where are pictures ???

text to understand it is difficult for me, am not english speaker.

and by the way, A picture is worth a thousand Words.  ;)

Being Hungarian, I am not a native English speaker either, but what kind of pictures would you actually like me to upload?

This is a gameplay mod:

- you enter a dungeon

- a trap goes BOOM and renders you unconscious

- you find yourself naked when you finally come round

- you can find your equipment outside the dungeon

That's it, basically.

This... is actually pretty ingenious.

Just for additional shits and giggles, could you try adding the following function: When the player enters the dungeon and gets stripped, there is a chance (say, 50%) that they cannot leave the dungeon without finding a special magical ring first. This ring would be either placed inside the final chest or placed in some new container at the end of the dungeon.

Alternatively the player could force their way out of the dungeon (in case they are over their head and cannot reach the bottom without their gear), however they would receive a random set of punishing Devious Devices complete with yoke/armbinder as punishment.

Oh, and there is another idea: Add a passive spell effect called "Naked Adventuring" that would grant increasing bonuses depending on the number of naked dungeons cleared, but only if the PC is naked. You know, just so that there would be some extra reward for the roleplayers. :P

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

At the first phase I'd like to keep the mod as simple as possible, so that I can focus on its stability, so I'm not planning to introduce any new features until all the possible minor problems are eradicated (for instance removing quest-breakingly important items from the player or the NPCs).

But I must admit that I do like your idea of forcing devious thingies onto the player upon their trying to coward out of the dungeon without having reached the boss container very much, so you might see that happen in one of the future versions. :-)

where are pictures ???

text to understand it is difficult for me, am not english speaker.

and by the way, A picture is worth a thousand Words.  ;)

Being Hungarian, I am not a native English speaker either, but what kind of pictures would you actually like me to upload?

This is a gameplay mod:

- you enter a dungeon

- a trap goes BOOM and renders you unconscious

- you find yourself naked when you finally come round

- you can find your equipment outside the dungeon

That's it, basically.

and that was understandable, thanks  :)

What about a chance a bandits looting your stuff. Say every 5 minutes inside there's a 5% chance that someone found your stuff and wandered off with it. You can track them down, but they might pawn it first too.

Sounds great, I might be able to implement it in a future version.

Draugr and skeletons get treated by Sexlab as creatures, maybe make sure to exclude all creature type NPCs. Wisps, spriggans, rieklings (for the Dragonborn DLC), werewolves, etc if they are not already excluded.

If you only scan NPCs in the first section of a dungeon and expect the player to pick up sufficient armor by the time they reach the second, there are probably a couple where that will be an issue.  I just cannot think of any others like Sarthaal where you have an entry cell and then enemies in the next one.

Korvanjund should be really fun, with naked soldiers all over the place.

Just a thought. Rather than having it as a blanket nakedness thing for all dungeons, how about having it as a radiant bet type quest given by a merchant? (i.e. You take the bet, lose your items to the merchant, then have to complete the dungeon and return to get a reward/your winnings and your stuff back).

mrbenn.jpg

The shop keeper from 'Mr Benn' does look a bit like Belethor wearing MannyGt Realistic Eyeglasses).

There was a mod awhile back, i think it was sexlab with consequences or something.  But, it made it so your character could actually kill people by fucking them.  Which was an issue when you fucked an essential npc.   But, what if you added that death by sex for the npcs only in the current dungeon your pc is in, that way your character that is now unarmed and has no armor could actually make it to the end of the dungeon by fucking her (or his) way through it.

Draugr and skeletons get treated by Sexlab as creatures, maybe make sure to exclude all creature type NPCs. Wisps, spriggans, rieklings (for the Dragonborn DLC), werewolves, etc if they are not already excluded.

If you only scan NPCs in the first section of a dungeon and expect the player to pick up sufficient armor by the time they reach the second, there are probably a couple where that will be an issue.  I just cannot think of any others like Sarthaal where you have an entry cell and then enemies in the next one.

