[Mods] xxdeathknight72 mods : Harpoon Gun, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Butchers Cleaver . . .

Welcome to the darkside :)

You might want to add them in the downloads section instead of as a post, assuming that's possible for new members.

He needs at least two posts.

I would say copyright would be the dispute.

I had the same idea, but I did not had time to check the mods.

"Boba Feet"? Big no-no for Nexus, because possible infringements of the "don't use any material or names under copyright".

Attempting to paywall mods and advertising patreon on mod pages and offering to make mods for people who donate.

They have already had lots of files removed for copyright infringement, and had files put into review mode for using ripped assets. From nexus forums.

so here is the skinny of it - 

First was the " They have already had lots of files removed for copyright infringement, and had files put into review mode for using ripped assets. From nexus forums."
That was my test Boba Fett Helmet I was given and used as I was modeling my own (I'm a 3D artist). So that was taken down but was back up the next day with my own model and test textures from substance painter.

Then I created a patreon so I figured I would just post a link in the description to see if any one would like to help a starving artist out lol. I wasnt holding files or forcing anyone to pay like they had implied in one of their posts, If you wanted a personal weapon or piece of armor created I was going to be taking commissions through patreon basically. WELP, they didnt give any notice and just shut everything I had worked on down.

Not to sound too big for my pants or anything but I did do alot to help other modders out. I was the first to modify the materials before the plugins came out. I spent days staring at FO4Edit trying to figure out how to modify grenades and mines. I was the first to bring in a custom mesh ( I know invalid fate had the saber but he just got that from another mod and slightly modified it.) Plus I found the harpoon gun but that was bound to be found eventually lol.

But what ever, I've been working on personal shit for a bit any way.

so here is the skinny of it - 

First was the " They have already had lots of files removed for copyright infringement, and had files put into review mode for using ripped assets. From nexus forums."

That was my test Boba Fett Helmet I was given and used as I was modeling my own (I'm a 3D artist). So that was taken down but was back up the next day with my own model and test textures from substance painter.

Then I created a patreon so I figured I would just post a link in the description to see if any one would like to help a starving artist out lol. I wasnt holding files or forcing anyone to pay like they had implied in one of their posts, If you wanted a personal weapon or piece of armor created I was going to be taking commissions through patreon basically. WELP, they didnt give any notice and just shut everything I had worked on down.

Not to sound too big for my pants or anything but I did do alot to help other modders out. I was the first to modify the materials before the plugins came out. I spent days staring at FO4Edit trying to figure out how to modify grenades and mines. I was the first to bring in a custom mesh ( I know invalid fate had the saber but he just got that from another mod and slightly modified it.) Plus I found the harpoon gun but that was bound to be found eventually lol.

But what ever, I've been working on personal shit for a bit any way.

I am sorry for what happen but Nexus is really strict on "petreonage".

Here you can post your mods. You cannot still use part from other mods without permission. But if you use a "Boba Feet" inspiration, nobody cares.

And you can post a Patreon link for yourself.

Welcome to a different way to be a modder.

Keep up, [i suppose] people are loving what you are doing.

I am sorry for what happen but Nexus is really strict on "petreonage".

Here you can post your mods. You cannot still use part from other mods without permission. But if you use a "Boba Feet" inspiration, nobody cares.

And you can post a Patreon link for yourself.

Welcome to a different way to be a modder.

Keep up, [i suppose] people are loving what you are doing.

Oh man that is awesome, thank you so much for the reply.

I was actually just reading through the rules to see what was allowed here lol

in the community rules it does  state:

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content. 

So It looks like I will have to revamp my patreon if I do decide to put it in my signature due to it technically promising a mod in return for patronage.

It's all good tho, I'm just glad I found a more open community :D

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content. 

So It looks like I will have to revamp my patreon if I do decide to put it in my signature due to it technically promising a mod in return for patronage.

Let me explain this rule (that HAS to be respected).

You say: pay me and I will do a mod for you: banned.

You post somewhere a Patreon link, without requiring to patronize you: accepted.

I would say copyright would be the dispute.

I had the same idea, but I did not had time to check the mods.

"Boba Feet"? Big no-no for Nexus, because possible infringements of the "don't use any material or names under copyright".

Well they allow the use of names, words and phrases like "Star Wars" "Samus" "Lara Croft" so its more likely to be meshes. But the trouble with Nexus is they accept any report of ripped mesh as true regardless of whether the person reporting even downloaded the mod to check.

They have a donation system set up on the nexus it's listed in their TOS (Term of service). Going through their donation system you wouldn't of had a problem if you had used it as that is the only form they allow there anything else will result in warning/ban depending on the severity. 

That's pretty funny that you have to download a mod and wait X amount of time before you can rate a mod but you can report something without even downloading it seems pretty stupid. A person shouldn't be able to report something unless they downloaded it.

You post somewhere a Patreon link, without requiring to patronize you: accepted.

Hmm I read that as its ok to let people know you take commissions just don't put any direct links here and be discrete about it?

Hmm I read that as its ok to let people know you take commissions just don't put any direct links here and be discrete about it?

Let me try to be more clear:

* I will do mods for you if you pay me: accepted. But do not publicize it.

* I do free mod, please support me: accepted.

* here is my mod but to get the full version you have to pay me: banned.

"We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content. "

Let me try to be more clear:

* I will do mods for you if you pay me: accepted. But do not publicize it.

* I do free mod, please support me: accepted.

that is not just a loverslab rule though. that is the actual bethesda electronic user license agreement as well. and technically, the patreon stuff is against the eula, but we are skirting around the edges of it with statements like "you arent paying for my mods or the time, you're just being awesome"

snip

"banned" is a bit strong.  Warned and offending file removed after it is investigated is more like it.

We make you work pretty hard to get banned here.   :P

Welcome to the Lab!

In Patreon you could set up a system where people get to vote each week/month for a new project. So all 1$ patrons get 1 vote. 5$ get 3 votes and etc...

That way you are doing commissions but not really.

For example Lara Croft guns, Hellsing Guns, Clint east wood guns and etc... "now vote so I know what to make this month!"

And so on.

Its good to have you back friend. i will be reinstalling FO4 very soon to get back to work on that chestplate. probably going to start from scratch this time that way i can have both the male and female nifs working this time.

Archived