View File

Slaves of Tamriel Continuation

What Is It?

This is the continuation of the work from Slaves of Tamriel the original creator of this mod.
This is my first mod and Slaves of Tamriel was a great basis to learn from. I tried to stay close to the work that was already done.
I hope you enjoy it.

Most of this Post is copied from the original since it still applies.

Slaves of Tamriel intends to be an umbrella mod, which would eventually cover major aspects of a slavery experience from the player's point of view. Currently, a small mine where slaves are forced to work as miners is being worked on.

Game Mechanics

Starting/Ending the Quest

As this mod still remains at the beta stage, there's no proper start of the quest other than the MCM menu item. Also, there's no real ending you can stop the quest in the mcm and leave the mine, but its not recommended to restart the quest after ending it this way. So, please do NOT use your main save file to test this mod. If you must, create another save for the test, and continue playing your main character with the backup when you're done testing.

It's highly recommended to start a new game to try out this mod.

Working at the Mine

At the beginning of the quest, you're processed as a new mine slave and forced to mine ores along with other slaves. Upon the arrival, you'll be branded with a slave number 36 (and optionally shaved) and led to the mining area where the other slaves are working.

Mining Efficiency and Perks

Each ore deposit has random 'strength' assigned to it, and while you're mining, it decreases until it reaches zero, then an ore will be put in your backpack nearby. Unlike in a normal game, the deposit cannot be depleted and attacking it (instead of pressing 'E') won't yield an ore.

The mining efficiency depends on a hidden mining perk, which will increase as you successfully mine ores. Initially, your efficiency is the lowest among the slaves so you won't be able to mine as fast as any of them.

(In the current version, it's perfectly normal for the player not being able to mine a single ore during the first few work shifts.)

Exhaustion and Resting
As you mine, your stamina will decrease constantly until you're no longer able to continue working. You can press 'Rest Hotkey' to sit down and catch your breath(you'll hear rough breathing sound when your stamina falls below 70%), which will restore your stamina faster than the normal.

This mechanism applies to other slaves as well, so the slaves will occasionally stop working and sit down to rest when their stamina runs out.

Guard and Punishment

There's a guard at the mining area who'll constantly watch over the slaves and punish whoever get caught while being idle.

He will randomly stares at different directions and when he notices an idle slave, he will chase it down and punish it after a short pause (about 3 seconds). It means, when you see him staring at you, it's not just an animation but he is really watching if you're working or not.

So it is advisable to check what he is doing while you're working, and take a short break whenever he's not looking at you to save stamina.

After you're punished, he won't chase you down for a short while, so you can use that time to regain your stamina as well.

Being hit with a whip will randomly throws you into the ground, and it will also incurs some health damage. When your bladder is full, there's a chance that you'll leak while being whipped.

During the scenes, the guards might order you do certain task, like entering a cell or follow. Failing to comply with the order promptly might also subject you for a punishment.

Stealing other slaves' ores or using a bucket toilet during the work hours might also make you being punished if get caught. (Crime management is still a work in progress, so stealing will break the quest progression for now)

Work Schedule and Submitting Ores

After every two hours of working, you're supposed to submit the ores you mined. The guard will visit each slaves and mark the number of the ores on its left breast. When no ore is mined during a shift, the guard will punish the slave instead.

After the marking, the slave is supposed to go to the smelter and give the ores to the Smelter Slave and allowed to take a short break.

It is safe (not being punished) to use the toilet during the ores are counted, but you'll need to be quick as other slaves might also want to take the chance.

Feeding and Integrating with Other Mods

Before and after the work, the slaves will be fed twice a day in their cells. As their hands are bound all the time when they're not working, they are fed with a trough, and the amount of food each slaves gets is proportional to the amount of ores it mined (marked on the breast).

Also, there's a proof-of-concept plugin for integrating with iNeeds, so when a slave eats from a trough, it will increase the satiation and hydration value accordingly. In future, plugins for other mods will be provided as well, and when they are completed, the player will required to work hard to avoid being starved to death.

Using a Toilet

Slaves of Tamriel includes a light weight 'Private Needs' type bladder system, which will track each slave's individual bladder size and its status.

Roughly, the bladder is filled every twelve hours, and once it fills over 40% the NPC slave will try to use a near by bucket toilet when it's allowed to so (i.e. during a break).