Korvanjund should be really fun, with naked soldiers all over the place.

While the basic idea of the mod was very simple (to prevent the player from being able to bring their usual weapons and armor into the interior of the dungeons, so that they are forced to fight themselves through with minimal equipment), the implementation turned out to be much more difficult than I originally thought.

The logical solution would have been to attach a script to the external load doors of the dungeons, but it soon proved to be very difficult (if not impossible), because the CK provides very little support for this. There are no such Papyrus os SKSE or whatever functions like "IsLoadDoor()", no such events like "OnActivateALoadDoor()" or "OnPlayerIsStaringAtALoadScreen()" etc., at least none that I know of.

Since there is a function called "PlayerRef.IsInInterior()" from which one can tell whether the player is lurking out somewhere or staying in a building/dungeon interior, the second approach would have been to track the PC down as it changes cells ingame. This again proved to be a tough problem, because there is no such built-in event in the game like "OnChangeCell()". After having skimmed through a lot of forums and suchlike, I stumbled upon a clever idea somewhere in the Internet, which utilizes the built-in "IsInSameCell()" function, by which you can determine whether the player is in the same cell as an other (arbitrary) object reference. The very first (pre-release) version of my mod implemented this approach, but although it was more or less functional (with minor problems), I wasn't fully satisfied with it, because the method involved an invisible test object (a BasicFork model with NullTexture), which had to be hauled after the PC (by a script), as they changed cells. Briefly put, however neat idea it was, it wasn't a very elegant solution programmatically.

I was already about to give up on the idea, when I caught sight of the "PlayerRef.IsInWorldspace(akWorldspace)" function in the CK, which yields TRUE whenever the PC is in an external cell of the specified worldspace (in our case, Tamriel). This soon proved to be easily applicable to my problem, worked fine, and made any cumbersome invisible objects unnecessary.

There is only one restriction to it, which stems from the way the game engine handles worldspaces. When the PC is in a city, in a seemingly open space (on the street, for instance), they are NOT in an external cell of the Tamriel worldspace from the point of view of my mod, because the PC is NOT in the Tamriel worldspace at all, but in a different one (this is why you cannot get into the open tundra of Skyrim by jumping over the city walls of Whiterun). Since my mod triggers the stripping trap at the very moment the PC leaves the external (wilderness) area of Tamriel, the only reason the PC is not stripped when they enter the main city gate of Whiterun is that the Whiterun location is not one of the dungeon types you can select in the MCM.

This means that the trap is NOT working in dungeons like the Ratway, because its entrance is in the city of Riften, which is NOT the external Tamriel worldspace. Although it wouldn't have been very difficult to circumvent this little problem by using more conditions (involving the other worldspaces), I didn't want to make the mod too script-heavy (and besides, the vast majority of the dungeon entrances are located somewhere in the wilderness anyway).

As for the NPC stripping problem, the basic idea was the following: there is little point in stripping the PC naked at the dungeon entrance, if they can loot a complete set of armor from the very first enemy slain at the next corner. On the other hand, the enemies had to remain dangerous, therefore the script had to let them keep their weapons. So I had to find an easy way to rip the armor off of the nearby NPCs, living or dead alike. There are two SKSE functions suitable for this purpose, of which the GetNumRefs(formType) tells you how many objects (in our case, NPCs) are present in a specific cell, and GetNthRef(N, formType) yields the Nth object reference. Then the script must filter out the NPCs of the unwanted types, and then take appropriate items away from them. So the stripping process itself has nothing to do with any of the SexLab functions (those functions use some kind of very similar, but much more complicated, and therefore presumably much slower methods).

The problem with the NPC stripping script is that it can take a very long time to finish, which seems to be inherent in the SKSE functions themselves, so I'm afraid I won't be able to speed it up significantly. That's why the PC needs to black out when the trap goes off at the entrance, but I kind of like how the PC faints (which I ripped off from the "Karliah-shoots-the-player" scene) and how they dizzily get up later (which is from the Alternate Start - Left for Dead scene).

