It's starting to become a rather large cell, with a lot of moving parts. The addition of shadow casting lights surely didn't help. Future expansion will be broken up into additional cells I think, to help combat this.

Hello, not tried the latest version yet but the version before had most doors called "The Facility", i think you accidentally edited the main door id without making a copy of it first.. other then that i didnt notice.. im very much looking forward for this mod to be finished.. looks to have alot of potential kinky bits lol :)

It's starting to become a rather large cell, with a lot of moving parts. The addition of shadow casting lights surely didn't help. Future expansion will be broken up into additional cells I think, to help combat this.

JFTR: I think you could also try using roombounds, but I have no experience with them.

Hello, not tried the latest version yet but the version before had most doors called "The Facility", i think you accidentally edited the main door id without making a copy of it first.. other then that i didnt notice.. im very much looking forward for this mod to be finished.. looks to have alot of potential kinky bits lol :)

Oh no!! You mean globally, lots of dwemer doors have that name? Sounds like something I'd do. Surprised nobody noticed before--that change happened ~7 months ago.

JFTR: I think you could also try using roombounds, but I have no experience with them.

I watched a tutorial on that once. Looked complicated... had to take line-of-sight into consideration carefully for the "portals" between regions. I think the dungeon has enough twists and turns to make it work, though.

Since the new chair seems popular, I'm putting some time into improving it today. I just tightened up some of the belts, and fashioned real two-part buckles.

I am working on thee variants--Open/unbuckled, closed/empty, and occupied. Technically, two chairs, with the body a separate static object which is then positioned on top within the CK.

...With the ultimate goal of letting it be usable by the player. I would like to one day learn to "animate." I have the tools: max 2012, Havok content tools 2013, and I don't want to animate a waltz, just a stationary pose or two would be good. Still a staggering learning curve, but there are soooo many scenarios that would be opened up by the ability to create custom poses.

Oh no!! You mean globally, lots of dwemer doors have that name? Sounds like something I'd do. Surprised nobody noticed before--that change happened ~7 months ago.

hmm.. unless you fixed it already, iv might have been wrong and maybe that was from an other mod.. was a long time ago and i have reinstalled skyrim and all mods since then, could not see the door bug this time sorry for the confusion :)

Btw is the warden supposed to give the tour or just sit in the chair after the forcegreet ?

Juuuust the greet :(

I've been trying to get the tour written for a long time, but am hitting obstacles like how to start one quest from dialog choices in another quest.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Bethesda_Tutorial_Dialogue

you can run commands within the stages of a quest, and stages can be set with dialog options or dialog options to scripts that set quest stage or run commands that is not directly linked to the quest.. seems like it anyways, iv not tried myself but maybe some day i will :)

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Bethesda_Tutorial_Dialogue

you can run commands within the stages of a quest, and stages can be set with dialog options or dialog options to scripts that set quest stage or run commands that is not directly linked to the quest.. seems like it anyways, iv not tried myself but maybe some day i will :)

No, that's basically correct.

You could just do a

MyOtherQuest.Start()

directly in the dialogue script, and assign the quest you wish to start to the property MyOtherQuest. But it's smarter to do:

GetOwningQuest().SetStage(x)

And then launch the quest from the fragment script of that stage. Because if the quest is started from the dialogue, you have to go through the dialogue every time. If it's in the stage's script fragment, you just do 'setstage MyFirstQuest x' in the console. Then you only check the dialogue once, and after that, go directly to the part you want to test.

But in the end, both options work. Admittedly, I have written myself a little utility script with helper functions that can start quests and scenes, check if they're really running, log results, and optionally wait for their completion. Because I'm still not convinced that the CK is deterministic and it really helps to track down problems if you double- and triple-check everything, so I put that code in one library instead of writing it every time I need to start a different quest.

In theory, it's simple. In practise, as you work with the CK, you learn the quirks and how to work around them. There are things I did in the previous version of TIR that I'm not doing anymore in the one that's currently in development. Because I discovered that, while there may be many ways to Rome, some are more robust than others.

But for the start, keeping it simple should help to get your feet wet.

I'm a little confused about assigning a quest to be a "property."

The wording is so generic that it makes searching for explanations difficult, and most scripting tutorials take it for granted that it's already understood.

The wording is so generic that it makes searching for explanations difficult, and most scripting tutorials take it for granted that it's already understood.

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Variables_and_Properties - scroll down to Getting Properties of a Quest Script

Properties are what you name the function and you name the function so you dont have to rewrite the code everytime you need it and it can be called by other scripts or even by console.. kinda works like a cvar or in simple terms a container that can hold a value for a script with IF statements

values are used like this but you have to define them.. scripting in skyrim is almost like trying to learn c++ lol :)

1 = setstage(10)

2 = startquest(myquestname)

In Papyrus, "properties" are how the CK interfaces with scripts. They're basically "a special kind of variable". One that the CK will recognise and offer to fill. The script "exposes" its properties to the CK, and the CK can then fill them with values or check their content in conditions. It can't do that with normal variables.

