I think I'll take the day off on this project tommorow but will make a WIP on LoversLab and Nexus. I miss working in Unreal Engine and haven't for a while. Mostly just have the sky set up and making some final tweaks to the landscape.

Anyways, any step by step

(example)

_

_

information would be helpful because as mentioned above, it's all very confusing. And I kind of think that the Creation Kit and NifSkope aren't the greatest applications with a lack of tutorials accept for weapons and armor. At this point, I'm a bit paranoid about every step I make so that it can work with Skyrim.

On the WIP, I plan to explain that I'll be looking for some partners (such as HDT, possible skeletons, armor, mod compatibility patches)  that are willing to do some of the work. I'll likely be taking over the artsy stuff since I am very picky. With the conditions that the mod and future mods will be uploaded to LoversLab, and the Nexus with endorsements disabled. Anyone can make mods for the mod so long as it requires this mod, and future mods will try to be merged for a low .esp count.

Since the mouth is done, how would I go about putting all these .OBJ files back into mouthkhajiitfemale.tri? Then I would assume that I have to replace the current mouthkhajiitfemale.nif?

https://gyazo.com/da9a682425ba465b44015f4e9057b1fc

I hope I don't have to do anything else since all I did was move the teeth poly and convert it back to .obj. Do I have to rebuild weights for this too?

So, nifskope and the Creation Kit only opens .nif files, and other files can't open .tri files. The tri files have to be divided into multiple .obj files in order to be imported to another application one at a time. I need to convert all the obj files back into a single .tri file. Then I need to create a new mouthkhajiitfemale.nif out of both the mouthkhajiitfemale.tri and the mouthkhajiitfemalechargen.tri but as a separate file, then pack all three into a single BSA.

All three files are needed but not all three can be uploaded to the creation kit to make the BSA correct? This is very confusing.

Of course I don't mind uploading the files here. It's just to test and I am going to have to put the head and mouth into a single BSA but maybe not the body.

Have you actually edited the morphs? Or have you only tweaked the base mouthkhajiitfemale.obj? I guess the latter, right? If so, then I'm not even sure touching the .tri is required. As I said before, Catlike Khajiit replaces the base head.nif without touching the head.obj inside the .tri, but morphs still work fine. In fact, you don't even need the .tri to build the .nif, just converting the base edited .obj into a .nif will do it. All that exporting the .tri and stuff was only to be 100% sure the new mesh would be compatible with the current morphs (in the case of the mouth, that is. Heads did need to export and reimport the .tri with the new _0 neck for the "SkinnyMorph" morph or else characters with less than 100 weight would probably have bugs).

You do need to replace the old mouthkhajiitfemale.nif with you new one. The same will apply to the head when it comes to getting it ingame.

Since I don't think the mouth has any special bone weights (it's probably just weighted to the head bone and that's it), you could try with this tool: Mesh Tool N1 - MeshInjector. If global mesh placement and polycount and stuff are all the same, you should be able to use it to "inject" your new mouth .obj into the original mouth .nif while keeping weight painting and everything else. Again, the same will probably apply to the head, though in that case it may be good to run it through 3DS Max afterwards to make sure weights and stuff are all right, or to tweak them for the new neck.

I think I'll take the day off on this project tommorow but will make a WIP on LoversLab and Nexus. I miss working in Unreal Engine and haven't for a while. Mostly just have the sky set up and making some final tweaks to the landscape.

Anyways, any step by step

(example)

_

_

information would be helpful because as mentioned above, it's all very confusing. And I kind of think that the Creation Kit and NifSkope aren't the greatest applications with a lack of tutorials accept for weapons and armor. At this point, I'm a bit paranoid about every step I make so that it can work with Skyrim.

On the WIP, I plan to explain that I'll be looking for some partners (such as HDT, possible skeletons, armor, mod compatibility patches)  that are willing to do some of the work. I'll likely be taking over the artsy stuff since I am very picky. With the conditions that the mod and future mods will be uploaded to LoversLab, and the Nexus with endorsements disabled. Anyone can make mods for the mod so long as it requires this mod, and future mods will try to be merged for a low .esp count.

Sorry for not being able to provide such instructions, but I've never tried getting headparts and the like into Skyrim, only armor/clothing, so I don't know the process. Someone else may be able to help you with that, though.

