Craftable/Playable Institute Reclamation Chair

View File

Craftable and playable Institute Reclamation Chair

20160419104833_1_by_trykz-d9zlcp9.jpg

This simple .esp only mod serves one simple purpose:

to make the most interesting piece of furniture in the game

craftable AND playable! Kinksters rejoice!

;)

It's completely standalone, so won't interfere with anything else.

It's craftable at any settlement workshop under the Furniture/Chairs category.

Enjoy!

(and don't forget to post your kinkiest screenshots)

Trykz

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/19/2016
  • Category
  • Requires

no "sit" command line for player character, follower can sit- PC no see command

The screenshot in the post above yours contradicts your claim..... what exactly do you mean?

Trykz

There isn't no option to activate/interact with the chair. Did I install it wrong somehow?

Did you activate the .esp?

It really shouldn't matter, but you could try moving it to a different spot in your load order.

Trykz

Greate idea!

Animation of stand up from chair not good.

Without spoiling too much, I'll try to explain that.....i don't think an animation for getting up from it was ever made for it, since you only see it used once by a synth. If you even see it at all. I've been to where the original is located in the game a few times, and only ever saw it used once during a certain quest. And I never saw the synth get up from it...... It IS a "reclamation" chair after all  ;)

Truth be told, I thought it might possibly kill my toon the first time I tested it  :P

Trykz

For those who have no sit command. You might have built the wrong chair. There are two similar chairs one that can be interacted and one cannot. I myself also had this problem tiil i realize there are two identical chairs in my built list. Hope that solves your problem.

For those who have no sit command. You might have built the wrong chair. There are two similar chairs one that can be interacted and one cannot. I myself also had this problem tiil i realize there are two identical chairs in my built list. Hope that solves your problem.

Ahh..... I never thought of that. Thank you.

The chair you want to be build will display as "playable" in the build menu. The menu won't display a model, but the text description should be there.

And again, thank you Huisan2314 for pointing this out.

Trykz

• 3 weeks later...

So, I got kind of bored and decided to fail my way through the Creation Kit to try and do something. This took way longer than it should have and I'm still not done because I am terrible at this. I made your reclamation chairs from this mod bring up a menu to change the player's race to your ihumanrace. I was hoping to add some sound effects and other things, but the playsound command isn't working. Anyway, I'll post some screens.

Unfortunately, F4 boots you out of the chair on race change. It does however default back to the idle, rather than the T-post you get from the console.

I don't know if this was something you were working on yourself or if you even care. I'm not really big on posting anything due to permissions. But to be fair, this mod is anything but complex. It's one script and a menu.

So, I got kind of bored and decided to fail my way through the Creation Kit to try and do something. This took way longer than it should have and I'm still not done because I am terrible at this. I made your reclamation chairs from this mod bring up a menu to change the player's race to your ihumanrace. I was hoping to add some sound effects and other things, but the playsound command isn't working. Anyway, I'll post some screens.

attachicon.gifFallout4 2016-05-17 18-48-07.pngattachicon.gifFallout4 2016-05-17 18-48-19.png

Unfortunately, F4 boots you out of the chair on race change. It does however default back to the idle, rather than the T-post you get from the console.

I don't know if this was something you were working on yourself or if you even care. I'm not really big on posting anything due to permissions. But to be fair, this mod is anything but complex. It's one script and a menu.

Genius..... this is exactly what i was theorycrafting while I was waiting to replace my busted ass PC. Except, I don't want it to function for my race exclusively. I'd like to modify it to allow other race mods to "hook into" a primary script so any custom race can use it for race swapping.

Ideally, I'd like to see it function repetitively. Meaning the player could alter their race at any point during a playthrough, choose whatever race they desire from whatever available options they have installed. I notice you also have a provision in the menu for returning to human form. Does this work thoroughly? As in, you can swap back and forth between my iHuman race and back to human without issues?

Please keep me posted on whatever findings you uncover. Because my ultimate goal here is to provide the player with every available option possible without extensive individual scripting like RaceCompatibility required (race controllers for every race). And please, PM me the files you have so I can test this with some other race ideas I'm working on.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Trykz

I can't figure out how to just add a file to my list, so I'm attaching the 7z and will PM you the password. Please let me know if you have issues accessing it.

Double EDIT: I should add, besides my source output having a property left over (akactionref) that is useless, this mod works as far as I can see. If you craft a useable chair and sit in it, you can change your race back and forth between human and ihumanrace after sitting in it. I have had no issues doing so multiple times (it just kicks you out of the chair each time, no animation). If an NPC uses it, you get the same menu and can (hilariously) change your own race if you wanted after an NPC sandboxes into it. /EDIT

Everything is yours to do with whatever. I had to modify your original esp (Rec Chair) because tying my script to your chair created a new one in F4 that you would have to spawn manually. So, the script is tied to the chair in your mod and the only other edit is CCRCMenu (a menu I created for the interface).

I'm posting this here because maybe you or someone else can see where I hit a dead end. The script output is at the end of the post.

Unfortunately, I had to use ihumanrace.esm as a master because you can't call a race that papyrus doesn't have a property for. I tried  just leaving the property the "ihumanrace" and seeing if F4 auto-filled, but it didn't. Adding a new race to this mod would be easy, however: you'd have to add it as a master. It would not be plug and play. But before I worried about fixing that, I hit a huge dead-end.