Whenever you want to wire an element in the CK to a script, you use a property.

Consider this simple quest script:

Scriptname MyFirstQuestScript extends Quest

Quest Property MySecondQuest Auto
{Link to quest #2}

bool SecondQuestWasStarted = false

Function StartSecondQuest()
  MySecondQuest.Start()
  SecondQuestWasStarted = true
EndFunction

Function CheckQuestStatus()
  if SecondQuestWasStarted
    if MySecondQuest.IsRunning()
      Debug.MessageBox("Second quest was started and is still running")
    else
      Debug.MessageBox("Second quest was started but for some reason, isn't running")
    endif
  else
    Debug.MessageBox("Second quest has yet to be started")
  endif
EndFunction

In this case, "MySecondQuest" is a property. When you open the properties for that script in the CK, you will be able to assign any existing quest to it. If the property has the same name as the quest in the CK, you can even click "Auto-Fill" and the CK will automatically assign that specific quest to that property.

On the other hand, "SecondQuestWasStarted" is just a private variable. The CK cannot "see" it and generally can't do anything with it. It can only be used inside the quest script, not externally.

Basically, anything that can be a variable can also be used as a script. You could use the same thing with:

Scene Property MyCoolScene Auto
{Link to a scene in this quest}

to start a scene, for instance. The CK will only allow you to assign correct values. If the property is of the type "Scene", then the dropdown box will only list scenes. If it's "Armor", you will only be able to pick armor. If it's "MyFirstQuestScript", you can only fill it with MyFirstQuest.

So, iif you want to give the player a rubber suit as employee uniform, you'd do something like this:

Armor Property PlayerRubberUniform Auto
{The uniform that the player gets as employee}

Function GiveSuitToPlayer()
  Game.GetPlayer().AddItem(PlayerRubberUniform, 1)
EndFunction

But the most basic question I have is how do I give a quest that variable name that papyrus recognizes?

That's the editor ID. For example, if you have a property like this:

Quest Property MQ202 Auto

Then, when you click on Auto-Fill in the CK, it will be filled with the main quest "A cornered rat". Because that one has the editor ID "MQ202".

But that's just a comfort thing. Functionality-wise, you could also call the property "ThisIsAReallyComplicatedAndLongName". The only difference is: If there's no matching editor ID, you have you manually pick a quest from a dropdown list when you fill it.

But the most basic question I have is how do I give a quest that variable name that papyrus recognizes?

That's the editor ID. For example, if you have a property like this:

Quest Property MQ202 Auto

Then, when you click on Auto-Fill in the CK, it will be filled with the main quest "A cornered rat". Because that one has the editor ID "MQ202".

But that's just a comfort thing. Functionality-wise, you could also call the property "ThisIsAReallyComplicatedAndLongName". The only difference is: If there's no matching editor ID, you have you manually pick a quest from a dropdown list when you fill it.

Adding to what @greyspammer said, this is the properties window for one of the scripts on MQ202 with a reference to MQ203.

post-1144974-0-72156900-1495926233_thumb.png

I have absolutely no idea or help with anything pertaining to the scripting part.....

I did just try out the new update though. I did get a little bit of FPS drop but mostly when moving around at a higher speed. Standing still or slow walking, it would stay up. (I use a controller, so my character pretty much runs everywhere.)

The tour dialog worked fine, but the warden remained seated and didn't do any tour, but I'm thinking that is the part you guys are talking about.

Not sure if it was disabled/put on hold for this update, but the bumper onto the conveyor no longer works for me. (I'm thinking it's on hold since the floor-plan underneath seems to have changed.)

The padded rooms and new "chairs" are just plain AWESOME!!!!

I still get the issue with the nurse outfit we talked about before. It shows up just plain white when I first encounter her. Disable/enable on her fixes it still. May just be my game is already taxing my GPU, not sure there. All of the other outfits on the prisoners and guard show just fine.

Interesting little issue, but not sure which mod it stems from.

I'm using traps, pitfalls, and dangerous things. Three times while exploring, a skeever event triggered inside the facility. I know in the most recent version of TPDT, there is an issue where he tried to add dungeons and events trigger in all kinds of buildings. I haven't updated to that version yet because of that issue. The version I am running, I have never had a trap or event trigger in a normal building, only caves and ruins.

Is the location of the facility tagged in CK or something as a ruin perhaps? I don't know anything about it, but you may know better what could be causing it.

Either way, the new additions look great! Glad to see you have time to work on it again!

I have absolutely no idea or help with anything pertaining to the scripting part.....

I did just try out the new update though. I did get a little bit of FPS drop but mostly when moving around at a higher speed. Standing still or slow walking, it would stay up. (I use a controller, so my character pretty much runs everywhere.)

