Remember I said that I would like to make a short quest for your alternate start mod. I've gone a little overboard. Would you consider adding Essential Relief when it is ready? I think renovating and running a store could be a fun alternative start role play.

Are there any things that you would ideally have a mod maker do to facilitate inclusion?

Absolutely! I either need:

• A quest stage that handles everything on your end (moveto, set up conditions, etc) that I can call (heroine in distress, QAYL), or
  • A modevent that does the same thing (all SD+ scenarios), or
  • A place to put a marker to moveto the player in the vanilla worldspace (Angrim's Apprentice), or
  • If events in your mod are triggered by picking up an item, the exact item code so I can getformfromfile() and add it to the player inventory (Egg factory, MME, Trapped in Rubber)

Or something along those lines. Basically, all I need is how much work you've put into it. :) Check the ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901 source - each fragment in there is a separate scenario.

Can't wait! :)

I would guess CC that you'd make a couple full bondage scenarios that could show up if DD Equip is loaded, or on your slave starts, would just call the DD Equip modevents you want.

If someone wanted full control over what they're bound in, they'd do that themselves either before or after sleeping in the bed?

That'd be the way to do it, yep. I'll make a couple of new scenarios that specifically use bondage items (DD Equip hard requirement), and add DD equip modevents to a couple of others maybe if I can find some good ones for that (DD Equip soft/optional requirement).

If players want full control over what they wear, they'd have to use whatever mod it was (was it an MCM with settable options? A spell to cast? I can't remember!) to set their own stuff before sleeping in the bed.

I would guess CC that you'd make a couple full bondage scenarios that could show up if DD Equip is loaded, or on your slave starts, would just call the DD Equip modevents you want.

If someone wanted full control over what they're bound in, they'd do that themselves either before or after sleeping in the bed?

That'd be the way to do it, yep. I'll make a couple of new scenarios that specifically use bondage items (DD Equip hard requirement), and add DD equip modevents to a couple of others maybe if I can find some good ones for that (DD Equip soft/optional requirement).

If players want full control over what they wear, they'd have to use whatever mod it was (was it an MCM with settable options? A spell to cast? I can't remember!) to set their own stuff before sleeping in the bed.

DD Equip used an MCM menu for yourself and NPCs, though I'm having some trouble getting it figured out.  Sometimes a menu option is there and sometimes it isn't.  It seems as if it will not add items to items you are already wearing, or let you take off what you put on from the MCM except in certain cases.   I'll need to read more I guess.

Bound also used an MCM but was just for you. Mod desc also said the menu would disable after one use.  It might be the simplest and easiest to suggest, but then it has less you can use for other situations?

I suppose third option is using the AddItem mod, getting items from the DD mods and just equipping them yourself.

Remember I said that I would like to make a short quest for your alternate start mod. I've gone a little overboard. Would you consider adding Essential Relief when it is ready? I think renovating and running a store could be a fun alternative start role play.

Are there any things that you would ideally have a mod maker do to facilitate inclusion?

Absolutely! I either need:

• A quest stage that handles everything on your end (moveto, set up conditions, etc) that I can call (heroine in distress, QAYL), or
  • A modevent that does the same thing (all SD+ scenarios), or
  • A place to put a marker to moveto the player in the vanilla worldspace (Angrim's Apprentice), or
  • If events in your mod are triggered by picking up an item, the exact item code so I can getformfromfile() and add it to the player inventory (Egg factory, MME, Trapped in Rubber)

Or something along those lines. Basically, all I need is how much work you've put into it. :) Check the ccas_QF_ccas_handler_06005901 source - each fragment in there is a separate scenario.

Can't wait! :)

How do you present the choice to the player?

If you're moving the player to a specific place I would create something tailored, something fun. A reason for finding the store unique to the alternate start method. Instead of just stumbling across it naturally as would happen if the player didn't use an alternative start or had chosen a different option.

How do you present the choice to the player?

Sorry, I thought you'd used LAL before. ;)

The player selects a scenario through dialogue with a talking activator - a statue of Mara - in the starting cell. The statue dialogue contains all available starting options, and the player just chooses the desired one. Whichever is chosen fires off a dialogue script fragment that determines what happens when the player does the next step.

Then the player walks over to a bed nearby - not a real bed, just an activator that looks like a bed - and uses the bed. The bed script takes a look at what was chosen in the dialogue script fragment and then launches a specified quest at a specified stage.

That's where CCAS comes in - it has a quest with a whole bunch of stages, and the dialogue script fragment and bed activator choose which of those to fire off.

In the CCAS quest stage chosen, conditions are set up. These conditions are where I'd additem and equipitem stuff on the player for that scenario, such as adding skooma for a skooma whore scenario, etc. This is where, in a scenario I make myself, I set up sexlab stats, player.moveto a marker or object, add items, and fire off any subsequent quest stages and/or set up a journal entry. If I'm referencing another mod, this is where I'd use quest.getquest() and trigger the other mod's quest, or send a modevent command, or whatever else is required by the other mod.