If it reaches 80%, they will try to use the toilet even during the working hours, and if they get whipped there's a chance they will leak. It will also leak when the bladder is completely filled up,

The player can use a toilet once the bladder is filled over 20%, but the other rules apply the same.

Other Features

Immersive Scenes with Animations

Slaves of Tamriel includes a number of scenes (a Creation Kit's term) with a complex scripting and lot of animations. Every dialogue has both the (silent) sound clip and the lip animation for more accurate timing, and, in some cases, even the head movements of an actor are controlled to give you the feeling that he's really looking at you (or a specific part of you).

Dynamic Lighting System

The latest version includes a dynamic lighting system which allows the mod to surpass the hard coded limit about the number of shadow lights imposed by the game.

This is an adapted version of the technique explained here, and it enhances the atmosphere of the mod greatly while sacrificing some performance.

Menstruation Cycle and Pregnancy (Beeing Female Integration)

If you have Beeing Female installed, the slaves are initially given a random menstruation cycle and they might start with being pregnant.

In future, dialogues and working efficiency will be affected when a slave (or the player) is in her period or pregnant.

Details, and More Details...

• Custom animations for eating from a trough, equipping cuffs, hands behind head pose, etc.
  • Animation and sound effect while locking/unlocking doors.
  • ZaZ HDT shackles with a custom footstep set, which makes a rattling sound when moving.
  • Dirty bucket toilets, with flies flying around and spilled blood.
  • Every lights can be individually toggled off.
  • And many more...

Current Status

As it's still at a very early stage of the development cycle, only a small part of the planned contents have been implemented so far.

Currently a basic daily schedule is in place which runs in an endless cycle.

The detailed timeline of the implemented contents is as follows:

• 08:00 - 09:00 : The player enters the mine, and put to work after being processed.
  • 09:00 - 11:00 : Working.
  • 11:00 - 12:00 : Break / Counting ores.
  • 12:00 - 15:00 : Working.
  • 15:00 - 16:00 : Break / Counting ores.
  • 16:00 - 18:00 : Led out of the mining area / Cavity search / Led into the cells.
  • 18:00 - 19:10 : Rest in cells.
  • 19:10 - 20:00 : Feeding time (End of the Contents).
  • 20:00 - 20:30 : Rest in cells.
  • 20:30 - 06:00 : Sleep time
  • 06:00 - 08:00 : Led out of the cells / Cavity search / Led into the mining area.

Requirements

For the best experience, you might also want to use following mods in conjunction with Slaves of Tamriel.

• Immersive FP (Highly recommended) - Slaves of Tamriel is designed to be played almost exclusively using this mod, so it's strongly recommended for the best immersive experience. If you really don't like to use it, it's recommended to use the 3rd person perspective often, because with the vanilla first person view, you will miss lot of details which might enhanced the immersion otherwise.
  • (Unified) UNP - The current tattoo set for the UNP body type has better quality than the CBBE variant. (CBBE textures will be upgraded in future)
  • Sporty Sexy Sweat - Or any other spec texture map to give a sweaty look like Minou's
  • ENB + Enhanced Lights and FX - Slaves of Tamriel relies heavily on lighting effects, and it's been designed using this setup. Other lighting mods like Realistic Lighting Overhaul might make it look too dark or too saturated.
  • Beeing Female - When installed, slaves will start with random menstruation cycles and pregnancy status.
  • KS Hairdos Renewal - When installed, slaves will use preset hair from ks hairdos. The hairstyles are changeable in the mcm menu for all slaves. Browse through the hairstyles from ks hairdos with the "showracemenu" command , choose one you like and type the name of the hairstyle into the mcm option.

Installation

Copy all the contents of the main archive into your Data folder and enable the .esp file (or better, install it using Mod Organizer or NMM). Then, install one (not all!) of the texture packs which suits your character's body type and hardware.

For example, if you are using an UNP body type, and have a decent hardware, then try installing Slaves of Tamriel - Textures UNP Mixed.zipfirst, and see if it cause any problem.

If you experience a CTD or other performance issues, then try the 2k version instead, and if it fails again try the 1k version as the last resort. 4kversion gives the best quality, but would probably need some memory optimization or a good hardware to run.

After installing the texture pack, follow below instructions:

• Run 'Generate FNIS For Users.exe' .
  • Turn the subtitles option on from the settings menu.

And its highly recommended to start a new game to play this mod, and never use your main save without a backup.

