Now I don't know. I prep for putting up last night's version I re-made the male skeleton from scratch and presto, the feet have moved back. Maybe I had some error in there that was getting in the way. This is what I have now (in V0.4):

tumblr_o5ur447Lh81rctv3mo1_500.jpg

tumblr_o5ur87bFl81rctv3mo1_500.jpg

If you drop a vertical from his shoulder it goes right down through hip and footpad. Check it out and see what you see.

Dude! Hell yeah. Playing around with it right now, I think it would look a bit more natural if you made the foot a tiny bit shorter and thickened it back up (the lower legs look a bit starved for muscle! Perhaps someone has been skipping leg day...). Would make for a bit less of a bent leg and more perceived stability, Keeping the foot shorter also prevents the texture from stretching too much. Though I think thickening lower legs / foot back up even without changing the length would help.

I'll look at thickening up the calf. I'm at the mercy of the body model a bit there, but I think part of what's going on is that I scaled the calf down slightly to get everything where I wanted it. Now that the toes are where they should be, maybe I can scale it back up and shorten the foot a tad.

Faun boots, huh? I think I'd rather do a whole faun lower body. I suppose then you'd run into trouble with bare-legged armor. And then would it need a sheathing peen? Of course it would. Ugh. And there'd have to be a little faun community, probably down in the forests of Falkreath...

Another variant...

Using the tiger model because it's easier to see what's going on. So: Foot is shorter and therefore thicker, keeps the same angle, and I think looks pretty good. BUT the compression around the angle is pretty much sucky. Looks like the first round of points below the seam is not compressing nicely, forcing the mesh below it to take all the compression. And I can't get back any of that space without bending the legs more to lift the end of the calf, which seems like a loser to me.

So I'm going to take a crack at reweighting the mesh slightly and see if I can deal with the problem that way. I might give the pads a little more shape while I'm at it.

tumblr_o5ytsb7tYB1rctv3mo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o5yt8bWBKA1rctv3mo1_400.jpg

tumblr_o5yt8bWBKA1rctv3mo3_540.jpg

tumblr_o5yt8bWBKA1rctv3mo4_540.jpg

I feel like goldilocks some days. Length seems to be too short now, I think ideal in between this and the prev., leaning heavily towards the previous revision. Furthermore, the size of the pad still seems small relative to the ankle. I can also see reducing the ankle size as before, but not quite as much and keeping the rest of the foot scaled up. But, the pad should be pretty wide and tall, tapering up from the ankle.

EDIT: I built a ref sheet to help.

post-239356-0-61720200-1461233817_thumb.jpg

So far, not playing with the mesh at all. So pad vs. ankle could be adjusted some once the basic shape is set. I think the difference you're seeing is that scaling the calf bone does carry down into the top of the foot some.

I dunno if I can square the circle on lengthening the foot. Either the knee has to be bent more, giving the whole stance more of a crouching look, or I have to go back to scaling the calf, leading to skinny lower legs. I can try scaling it not quite as much, but I'm not sure if the results will be good.

Again. This time I scaled both thigh and calf down very slightly to reduce the spindly effect in the calf. Feet are longer and the angle is fairly steep. Legs aren't very much bent. I scaled up the pads a bit, not sure if you can tell--I don't want to get too much of the clown shoe effect.

I'm thinking this is good.

tumblr_o659kfEaAS1rctv3mo1_400.jpg

tumblr_o659kfEaAS1rctv3mo2_400.jpg

tumblr_o659kfEaAS1rctv3mo3_400.jpg

tumblr_o659kfEaAS1rctv3mo4_500.jpg

tumblr_o659kfEaAS1rctv3mo5_400.jpg

Sure, later today. I played with it some yesterday and I'm still mostly happy except I might be able to clean up the connection at the ankle a bit. Looks fine normally, a bit off during some of the sex animations. That will be just skeleton changes, not mesh changes.

I'll look at thickening up the calf. I'm at the mercy of the body model a bit there, but I think part of what's going on is that I scaled the calf down slightly to get everything where I wanted it. Now that the toes are where they should be, maybe I can scale it back up and shorten the foot a tad.

Faun boots, huh? I think I'd rather do a whole faun lower body. I suppose then you'd run into trouble with bare-legged armor. And then would it need a sheathing peen? Of course it would. Ugh. And there'd have to be a little faun community, probably down in the forests of Falkreath...

Have little midget satyrs to.  B)

This has got to be one of the most epic things I've seen, only (possibly) eclipsed by your sheath SOS mod. I'm going to have to work this into my loadout, as soon as I figure out the cause of my CTDs.

(In regards to that, for whatever reason, it seems related to AS:LAL, though removing it changes the CTDs to infinite load screens. Go figure. Not asking you to fix my problems, just making typing random things while waiting on the caffeine to work its way out of my system.)

So... yeah. I think I'll download your tiger mesh mod and use that for now. Been a while since I used a "furry" texture for khajiit.

I was fighting CTDs in my game for months. They'd start after I got to level 5-8 and get progressively worse until the game was unplayable. I tried to fix it by starting with a minimal load order and adding mods until it broke, but was never able to isolate the mod causing the problem. I finally decided that maybe the game engine doesn't actually like adding mods to a game. I loaded up all the ones I like and had used without problems, and have been going fine since. 

I was fighting CTDs in my game for months. They'd start after I got to level 5-8 and get progressively worse until the game was unplayable. I tried to fix it by starting with a minimal load order and adding mods until it broke, but was never able to isolate the mod causing the problem. I finally decided that maybe the game engine doesn't actually like adding mods to a game. I loaded up all the ones I like and had used without problems, and have been going fine since. 

And... that's pretty much what i've ended up doing. I found that even on a minimal load order, I can't get Alternate Start: LAL to work without crashing, despite redownloading several times. Idk. So I'm just using Maria Eden's Quickstart to get my character going, and moving on from there. (IDK how it will treat the main storyline, haven't tried it yet). Reinstalled skyrim after verifying alone didn't fix it, ran tes5edit to clean everything, and now the game seems reasonably stable, though I still sometimes have infinite loads when changing zones. Ah well. I'll get it working sometime. In the meantime, I'm playing Dark Souls. Over halfway through now, for the first time. In hindsight, I shouldn't have read a guide for NG, but I kept getting lost and finding my way into enemies that 1-shot me, or drained all my stamina on a block. Wasn't fun. And now I realize that I'm off topic, and need to sleep.

Just the ones that start with BD. Thigh, calf, foot, and toe0 on each side. They're on top of the NPC nodes. Don't get confused by the nodes labeled with "C" and I think "B"--those are for the dismemberment mod.

I would think that the Lykaios race http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64466/? would likely need to have the feet mesh custom-built for it, not to mention coloring.

Bad Dog, I can't wait to use this in my playthough. The only thing stopping me is i still can't stand the female mesh included by default. Though, I don't want a ton of extra work on your part, so I'm fine with waiting till you finalize the foot mesh. I'm not a modder, so I really don't know what's involved in making skeletons, meshes and the like. I still think your stuff looks amazing though.

If you were interested in some reference images, there's always the possibility of looking at Tom Fischbach's Digitigrade tutorial, on how he draws his digitigrade characters at least. http://twokinds.deviantart.com/art/Tkturials-Digitigrade-Legs-Guide-439423997

Though, he tends to go for visual appeal, as opposed to "realism". YMMV.

Character reference here http://twokinds.deviantart.com/art/Flora-Character-Sheet-2015-524223313