Abandoned Temple - Player Home + goodies

ABANDONED TEMPLE

A recently abandoned temple with a complex dwemer machine lies in the Nibenay Basin (Cyrodiil) and it's ready to be claimed. A mystical Varla Stone will bring you there.

The house has everything you need: bookshelves, bathhouse, cooking stand, oven, storage, dragon claws, elder scrolls and masks display, alchemy table, black books placers. The mod offers 10+ plants and ingredients from Oblivion (found around and inside the house). Inside the temple you'll also find a dwemer teleporter that lets you travel to a secret and small location in Grahtwood (Valenwood) where a merchant is always willing to sell rare alchemical ingredients.
Everything is custom: from assets to music, as soon as you use the teleporter you'll find yourself in a completely new place.

SCREENSHOTS

74903-1-1460313508.png74903-2-1460313507.png74903-0-1460313508.png74903-7-1460313505.png74903-14-1460313503.png

WHERE TO FIND IT

LINK: http://www.moddb.com/mods/abandoned-temple

Look for a grove called "Ancient grove" near Ivarstead. There's a cave there.

REQUIREMENTS

All DLCs. This mod was made with Tamriel Reloaded and ELFX: they're not mandatory requirements but suggested ones.

PLANS FOR THE FUTURE

Add two more teleports to Hammerfell (or Stros M'kai) and High Rock. The new merchants will sell rare weapons, armors and spells. Maybe Valenwood will be removed: we'll see if people like the location or not.
I'm accepting suggestions and such.

I enjoy this quite a bit.  A lot of places made of entirely new assets tend to clash with the look of the rest of Skyrim, but this feels like a natural extension of the game world.  The Oblivion music is a nice touch.  I very much like the Valenwood location, too, so I vote you keep it.

As for suggestions, I'd like to see the worldspaces expanded slightly, mostly for scenic/screenshooting purposes.  A little more open space in Nibenay would be awesome, and another little trail in Grahtwood that leads to a small pool or something would be fantastic.

I'd love to see transports to Hammerfell and High Rock, too.  For High Rock, a neat little lore nod would be to make the transport take you to a secluded witch coven somewhere in the Wrothgarian Mountains, where you can buy spells from a naked witch, as they often were in Daggerfall.

I enjoy this quite a bit.  A lot of places made of entirely new assets tend to clash with the look of the rest of Skyrim, but this feels like a natural extension of the game world.  The Oblivion music is a nice touch.  I very much like the Valenwood location, too, so I vote you keep it.

As for suggestions, I'd like to see the worldspaces expanded slightly, mostly for scenic/screenshooting purposes.  A little more open space in Nibenay would be awesome, and another little trail in Grahtwood that leads to a small pool or something would be fantastic.

I'd love to see transports to Hammerfell and High Rock, too.  For High Rock, a neat little lore nod would be to make the transport take you to a secluded witch coven somewhere in the Wrothgarian Mountains, where you can buy spells from a naked witch, as they often were in Daggerfall.

Thanks everyone and thanks Jexsam for the compliments.

Valenwood will stay, but I'm gonna change it since the current one was done in a very small amount of time. I'd like to change the ground textures, remove the hut (unrealistic size and low-res textures) and expand the scenario. It's not as easy as it seems: Valenwood is not a standard jungle (like Moonpath to Elsweyr, which is a great mod anyway) and resources are very limited.

Regarding the main house, in the future I'll improve the textures (mainly the bed) and maybe make it adoption-friendly. The exterior is done. I wish I could expand it, but there's not much room for more stuff. I'll add two more ingredients from Oblivion and that's it.

Still a bit undecided with Hammerfell and High Rock. Considering I have some Witcher's assets, I might go for a village in Betnikh or near Wayrest. Thanks for your suggestion, it's really original.

It's a nice mod, but it's unfortunate that it was placed in a new location named "Evergreen Grove," as there's already a location with this name in Falkreath Hold.

You're right, I didn't check it. My bad.

A new version will be uploaded today or tomorrow, I changed the name and overhauled the Valenwood location, along with many other things.

Very unique house mod, you have done a great work. thanks for sharing with us.  :)

Thanks, I love your blog as well :)

Anyway, I'm informing everyone that I've published a new version (1.2) on ModDB right now.

Valenwood has been completely redone. Still undecided on whetever saving this location or trashing it in the future, but it's ten times better than the last one.

ive installed the mod but can't find its very well hidden it would be nice to show on the skyrim map where to look for this place.

I'f you've downloaded the new version (v1.2) I have included a screenshot of the map in the zipped file.

I'm going to be honest this was an asshole to look for in game...

Being honest doesn't mean you have to be rude.

Also, I've included a screenshots of the location on the map and said that there's a cave there, what more do you need? Someone to hold your hand and guide to it?

I'm going to be honest this was an asshole to look for in game...

Being honest doesn't mean you have to be rude.

Also, I've included a screenshots of the location on the map and said that there's a cave there, what more do you need? Someone to hold your hand and guide to it?

