On the amount of animations skyrim can safely load.

haa, my fnis is out of animation slots before sexlab... back to the days of chosing...

and thx for animation!

If you're interested in switching, you can switch to MO to circumvent that problem. Using MO you can break the hard limit, but are still subject to the soft limit. Put simply, You can have more animations without getting the fnis error, but at a certain point, your game will ctd everytime you load a save(for me, it's about 8000 animations, not sure if for others it's less or more). And it's all about whether the animations are being called on. I can leave sexlab installed for example, but keep the mod deactivated in-game, but if I activate it and save the game, I won't be able to load that save, because it has to many animations loaded for my computer to handle. Similarly if I am able to load a save with sexlab installed, I just have to not register all of my slal/nsap animations in sexlab. For me, if I enable all of funny's animations, I can't load that save. So I only enable the ones I like, and leave the other ones unregistered. This means I can use multiple large animations packs(funny, nibble, anub, MNC, nsap, lieto) without having issues, by enabling only the ones I like.

you have CDs probably because  you activate/deactivate sexlab and mess up you save. I already have my on pack with all animation. just gone remove mediocre animation to second pack and wait until fnis raise limit again (its not the first time)  BTW fnis limit 6000 and default sexlab come with 1400.

No, I never deactivate the esp. or uninstall the mod. On a new game, I wait for all my MCMs to load then save and load that save. Now if I have to all my animations enable in slal when I install sexlab in-game(through the mcm), then if I save with too many animations, I won't be able to load that save. But if I don't enable all the slal animations, then I install sexlab in-game(through the mcm) and save, then I can load that save. So what I am saying is that the hard limit(the amount of animations fnis will give you the error) can be bipassed, but at a certain point, the game will continuely ctd when you try to load a save where it is calling on too many animations. So I can install all my SL animations and run fnis(I have about 7500 hkx files) it won't give me the error, but if I activate them all in-game, I get consistent save file corruption from too many animations being called on. I have tested this extensively, and it has nothing to do with slal, as It also happens when I have too many animations from other mods, and then activate creature animations in-game(through the mcm), becuase I also use MNC which add about 100 more SL animations. The issue also arises when I activate sexlab, then activate all my slal animations, then re-register my animation list. I even have confirmation from fore that MO can be used too bypass the hard limit, but having too many animation will infact cause consistent ctds.

wow, I think I found a solution to this problem

Just go to folder of zaz animations Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\ZaZAnimationPack

and delete this .txt file - FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_List.txt

After this just run FNIS one more time

I do not know, it always works or not, but it helped me

Yes you fixed it. But probably not the way you intended.

By removing FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_List.txt you simply deactivated ZazAnimationPack. Does this solve the problem for you?    :D

What happens here is that you hit a limit. Like the error says: TOO MANY ANIMATIONS. Not a fix number, but far beyond 6000 custom animations. Do you think this is healthy? Don't you regularly get load CTD with that many animations?

Simply remove some animations mods you don't need all the time. Do you regularly need all of Halo's poses? I can't believe.

I certainly could simply increase this number, but I will not do this. Because it means that either users will little memory will suffer even more from long FNIS generation times. Or I would have to spend MANY hours to implement memory optimizations which I really don't want. I rather spend my time on new functionality.    :shy:

So my point is that, if you are willing to put in the effort, it is possible to use all of your favorite slal animation packs, but it will take careful planning. So the hard fnis limit might be 6000, but from my experience, the soft game limit is slightly higher. That being said, I am actually doing more testing on this subject so I started this thread.

It sounds a lot like you are exceeding string counts which cant go over 65,500 and some, if they do the counter reverts to zero and all recorded data for the save is corrupted by being renumbered and that save cannot start. Animations add strings but so do many(almost all) mods. There is a thread on the topic here at LL where it was discovered. In the tech section.

It sounds a lot like you are exceeding string counts which cant go over 65,500 and some, if they do the counter reverts to zero and all recorded data for the save is corrupted by being renumbered and that save cannot start. Animations add strings but so do many(almost all) mods. There is a thread on the topic here at LL where it was discovered. In the tech section.

This could be possible, I will look into this, I just know that there are many issues I have with animations, when I use too many animations. And I never have any problems in fnis itself, just in-game after registering ALL my slal animations. If I only activate SOME, then I have none of the issue related to animations.

How sexlab and slal operate have nothing to do do with fnis limit. You cant go over 6000 in fnis you simply get error in fnis window. you say 7500 but do all of them get a fnis reading? Definitely not.

Yes, I frequently mix and match animations together, and I haven't noticed any of my animations being missed from the FNIS log, not to mention If I use file explorer it says I have about 8000, and when I account for the mods I have deactivated in MO it comes to about 7-7500. When I run FNIS I get a number that is about equal to that. However the other person did mention an issue I previously knew nothing about which could mean that it is not caused entirely by animations, but me using so many animations could be a part of it.

edit: Yeah, definately the string table thing, never would have thought that was an issue? I frequently see things in my pap log that mention high(in the at least 32k+ range def. somtimes higher) string count, but just figured it wasn't something to bother looking at, as it appears frequently often when I am not experiencing any stabilty issues. But yeah, by disabling nsap and all my slal packs, fnis reads about 4-4500 animations, so that's about at least 3000(very estimated number) strings for sl right there. I know from testing that I can run my entire load order(not including SOT) and register about an extra 50 or so animations from slal before the save becomes corrupted. So although not being caused by FNIS the issue only arose for me when I started using way too many sl animations. Thanks for the support and discus.

Archived