[WIP] USS Nautilus V

Trykz

Screw that "welcome home" garbage. To you I say:

Welcome aboard!

20160422164123_1_by_trykz-d9zyncv.jpg

Imagine this backstory:

It's the year 2074. The world is just a few short years from near total destruction.

The Institute, foreseeing the potential for the loss of multiple species from the planet,

commissions a secret naval shipyard project as a fallback option should their plans

to set up operations underground don't go as planned. Thus construction of the submarine

began, using Gen 1 synthetic lifeforms as mass labor to hasten the vessel's construction.

Mostly finished in January 2077, The Institute, using a fully automated guidance system tug, moved

the research sub to an undisclosed location for outfitting of a top secret laboratory and necessary

equipment. Upon the lab's completion, last rumored as "phase 2", the vessel again set sail, again towed by

an auto-guidance equipped tug, completely unmanned to be stocked with the necessary gear to preserve and

protect any remnants of the human race should the now imminent nuclear exchange yield any survivors.

On the day the bombs fell, the sub, christened the USS Nautilus V (after it's class of nuclear

predecessors), was en-route to it's auto-programmed, yet undisclosed destination, when it's tow

vessel suffered a critical malfunction, rendering both, essentially dead in the water. For over

200 years, the two vessels, chained together, drifted about the ocean. Until one day they

got hung up on a reef just off the east coast. With survivors of humanity being ever wary of

the coastal areas as Mirelurk breeding grounds, the vessels remain undiscovered to this day......

Will it be you who discovers them? What Institute secrets does the sub contain?

There's only one way to know for certain......

Venture the perilous coast..... and search.

Spoilering this next bit (images) for those who might want to be completely surprised by what can be discovered:

20160422164206_1_by_trykz-d9zyni5.jpg

20160422164312_1_by_trykz-d9zynmn.jpg

20160422164327_1_by_trykz-d9zynp6.jpg

20160422164353_1_by_trykz-d9zynri.jpg

20160422164412_1_by_trykz-d9zynwv.jpg

20160422164425_1_by_trykz-d9zyo10.jpg

20160422164439_1_by_trykz-d9zyo45.jpg

20160422164458_1_by_trykz-d9zyo95.jpg

20160422164516_1_by_trykz-d9zyocr.jpg

20160422164536_1_by_trykz-d9zyoh0.jpg

20160422164551_1_by_trykz-d9zyojr.jpg

20160422164600_1_by_trykz-d9zyoo6.jpg

20160422164628_1_by_trykz-d9zyord.jpg

20160422164640_1_by_trykz-d9zyoup.jpg

20160422164707_1_by_trykz-d9zyoxq.jpg

20160422164722_1_by_trykz-d9zyp26.jpg

20160422164746_1_by_trykz-d9zyp5i.jpg

And now for the technical bit. Open the spoiler ONLY if you REALLY wanna know what's in store,

and to see first hand what and how The USS Nautilus V is capable of what's in the images......

Nautilus is a fully customizable player home, with full workshop capability, and fast

travel capability (once discovered). Nearly everything in the screens above (with the exception

of the walls, floors, and some static consoles left for effect, was placed by me IN game. The Nautulis'

power core generates 200 "ambient" power, more than capable of powering everything you'll need.

(you'll need to use other wireless option mods for "wired" devices, though nothing in the screens above

required wires). Nautilus also contains a "top secret" room, which I didn't post screens of. Suffice to say,

you'll discover it quickly enough (just follow the sounds).

At the entrance, you'll find a mining helmet with a light to help you locate the workshop

should you not have night vision or a light source. The interior is fully navmeshed, so followers

can accompany you inside and move about without a problem. EXCEPT in the top secret area......

that's for your eyes ONLY  ;)

I expect to finish testing by tomorrow evening, after which I'll post it to the "non-adult" downloads.

Just for information's sake, no custom assets were used, nor anything DLC related.

The only requirement is the base game.

Trykz

Looks and sounds nice :)

but shouldn't this post be in the non-adult section or is there a "top-secret" adult content somewhere aboard the ship?  :D

It's what you make of it  ;)

Seriously though, I always post my stuff here because I like to add screenshots that aren't all "non-adult"  :P

Trykz

but shouldn't this post be in the non-adult section or is there a "top-secret" adult content somewhere aboard the ship?  :D

Seriously though, I always post my stuff here because I like to add screenshots that aren't all "non-adult"  :P

Trykz

touché!