That's about the technical details, sorry for the waaaay too long text...  :shy:

in progress question:

does the quicksilver mine in dawnstar count?

error on entry - required locationreftype is missing in this location

current player cell in the mcm 182137

message that player has entered the outside world does appear on exit

Nice idea and execution. One problem, however: the PC's equipment is always dropped outside Bleak Falls Barrow instead of just outside the dungeon entrance where you were stripped.This gets tedious after a while, but it does give me an idea. How about adding an MCM setting that if cleared will drop the items at the entrance. However, if this flag is set, it drops the equipment at a random location in the wilderness (possibly in the middle of a bandit camp). That way, you can keep it set to random until you get tired of the inconvenience at which point you can drop everything at the entrance.

Just a thought.

Edit: I believe I know why Bleak Falls Barrow is being used: the places were it happens aren't vanilla locations, but added by third-party mods. I suppose this mod has a list of known locations and depends on that when dropping the equipment off. Good thing the mod has this "fall-through" default location, or you'd lose your stuff.

in progress question:

does the quicksilver mine in dawnstar count?

error on entry - required locationreftype is missing in this location

current player cell in the mcm 182137

message that player has entered the outside world does appear on exit

Dawnstar is not behind a load door, which means it is in the Tamriel worldspace. Therefore, the mine should count. The mod recognizes its entrance as an appropriate place to trigger the trap, but there is a different problem with this place, namely that it does not have a MapMarker (that is the "required LocationRefType" the mod is making complaints about). It is a problem for the mod, because the MapMarker would show the mod the exact place where it is supposed to place the player's belongings. With no MapMarker present at the place, it would be impossible to create a reference alias to it, therefore the quest would fail to start, that's why the mod decides not to trigger the trap here.

As for the "entered the outside world" message not appearing, I'll have to think about it - I guess it should have appeared when you left the mine, but I cannot tell for sure (yet).

Thank you very much for your feedback anyway.

Nice idea and execution. One problem, however: the PC's equipment is always dropped outside Bleak Falls Barrow instead of just outside the dungeon entrance where you were stripped.This gets tedious after a while, but it does give me an idea. How about adding an MCM setting that if cleared will drop the items at the entrance. However, if this flag is set, it drops the equipment at a random location in the wilderness (possibly in the middle of a bandit camp). That way, you can keep it set to random until you get tired of the inconvenience at which point you can drop everything at the entrance.

Just a thought.

The player's belongings are always dropped right at the MapMarker of the location. It seems that the MapMarker of Bleak Falls Barrow is a little bit farther from the door than usual.

The problem is that I could not find out how to create a reference alias to the external load door of the dungeon to pinpoint its location (if I could, I could simply attach an OnActivate script to that and this whole worldspace-stalking stuff would be unnecessary). This is why I decided to use the MapMarkers, which most dungeons have, and they usuallly are placed very close to the dungeon entrances.

But dropping the belongings at random places, or creating more extensive quests to get them back is a realistic future option.

message DID show up for me exiting the mine.

would map marker mods that add markers screw anything up, or would they just allow for more locations if they add one that does not normally exist?

and yes the bleak falls one is some distance from the door, I think so you can fast travel and not drop on top of the 3 bandits outside

Oh, I can see now. My bad, I misinterpreted what you wrote. Then OK, this is exactly what the mod was supposed to do under these circumstances.

As for the MapMarkers: those are just little location-marking objects (invisible, no-collision objects ingame). Their role is to tell the game where to put the little dungeon symbol on the map when you get a new quest target.

If some mod creates a new location and preconfigures a new MapMarker for that, then my mod presumably will be able to use that new MapMarker as a marker of the exact spatial point where the player's belongings must be dropped.

Just a thought. Rather than having it as a blanket nakedness thing for all dungeons, how about having it as a radiant bet type quest given by a merchant? (i.e. You take the bet, lose your items to the merchant, then have to complete the dungeon and return to get a reward/your winnings and your stuff back).

