You also need old versions of 3ds max for the NIF exporter to work. Through my job I have legitimate, expensive access to Autodesk suites including 3ds max 2014, 2015, 2016, but I'd be wasting time to use any of it. I torrented an old cracked version and feel zero guilt.

In other news, I figured out how to unwrap UV maps today at lunch, and I hope to have a fully operational file later tonight.

True to my word and one brain hernia later: 

I have unwrapped the UVs, applied textures, and gotten one VERY colorful vacbed into skyrim. In the process I irretrievably lost my collision box. Oh well, I'll fix that next I guess. Also, I will be replacing the crazy textures with a flat, non-rainbow color.

Tomorrow night I should have a final version of the vacbed uploaded and ready for action. 

post-269220-0-01801100-1460008660_thumb.jpg

True to my word and one brain hernia later: 

I have unwrapped the UVs, applied textures, and gotten one VERY colorful vacbed into skyrim. In the process I irretrievably lost my collision box. Oh well, I'll fix that next I guess. Also, I will be replacing the crazy textures with a flat, non-rainbow color.

Tomorrow night I should have a final version of the vacbed uploaded and ready for action. 

maybe a noob question, but in whitch mod should we be expecting this. and is i only a vacbed or is there more content

maybe a noob question, but in whitch mod should we be expecting this. and is i only a vacbed or is there more content

I originally committed to making some models when Greyspammer, maker of "Trapped in Rubber" started a patreon and said some of the money might go toward commissioning new furniture, clothing, etc.

I volunteered to make some things and started with the vacbed, which has turned out to be more complicated than I anticipated. You can check out the support topic of that thread for the discussion/pics leading up to this.

So, I would first expect it in Trapped in Rubber--although I don't know how soon he plans to release an update. Alternatively, I do plan (in a couple weeks realistically) to add tiny mod which has a room you can teleport to and see the various things I'm adding to the game, arranged into something of a scene. It won't be "playable" per se, but it'll be a user-friendly way of seeing what this mod has to offer other mods.

Bottom line, at this point--there are neither. Just some beta versions of a couple models which have incomplete material/texture settings.

I would love it if more mods picked up these features in the future though. Gotta have something to show first, I suppose.

Good topic , rubber products only 1 suit and 1 gasmask  ,add more models(Nif-format) please :)

end need to create a test cell as Zaz Test zone

I will create a "test zone" soon. 

I have MANY more objects to add, but I have to go back to fix their textures first.  Later tonight I will have more NIFs ready, if all goes well.

I expect to make great progress this week and release a near-final package by the end of it. I hope to also include an .esp at this point for everyone to see.

Most noteworthy among the changes is that I have animated the Vacbed to include light struggling and breathing. I don't have it working in skyrim yet, but it's perfect in nifscope, which is saying a lot. I just have to Frankenstein some nodes around from previous working Vacbed versions and hopefully it'll be a success.

What's actively imported to skyrim at this point:

A dozen lengths and shapes of hose.

Two metal stands to hold various bags, hoses, or other devices

a half dozen hose connectors and valves, or ports.

The static Vacbed

Left to do:

Import animated Vacbed

Various bags, empty/full variations

Funnel

Rebreathers. Static empty, static full, and animated

Bad news to report--my animations do not, and will never work. Bethesda dropped support in skyrim (maybe back in fallout 3?) for boneless morpher animations. "NiGeomMorpherController" could cause crashes if conflicting with KF animations.

And it looked SO GOOD.

So, I'm working on a skeleton-based animation but it's another learning curve I wasn't prepared for.

For now, I plan to go back to my original plan of releasing the models I do have, in their static form. Animations are something I am definitely interested in, but it'll have to come later.

Great!! Thanks for checking it out. I wasn't sure I packaged the ESP correctly since it was my first time.

Also, my skeleton-based animated vacbed is coming along nicely in 3ds Max. Whether or not it successfully reaches Skyrim... is too soon to say. I've learned to temper my optimism a bit.  But the odds are good I'm on a salvageable/correct path. Once I get animation down, there will be so many more interesting things to make. 

• 4 weeks later...

