SexTec (SexLab, SexOut, etc.) - Container thread

The idea is that now "Stages" have conditioned links between them, and have a specific "position" attached to them (more or less a tag),

Will you maintain an list of tags which animators can send submissions for?

A high visibility authorative but extendable list would seem to me to be more likely to inspire animations which can be mixed and match.

One of the ideas is that now tags have categories.

So you have the "Position" tags, the "Where the cum goes" tags, the "Authors" tags, etc.

And tags will be moved to stages, not to the whole Performance (that is the new name of the "animation".)

So "designers" may be able to mix and match stages.

You should probably start creating the animations you want now then :)

Are we sure that animations created with Skyrim will be compatible with Fallout 4 ? I'm not so sure ...

There are similarities but they are not exactly the same.

Pretty off topic, but where can I keep up with SexTec development?

Googling and searching this forum hasnt helped me find any thread specifically for SexTec by the SexTec team.

Probably because the SexTec team doesn't fully exist yet and if it did you aren't in it :)

Pretty off topic, but where can I keep up with SexTec development?

Googling and searching this forum hasnt helped me find any thread specifically for SexTec by the SexTec team.

Probably because the SexTec team doesn't fully exist yet and if it did you aren't in it :)

Actually, I'd love - when a SexTec team emerges - for them to have a development version (i.e. using the LoversLab git repo) and a dedicated 'dev' forum topic, even if it's to give weekly/monthly 'official' dev updates.

It's always really nice to be able to see the progress of the team and/or to let externals contribute from time to time. It also makes it easier for new people to join the team.

One of the ideas is that now tags have categories.

So you have the "Position" tags, the "Where the cum goes" tags, the "Authors" tags, etc.

And tags will be moved to stages, not to the whole Performance (that is the new name of the "animation".)

So "designers" may be able to mix and match stages.

Doesn't answer my question.

If the definition of skeleton poses and tags is left completely up in the air there will eventually arise an informal standard and pose list, but wouldn't it be nice to just start a centralised repository immediately and head off tag collisions and unnecessary creation of many slightly different start/stop poses? (We'll get that any way of course, but at least it will be willfull artist obstinance and not just lack of visibility of existing poses/tags).

Hello.

First point: SexTec is (will be) modular.

Second point: it is just a framework, so no "interactions" are handled by it. The "interactions" are handled by the mods using the framework.

Third point: the "animation module" will not be limited to linear-static animations. (List of sequential stages) but will enable a graph navigation of small stages to improve the variety of the sex scenes.

Personal consideration: 0Sex is a mod, not a framework itself. And it is hard to use it to build other sex mods. Its animations are good, but a pain to expand. (Only the original author is able to do it.)

when will the framework be released?

Hello.

Second point: it is just a framework, so no "interactions" are handled by it. The "interactions" are handled by the mods using the framework.

Third point: the "animation module" will not be limited to linear-static animations. (List of sequential stages) but will enable a graph navigation of small stages to improve the variety of the sex scenes.

Personal consideration: 0Sex is a mod, not a framework itself. And it is hard to use it to build other sex mods. Its animations are good, but a pain to expand. (Only the original author is able to do it.)

After it will be developed.

Do not expect it soon.

whoa whoa ok wait a sec, I'm new here, first time hearing about this sextec, so what I gather is that this framework will allow for "animations" and "in-between sub-animations" AND the ability to choose what animations play out during the sex.

here's an example I conjured up with dogmeat and a female character after reading the posts. In skyrim, there were arousal mods that let the NPCs start sex without the players consent, example would be if a dog was aroused enough, he'd mount you and you'd just let the animation play out, but with this, you'd be able to choose what direction the scene goes if it has the animations. so it would go something like this

ok, whats in the spoiler is perhaps a little to complicated so heres a summery of what I'm trying to say, read my crazy 2 am thought pattern at your own peril

your walking down the road and dogmeat is aroused and stops you, (sub-animation)dog meat sticks his nose up your rear and starts licking you through your clothing- lets say theirs 3 animations on how to proceed
a) (your not aroused enough for sex) push his face away, this isn't the time or place for that (animation plays of you pushing him off and patting him on the head and you continue adventuring

