View File

This is an update to/rewrite of Callipygic's LoversHooker mod (original thread here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3462). This version makes several changes - hopefully improvements :D - to Callipygic's original version, incorporating the modifications made by Manzor. The main change is that an ini file has been added, which allows you to control nearly all aspects of LoversHookers V2.0. In addition, the scripts and dialogue options have all been completely overhauled for robustness, spelling and grammar mistakes have been corrected, and the options have been expanded to allow male players to be prostitutes.

RECOMMENDED MOD: The mod Daily Income Revised (http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2205) is highly recommended in combination with LoversHooker. This mod gives NPCs an income depending on their faction, rank, social class and city of residence. Without this mod, most NPCs, including supposedly wealthy ones, will only have a small amount of gold with which to purchase your services.

Other highlights:

- Non-standard races will no longer give the 'I HAVE NO GREETING' error during an approach. Non-standard races will not approach the player for sex. This was the easiest way of getting around that bug.
- Followers will not continually approach you for sex. This has been achieved by the simple process of checking if an NPC is running a 'follow player' package. Compatibility with CM Partners (which does something different) has also been included.
- A 'fallback' dialogue option to identify an NPC as a 'friend' has been provided, primarily for you to flag any followers who are not identified correctly. However, you can use it on any NPC. Those NPCs identified as 'friends' will not approach the player for sex.
- Code to check for certain quests being active has been introduced, to prevent LoversHooker V2.0 from running at inopportune moments.
- A lesser power on/off toggle has been added, to allow players to manually disable approaches temporarily.
- Extra validation checks have been added to ensure that dead, inactive, and incapacitated NPCs don't try to approach the player for sex. Also NPCs who are riding horses, swimming, sitting down, or sleeping will be skipped (until they are standing up).
- Timeouts have been added to various AI packages so that, for example, an NPC who is trying to approach the player, but can't because of an impassible barrier, will give up after a certain amount of time.
- Options have been added for clothing value, armor, time of day, and how much gold the NPC has to influence whether they approach the player for sex.

Further details are in the readme and the ini file, but if anything is unclear, let me know.

UPDATE: Version 2.0a:

- Various dialogue bugs fixed, mainly where dialogue was incorrectly tagged with 'Goodbye'.
- The calculation of how much gold the NPC is willing to pay has been streamlined.
- Related to the above, more options for the NPC to offer less than you demand, if they like you and have sufficient funds.
- Minor tweaks to the greetings that appear when you become well-known as a prostitute, so that (hopefully) they aren't so pervasive.

UPDATE: Version 2.1:

- The lesser power has been changed to provide two options. The first is the original toggle to switch approaches on and off. The second is a diary that keeps track of your hooker activities, including how many individual clients you have serviced and how much gold you have made.
- Dialogue option added to allow the player to offer their services to an NPC, rather than waiting for the NPC to approach them.
- Compatibility patch for LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP included, which integrates the functionality from LoversHooker, replacing and extending the prostitution option contained in LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.
- The options for male players have been revised so that the player will usually take the submissive (i.e. 'female') role.
- Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks.

Minor Update: Version 2.1a:

- Added the ini setting sFutaFan to allow the option for fellatio as well as cunnilingus with female clients and female players.
- Fixed a potential mod conflict with the rank-based greetings. These are now disabled when approaches are disabled via the settings spell or ini file.

UPDATE: Version 2.2:

- Added ini settings to control the number of clients you must entertain to advance in rank in the hooker faction. Changed the wording of the quest entries as the numbers are no longer fixed.
- Added ini setting to allow the use of a nearby bed when entertaining a client.
- Prospective clients will now follow you through doors when you are leading them to somewhere quieter.
- A couple more bugs squashed.

UPDATE/FINAL: Version 2.5:

- Completely reworked the approach calculation.
- Altered the way that the chance for a client to rape you is calculated, when rape is allowed.
- Added four ini settings to allow the selection of favourite positions for different types of sex.
- Added an option to toggle approaches on or off with a hotkey.
- Added a compatibility check for LoversBitch.
- Added an option to the lesser power to stop the Charactergen quest.