The funny thing is that my mod actually DID start its existence as part of a radiant quest in one of my other mods. This other mod is called "The Business of the Fourth Era" (you can find it here: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2808-the-business-of-the-fourth-era-17z/).

The idea of extending the stripping door trap thingie to virtually every single dungeon in Skyrim came during the testing phase of that mod, so I decided to cut the original mod in two, this is how it became this "blanket nakedness thing" in the first place.  :shy:

As for the NPC stripping problem, the basic idea was the following: there is little point in stripping the PC naked at the dungeon entrance, if they can loot a complete set of armor from the very first enemy slain at the next corner. On the other hand, the enemies had to remain dangerous, therefore the script had to let them keep their weapons. So I had to find an easy way to rip the armor off of the nearby NPCs, living or dead alike. There are two SKSE functions suitable for this purpose, of which the GetNumRefs(formType) tells you how many objects (in our case, NPCs) are present in a specific cell, and GetNthRef(N, formType) yields the Nth object reference. Then the script must filter out the NPCs of the unwanted types, and then take appropriate items away from them. So the stripping process itself has nothing to do with any of the SexLab functions (those functions use some kind of very similar, but much more complicated, and therefore presumably much slower methods).

The problem with the NPC stripping script is that it can take a very long time to finish, which seems to be inherent in the SKSE functions themselves, so I'm afraid I won't be able to speed it up significantly. That's why the PC needs to black out when the trap goes off at the entrance, but I kind of like how the PC faints (which I ripped off from the "Karliah-shoots-the-player" scene) and how they dizzily get up later (which is from the Alternate Start - Left for Dead scene).

That's about the technical details, sorry for the waaaay too long text...  :shy:

Using GetNthRef() is generally considered a bad idea, exactly because it takes an inordinate amount of time. Luckily over the years people have found alternatives, the most popular being cloak spells and forced quest aliases.

I think in this case, a cloak spell would be the most suitable way. Whenever the trap activates, fire a cloak spell with "infinite" range from the player, and use CK targeting conditions to filter your targets (about 800% faster than filtering in papyrus). Then attach the stripping script as the applied magic effect.

Well, YMMV, but that's what I'd do :P

Using GetNthRef() is generally considered a bad idea, exactly because it takes an inordinate amount of time. Luckily over the years people have found alternatives, the most popular being cloak spells and forced quest aliases.

I think in this case, a cloak spell would be the most suitable way. Whenever the trap activates, fire a cloak spell with "infinite" range from the player, and use CK targeting conditions to filter your targets (about 800% faster than filtering in papyrus). Then attach the stripping script as the applied magic effect.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, it seems to be exactly what I was looking for.  :shy:

I don't know the first thing about scripting but your description about the mod made me think of another that may help you out called Simply Knock. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73236/?

Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot, that little mod is awesome.

Oh, I can see now. My bad, I misinterpreted what you wrote. Then OK, this is exactly what the mod was supposed to do under these circumstances.

As for the MapMarkers: those are just little location-marking objects (invisible, no-collision objects ingame). Their role is to tell the game where to put the little dungeon symbol on the map when you get a new quest target.

If some mod creates a new location and preconfigures a new MapMarker for that, then my mod presumably will be able to use that new MapMarker as a marker of the exact spatial point where the player's belongings must be dropped.

I wasn't thinking about new dungeon mods but ones that add map markers to existing locations that do not have them in the base game.  Generally they allow for fast travel to locations that did not. I cannot think of any location that the mod I'm using adds markers for that would qualify for your mod (mostly just extra locations inside closed cities and a few open world locations that do not lead to interiors). For example, if a mod added a map marker to the quicksilver mine in Dawnstar, I would expect your mod would then strip the player going in and all the miner NPCs inside.

I would like to mention, I went into the Uttering Hills dungeon and it did strip the NPCs there, even the boss at the very end of the location who was sitting in the chair next to the boss chest and cabinet. The bandit lying in the bed in that room was not stripped though. Not sure if sleeping NPCs are skipped in your mod on purpose or if that is a bug.