Wasn't being rude. The cave location has the same name as Evergreen Grove from what I've noticed. You cannot simply look up Ancient Grove on the map because it doesn't exist. The instructions the author gave us are very confusing to some. And believe me, 2 of my buddies who also have this mod told me the same thing.

I had no trouble finding it at all.  Granted I probably got lucky the first time since it was little more than gut instinct that told me to go north from Ivarstead past the troll, but when I did that and the undiscovered location icon popped up, finding it from there was piss-easy.

@ v1.2:  I love it.  The expansion to Grahtwood is almost exactly what I imagined it to be, perfect little screenshooting location.  I'll be keeping a copy of this version around if you decide to change it.  But I wouldn't mind seeing it converted to a Summerset Isles location either, to be totally honest, since I've got some ideas for that setting too if you do it.

In any event, I dig it, and I'm curious to see what location(s) you add next.

Thanks sativa and thanks Jexsam.
I'm gonna post here all the ideas I've got and a screenshot of the progress.
Here's how Auridon is progressing:

image.png

I'm convinced that Valenwood should be removed. The original idea was to do a "test" area of Valenwood, but I was never satisfied with it.
I know, a lot of people wished to see it expanded and upgraded, but I don't have enough - and decent - resources. The only resource is the Bosmer kit, but it's not enough and textures should be completely redone.
On the other hand, I have more than enough to make good elven ruins in Auridon as you can see from the screenshot.
The only thing I'm missing is lore info. Summerset Isle is said to be a strange place with vines and corals...but what about big mushrooms? I'm tempted to port some flora from the Shivering isles...
If anyone with enough knowledge would like to help me in this I'd be more than grateful. ESO doesn't offer anything else except a very generic landscape.
Also, I'm not sure on what kind of clothes the merchant in Auridon should wear.

Regarding the "difficulty" to find the cave, in the way I imagined the mod it supposed to be like that. For realism: try to imagine a cave visible to everyone...the first traveller around it would just enter and teleport to the temple.
I'm not that kind of modder that puts the entrance in the middle of Solitude.
In the future I'll even put a barrier around the teleporter in the cave that you have to destroy using a certain spell.

Now, let's talk about Hammerfell and High Rock.
I've got tons of resources for those, they're goona be awesome, trust me. In Hammerfell you'll find a merchant that will sell rare armours and weapons, plus a forge area. The desert area is going to be big, and I'll maybe add some quests in it as well at a later time.
High Rock is going to be medium-sized, not too small and not too big. I've got good resources to make a village in Bethnik or somewhere near Wayrest.
A merchant there will sell some spells, mostly conjuration spells.

The main temple is done. Don't ask me to add this or that: it won't happen. There are too many custom assets, if I add anything else it'll be a crashfest/lagfest.

I'm always accepting suggestions and constructive criticism.

• 5 months later...

Just found this mod now, I'm gonna play around with it and let you know what I think but from the screenshots and what little I've read here, it really looks promising!

And I was almost done with skyrim *sigh* :P

Edit: I absolutely LOOOVE the home. Especially that bed, perfect for a redguard playthrough. 

I really like what you did here, the thing I find the most captivating about this mod is that you build an "abandoned location" a lot more elegant and stylish than most of the fancy houses/places that populate -let's say- the nexus. That and the new places are pure gold.

I ran into some stability issues by the fireplace in the room just off the entrance to the Abandoned Temple, I CTD'd

twice simply walking close to the fireplace, and also encountered major lag/stutter after being in the temple for about

15-20 minutes while some Sexlab animations were playing, which persisted even after the animations were finished.

The temple itself is gorgeous, and so is the lighting, but I think you may have tried to put too many potatoes in the bag  :lol:

I'm running a 980GTX video card with other hardware of an appropriate level, and I'm not accustomed to having problems

like this. I hope you'll keep working on this mod; it's some of the nicest work I've seen for Skyrim. 

post-144391-0-63150400-1479065413_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into some stability issues by the fireplace in the room just off the entrance to the Abandoned Temple, I CTD'd

twice simply walking close to the fireplace, and also encountered major lag/stutter after being in the temple for about

15-20 minutes while some Sexlab animations were playing, which persisted even after the animations were finished.

The temple itself is gorgeous, and so is the lighting, but I think you may have tried to put too many potatoes in the bag  :lol:

I'm running a 980GTX video card with other hardware of an appropriate level, and I'm not accustomed to having problems

like this. I hope you'll keep working on this mod; it's some of the nicest work I've seen for Skyrim. 

I have a GTX 950 and I've never CTD inside the home. Having said so, I do understand that there are many assets in the house, so for the next update I've already done an optimization moving the underground part to a different cell.

I'm still developing this mod of course (so optimizations + fixes will come), but since work lately has been eating a lot of my free time the developing is going slow.

Also, consider that I'm trying to gather a lot of unique resources to create new unique places. For example, in the next update you'll be able to chill in a new and big bathhouse (extracted from the Witcher 3).

Have some screenies.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• 3 years later...