endless sex problem for NPC-NPC scenes. I was thinking more about scenes involving the player when it wouldn't make sense to move on with the game until the scene is finished in some way.

From what I've read, it doesn't sound like the 0Sex author is up to doing a framework version. It's all good. If I can find the time I will just build a version of it.

I agree with OP that 0SEKSY is great looking but I would rather have automated sex scenes than manual ones.

The way I was envisioning it, you would still have automated scenes. Definitely between NPCs and then up to mod authors to initiate automated or interactive player scenes. So, best of both worlds, imo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SexTec, FO4, Animations