Skyrim-Blender headache

Shardar

I know I'm late in the game but I wanted to make some animations for Skyrim, using Blender.
I went through countless tutorials mostly for Oblivion or Fallout 3.

I'm using Blender 2.49, Python, PyFFI, Nifskope.

So far, I can import animation from Skyrim, but without touching anything, I can't export this very same animation back to Skyrim. The only bone wich is moving in game seems to be the NPC Root one.

When I compare the original .kf file with the exported one in Nifskope, all the 'Nitransformcontroller' strings have gone, but as it's some kind of daedric language for me, it doesn't really help me....

Anyone could help me just explaining how to export the animation back to skyrim ?

Ok...
- Let's take FNISSPc001.hkx (from the FNIS Spell pack).

- Convert it with the convertUI in .kf.

- Open a weighted body mesh in Blender (an optional step, for now...).

- Import a skeleton with the animation.

Everything is working fine...

- export it (after deleting the body mesh and selecting the skeleton), using Fallout 3 option. Anim seq name : FNISSPc001, Anim Target Name : NPC Root [Root].

From there, importing it again in Blender is working.

In Nifskope, the User Version have changed, and the NitransformController have gone.

- Convert it back in .hkx

Impossible to use it in game : replacing the original FNISSPc001.hkx with the exported one, and using the spells in game to activate it.

The character is stuck in the T pose, and the only bone witch is moving seems to be the NPC Root one...

Anyone to explain me what i'm doing wrong ?

Anyone to explain me what i'm doing wrong ?

yes blender is not optimized to work with skyrim. it will be better to either switch to 3dmax. or start using google more efficiently. There is not much info on working with older blender on skyrim, the best you can do so far is use something like this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34671

You won't find better tools for blender part with skyrim, this is not oblivion/fallout so many things changed also the blender version.

Thanks for the answer.

I know about the Anton tools. Simple, effective, I try to figure it out how its working (and no how to use it : its quite simple and well explained).

I know this is hard work, but I would like to understand how to. Converting hkx in kx and back in hkx and the animation is working. Then the problem come from the import/export from/to Blender. What'd missing after export ? Is there a way to fix it ?

I know some manage to do it with blender.

The only tutorial i know works is the one from nexus i was able to create animations from an older blender to skyrim workaround. but the time it takes to fully do all that outside of blender was just too much for me, i create many animations i was wasting too much time just converting that it was taking more time then actually creating the animation in the first place. So i stopped using older blender. 

If after export you still not able to convert then maybe you where using wrong export settings in blender or the nifcope part you where doing you forgot 1 of the many things you need to do before starting the tool to convert from .kf to hkx. if you miss just 1 option converting will fail. 

you said it well in the topic description, 

Skyrim-Blender headache

hkxcmd works fine.

I just don't understand what's in these files, hkx and kf.

For example : FNISSPa004.hkx is 22ko. Converting it into kf : 419ko. After import/export via Blender : 284ko, no matters what FO3 settings I choose (283ko with Oblivion settings...). And back in .hkx : 22ko.

Nifskope : user Version have changed, and no more NitransformController strings.

The skeleton I use in Blender is SkeletonFIX.nif, that Zaz left arround one of these forums. And in game the XPMSE one.

It might be a skeleton conflict ?

And those nitransformcontroller strings ?

Archived