Great!! Thanks for checking it out. I wasn't sure I packaged the ESP correctly since it was my first time.

Also, my skeleton-based animated vacbed is coming along nicely in 3ds Max. Whether or not it successfully reaches Skyrim... is too soon to say. I've learned to temper my optimism a bit.  But the odds are good I'm on a salvageable/correct path. Once I get animation down, there will be so many more interesting things to make. 

Did you ever managed to make the vacbed animated?

Hey, sorry for the long silence.

I've been busy at work and trying to renovate my home on a timeline, so that has left me stressed and with very little free time.

Regarding animation--animation is a pain in the ass and it's determined NOT to work. The thing is, there are some big differences between what you can animate in 3Ds Max, (pretty much anything, very powerful program) what you can export from 3Ds Max to Niskope and still have animated, (picky NF file format, lots of arcane syntax to fix) and worst yet--what creation kit can load into Skyrim. Which is very little.

I had two animated vacbeds that looked good in 3Ds Max. One of those exported perfectly to Nifskope, but crashed creation kit because of a deliberate choice by Bethesda to drop support for the NiGeomMorpherController node.  The skeletonized vacbed fails to export an animation.

I went back to basics, tried making a ball that would squish and unsquish with a single elongating bone. The problem I ran into was that morpher animations of any type seem extremely picky.  It is, however, pretty very easy to make objects scale, rotate, or move. But that's crap--rubber is stretchy, and that's the sort of animation I want to make work. So, the first keyframe of the ball, in a squished state, would just scale in proportion with the elongating bone instead of stretch vertically like it was supposed to.

Before my various obligations piled up a couple weeks ago, I had one more lead that could make boned animations work. There was a turtorial I was trying to follow that... involed Havok Content Tools, and "baking" the animation into the mesh.

How this differs from NiGeomMorpherController, I do not know, but the example was a Hagraven animation, so I know it's at least relevant to skyrim (and not Oblivion, which has little in common now.)

FINALLY, I may drop my efforts on static meshes, and take a new track. It's a very promising idea I believe: There is a HUGE amount of documentation on how to make custom clothes in skyrim... and also custom character animations. So what if the vacbed is technically clothing? My plan is to take the basic catsuit mesh used in the Trapped in Rubber mod, and alter it. give it rectangular perimeter points which are tied to a stationary bone in the body.  (pelvis I believe, or maybe head for my purposes.)

Then, a mod can remove player controls, position the player (or other NPCs) in the appropriate location, and enable the struggle animation. 

If the player got free and was running around in a giant rectangular suit, that'd look ridiculous... however, I think it's the most practical way to get to an animated vacbed, and will then be very versatile at that.

So, those are my plans. For timeline, I'm still pretty busy, but work stresses are winding down and soon the renovation will too. I will get back to this--it's not forgotten. Maybe within a month I'll have something new to show.

One of the things I have seen done is to quite literally clothe the avatar in latex and then place it so half the avatar is in front of the vacbed and the other half is behind it. If the vacbed texture (latex) and the avatar texture (also latex) are matched, it looks as though the character is trapped inside of the vacbed. You can then animate the character without issue. So you make a more or less static vacbed which consists of a perfectly flat sheet and then place a latexed avatar halfway into it....

Hey, sorry for the long silence.

I've been busy at work and trying to renovate my home on a timeline, so that has left me stressed and with very little free time.

Regarding animation--animation is a pain in the ass and it's determined NOT to work. The thing is, there are some big differences between what you can animate in 3Ds Max, (pretty much anything, very powerful program) what you can export from 3Ds Max to Niskope and still have animated, (picky NF file format, lots of arcane syntax to fix) and worst yet--what creation kit can load into Skyrim. Which is very little.

I had two animated vacbeds that looked good in 3Ds Max. One of those exported perfectly to Nifskope, but crashed creation kit because of a deliberate choice by Bethesda to drop support for the NiGeomMorpherController node.  The skeletonized vacbed fails to export an animation.