The tour dialog worked fine, but the warden remained seated and didn't do any tour, but I'm thinking that is the part you guys are talking about.

Not sure if it was disabled/put on hold for this update, but the bumper onto the conveyor no longer works for me. (I'm thinking it's on hold since the floor-plan underneath seems to have changed.)

The padded rooms and new "chairs" are just plain AWESOME!!!!

I still get the issue with the nurse outfit we talked about before. It shows up just plain white when I first encounter her. Disable/enable on her fixes it still. May just be my game is already taxing my GPU, not sure there. All of the other outfits on the prisoners and guard show just fine.

Interesting little issue, but not sure which mod it stems from.

I'm using traps, pitfalls, and dangerous things. Three times while exploring, a skeever event triggered inside the facility. I know in the most recent version of TPDT, there is an issue where he tried to add dungeons and events trigger in all kinds of buildings. I haven't updated to that version yet because of that issue. The version I am running, I have never had a trap or event trigger in a normal building, only caves and ruins.

Is the location of the facility tagged in CK or something as a ruin perhaps? I don't know anything about it, but you may know better what could be causing it.

Either way, the new additions look great! Glad to see you have time to work on it again!

Right--I need to get the (soon to exist) tour quest linked to the introduction quest so that when you select the tour, she stands up and starts walking and talking. I don't have any issue inventing dialog or material, or the busywork of putting it into the CK in a dialog tree, I just have trouble grasping the tools I need to use. When I get those skills figured out, progress will be extremely fast and rewarding.

The nurse outfit is an annoyance. There's no reason why it would appear the way it does. It was made in the same way as all of the other catsuit retextures and has the same properties. Why it behaves differently is a mystery. But mysteries in the CK have lost their mystery, ironically. There's an area in the dungeon that I've literally walled off because it's the Bermuda triangle. Any character--player or NPC--that enters it will vanish. No clue why. I've nuked that part of the dungeon and rebuilt it with new room tiles, deleted everything remotely related to it and started over--but the invisibility blob persists. ..I just had a thought on the nurse though. What if I have given her competing outfits--one in the alias and one on the actual character. A thing to check...

Glad you liked the padded rooms and chairs! I'm really happy with the improved chair I'm working on now. I fear the padded walls might actually be responsible for the FPS drop. There are a crap-ton of them and they're way heavier on the polygons than they need to be for their size. I'm thinking of recreating a lighter-weight version for general-purpose wall-covering. Also, the shadow-casting lights are going to be a huge drain on most systems, and I've added several to the dungeon.

I honestly do not remember how I started this dungeon. I duplicated a default/test cell of some variety and expanded on it. I don't know how I'd check for a tag, but I'll look into it.

I'm still helping on the Suited for Skyrim mod, as needed. Responsibilities will increase as a second round of bugtesting and improvements reveal the crippling faults of my placeholder objects... but for now I'm enjoying being back in this mod again.

OKAY. I think I get it. Thank you all for trying to help and being patient--I've attached a picture since I'm a visual learner...

Say I'm in my "introduction" quest and I want to reference my "Tour" quest.

Within my introduction quest I have to set up a "Quest type" property, give it a name, and point to the full ID of the other quest, like in this pic?

Then, I could use it in a script or script fragment to advance stage?

post-269220-0-56559200-1495945655_thumb.jpg

OKAY. I think I get it. Thank you all for trying to help and being patient--I've attached a picture since I'm a visual learner...

Say I'm in my "introduction" quest and I want to reference my "Tour" quest.

Within my introduction quest I have to set up a "Quest type" property, give it a name, and point to the full ID of the other quest, like in this pic?

Then, I could use it in a script or script fragment to advance stage?

Basically, yes. You can use the GUI to set up properties. Click on the "Add property" button and a window will appear where you can fill in the required stuff. Or you can write them yourself. The "Add property" button has no special magic or anything. It just adds new text to your script and recompiles it. But the compiler doesn't actually care how the text is added.

Whether you use the GUI, or whether you edit the script source, manually type in "Quest Property MyProp Auto", and recompile, makes no difference in terms of functionality. The new property will show up the next time you open the properties windows. It just has to be filled.

I'm mentioning this because that's also the way you remove or rename a property. The CK has a button for adding, but not removing or editing them. If you made a mistake and want to remove or rename a property that already exists, you'll have to open the script source, find the property declaration, and make your changes there. Then recompile, and always open the properties window afterwards at least once (so the CK notices the changes).

you can always find items in the game by just opening the console and click on a random item, add the code and spawn like 100 the same items in your inventory but that is in game. you can still find easy object like your written papers so when the player picks it up you get a different quest or just the same quest, after that you can put the player in the AI and let it walk and add dialog. also i don't make mods but its just a way to seek thing, also i realized that the dialog sometimes doesn't show up after talking to long so somehow you have to put you're NPC back to talk to the player/pc again, you probably know the most and you should be OKe.