One way to do this easily is to save your current character as a RaceMenu preset, if you're using it, and restore it after you start a new game using LAL.

If you find any problems, please check out the Papyrus log first, and ask for help.

Known Problems And Limitations

Skyrim is a great game, but as a modding platform, it's almost insanely undeterministic and unpredictable. And its APIs are notoriously inconsistent. While this wouldn't affect other types of mods too much, Slaves of Tamriel pushes the platform's limit in many aspects with heavy scripting, or complex scenes:

• Using free cam during the branding scene causes an endless loop which might be fatal to the player.
  • Sometimes, player's screaming during the branding scene is 'carried over' to the next stage.
  • Saving and loading during a scene may not work correctly (there's a chance the scene will be restarted, instead of resuming).
  • Occasionally, actors might stop moving and stand still indefinitely. In this case, try moving the offending actor by issuing 'moveto player' after selecting the actor from the console, or reloading from a previous save. It's due to a limitation of the platform itself, so almost impossible to avoid completely. But I'm trying my best to prevent it from happening, so I'll appreciate much if you can let me know exactly when and where this happens (preferably with a screenshot).
  • When the player character ragrolls in a hill, there's a chance that it will be stuck forever in an unplayable status. I had disabled ragdolling in 'dangerous' areas, but there's still a chance this could happen.
  • When a NPC ragrolls, it can stuck forever and only resurrect console command will bring it back to life. Slave 45 is the most susceptible, as it's the weakest among the slaves so occasionally fails to mine an ore during a shift. When it happens, just reload from a previous save.
  • Sometimes, animation offsets or dialogue timings are thrown off, especially in a high load situation.
  • Some lights don't turn on initially, or after loading a saved game. In this case, reloading or restarting will probably fix the problem.
  • Inside the cell, response to player's pressing the 'Rest' key is delayed by number of seconds.

Credits

Thanks to the original Creator Slaves of Tamriel.

Every mods that Slaves Tamriel depends on as a requirement deserves my sincere gratitude, as it wouldn't even be possible to create such a mod without them.

Additionally, Slaves Tamriel includes resources from following mods, thanks to the kind permission from the original authors:

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/25/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    SkyUI, SexLab Frameworks, ZaZ Animation Pack, ZaZ HDT Workshop, SlaveTats, Devious Devices Assets
  • Special Edition Compatible

Edited by CPU

Disabled waiting to prevent the player from breaking the schedule.

This is only while enslaved or in general? Because i usually like to wander around during daytime so i often use the wait function to wait till the night ends.

I always curiously followed this mod but didn't try it cause i wanted to wait till the schedule is finished. So i will probably download it today :).

I remember that in the old beta you also needed to free yourself via console commands from the mine, did you implement an option to end the mine slavery somehow like after serving xx days?

The Foot Shackles prevent the waiting, if you remove them via console you could wait again.

But no there is no way to escape the mine yet. you could just walk out there but the scripts would still run so its not recommended.

Probably i will implement a way to escape later but first i want to expand the quest.

This is best played with a new character.

The scene is getting stuck after the guard says my number is 36... Am I missing something?

(I have tried to move them around with the console, but no success)

Thanks.

just checked for me the intro works. 

Have you tried restarting the mod?

sometimes scenes get stuck thats just skyrim there seems to be no way of fixing this.

Anyone else having this issue ?

The scene is getting stuck after the guard says my number is 36... Am I missing something?

(I have tried to move them around with the console, but no success)

Thanks.

just checked for me the intro works. 

Have you tried restarting the mod?

sometimes scenes get stuck thats just skyrim there seems to be no way of fixing this.

Anyone else having this issue ?

I managed to make it work after disabling and enabling the "chief" guard.

Other than that, it seems to be working really well.

I can see the attention to the details on the scenes, very well done.

The whole disabling/enabling thing works sometimes.

But i highly recommend to make saves every 5-10 minutes or between scenes.

I tested the whole thing a lot and managed to get rid of most of the scene stucks, but sometimes they just randomly occur no matter how often it works.

Everything worked fine (except maybe the waiting part, it didnt want to continue, i think it had sth to do with the resting idle. After i tired a lot it changed from sitting, to lying on the floor)

Do you already have some ideas what you want to do with this mod? After the daily schedule and the In and Out of the mine is finished?

