The Manipulator

Guest ffabris

look at how soul gem oven does it  or how eff opens their menu would be worth looking at.

Thanks for the tip of Soulgem Oven. As for EFF, that uses UIExtensions primarily, and I don't think that has functions like check boxes etc. I could use a list, but that would then be several clicks to deal with options, which ends up being as slow as opening an MCM (IMHO anyway).

But I'm researching. :)

Wait, you can open racemenu on NPCs with this? Time to turn someone into Yuni... TIME FOR A GENDER CHANGE, NAZEEM!

*rubs paws together evilly*

Edit: Edited to not be written like an rp post for some bizarre reason. I amaze myself with my weird habits sometimes.

Edit 2: Awww... the racemenu on the NPC is not fully functional. In fact, 99% of the sliders and things to adjust aren't there, just stuff like CBBE morphs. Poo.

Guest ffabris

Wait, you can open racemenu on NPCs with this? Time to turn someone into Yuni... TIME FOR A GENDER CHANGE, NAZEEM!

Edit: Edited to not be written like an rp post for some bizarre reason. I amaze myself with my weird habits sometimes.

Edit 2: Awww... the racemenu on the NPC is not fully functional. In fact, 99% of the sliders and things to adjust aren't there, just stuff like CBBE morphs. Poo.

Yeah I know ... a lot isn't available. But some stuff is, and that can be useful. I know I've wanted this for a long time now. :)

Changing face, and race, would then give the grey-face issue (since the face mesh would no longer match the saved one).

I think what you want is a sex change mod (probably in the form of a spell or arrow)....or use the console command (I think there is one for that somewhere).

I wonder what would happen if you hit a couple with something like that... turn the pitcher into a catcher and the catcher into a pitcher... sounds like it would go great with the wabajack.

Thanks!  Can't wait to try this out.  Should save a lot of fumbling around with console commands.

I think what you want is a sex change mod (probably in the form of a spell or arrow)....or use the console command (I think there is one for that somewhere).

I've been curious if there is a sex change mod.  I know there is a console command and I've tried it but it only changes the body.  Not he head.  So if you turn Lydia into a man she'll keep her head but have a male body.

if u want something to change or remove a npc default outfit u can try  this

I've used that one.  It does work though I think there is a limit. 

Guest ffabris

So, concerning fast access to The Manipulator page via hotkey, there are two theoretical avenues: open the SkyUI MCM via script, or use UIExtensions instead.

• SkyUI MCM: no way to open that via a hot key, that I can see, other than nasty "hacks" of the code, which I am not willing to do.
  • UIExtensions: definitely feasible. But is it worth it? First of all, it lacks stuff like check boxes and sliders. Secondly, once you select an option, the menu closes, so if you need to change another, you have to re-open the menu and again navigate to whatever option you need. In short, changing just two options for an NPC would involve more keystrokes than doing it via MCM, as it is currently.

So summary, it remains as is, in MCM. It might be a bit tedious if you need to alter a lot of NPCs, but I don't see a more efficient way of doing it.

Meantime, if there are requests for other toggles to include, let me know. I can't promise to add them, but I can promise to consider and research them. :)

Hi,

Your mod is awsome! It saves a LOT of console usage when messing with the NPCs, that's for sure! It is actually possible to force the NPCs to wear certain outfits. First you  strip them. Then you use the mod again to clear out their inventory. Then you use either puppetmaster or the console to add a new outfit to their inventory, which they will equip immediately. From the time used the mod, they kept wearing it. Then again, it's just been out very shortly...

I just whished you had managed to include the warpaint/makeup feature from racemenu. But thumbs up for a job well done!

Guest ffabris

Hi,

Your mod is awsome! It saves a LOT of console usage when messing with the NPCs, that's for sure! It is actually possible to force the NPCs to wear certain outfits. First you  strip them. Then you use the mod again to clear out their inventory. Then you use either puppetmaster or the console to add a new outfit to their inventory, which they will equip immediately. From the time used the mod, they kept wearing it. Then again, it's just been out very shortly...

I just whished you had managed to include the warpaint/makeup feature from racemenu. But thumbs up for a job well done!

Thank you!  :)

As for warpaints, etc, I can only offer what UIExtensions offers .. which is the "cosmetic" side of RaceMenu. I think (!) that warpaints would end up requiring the face being regenerated, or you end up with grey face ... which is why they're excluded. Same as all face editing features. But you should have access to RaceMenu overlays, if you have that installed.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you for this mod.

Have been using it for only a day or two but it works great and does things I've been looking for since forever.

Would faction changing be possible? More body slder changes would be great also. I'll stop my wish-list here or I'll be typimg all night.

Thanks again.

Guest ffabris

well if cant get menu how about just a hotkey for the clothes then?

For strip/dress, you mean?  Should be possible, yes. [Adds to to-do queue...]

Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you for this mod.

Have been using it for only a day or two but it works great and does things I've been looking for since forever.