I went back to basics, tried making a ball that would squish and unsquish with a single elongating bone. The problem I ran into was that morpher animations of any type seem extremely picky.  It is, however, pretty very easy to make objects scale, rotate, or move. But that's crap--rubber is stretchy, and that's the sort of animation I want to make work. So, the first keyframe of the ball, in a squished state, would just scale in proportion with the elongating bone instead of stretch vertically like it was supposed to.

Before my various obligations piled up a couple weeks ago, I had one more lead that could make boned animations work. There was a turtorial I was trying to follow that... involed Havok Content Tools, and "baking" the animation into the mesh.

How this differs from NiGeomMorpherController, I do not know, but the example was a Hagraven animation, so I know it's at least relevant to skyrim (and not Oblivion, which has little in common now.)

FINALLY, I may drop my efforts on static meshes, and take a new track. It's a very promising idea I believe: There is a HUGE amount of documentation on how to make custom clothes in skyrim... and also custom character animations. So what if the vacbed is technically clothing? My plan is to take the basic catsuit mesh used in the Trapped in Rubber mod, and alter it. give it rectangular perimeter points which are tied to a stationary bone in the body.  (pelvis I believe, or maybe head for my purposes.)

Then, a mod can remove player controls, position the player (or other NPCs) in the appropriate location, and enable the struggle animation. 

If the player got free and was running around in a giant rectangular suit, that'd look ridiculous... however, I think it's the most practical way to get to an animated vacbed, and will then be very versatile at that.

So, those are my plans. For timeline, I'm still pretty busy, but work stresses are winding down and soon the renovation will too. I will get back to this--it's not forgotten. Maybe within a month I'll have something new to show.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So! It turns out I'm sort of in a modding mood.

First of all, I'm thinking of developing a story-based mod that will, of course, include the content I've already made. I'm writing this post largely as a way of keeping track of my ideas while they're fresh.

So--a dungeon. It's more of a facility, lets call it that. Half prison, half school. It accepts all sorts--slaves needing retraining, maids, criminals needing behavioral modification, bored noblewomen--that sort of thing. Either the involuntarily committed, or perhaps those simply seeking... vocational training.

First of all, prisoners and the like would be those in the vacbeds.

Before I get sidetracked, the player enters via an advert seeking help as a corrections officer/custodial staff/counselor.  That sort of thing. (maybe the advert is open-ended, but your choices upon meeting the warden determine what you do to a degree.) so, upon reading the advert, you go get an interview. Or maybe instead you go to enroll? Can you pay like a noble to get what you want, or maybe you're willing to get a free experience provide you agree to be a guinea pig? Or MAYBE... it's a case of mistaken identity. We'll see.

Within the facility, there will be a variety of... scenarios.

One, I already mentioned, hard time--in the vacbed. This would be the player's responsibility to tend to them. Feed them, etc. Do rotations, check up on the prisoners... and not make any mistakes. Obviously, perfection would be necessary at this job--If the warden thought the prisoners were being mistreated, that'd result in a hands on demonstration of what it's like. Worse yet, if a prisoner ever got free, well... a clever criminal might find someone to take her spot in the vacbed and stage it to look as if the guard has walked off and quit.  

Outside of the prison aspect--there's a specific type of vocational training I have in mind.

This one is based on a feature of a different mod I started long ago: the caged-in conveyor belt.

Using a whole bunch of underground water wheels, I was able to build an actual, working conveyor belt. It was pretty cool. So my idea for it is this: Drop a character in the middle of the belt. There are two fates: either you have enough stamina to slowly run up the conveyor belt and reach the end, or you exhaust your stamina and get drawn to the end of the line. Not sure yet what the results would be, but an obvious one is cowgirl for low stamina--thrown in a zaz milking machine--and ponygirl for those with high stamina.

After that, relatively generic scenes with DDe and zaz furniture to fill out a dungeon, and whatever inspiration strikes along the way.

This would take a long time for me to accomplish since my modding skills are very weak at this point, but I'll start with what I can do.

Sounds like a good idea to me! Have been following for a while now, and excited to see you are still coming up with stuff for it!

Yeah--I just hit a wall with the modeling, and especially animating. So, rather than be baffled by that, I might as well do something a little less complicated that actually uses some of this stuff!