To avoid adding more dependencies to CCAS, this is where the other modder (that's you :) ) would tell me to "teleport to this specific location and equip mining clothes on the player" or something like that.

For example, with Angrim's Apprentice, all I had to do in my quest stage was put on some mage robes, add a few basic items like food and drink, and then moveto() the player to a marker near the Western Watchtower, as that's pretty close to where the mod basically starts.

For a mod like SD+ enslavement, I'd teleport the player to a location and then send a modevent to enslave to a nearby referenced actor.

For a mod like QAYL, I wouldn't have to additem anything or teleport anywhere, I'd just call the QAYL quest, which takes care of the teleportation and items and other setup on its own.

A modevent or quest stage is preferable if you, for example, have a unique worldspace you want to have the player in. I can't directly teleport the player there or add items from your mod unless I use getformfromfile() and have specific item and object IDs, so if I just call your quest, you'd handle all of that.

If you're just using nothing but vanilla assets and not adding any new locations to the world, just tell me where you want me to plop the player down and what you want equipped and I'll take care of it. You can then use a trigger box, or nearby NPC forcegreet, or something, to start your own mod/quest at that point.

Or some combination of the two. There aren't many explicit restrictions on how this is all done, though I prefer not to use getformfromfile() whenever possible. Modevents are easiest for me because it's just one line of code, and hardest for you because it requires setting up your quest stage and setting up a modevent with everything you want.

If you're moving the player to a specific place I would create something tailored, something fun. A reason for finding the store unique to the alternate start method. Instead of just stumbling across it naturally as would happen if the player didn't use an alternative start or had chosen a different option.

Whatever you want, there. If the player would through normal play just stumble across the store, which would trigger stage 10 of your quest, you could set up a unique stage 15 with a different journal entry or something, and use that to teleport the player inside the store after the player has already "purchased" it and set up some basic stuff, and then I'd just call quest stage 15 or whatever.

Or I can just teleport the player right in front of the store and let the game progress as if the player had randomly stumbled across it.

Or anything in between, or off in the corner, like your store being in Winterhold and sending the player to Markarth with a note in the inventory or a quest journal entry that says "go to Winterhold to look into this store thing."  :)

Story/Idea wise...

I few of the other alternate starts have journal entries and a concept of "I have traveled a long way to get to (this shrine to, this altar of, the statue of Azura, Merida, etc) and just put you down in the Eldergleam sanctuary, next to the statues for Merida or Azura, Solitude just outside the temple and let you go.

CC's start could put the player outside the shop with a journal entry of "Well I'm finally here. Now to see if anyone is home, or if this rumor of a magical talking spider that can teach alchemy is really true."

Haven't played any of the mods you mention but I think I get the gist of it. I'd prefer to take the burden away from you so I could put in a custom stage for the introduction quest, something to bypass reading the note left by Carabosse on the door. Something like having a deed for the store as you disembark a carriage out front. I'd be happy to handle player starting items, clothing and position via quest. Could add a few necessities for store management and some clothing specific to race.  Then you'd only need to know the quest and stage? Or is that taking more control than you would wish?

Haven't played any of the mods you mention but I think I get the gist of it. I'd prefer to take the burden away from you so I could put in a custom stage for the introduction quest, something to bypass reading the note left by Carabosse on the door. Something like having a deed for the store as you disembark a carriage out front. I'd be happy to handle player starting items, clothing and position via quest. Could add a few necessities for store management and some clothing specific to race.  Then you'd only need to know the quest and stage? Or is that taking more control than you would wish?

That's about it. As much or as little as you want.

The ideal for me is a modevent or quest stage I call, and the modder sets up everything else. ;)

I'd prefer to take the burden away from you

I love it when people tell me that.  :D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCDPwMpYDGs&feature=youtu.be&t=54

EDIT: Timestamp 54 - doesn't want to work here. Ah well...

There's only one more thing I need from you - something to put in the CCAS journal entry and objective before I quick-close the quest. Since I'm quick-closing the quest, it doesn't have to be in-depth, I'm assuming your own quest will have its own. :)

Also, I don't know if you'll use it, but the storageutil variable "ccas_scenario" keeps track of which scenario was used to start the game, in case you want to do something like make dialogue or something else that specifically responds to a specific scenario.

Your number will be 500.

post-462261-0-14185500-1480262431_thumb.jpg

Hi guys i have a weird problem where ccas dialogue dosent appear just the regular lines. I downloaded all dialogue mods this mod needed but nothing changed any ideas?

When you say you downloaded all dialogue mods, did you also download EZ2C Dialogue Menu and/or Better Dialogue Controls?

Also, everything is contained under "I am a character in a dark tale" when you first talk to the Mara statue.

If that line isn't showing up, then there's something else wrong and I don't know what it is.