UPDATE/FINAL/IMEANITTHISTIME Version 2.51:

- Reduced the frequency of the greeting solicitations, so that merchants and nobles won't continually try to have sex with you.
- Added the possibility of responding "Friends don't have to pay" when solicited via a greeting.
- Added the possibility of consenting to the "I'm sorry, I have to fuck you now" greeting, rather than having to submit to rape.
- Changed the animation used for the "I'm sorry, I have to fuck you now" greeting rape to a more appropriate one.
- Added the possibility for you to lead friends somewhere quieter, when you select the option "Friends don't have to pay" in response to an approach.

Barring any bugs, this is the final version of this iteration of LoversHooker. However, I've got several ideas for brothels, quests, and other such things to massively expand the scope of the mod. But that will be version 3.0, and these things take time. ;)

Any problems, questions or constructive suggestions, post them here.

Update 8-29-15: Gregathit has modified the called animations so that they are aligned with the LAPF and mem4ob4 fixed a bad call in one of the scripts.

Please pick only one version of Lovers Hooker.

I noticed I don't have a count in my inventory anymore about how many times I've whored myself out and the message that someone is noticing me only goes off like every 1 out of 3-4 times I'm propositioned but those are minor visual things. Everything else works and runs awesome. I really like the options in the ini that make it more personal and the new dialog changes. Great job on this new version!

I like this so much better than the original. The approach rate of npc's is now more tolerable and so far I haven't been approached by one single male npc :D

Their is one thing that could do with changing however, Getting blowjob dialogue while eating a female npc's pussy doesn't really fit, Maybe some extra dialogue could be added to reflect whether its a blow-job being given or cunnilingus.

Bravo. Functions well, feels robust and the ini options are excellent. I like how even the console debug messages have a touch of personality to them. :P

Certainly enough of an improvement over the original to make me break my long silence. Keep up the good work.

I noticed I don't have a count in my inventory anymore about how many times I've whored myself out and the message that someone is noticing me only goes off like every 1 out of 3-4 times I'm propositioned but those are minor visual things. Everything else works and runs awesome. I really like the options in the ini that make it more personal and the new dialog changes. Great job on this new version!

Not sure why you're not getting the approach message every time. There's nothing special about it' date=' it's just a standard message.

On the subject of the count of the number of times you've sold your body :D - I was thinking of adding a 'diary' where you can check up on how many times, how much gold you've 'earned', etc.

I like this so much better than the original. The approach rate of npc's is now more tolerable and so far I haven't been approached by one single male npc :D

Their is one thing that could do with changing however, Getting blowjob dialogue while eating a female npc's pussy doesn't really fit, Maybe some extra dialogue could be added to reflect whether its a blow-job being given or cunnilingus.

This mod is not responsible for the dialogue you are getting during sex - that's probably the SSP or Voice mod. The problem is that the cunnilingus animation is one of the 'blowjob' series. If you're giving/receiving a blowjob, pressing 'z' a number of times should cycle round to the cunnilingus animations. I use Voice+AdultPlay+SSP, and you do occasionally get cunnilingus-oriented dialogue.

I played with this for a long time but NPCs never approched my character. I don't know the reason. Nothing happened.

There are a number of possibilities.

First, are you using an alternate start mod? Approaches are disabled during the tutorial, by the simple expedient of checking if the quest charactergen is active. You could try entering 'sqv charactergen' in the console to see if it is still running.

Second, and possibly more likely, is that the NPCs don't have enough gold. An NPC will not approach you if they have less than 10 gold - in vanilla, most NPCs only have 3 or 4 gold. You can either install a mod that increases their gold, as suggested in the readme of this mod, or disable the gold check in the ini.

After a few days testing I have to say it is perfect don't change nuthin. Flawless for me!! :exclamation:

Then you need to play a bit more... ;)

I've already found a couple of bugs. :@

Oh, and I've added a bit more dialogue. :)

Aiming for an update at the weekend.

Guest test1

I have discovered that playing as a male character interacting with male npcs, I often end up in the aggressor position, no matter what dialogue options I chose. Other than that, works great so far.

I've been playing as a male pc and have yet to be approached by a single NPC. I checked the INI file and noticed that the rates are higher when in cities but, even after spending a few game days in Bravil, the Imperial City, and Chorrol while wearing ebony equipment (for the value), I've had zilch in the way of clients.

Would it be possible to make it so that the player could initiate an encounter through dialogue with an NPC?