B) (your not aroused enough for sex) ignore him but don't stop him, you continue on with your adventure but dog meat becomes more persistent sticking his nose in your rear every chance he gets, thus arousing you more and more. (not sure how fluid the animation transitions are gonna be, but if it could some how be made that where when the dog is aroused he occasionally sticks his nose up your butt to let you know hes aroused with out stopping the actual game to do the animation, that would be amazing, would be cool for male followers too to occasionally grope you while wondering around)the reason I think this is possible is since I ever first saw your spouse running with the baby, or a npc walking around holding a cigarette almost as if the top half and bottom half of the bodies are handled separately

c) (your also aroused) and you encourage his behavior and want him to continue, the animation plays, you turn around, scratch his head and stick your ass out giving him more access to your nether regions and shake your hips side to side to tease him

lets say we choose C) and the animation plays out, then you have your next choice of what to do

a) take off clothes
B) rip clothes
c) take clothes off half way

then your choices would be
a) get down on all fours
B) lay down on back
c) give oral

lets say we choose A and there is 6 animations with the tag "on all fours" the framework recognizes the "on all fours" then plays a sub-animation of the character getting on all fours and the dog mounting her, this ends the sub animation and then the framework chooses one of the 6 animations correct? and if so can their be multiple variants of the sub animation for the dog mounting the character, ex would be instead of the woman getting down on all fours, the dog tackles her and forces her down.

with this framework you should be able to do something like this

dog is aroused and wants to have sex, he lets you know by sticking his nose up your rear, you have 3 options

a) push him away

B) ignore him but don't stop him

c) encourage and stick ass out and shake it side to side

chose c) animation plays out and sex continues you have choices again

a) take clothes off

B) take clothes half way off (would require special model of equipped clothing)

c) continue to tease dog (this would lead to him being more aggressive and tearing your clothes to get at you (again, special model or clothing)

next choices would access the tags set for the stored animations such as

a) get down on all fours 

B) lay on back

c) blow dog

d) continue to tease

chose a) and sub-animation plays where character gets down on all fours and the dog mounts her immediately, then the framework chooses a "all fours" animation tag at random (is it possible to have multiple sub-animations for the transitions of certain poses? example of the "all fours" tag where the sub animation could have the dog actually knocking the character over and then mounting her, or have the character get on all fours, wiggle her ass and slap it, and then the dog mounts)

ex

3 sub animations for "get down on all fours" and 8 actual animations for "get down on all fours"

2 sub animations for "lay down on back" and 5 actual animations for "lay down on back"

hope that makes sense

I understand that the scenarios I described will not be in the framework itself but this is what's possible for a modder to do using your framework correct?

please let me know if your having trouble understanding anything I typed, I did this at 3 am and usually rant around this time,

I am SUPER intrigued at the possibilities of this mod and agree with DexesTTP and would like to see an official forum topic for this with everything planned :)

Hello.

After it will be developed.

Do not expect it soon.

just checking for updates  :)  :D

No updates.

I am working hard to finish a mod for Skyrim, and helping two other modders to improve/create 2 other mods (Skyrim.)

My proof of concept is sleeping right now, and we are waiting to have a better understanding of some items that right now are not clear.

The day that the development will begin for real, there will be an announcement, and probably a GIT repository for it.

Do not expect anything - anything - before next year.

You should probably start creating the animations you want now then  :)

Indeed. That's what got me thinking about this. If I'm going to invest time in building animations I'd like to see, ideally they could work with Sextec and be integrated into the ecosystem of mods that others put together. But, an interactive "branch" feature similar to 0Sex (but with an easier UI) is needed for the animations/gameplay I had in mind.

Other modules may be added later. But it is too early. (Arousal, Pregnancy, Centralized Nodes Scaling...)

Not sure if this would be a Sextec feature or Schlongs of Fallout. But, assuming that we end up with similar skeleton/animation arrangements in F4, what do you think about adding support for custom schlong animations? It seemed to be a limitation for many types of animations that the schlong had to remain in one position/angle throughout an animation. 0Sex kind of works around this with some mid animation adjustments. But, that method is still pretty limited in what it can do and is tedious to apply.

@pipdude: With 0SEX the author, CEO, maintains control over all the animations and which of them need transitions. You'll note that there aren't transitions between every animation, only between selected ones within sequences... I do wish that CEO had included hooks for things like SexLab Aroused, but in terms of the animation fluidity I don't see how you can enforce things like transitions when you have multiple contributors.

I think the best we can do is encourage animators to create some (not even all) transitions between their own animations for modders to draw on if they want. We certainly can't insist they create transitions with the work of others... Maybe it would be possible to standardise some Start and End keyframes, but you don't want to police those too heavily either because that's more likely to stifle creativity when animators want to do something outside the box.

It seems like new contributors could branch off of other animations. For example, you have a standard doggy style branch including transitions for getting into position, starting, stopping, etc. Another contributor could pick one of the animations in that branch to use as a base and build their animations off of that position to add new "moves". Sextec, or a complimentary mod could be designed to know how to traverse around a tree of animation branches that could really be added to by anyone.

I don't think it would be limiting because contributors wouldn't necessarily have to extend any existing branch. They could start a completely new one. Instead of doggystyle+ they could add an entirely new "standing" pack of animations with the necessary basic transitions. Then others could make standing+ etc.