Mod started fine on my main game although the guard will not open the gate and I can't move or wait but on a new game I clicked start in MCM menu but nothing happened. It said 'slaves of Tamriel started successfully' but nothing else happened.

try enable/disable the guard. for the new game (which you should do) -> have you got the vanilla start? for the alternate life thing you must pick a life and get out of the cell. then try to activate it 

Mod started fine on my main game although the guard will not open the gate and I can't move or wait but on a new game I clicked start in MCM menu but nothing happened. It said 'slaves of Tamriel started successfully' but nothing else happened.

If the player is not moving while under ai controll often just waiting 10-20 seconds helps.If this does not work just load up your last save and retry the scene.

As i already mentioned sometimes actors get stuck this seems to be unavoidable just make regularly savegames.

The second problem is something i came across too. Sometimes starting the quest with the mcm menu does not work. But for me there was a realy simple fix just save your game exit and restart skyrim completely load up your save and it should work fine. I have absolutely no clue what is causing this, there is a if statement in the quest start function checking if the quest is already active and this just seems to occur if the quest already was startet while skyrim is running even on another savegame.

Im going to take another look at it.

Everything worked fine (except maybe the waiting part, it didnt want to continue, i think it had sth to do with the resting idle. After i tired a lot it changed from sitting, to lying on the floor)

Do you already have some ideas what you want to do with this mod? After the daily schedule and the In and Out of the mine is finished?

When you have to wait in the Cells after the feeding scene there is about 30 seconds or so where nothing happens. After that the guards should put out the torches and announce sleep time. When this happens there will be an invisible activator on the ground which lets you sleep until the next morning.

i hope you could get past that.Thats pretty much the part of the daily cycle i added if this is not working this would be bad.

There should be no ending to the daily cycle after you sleep you are beeing led to the mines again.

I tried to make the steps as clear as possible with the quest markers so there should almost always be an active quest objective.

About the future plans i have. At the moment im working on the slave appearences i have redone all there faces and added a mod support for ks hairdos meaning if the mod is installed all the slaves will use hair styles from ks hairdos and not the ugly vanilla ones.

next i wanna add some piercings and maybe stuff like the iron chastity belt from devious devices.

After that maybe more quest stuff like rape events and punishment for stealing or doing something wrong like trying to flee.

I already added new locations if you go outside the mine there is an administration building with a stable and if you go through the guard quarters and head down you will find a torture chamber i will try to implement this into something with a little bit of story.

When you have to wait in the Cells after the feeding scene there is about 30 seconds or so where nothing happens. After that the guards should put out the torches and announce sleep time. When this happens there will be an invisible activator on the ground which lets you sleep until the next morning.

i hope you could get past that.Thats pretty much the part of the daily cycle i added if this is not working this would be bad.

There should be no ending to the daily cycle after you sleep you are beeing led to the mines again.

I tried to make the steps as clear as possible with the quest markers so there should almost always be an active quest objective.

I could continue, i was back in the mines again. I mean just the first waiting part didnt transition properly to the feeding part.

Nice ideas you have! I hope everything goes as you plan :)

try enable/disable the guard. for the new game (which you should do) -> have you got the vanilla start? for the alternate life thing you must pick a life and get out of the cell. then try to activate it 

Tried enable/disable but then I had to use the console to unlock the doors but the guard did nothing after enabling him.

Nice that someone continue this mod. Here are some ideas that i wrote for the original thread:

Sounds very nice, i didnt installed it yet but is there a way to escape? Like after 3-4 days one slave is working on a plan to escape (but in the end just get crushed by falling rocks for some thrilling moments?).

Does the hair regrow?

What about a little infection: When you sleep there is a chance that the bugs that are crawling around your cell laying some eggs in your vagina/ass.

For punishment: You are now the toilet for other slaves (and maybe for the guards).

Smuggling: When the guards find something in your vagina that you wanted to smuggel in (idk what it could be) the guards will stitch/sew your vagina.

A bit cannibalism: Sometimes a slave dies so the guards will feed the remains to the others.

Might be able to integrate "S.L.U.T.S." cart pulling mechanics into pulling ore cards out to the surface.

Be able to have sex with another slave, then be forced by the guard to whip that slave as punishment (or vice versa) 

but you know; Take your time.

It's your first mod. I suggest cutting corners. Don't shy away from fade-out teleports.

"I hate fade-out teleports" said no Captured Dreams player ever.