Multiple marriages with custom followers?

learnedcock

I have a bunch of followers that I'd like to marry, including ones that have unique weddings/options (Vilja, Anna NPCs, Lylvieve Sisters, Sofia). I have AFT and MHIYH installed, so getting them to live where I want isn't an issue. I don't care about the whole market stall thing, but I really want to do their individual weddings and dialogue. What is the best way to go about doing this?

I've done a bit of testing with some of the multiple marriage mods on Nexus, but they seem to make things unstable. My wives lose dialogue, start glitching out, or I CTD. I was wondering if anyone has some insight into doing something simpler. Can I just reset the marriage quest via the console and marry again? I've seen people talking about doing this to force a divorce, but I don't want to divorce. Or could I force divorce, marry again, and then re-add my earlier spouses to the marriage faction? Can the game handle multiple members of that faction without ruining my saves?

Thanks!

Vilja may have a unique quest line for marriage but the wedding itself still a valid vanilla marriage as far as the game is concerned, Sofia on the other hand doesn't use the vanilla marriage quest or wedding and afaik the game doesn't regard her as a spouse if you marry her, (it didn't recognise the marriage when I married her) that should allow you to marry someone else as well afterwards.

As far as the others you mention I'm not sure, I do know that other custom followers, Mirai for example have a custom wedding quest system, Mirai even has a custom wedding in Dragonbridge which may or not be recognised by the vanilla system, as when I played a game where I married her, Vilja recognised the fact I'd married Mirai but Spouses Enhanced didn't recognise the marriage and I presume Spouses Enhanced checks the game flags to see who your spouse is.

The only way I can  think of testing particular custom followers would be to make a backup save to fall back on and marry the follower of your choice, then see if you can marry again to another, if you can it means the game didn't set the married flag on your character, you should then be able to repeat the process with another custom follower, making sure to create another backup save first of course.

As far as I know, if you divorce someone you're not usually able to marry them again and they become unfriendly to you as well.

If you'll be satisfied with the marriage dialogue from a follower, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2182-sexlab-eager-npcs/ has the option to enable spouse dialogue from anyone who you've raised to rank 4 via SLEN, it even enables the market stall thing as well as the home cooked meal, be warned, it's annoying enough to have one wife constantly offering meals to you, imagine having all your followers trying to stuff you full of food............

EDIT

I notice you have MHIYH installed, be warned using it on custom followers can break their AI, Vilja in particular is badly affected by it, there is a custom made low AI impact alternative available (limited to only 10 followers) on the Vilja's creator's website, I can't link to the file as  it's in a members only section of the site the WIP section so you'd need to become a member if you want to download it. http://emmates.proboards.com/

Archived