Think about: my actor is in the lay back positions, which set of animations can I play? And then you can play all anims that are compatible with this position. This may add a huge amount of variety to anims, and will also make the animation creation more easy because the sub-anims will be really short in time (a few seconds.) And for the perfectionist you can still use a long playing animation if you really want.

Exactly. Also, if someone wants to go from doggystyle to some standing action, the system could traverse through a tree of animations to make a natural "performance" rather than just cutting directly from the doggystyle animation to standing.

This may be too ambitious but there could even be multiple transition paths between some base animations. For example, one transition animation for going from missionary to standing and another for going from doggystyle to standing. A system could use one or the other path depending on how many steps it needs to traverse the animation tree to the new position.

whoa whoa ok wait a sec, I'm new here, first time hearing about this sextec, so what I gather is that this framework will allow for "animations" and "in-between sub-animations" AND the ability to choose what animations play out during the sex.

I am SUPER intrigued at the possibilities of this mod and agree with DexesTTP and would like to see an official forum topic for this with everything planned  :)

Your description of the system is exactly what I was thinking. Except maybe with an expanded UI so that you have more than the 3-4 options the vanilla F4 dialogue gives. I think it would have possibilities in every "genre" of NSFW content modders have built in the past. But, it makes more of an interactive game out of the NSFW part. My beef with NSFW things in Skyrim is that the mods largely create gameplay outside of the actual NSFW events. It's less work and you get higher resolution to simply google for Source Filmmaker clips. It would be interesting if the actual NSFW events were more dynamic and were where a user could spend more time in the game.

<SNIP>

I am SUPER intrigued at the possibilities of this mod and agree with DexesTTP and would like to see an official forum topic for this with everything planned  :)

Your description of the system is exactly what I was thinking. Except maybe with an expanded UI so that you have more than the 3-4 options the vanilla F4 dialogue gives. I think it would have possibilities in every "genre" of NSFW content modders have built in the past. But, it makes more of an interactive game out of the NSFW part. My beef with NSFW things in Skyrim is that the mods largely create gameplay outside of the actual NSFW events. It's less work and you get higher resolution to simply google for Source Filmmaker clips. It would be interesting if the actual NSFW events were more dynamic and were where a user could spend more time in the game.

Erm, not sure what you mean about the UI part. As a framework, SexTec shouldn't have any UI (except maybe a config UI like MCM, but you won't use it often in game)

Basically, SexTec is a mod framework.

What it does (or rather will do) :

- Give modders new script functions to launch and stop sex animations.

- Give modders new fonctions to handle sex-related statistics or values

- Maybe add console commands to launch animations

What it doesn't do (and will never do because it isn't a mod) :

- Launch a sex animation on its own (either you use a command, or another mod has to launch it)

- Add new dialog options with NPCs (another mod has to do it) [e.g. : Solutions, DCL, etc...]

So, SexTec is really useful as most adults mods here will rely on it.

BUT, as a player, you should nearly never deal with it directly (except for some config & issues). There will always be another mod between you and it.

Erm, not sure what you mean about the UI part. As a framework, SexTec shouldn't have any UI (except maybe a config UI like MCM, but you won't use it often in game)

- Launch a sex animation on its own (either you use a command, or another mod has to launch it)

- Add new dialog options with NPCs (another mod has to do it) [e.g. : Solutions, DCL, etc...]

BUT, as a player, you should nearly never deal with it directly (except for some config & issues). There will always be another mod between you and it.

100% true.

It will be a framework and only a framework.

100% true.

It will be a framework and only a framework.

A framework can include a UI system.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with choosing to not have any UI system as part of Sextec. Someone could build a UI framework on top of the Sextec framework. I would just like Sextec to at least be designed with a branch style UI usage in mind rather than a pick-your-series-of-animations-to-play-up-front model.

A framework can include a UI system.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with choosing to not have any UI system as part of Sextec. Someone could build a UI framework on top of the Sextec framework. I would just like Sextec to at least be designed with a branch style UI usage in mind rather than a pick-your-series-of-animations-to-play-up-front model.

That is not my strategy.

It will limit the mods that can be built  over the framework.

You should probably start creating the animations you want now then :)

I have been doing textures most of the time for Skyrim, but would really love to get into animation and scripting scenes finally.

I have so far mainly worked with Carrara 8.5 as 3D software.

So what am I going to need to create animations for Fallout 4 Characters and are there good tuts for that to get started?

Hopefully something low budget exists since I doubt that Carrara 8.5 will be able to create animation-files/sequences that Fallout 4 can understand.

Forgive me my noob question, never have tried my hands on animations for any Beth game so far.

So no idea what is really involved and everyone seems to be doing it differently. Some used something called XNLara or so, others Cinema 4D and so on...

Ihrai

Archived