Would faction changing be possible? More body slder changes would be great also. I'll stop my wish-list here or I'll be typimg all night.

Thanks again.

Expand on "faction change". The game has a shit load of factions, so getting a selection list really isn't an option.

Working on a new panel for cell info .... stay tuned!

Guest ffabris

Open question: How do I give an NPC something? I can access their inventory to take stuff but can't figure out how to put something in it.

Gah ... you're right. Might need another option for that.  [grumbles....]

Added: Maybe if I use a different function ........

Cancel my last about faction change if it's too much hassle.

Open question: How do I give an NPC something? I can access their inventory to take stuff but can't figure out how to put something in it.

Thanks.

npc inventory are simlar to chests.  if they not your wife/husband. if u give them anything it will later disappear.

unlick fallout where  give someone close and u can force them to change in skyrim every npc has a coded default outfit. there mods to change it but any change u do to npc outfit that is forced or by a mod gets saved inside your save.

if u realy realy want to safely change a npc outfit best to do it in ck as its not hard and is safe for your save. im already doing it myself to not have all that stuff be in my save game.

its good to know how to do ck for that stuff as ive had npc mods where their armor would crash the game and changeing it fixed it.

Guest ffabris

0.4 is up...

• Minor fix: the code was checking whether UIExtensions is installed, but NOT checking for RaceMenu.
  • New: Added the NPC's RefID below the name.
  • Changed: Manipulate panel renamed to People
  • Fix: Changed function used to open NPC inventory; now you can give AND take.
  • New: Added Places panel with info on current cell, as well as the possibiliy to mark the stop for teleport, and teleport to saved places.
  • New: Hotkey for strip/dress

Did some limited playing with it last night (just the RaceMenu part of it so far) and loved it.  Now I can modify/add tats/change body specs without forcing non-follower NPCs as a follower and using the EFF 'tattoo' functionality.  I can now turn my game into a real Russ Meyer movie (well, more than it already is ;) ).  One thing I noticed is that when applying tats/shape changes, the NPC does not seem to visually update in the race menu screen until the info is "saved", whereas the EFF version will update the tats & colors and the body shape immediately.  Of course with my limited testing I may have missed something.  Will probably play around with some more of the SexLab related features (sexuality settings) later.  Oh, and the hot key for stripping/redressing worked well (gotta strip 'em to adjust 'em, you know :D ...)

Another suggestion:  since MCM doesn't seem to support ordering the mod list except alphabetically (would be nice to be able to order the mod list in the MCM - have a couple of other mods that I would like to list at the top of the screen), maybe rename the mod with either a leading space or the letter 'A'.  Maybe it "A Manipulator" rather than "The Manipulator" to force it near the top of the MCM.  Just a thought.

Guest ffabris

Did some limited playing with it last night (just the RaceMenu part of it so far) and loved it.  Now I can modify/add tats/change body specs without forcing non-follower NPCs as a follower and using the EFF 'tattoo' functionality.  I can now turn my game into a real Russ Meyer movie (well, more than it already is ;) ).  One thing I noticed is that when applying tats/shape changes, the NPC does not seem to visually update in the race menu screen until the info is "saved", whereas the EFF version will update the tats & colors and the body shape immediately.  Of course with my limited testing I may have missed something.

(My terminology here will be wrong, probably, so don't shoot me.) OK, that's because when the MCM is open, "game code" freezes. You'll notice that a few options will save "Close all menus" - for that reason. Nothing will happen while the MCM is open.

EFF doesn't use the MCM at all, so that's why things happen right away.

Another suggestion:  since MCM doesn't seem to support ordering the mod list except alphabetically (would be nice to be able to order the mod list in the MCM - have a couple of other mods that I would like to list at the top of the screen), maybe rename the mod with either a leading space or the letter 'A'.  Maybe it "A Manipulator" rather than "The Manipulator" to force it near the top of the MCM.  Just a thought.

Certainly easy to do. But I kinda suspect that if I do that, others will not be too thrilled. Feedback? Course there's the middle road, rename it to just "Manipulator", which would sort it above most SexLab mods. ;)

Re the potentail name change: Don't forget that there is already a Sex Lab Stats Manipulator. 

You used 'S' for the dress/strip toggle - 'S' is already used as a movement key. (I'm sure you had a reason) :)

I already love this mod. It's niftier than the niftiest thing on Nift Street in Niftown.

Guest ffabris

Re the potentail name change: Don't forget that there is already a Sex Lab Stats Manipulator. 

You used 'S' for the dress/strip toggle - 'S' is already used as a movement key. (I'm sure you had a reason) :)

I already love this mod. It's niftier than the niftiest thing on Nift Street in Niftown.

LOL! Glad you like it! :)

As for the hot key, change it in Defaults. I don't use WASD for movement (drives me nuts!), so I didn't consider it. Proposals for a different key? X? A number? remove the function?  ;) [hides]