Conditions sound about right, BTW. Can't see anything wrong there, so there's that.

[stuff]

[More stuff]

Okay, I can confirm the MeshInjector program works just fine for what you need.

I took a modified MouthKhajiitFemale.nif that includes big sabre teeth (link to the mod that has it is in my last post in the Yiffy Age thread, for anybody interested), and exported the mouth as an .obj. I then used MeshInjector to inject that Sabre teeth mouth .obj into the vanilla MouthKhajiitFemale.nif and loaded the game. The mouth loaded fine and all morphs worked as intended, so I guess it should work for you as well. Make sure to follow the instructions and it should work flawlessly.

Not sure if heads will work as well, but I guess it's a matter of giving it a try and seeing if it works ingame.

Well, I imported the nif into 3DS Max and all seemed fine, then I exported it as an obj then into Zbrush and noticed that a bone came along with the mouth. The bone seemed to have been converted into a mesh.

https://gyazo.com/8a6aa7921c3215d98fa2495977bb5874

I did not get it through the nif file at the time which is why I used the triextractor. So the only thing I could get was the obj files and the only one that really seemed editable was the mouthkhajiitfemale.obj. With that in mind yes, I only edited the tri files because by name they seemed like the only files containing the mesh and thought that the nif file is a combination of the rest making it compatible for Skyrim.

Will try the mesh injector.

Well, I imported the nif into 3DS Max and all seemed fine, then I exported it as an obj then into Zbrush and noticed that a bone came along with the mouth. The bone seemed to have been converted into a mesh.

I did not get it through the nif file at the time which is why I used the triextractor. So the only thing I could get was the obj files and the only one that really seemed editable was the mouthkhajiitfemale.obj. With that in mind yes, I only edited the tri files because by name they seemed like the only files containing the mesh and thought that the nif file is a combination of the rest making it compatible for Skyrim.

You have to play with the OBJ export options to find the right combination, and of course I have no idea which one it is. Maybe you could try just using the "Export OBJ" option in NifSkope, that is the one I've used so far and it seems to work fine.

You have to play with the OBJ export options to find the right combination, and of course I have no idea which one it is. Maybe you could try just using the "Export OBJ" option in NifSkope, that is the one I've used so far and it seems to work fine.

After exporting through NIfSkope as an obj, both the mouth and head appeared exactly the same as with the other obj files from the tri file. So that's good. I would still like to figure out how to put them all back into a tri file after the Nif.

Update:

So I have the new mouth in NifSkope but the size, rotation, and position are different. I am not familiar at all with NifSkope and do not know how to fix this. Is there a size, rotation, and position coordinates that I can just copy and past to the new one?  I can't even zoom in to specific areas with this application.

After some thought since it will save me a lot of work time, I'll be releasing my models as a modders resource. This way, anyone can tweak it as they like, create their own version of high poly, low poly, CBBE, or UNP. So long as whatever I upload stays in  the Skyrim modding community. This way I can start learning how to use Side FX Houdini. Currently, Unreal Engine 4.13 still has a crash problem when compiling shaders after you weight-blend them for painting. That or it's the LAM blueprint I'm using.

Anyway, they will be in a Zbrush file and an OBJ file. So feel free to use them for your own mods. It should allow people to be more creative with them. I'll have it up on the Nexus, Nexus SSE, and loversLab by tonight or tomorrow.

After some thought since it will save me a lot of work time, I'll be releasing my models as a modders resource. This way, anyone can tweak it as they like, create their own version of high poly, low poly, CBBE, or UNP. So long as whatever I upload stays in  the Skyrim modding community. This way I can start learning how to use Side FX Houdini. Currently, Unreal Engine 4.13 still has a crash problem when compiling shaders after you weight-blend them for painting. That or it's the LAM blueprint I'm using.

Anyway, they will be in a Zbrush file and an OBJ file. So feel free to use them for your own mods. It should allow people to be more creative with them. I'll have it up on the Nexus, Nexus SSE, and loversLab by tonight or tomorrow.

Oh, well, it's a little sad to hear you will no longer work on this, at least for the near future, but I completely understand your reasons. Hopefully someone with the skills and knowledge required to get everything working ingame will step up and use your resources to build the mod. Who knows, I may even give it a try if I ever learn advanced modelling and such.