Stupid question, but... are you sure you installed and enabled the mod?

soulgem scenerio isnt progressing after reaching the circle, any thoughts?

I'm not surprised. That whole mess is cobbled together from bits that aren't really designed to work that way.

All I can suggest is to give it time... if things aren't progressing after, say, 30 seconds, then there's a problem.

If it doesn't advance, load a save before you walk into the circle, and do the following in the console:

set ccas_sgo_controller to 7

set ccas_sgo_dialogue_var to 123

coc ccas_sgo_star

And the game will think you've gone through the ritual.

Or, if you want to try your luck, you could walk into the circle and set ccas_sgo_controller to various numbers up to 7 and see if that advances it, but my guess is even if it does it won't work perfectly.

However, also note that there is currently a bug where if you get sent to the star you'll be permanently friendly to necromancers, because I forgot to remove the player from the necromancer faction.

There's only one more thing I need from you - something to put in the CCAS journal entry and objective before I quick-close the quest. Since I'm quick-closing the quest, it doesn't have to be in-depth, I'm assuming your own quest will have its own. :)

Objectives and journal entries have been superseded by diary notes suspended from a friendly spider's silk as the player progresses :s .

Hi guys i have a weird problem where ccas dialogue dosent appear just the regular lines. I downloaded all dialogue mods this mod needed but nothing changed any ideas?

When you say you downloaded all dialogue mods, did you also download EZ2C Dialogue Menu and/or Better Dialogue Controls?

Also, everything is contained under "I am a character in a dark tale" when you first talk to the Mara statue.

If that line isn't showing up, then there's something else wrong and I don't know what it is.

Stupid question, but... are you sure you installed and enabled the mod?

I do have the dark tale sentence and i have both the dialogue mods u said. My problem is when I do for example the beeing female start. the khajit that im suppose to talk to dosent have the dialogue needed to progress and im stuck there.

I do have the dark tale sentence and i have both the dialogue mods u said. My problem is when I do for example the beeing female start. the khajit that im suppose to talk to dosent have the dialogue needed to progress and im stuck there.

That's a bug in the current version. To get around it, use this console command:

set ccas_bfstage to 0

That should fix it.

More info and a permanent script fix for new games

I like the SD+ options to allow for enslaved starts. Although the wolf cave for example is pitch black (probably my enb), and impossible to see anything. Also seems a bit hard to obtain items for the master. 

Any chance for a SD+ compatible Werewolf enslave start?

I like the SD+ options to allow for enslaved starts. Although the wolf cave for example is pitch black (probably my enb), and impossible to see anything. Also seems a bit hard to obtain items for the master. 

Any chance for a SD+ compatible Werewolf enslave start?

The darkness of the cave has been a problem. It's actually quite a bit brighter than it used to be, but I could add some more lights in there.

As for obtaining items for your master, you can just leave the cave... the wolf should teleport out there with you and then you can go hunting/harvesting.

By SD+ compatible Werewolf enslave start, do you mean a start where you're enslaved to a werewolf? I could do that, I guess. I've been meaning to expand on those creature scenarios a bit anyway (move the "chaurus" scenario to the cave, add some other items in there), adding another one should be relatively simple. :)

In the expectant mother is the offspring set to something specific? 

No, it's set as a null. I was originally going to make a hidden/virtual NPC to be the father, but I figured players would probably want the child to look pretty much exactly like the mother, so I just left it blank. Consider it... immaculate conception. :)

I just started a new game using your novice mage trapped in a maze start.  Very enjoyable, though long (not necessarily a complaint).  I got to level 3 before I got out, with a lot of sneak, destruction, and restoration level ups.

Too many enemies in there, eh? I'm actually kind of surprised about the destruction and restoration levelups - I never even tried to fight my way through, I just sneaked. :)

I can reduce the density of the baddies in there.

I just started a new game using your novice mage trapped in a maze start.  Very enjoyable, though long (not necessarily a complaint).  I got to level 3 before I got out, with a lot of sneak, destruction, and restoration level ups.

Too many enemies in there, eh? I'm actually kind of surprised about the destruction and restoration levelups - I never even tried to fight my way through, I just sneaked. :)

It has been a long time since I did the vanilla Helgen start with vanilla leveling but I think I'd get a level or 2 depending on what skills I used and how far ahead of the tour guide I ran. I do remember in Oblivion getting a couple levels going through that start, and the usefulness of one or another addon to manage skill points at the final character creating leaving the sewer grate.

No, no, there's no need to reduce the number of enemies.  I spent the whole time sneaking but was trying to take out as many enemies as I could.  Took me several tries before I figured out how to get past the frost atronachs.  And those flaming wolves that wouldn't die were a bit of a problem, had to go run and hide and heal.  I wish I'd examined the Mudcrab Caviar Pie properties earlier, it might have been useful to have eaten it.

Anyway, nice job on it, your work is much appreciated.