UPDATE:

I've tried playing around with the debug function in the INI. I've confirmed that the plugin works perfectly for a female character. As a male, however, the script never looks for a "punter," it just says:

"The player is in chargen"

instead. This repeats endlessly, broken only occasionally by a normal "the player is not available." For whatever reason, the search function for clients isn't firing for a male pc.

Gaebrial, this is brilliant - you've pretty well added all the functionality I would have liked to see in the original mod.

I haven't found any bugs, but - with you being the author and all - I'm sure you're seeing a lot of things that aren't working exactly the way you want them to work.

But PLEASE! Do not overcomplicate matters while doing bug fixes. Its ALMOST perfect the way it is (and for me - playing as a female - it does work perfectly. I have not had one issue with this mod.) As it stands, it appears to be as stable as any mod I've ever installed.

Just please don't start adding all kinds of options and interactions with other mods. You did a really nice job here.

I have discovered that playing as a male character interacting with male npcs' date=' I often end up in the aggressor position, no matter what dialogue options I chose. Other than that, works great so far.

[/quote']

I'll check the dialogue conditions, but I thought they were mostly checking the sex of the NPC, not the player. I could always make it a bit more random, as well.

I've been playing as a male pc and have yet to be approached by a single NPC. I checked the INI file and noticed that the rates are higher when in cities but' date=' even after spending a few game days in Bravil, the Imperial City, and Chorrol while wearing ebony equipment (for the value), I've had zilch in the way of clients.

Would it be possible to make it so that the player could initiate an encounter through dialogue with an NPC?

[/quote']

Unless you've switched off the armor check flag in the ini, wearing a full set of armor will have the reverse effect, and will reduce your calculated clothing value to zero.

I'm a bit reticent to add dialogue options to let the player initiate an encounter due to potential conflicts with other mods such as LoversAdultPlayPlusSSP, which already has that option.

I suppose I could always make it dependent on a switch in the ini file...

UPDATE:

I've tried playing around with the debug function in the INI. I've confirmed that the plugin works perfectly for a female character. As a male' date=' however, the script never looks for a "punter," it just says:

"The player is in chargen"

instead. This repeats endlessly, broken only occasionally by a normal "the player is not available." For whatever reason, the search function for clients isn't firing for a male pc.

[/quote']

If it's saying "The player is in chargen", then the charactergen quest is still running (do 'sqv charactergen' in the console to confirm. It's supposed to stop when you exit the sewers after the tutorial. Are you running an alternate start mod that doesn't stop this quest?

I'll double-check if there's a better way of detecting when the player is in the tutorial.

Gaebrial' date=' this is brilliant - you've pretty well added all the functionality I would have liked to see in the original mod.

I haven't found any bugs, but - with you being the author and all - I'm sure you're seeing a lot of things that aren't working exactly the way you want them to work.

But PLEASE! Do not overcomplicate matters while doing bug fixes. Its ALMOST perfect the way it is (and for me - playing as a female - it does work perfectly. I have not had one issue with this mod.) As it stands, it appears to be as stable as any mod I've ever installed.

Just please don't start adding all kinds of options and interactions with other mods. You did a really nice job here.

[/quote']

Don't worry, the only things I'm likely to be adding are small additions such as a 'diary' that keeps track of how many times you've sold your body, how much gold you've made, etc., and possibly some dialogue to allow the player to initiate encounters (see above). At least, that's all I want to do with version 2. :P

Hey, I've given this another go, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I'll turn off the alternative start mod and I have adjusted the .ini to let me have a better chance of picking up customers. The ini was easy to understand, thanks for the descriptions in there.

My question is, with the AIO pack from prophour, where should I put lovershooker in my load order? I've checked a few load order posts and they don't list this mod. I am also running better cities. I have this mod just above better cities atm and thought it might not be working because I placed it incorrectly in my load order.

I enabled debug to console, and I was getting "player unavailable #3" for a time, then I got constantly "Player is in Chargen". When I ran ect I got "... #1" which I take is to be expected (only approached on walking).

Could you tell me what each # means, and also how to fix the "player is in chargen"? I disabled the alternative start mod, yet still get this constantly. Also, does auto-walk and direct control walking make any difference?