I hear you, looking forward to downloading this. Once the CK is out, things might move along a bit faster and we'll be able to add the missing kinks to the game and eventually this sub, nice work on the backstory bit btw, good luck! :)

Trykz

HRM!  Sounds more like the Naughtylus!   :cool:

Hi Trykz, its not like a standard quest where you listen for a radio station etc, so any idea where to start looking for this beastie?

Looks great, can't wait to find it.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Sure!

The east coast.  :P

Trykz

Just one thing, no biggie, but when I exit the sub, I end up in the water and not on the conning tower.  But yea pretty awesome interior. I got lost as hell. I can't wait to see what the guys with imagination do with it. Sooooo many possibilities, I bet you modders are going to have a field day filling it with all manner or goodies   :D

Just one thing, no biggie, but when I exit the sub, I end up in the water and not on the conning tower.  But yea pretty awesome interior. I got lost as hell. I can't wait to see what the guys with imagination do with it. Sooooo many possibilities, I bet you modders are going to have a field day filling it with all manner or goodies   :D

Well, it's actually meant for both modders and non-modders alike. Hence the full workshop capability  ;)

The issue you mention doesn't occur for me. I always land just ahead of the entrance. Now that you have the marker though, try fast travelling to it from anywhere, and see where it puts you after entering and exiting a second time.

On another note, by design, a big part of the mystery of this sub lies in it's backstory and discovery. So I'd appreciate if no one spoils it's location for those who haven't found it.

Thanks,

Trykz

Just a heads up......

I removed the mod for...... reasons. Which are unimportant as far as the mod itself goes. If members wish to share it among themselves, please do so through PMs (private messages). Don't post it on any open forum, here or elsewhere. If you have questions/concerns about the mod's functionality, interaction, or compatibility with other mods, please ask via private message. I'm here to address any concerns that might arise.

Thank you,

Trykz

Okay, now that the final version of the CK has been released (and apparently without the duplicated form bug that plagued Skyrim's CK early on, leaving "dirty edits" on the mod), I'll be re-upping this over the weekend with some small modifications. All of which are confined in the secret lab. I don't know yet if these changes will have any ill effects on the remainder of the sub. So if you're going to be reinstalling this new version, I'd suggest removing anything of significant importance. I'm not expecting that it will (it hasn't in my test game thus far), but better safe than sorry.

Trykz

Well, that was short lived.....

It seems I'll be holding off on re-releasing this for the foreseeable future. It seems that Bethesda's 1.5 patch has decided to completely break my game again (wtf is it with Beth and their "v1.5" clusterfucks? First Skyrim, and now FO4).

So this, and ALL mods I have been working on are now on hold until I can either sort this mess out, or decide to just throw in the towel and play something else.....

Trykz

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/2888 , the very last entry:

Q: Can I access my local Mods in game if I'm not logged onto Bethesda.net?

A: No, but we are working on an update to allow this in future update.

I don't know if they're actively trying to alienate the modding community, or get people to play more FONV, or what.

Typical Bethesda.....

Bethesda.net is a fucking catastrophe, and is destined to fail. Just like their attempt to commercialize modding.

They're full-on, gaga retarded for console gamers now. That's their new audience. At least until they try charging console players for mods under the guise of:

"We can't support third party mods, but official Bethesda.net mods will allow you to get those shiny achievements and trophies you want. Luckily for you, we're having a sale this week!"

That's just the kind of Sony style dick move that will put Bethesda right down there at the bottom of the barrel with them.

Trykz

Funny thing is, It's PC gamers that makes the mods for their games. If They make it impossible to make good mod on PC, they won't get good mod on consoles.

about USS Nautilus, I tried the mod and loved it, but there were on things that may be improved (although I don't know it may be something that happen only to me for some reason )
1) I could not link the settlements to other with a supply line. All my stuff was at red rocket until then, and I never wrapped my head around taking everything and bringing it there.
2) Maybe fast travel that lead inside? and make it possible to fast travel from the place? It's real huge and I get lost all the time.
3) When I get out of the nautilus, I spawn in the water under the submarine instead of on top.
and 4) This one may be intended, but the electrical box that supply 200 Is in a real hard spot to reach. If you want power somewhere else in your submarine, You have to run a cable all the way from there. This is probably a lot of work, but would it be possible to pass the cable through the wall to make a few "outlet" in the nautilus?  Or at least to move the electrical box at a place that is easier to access?

Keep up he good work, this submarine is awesome ;-)

Archived