View File

This mod gives khajiit cat-like digitigrade feet. It's SOS compatible and can run with my Hoodie Schlongs, which gives them sheaths.

V1 had a bunch of different options and is still available. I'll do more options for V2 but people have to bug me for what they want--what people care about, they'll get.

In this version:

• Real digitigrade feet using the high heels mechanism.
  • Nice foot mesh made by Nightromodz; hand claws made by me.
  • Anatomically complete males and females.
  • HDT is built in. Jiggles and animated pussy comes for free.
  • Males use the SOS body, females a UUNP body. Males get a loincloth if they don't have a schlong. (If you prefer another body or other textures, load them after this mod.)

Installation

Load in this order:

• HDT Physics Extentions (optional)
  • SOS (optional)
  • Bad Dog's Hoodie Schlongs (optional)
  • This mod

Quirks

The khajiit have odd-shaped feet, right? So don't expect to be able to pull boots off any random bandit and have them fit your feet. Besides, they'd rather run around barefoot than jam on boots. Accordingly, you'll find that khajiit you encounter are generally barefoot.

Practically, doing custom boots is a big job and it turns out that making all the khajiit in the game barefoot is also a big job. So I didn't do it. Instead, most boots and shoes are invisible when khajiit equip them. You still get the armor bonus and magic buff, if any. You just can't see them. There are a few boots/shoes I missed, some I thought actually looked okay and left.

Note that I've modified the khajiit race to use a unique skeleton. The mod will conflict with any other mod that mucks with the khajiit race. Upside, it's not actually overwriting anything in your skeleton replacer for other races.

Nice, heh. Now, just need someone to create all new boot models, and create new 3-jointed walking animations.

As a note, If using 3.77 of XPMSE, in the femalre skelton, you should just make this one change as mentioned in the XPMSE changelog:

"Corrected Hip bones names, without skeleton version change"

In the female skeleton, the hip names are reversed. NPC -> NPC Root -> NPC COM -> CME Body -> CME LBody -> NPC Pelvis -> CME Pelvis -- Here the Left and Right hip node names are reversed.

@boo, right. Give me another week or so. I am resisting the urge to completely redo from scratch.

@PG, I did notice that, but figured if it was working for everyone else I'd better not muck with it. I can make that change.

Hey, do you know what the note about rigging the tail to the XPMSE tail bones implies? I'm seeing the stupid misplaced tail bug on sleeping animations--also when riding nude, the tail sticks out of one butt cheek. Would re-rigging the tail fix that?

So... I loaded this mod before XPSE, making sure i didn't have any foot or skeleton replacers other than XPSE. (Currently, XPSE is overwriting Realistic Ragdolls and Force, but that's it.) According to MO, your Digitigrade mod isn't overwriting or replacing any files, and it has no .esp.

When I load a new game, females have the default foot textures, and males have some... corrupted garbage. Still plantigrade though. Now, I'm pretty sure that it's a conflict with one of the body replacers I have, since I'm almost certain I don't have anything overwriting the Khajiit skeleton.

But just in case it's a compatibility issue, is there an easy way to tell if there's a conflict, since none of my body replacers have an esp, afaik, and your mod isn't appearing to conflict with anything in MO?

Jeezuz. Download 0.2, you really need the esp.

With that, you should be okay. The digitigrade feet use the vanilla foot UV layout, but that's provided by this mod, so even if you're using an SOS or other body that lays the feet out differently, the foot mesh will pick up the right texture. The foot texture has its own name so it doesn't conflict.

Equipping the naked feet with a script is interesting, but (a) scripts, cloak spells, yuck and (B) then khajiit have human shaped feet with boots on but digitigrade feet when they're off? Sounds painful.

Alright, it actually works ingame now. One thing though... It seems to replace the body of the khajiit, which overwrites Feminine Khajiit Textures. Not horrible, but as there's no conflict in MO, there's no way to ensure that your body textures don't overwrite the Feminine Khajiit ones.

I attempted to work around this by replacing your body and head textures. This worked fine for the male textures, but not for the females. I can see the different textures not matching up, but I've gotten used to not having the "matted fur" look of vanilla, and kinda would like to keep using the ones I'm used to.

EDIT: I don't want to come across as "needy", as I've been waiting for a skilled modder to make a Digitigrade skeleton that actually works with XMSE. I tried making one of the older skeletons (which, iirc, had decent animations as well) work, but since I've not actually done any modding, i was in way over my head. Thanks for actually taking up the ball, and making a nice looking digitigrade mod.

Not replacing the body, but the feet and body are in the same texturefile. I considered using a separate file for the feet and maybe I didn't. But even if I do, the feet probably won't match the body texture in that mod. Lemme look around, I can probably do an easy patch to make them work together.

New version up with better meshes and textures. 

boo, I think this is final unless someone points out something nasty. I could keep mucking with it, but given that I have to match the body's shin, there's a limit to what I can do that won't look silly. Let me know how you want to handle the boot meshes. Currently, most of the boots reference a single barefoot khajiit AA. For a few, I created a separate khajiit-specific AA which referenced a special external mesh (which is just the same barefoot mesh). If you just want to fire them at me and I'll roll them in, that's easy enough--or I can go through and create the AA's now and you can drop the meshes in the right folders as you get them done.

Edit: Oh, havent' dealt with the feminine khajiit textures yet. That will be an add-on.

I can imagine. So there's a mod on the nexus called Unique Beast Races on the nexus which just released. It's doing digitigrade purely through mesh edits. (mod ID 49036). And while I like the general proportions of the digitigrade feet there, the fact that the skeleton isn't edited makes the animations look a bit funky. Furthermore, the meshes use a custom UV map leaving massive seams, and the Khajiit feet model leaves a bit to be desired. However, they've also already done a bunch of armor conversions, so it's also a potential resource for that.

Howabout this for the feet:

tumblr_o5pczxQgCe1rctv3mo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o5pcz14OsG1rctv3mo1_540.jpg

Less extreme. Maybe not enough of a difference from plantigrade feet, I dunno.

boo, I went looking for that mod and didn't find it. That mod number is first-person view or something. I think I saw the one you're talking about tho, which just raised the heel some on the barefoot mesh. 

Gonna see what's up with that awful seam, not sure where it's coming from. 

Whatever I do, I can't get the toes to move further back under the body. I don't know what it is--something about the standing animation must set their position. Moving them in the skeleton just doesn't move them in game. 

Also, some stuff that seems fine standing messes up in other positions.

So here's what I've got now.

tumblr_o5qzg2P8Bw1rctv3mo1_400.jpg

tumblr_o5qzfjyLl01rctv3mo1_540.jpg

Hmmm. It's close, just need to find a way to pull the toes back., and have the front of the foot be as large as the ankle. Ideally the pad should have a bit more surface area hitting the ground. What bones do you have to work with? Perhaps the toe weight needs to be adjusted on the mesh?

Moving the bones in the skeleton isn't doing it. Apparently the game is sure that bone belongs in that position, damn what the skeleton nif says.

I tell you the one thing that might work---maybe if I pull the mesh back relative to the bone that would do it. It might go haywire when the toe is rotated up for squatting... but it might not. Looks like the toes need to end just about where the pads start in the current mesh. Not at all sure this will work, but I'll give it a try.