Thanks

If you are seeing "Hooker: Player is in Chargen" (After switching debugtext to on in the ini), type sqv charactergen. If Running? Yes, type Stopquest charactergen. It should work now.

Also, auto-walk, or manual walk do the same thing. My load order works, but if there is a better place for it, let me know.

This looks great, works well, thank you for your work Gaebrial, this mod really shines through now.

Hey' date=' I've given this another go, but I couldn't seem to get it to work. I'll turn off the alternative start mod and I have adjusted the .ini to let me have a better chance of picking up customers. The ini was easy to understand, thanks for the descriptions in there.

My question is, with the AIO pack from prophour, where should I put lovershooker in my load order? I've checked a few load order posts and they don't list this mod. I am also running better cities. I have this mod just above better cities atm and thought it might not be working because I placed it incorrectly in my load order.

I enabled debug to console, and I was getting "player unavailable #3" for a time, then I got constantly "Player is in Chargen". When I ran ect I got "... #1" which I take is to be expected (only approached on walking).

Could you tell me what each # means, [s']and also how to fix the "player is in chargen"? I disabled the alternative start mod, yet still get this constantly. Also, does auto-walk and direct control walking make any difference?[/s]

Thanks

If you are seeing "Hooker: Player is in Chargen" (After switching debugtext to on in the ini), type sqv charactergen. If Running? Yes, type Stopquest charactergen. It should work now.

Also, auto-walk, or manual walk do the same thing. My load order works, but if there is a better place for it, let me know.

This looks great, works well, thank you for your work Gaebrial, this mod really shines through now.

Load Order: Wherever you want. It should not make any difference. I have it roughly in the middle of the lovers plugins:

LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp

LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp

LoversTachiCat2.esp

LoversRaperS.esp

LoversBed.esp

LoversHooker.esp

LoversPayBandit.esp

Lovers with PK.esp

LoversBitch.esp

LoversStopCombatEx.esp

LoversSpermSplashEx.esp

LoversMB2.esp

Lovers3dorgasmMB2.esp

LoversLight.esp

LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp

LoversSoundVolumeDown.esp

The checks for whether the player is available to be approached are split into separate blocks, mainly for readability. The numbers on the 'player unavailable' debug messages are simply to tell me which block is being triggered.

#1 means the player is running, sneaking, swimming, fighting, riding a horse, or in jail.

#2 means the player is sleeping, sitting down, having sex, is knocked out, or has already got a client following them to somewhere quieter.

#3 means the player is unconscious, is being approached by somebody, or it's too soon since the last approach.

When I get around to doing the 'diary', which will probably be part of a spell-based menu (like the main Lovers menu), I may add in an option to stop the charactergen quest.

Thanks for that, I think any more additions would be icing on the cake, look forward to see what you add in.

I like the ini options, easy to modify to individual taste. Maybe it should be advertised more in the OP to let future users know they can solve the 'not enough/too many/why isn't this working?' themselves?

Defaults work well though, advertising it might help them understand the mod better, but yeah great stuff.

Do you have other mods or plans to do anything else?

Thanks for the "stopquest charactergen" command--that did the trick immediately!

I've gotta say, after trying out this mod for a bit, it's probably one of the best implementation of Lovers that I've seen. Makes the NPC's seem a bit more real, without being obtrusive.

If you're playing male character will female NPCs approach the player asking for service?

Yes. If you open up the ini file that's in data\ini\(lovershooker.ini)you can alter the options there to suit your tastes. The default is good, but for a male prostitute, more bias is for female prostitutes.

To disable male customers (or female) change sMaleFlag to 0 (to disable female clients, switch sFemaleFlag to 0). Both are active by default. You can change sMaleFactor (sFemaleFactor) to alter the chances of approach by either sex, sFemaleFactor is set lower than sMaleFactor by default, so you may want to change that. There are a number of other factors, but for a male prostitute, they would be the key things to change to suit your tastes.

Just dropping in to sound off and say I am loving this mod.

I like the ranks that you canadvance through and the fact that sometimes the Johns can back out if you are too expensive for them (it adds a nice touch of realism).

But the best part IMO? The TOGGLE option. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have been approached during cutscenes and have it break the game. Now, just turn it off, do the cutscene, and turn it back on - no muss, no fuss.

Thanks so very much