[Req/Idea] Player slavery handled in the form of dungeons

Unintentional

That Wolfclub mod had a pretty good idea in that it handled player slavery as a quest inside a small dungeon of sorts, and it's something I'd like to see happen again. For those unfamiliar, Wolfclub was activated when the player is defeated via DAYMOYL, enslaved via bridge mod (ie - Simple Slavery, DEC),  or inquired a man and picked a certain option.

The player will find themselves within a new dungeon and are introduced to their owner or other subordinate. As a new quest specific to their predicament starts, the ultimate goal for the player is to escape, sneaking out after an opening, pulling a runner, clearing a path after finding a weapon, etc. Each dungeon houses a specific type of NPC archetype, each of them run their dungeons differently. The room/cage layouts are different, their timetables are different, the stuff they'll use with their new plaything will differ, and they all fumble at doing different things.

These are just some ideas of what various factions could feature in their dungeons:

• Bandits use crudely-made restraints that aren't hard to remove, but always have some men on patrol. When the player isn't busy looking for openings or getting screwed by another bandit, they might put the player into wolf kennels and other things.
  • Warlocks (elemental mancers) use magic to bind, restrain, or manipulate the player, their spells start weak however and wear off earlier than intended, but have magic traps set up to catch escaping slaves off-guard on top of those keeping watch. They might be more keen placing the player in all kinds of machines.
  • Falmer can't see a thing and can't rely on their servants all the time, but have Chaurus wandering around the place. You know what's up.

When the player is beaten enough during an escape (health %?), they are thrown back to square 1 with some punishment of sorts, and the inhabitants might patch up whatever gave you the opportunity. Dungeons should ideally take some time to go through, and have some puzzles or other elements to make a player deprived of their gear feel challenged.

A quirk (maybe made optional via MCM) I was thinking about is a potential bad end mode if the player fails to escape within the span of several in-game days, with each failed attempt made more punishing by speeding up the inevitable. It could be explained as the player losing the will to escape and submitting to their captors entirely through some means, and any further play shows the character being further exploited and out of the player's control.

So effectively, I'm thinking semi-scripted (the pre-written kind) slavery that gives a sense of urgency, the player definitely has to escape or else. One problem I can see is that when a player escapes, there wouldn't really be an option to 'reset'  a dungeon and make it valid for another round if enslaved again, would there? I don't have the modding know-how, but how hard would something like this be even for one dungeon?

Your idee is interesting. The most difficulty with slave mod like Sanguine is that your PC can be enslave anywhere in the world and sometime there are conflict with other mod. Teleport PC in a dungeon with defeat or simple slavery will be a good idee, because the slave gameplay stay in a controled area.

To add some spice to your idee we can add a day timer to escape. For exemple the captured PC will have x day before a dying situation, like sacrifice, or behanged, or eaten, or executed, .... The method can be change with the type of "monster in the dungeon"

I see some sort of dungeon :

- Bandit dungeon (more that one for random situation)

- Necromancer dungeon

- Falmer dungeon

- Talmer dungeon

- unknow dungeon, awake nude in a old cript or trolls cavern for exemple (more that one for random situation)

- a borthel to be a protitute (obey or you will be punish or die if you persist

- A mine to work (thanks Slave of Tamriel)

- A prison for criminal

- In oblivion in a dremora torture chamber (need to find the portal)

- ect...

The idea is that you must leave the dungeon with sort of mini quest. If you leave you are free (maybe helpless with devious device, but free). With this solution the script don't go away from the local dungeon and Skyrim stay "stable". It 's for exemple the problem with Sanguine Debauchery sometime heavy script crash the game.

@Unintentional: As much as i like your avatar that makes me want to play Doom II now, but your idea is very specific what limits it to a "special" audience.

Most player want some content other then fleeing, working, radiant tasks or dialogue based actions. And even those (when combined) are time consuming to create.

Creating all those areas (and i don't mean copying existing ones) and cluttering them is a thing of its own.
So aside from the brainfuck to come up with as much different tasks as possible and the trigger fuck to create a proper stealth/sneak escape, i recommend you wait as something similar is in the making.

Slavery (NPC -> Player, Player -> NPC) is something that needs alot of brainstorming and work, hence why there aren't many such mods and why most never reached a stable release.

You could tie the series of slaver dens into an overall quest arc where you have a group that recruits you to help gather sufficient evidence to convict a powerful backer of several gangs who is coordinating a turn toward slavery and the recruiter would take all your armor, gold, items and weapons much like Delphine does when you visit the Thalmor embassy (except they have no inside person to bring you anything) and as an active investigator you're there under-cover to collect evidence so you have a reason for not breaking full bad-ass on them and killing them all.

So you go in fully expecting to be enslaved and used while you search for the evidence and then break out of each one after collecting the evidence only to move on to the next one. By returning your gear after each escape you could play through each den then on your own schedule until you have collected enough evidence for a final take down after which you can then get assigned to clean up each den in full Dragonborn bad ass kill everyone and take no prisoners mode.

As a twist you could end up being recognized in one of the later dens by someone visiting from an earlier den and get "special treatment" for being an escapee.

An overall arc and reason for being submissive would make it more "lore friendly" and playable but it also means it would approach the complexity of a full DLC so it would not be for anyone faint of heart to attempt.

An overall quest arc that connects it all together would definitely be trickier, but that sounds like an interesting premise.

Some similarities may be found in a few of the scenarios from Devious Cidhna namely Pirate Prize, Dish Served Hot, or Playing with the Food. Asking stobor for some know-how on those might bear some ideas on execution of such project.

Going by the name I got the impression that it only covered Nobody Escapes Cidna Mine, but this all sounds good after actually looking into it. Using pre-existing dungeons or not, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for, thanks.

So aside from the brainfuck to come up with as much different tasks as possible and the trigger fuck to create a proper stealth/sneak escape, i recommend you wait as something similar is in the making.

This sounds promising.

Archived