As you can see if you load this mod, if anyone, NPC or PC, uses the chair, it waits, then brings up the menu. I wanted it to change that actors race, not the players only. Even though akActionRef seems to store WHO used the item, I can't find a way to make a call to that information. Papyrus just spits out an error. I beat on this for HOURS and couldn't figure it out. If I could find a way to store that actor and call to it, then you could change the race of anyone ordered to enter the chair. Also, I don't know how to stop the script from firing if an NPC sandboxes into it. And they will sandbox into it.... a lot.

Once I worked this out, I was going to redo the menu. It would have one whole menu dedicated to changing race (at the bottom). The rest was going to be options for said race. EDIT: It would read your race and give you the options I had for that race through nested menus. /EDIT I wanted to set your ihumanrace up with stupid high Damage and radiation Resistance, but also make them heal very slowly, if at all, and crippled limbs not recover, and make them break-down over time. You would have to use the chair, and have X amount of junk, to fix your character or other characters.

To get back to human, you would need a follower, or maybe just someone nearby. Sit in the chair, click option, other actor dies (was thinking it gibbed them on the spot) and BAM, you're human again. Add some random junk mats on top. To convert to ihumanrace, x amount of junk, mostly rare stuff. Possibly, spawn a human duplicate of the character that is "stored" for later use.

Great ideas if I do say so myself, but my idea far outstrips what little I know about Papyrus. So.... have at it. I'll continue hacking away when I have time, but I won't cry if you or someone else beats me to the punch.

Scriptname CCRecChair extends ObjectReference

{Will bring up the menu for synthing your PC.}

Message Property CCRCMenu Auto

Race Property Human auto

Race Property iHumanrace auto

ObjectReference Property akActionRef Auto

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)

Utility.Wait(4.0)

Menu()

EndEvent

Function Menu(int aiButton = 0)

aiButton = CCRCMenu.show()

If aiButton == 0

ElseIf aiButton == 1

game.getplayer().setrace (ihumanrace)

Elseif aiButton == 2

game.getplayer().setrace (human)

EndIf

EndFunction

OH man. This is great. I should mod while drunk WAAAY more often. Had this big "EUREKA" moment. No idea why CCWhoisChair.setrace(whatever) won't work, but just setting it to akActionRef, then using Game.FindClosestActorFromRef DOES? I didn't test it much. In fact, I was ordering Curie to sit in the chair, but then Cait comes up and just sits there instead. I then turned her into a synth. I assume this would work on any actor entering the chair. Now I just need to remove it from the sandbox list.

Another edit: Ok, so I stripped ihumanrace.esm as a master with FO4Edit. Then I just made the following changes to the .esp because why not (I have edited the original CODE I posted)? Seems to work. My character can still transition between human and ihuman with no issue.

As long as you set the race property in the Event, you could tie in to any race mod. I have updated my archive and it is attached.

NOTE: Some bugs that exist right now.

1. If you try and sit on the chair, but are blocked: the menu will still fire. I will try to get OnSit working again, but I had issue last time. But, those COULD have been caused because the script wasn't tied to the right chair at the time, but my (uncraftable) chair my new esp created.

2. Maybe other stuff. I dunno.

3. Even another edit: OnSit seems to be a reference to an Actor event. So... I guess I could use an onactivate script to load the reference, then call an actor script using OnSit to actually handle the menu.... but am I already in my pajamas.... I should probably take a break and shoot some Gunners, then start messing with the menu later on.[/even another edit]

Anyway, I need to rezip this stuff up, but here's the output:

Scriptname CCRecChair extends ObjectReference
{Will bring up the menu for synthing your PC.}

Message Property CCRCMenu Auto
Race Property Human auto
Race Property iHumanrace auto
ObjectReference Property CCWhoisChair Auto

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
    CCWhoisChair = akActionRef
    iHumanrace = iHumanRace
    Utility.Wait(4.0)
    Menu()
EndEvent

Function Menu(int aiButton = 0)
    aiButton = CCRCMenu.show()
    If aiButton == 0

ElseIf aiButton == 1
        game.FindClosestActorFromRef(CCWhoisChair, 1.0).setrace (ihumanrace)

Elseif aiButton == 2
        game.FindClosestActorFromRef(CCWhoisChair, 1.0).setrace (human)
    EndIf
EndFunction

I have to give every modder on this site about 8 metric tons of credit because scripting is hideously annoying. So glad my degree is in hardware and not software. I don't know how you guys/gals bother with it. Time to keep drinking I guess. I'd do more, but been playing Warhammer Vermintide. Have fun kids.

CCRecChair.7z

Hi

Thanx for the mod

How about making a version of the "clean chair"?    theres a nice animation to it as wellattachicon.gif377160_2016-01-25_00001.jpg

Here, I made it. Craftable in "chairs" in settlement for 4 Steel. To play the animation, open console, click your player or NPC in the chair, and type "playidle idleextractionchair." If anyone can teach me how to play the animation conveniently without the console on a piece of workshop furniture, please do.

ExtractChair.esp