Thanks again, it's working.

Thruth be told, I couldn't get it work with a cloak spell, but after I copied the spell and magic effects of the Aura Whisper shout (which does basically the same thing), it seems to do exactly what I wanted, and it's really a thousand times faster.

I wasn't thinking about new dungeon mods but ones that add map markers to existing locations that do not have them in the base game.  Generally they allow for fast travel to locations that did not. I cannot think of any location that the mod I'm using adds markers for that would qualify for your mod (mostly just extra locations inside closed cities and a few open world locations that do not lead to interiors). For example, if a mod added a map marker to the quicksilver mine in Dawnstar, I would expect your mod would then strip the player going in and all the miner NPCs inside.

I would like to mention, I went into the Uttering Hills dungeon and it did strip the NPCs there, even the boss at the very end of the location who was sitting in the chair next to the boss chest and cabinet. The bandit lying in the bed in that room was not stripped though. Not sure if sleeping NPCs are skipped in your mod on purpose or if that is a bug.

If that mod places a MapMarker near the Dawnstar mine, AND that mine has an own Location, for which that MapMarker is registered, then my mod will most likely trigger the trap.

As for the sleeping NPC not having been stripped, it is most likely a bug.

I'm currently experimenting with a new (and much faster) way of stripping the NPCs (following tanookitamatachi's advices), maybe that will solve this problem, too.

Thanks again, it's working.

Thruth be told, I couldn't get it work with a cloak spell, but after I copied the spell and magic effects of the Aura Whisper shout (which does basically the same thing), it seems to do exactly what I wanted, and it's really a thousand times faster.

Glad that you got it working :D

Looking forward to try out your new and improved version. It sounds like such a simple idea, but it creates ample opportunity for, uh, interesting situations.

Cloak spells are not necessarily the best route to go. They have a HUGE weakness that can not only break the mod using them but other mods as well.

Simply put, every item in Skyrim that a cloak spell selects gets a private copy of the Papyrus script so if too many items are selected at once you can overload the Papyrus scripting engine in a fashion known as "Stack Dumps".

Getting a "Stack Dump" means that some items that got selected did not get their associated script run so whatever action they would have accomplished didn't happen and that can break your mod, it also means though that other mods that might attempt to run a script while the system is overloaded in that fashion will also not get their script run either and that means your stack dump can break other mods too.

Use Quest Aliases instead of Cloak Spells unless you know the population of whatever you use the cloak spell to select is NEVER more than a dozen or so items.

A very good example of the conversion from Cloak Spell to Quest Aliases is Sexlab Aroused (cloak spell) vs Sexlab Aroused Redux (quest aliases).

Cloak spells are not necessarily the best route to go. They have a HUGE weakness that can not only break the mod using them but other mods as well.

Simply put, every item in Skyrim that a cloak spell selects gets a private copy of the Papyrus script so if too many items are selected at once you can overload the Papyrus scripting engine in a fashion known as "Stack Dumps".

Getting a "Stack Dump" means that some items that got selected did not get their associated script run so whatever action they would have accomplished didn't happen and that can break your mod, it also means though that other mods that might attempt to run a script while the system is overloaded in that fashion will also not get their script run either and that means your stack dump can break other mods too.

Use Quest Aliases instead of Cloak Spells unless you know the population of whatever you use the cloak spell to select is NEVER more than a dozen or so items.

A very good example of the conversion from Cloak Spell to Quest Aliases is Sexlab Aroused (cloak spell) vs Sexlab Aroused Redux (quest aliases).

Thank you very much for your helpfulness.

The NPC stripping method in the version I'm currently experimenting with (it will be released soon, hopefully) works the exact same way as the Aura Whisper shout, and for the time being I does not seem to be more harmful than that.

Nevertheless, I'll look into the method you advised as soon as I have some time. Thanks again.