Anyway, please do keep us updated on the development of your project, it sounds really interesting, and I would like to hear about it  :lol: .

Oh, well, it's a little sad to hear you will no longer work on this, at least for the near future, but I completely understand your reasons. Hopefully someone with the skills and knowledge required to get everything working ingame will step up and use your resources to build the mod. Who knows, I may even give it a try if I ever learn advanced modelling and such.

Anyway, please do keep us updated on the development of your project, it sounds really interesting, and I would like to hear about it  :lol: .

Thanks! I will upload some information when Unreal Engine (Epic Games) gets their shit together. in 4.12 they had some compatibility issues and in 4.13 they added new landscape features but created a bug that causes crashes for a lot of people. Guess I have to wait. for 4.14 then for assets to be updated for it.

All of the modeling is done. All that really needs to be done are the UVs and to lower the polycount to whatever the person sees fit. I did not include UVs so people could make their own to adjust for a body type like CBBE or UNP.

It's already available to download here.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/80112?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3661?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/69342-khajiit-body-overhaul-for-modders/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

any chance for an SSE conversion? vanila khajiits are fuggly...lol

Agreed on vanilla khajiits being ugly, though this uses SKSE iirc. Well, not SKSE, I guess i'm thinking of Yiffy Age. I know that Catlike Khajiit loads without problems  in SSE, despite not being made for SSE. Can't imagine playing without Catlike Khajiit at this point.

On a related note, anyone know of any SKSE plugins with source available that do node transformation?

Maybe NiOverride? AFAIK it's what XPMSE uses for its node management, like moving the weapon placement nodes around or the RaceMenu bone edit sliders. Not 100% sure about that, though.

I don't think the source is published though?

The source for the NiOverride Papyrus scripts is included with both the standalone plugin and the one integrated in RaceMenu.

If you mean the source for the actual SKSE plugin, I haven't been able to find it, but maybe if you contact expired they may be willing to help you with it or even share the plugin source.

I don't think the source is published though?

The source for the NiOverride Papyrus scripts is included with both the standalone plugin and the one integrated in RaceMenu.

If you mean the source for the actual SKSE plugin, I haven't been able to find it, but maybe if you contact expired they may be willing to help you with it or even share the plugin source.

I was hoping to have a SKSE native plugin to try and use Skyrim's IK solve to place feet in a digi position.

Cool. Post how it goes.

I've been held up on any feet improvements because I'm not happy with the squashing-and-unsquashing method I've been using. It's not only finicky, it's logically impossible: I want the toes to bend sharply at the ball of the foot, but I want the foot itself to extend linearly and evenly from heel to ball, and I've only got the toe bone and heel bone to work with. I don't even know how the feet are working as well as they are right now.

So I'm going to see if I can parent the mesh to a skeleton that's already deformed the way I want it. I've always been parenting using the bones from the vanilla foot mesh, which is why I have to squash the foot first. If I can figure out how to parent to the deformed skeleton, then I shouldn't have to squash the foot at all. But if it's not all exact there will be a seam at the shin.

(Alternatively, maybe I could add a bone to the skeleton that would act just like the toe bone but wouldn't be rotated to angle the toes up. Then the shaft of the foot could tie to the new bone, so it would scale evenly, but the toe could be rotated. I don't know how animations would handle the new bone though--it would have to move with the toe bone for them to work.)

Two things to ry.

My current thought is the best solution is to use a semi digi skeleton with minimal stretching (for example, the "crouch" skeleton variation I made) simply to extend the possible length of the foot paired with an SKSE plugin to dynamically correct the position of the toe towards where the heel would be planted based on the change in angel between the toe and heel bones. AKA,  in the normal standing position, correct fully towards heel (since we know the heel is on the "floor"), and at a certain threshold of bending (where heel leaves ground and toe is primary point of contact) revert to standard position where digi toe matches normal toe, interpolating between the two as needed. This method could also potentially skip the custom skeleton entirely, making necessary adjustments to the skeleton to add foot length on the fly as well.

Worth trying. Let us know how it goes. I need to get the next rev of YA out and then maybe I'll look at feet again.

Edit: But I'd love to fool with the animations. How hard can it be to import and animation, make a small tweak, and export again? Frex, I'd love to tuck the balls up against the body when sneaking instead of having them drag in the dust...