SuperPowered (Ren'Py) 27/04/17

MMazeStalker

SuperPowered

It is a game made with with Ren'Py and the creator (Baal7734) renders everything in it, from characters to backgrounds and little clicky icons. The protagonist is called Billy, is 18 (going on 19) and just acquired his first super power : Enhanced Senses. Pretty lame, right? Well, to be fair, it's the only one his mom could afford. Yes, afford. In this world, you can just walk up to a Globex clinic and buy yourself a power. One hitch : not everyone's body can cope with it and before you can buy a power, you have to submit to a medical test to make sure you can take it. Most people can only deal with one or two of these but to his (and the nurse's) surprise, Billy does not seem to have a limit to the number of powers he could get. I'll be honest with you folks, that's probably because he's the protagonist. Still, that means on top of the Enhanced Senses, Billy will be able to acquire Super Strength, Flight, Mind-Control (oh yes :D) and many more.

Throughout the game, Billy will be facing many threats. Remember, people can buy powers, that mean a lot of people could potentially become super villains. Those threats could present as your run-of-the-mill mugger, bank robber, speedster thief or some much darker things. Who knows, Billy might even become a threat to himself. Did I mention with every injection (that's how you get powers) comes a flaw? No? Oh, then I should probably say that his Enhanced Senses injection made him super horny and not quite as inhibited as he used to be. That means if he uses it to look through peoples clothes too much, he's likely to just rub one out at the mall or at school.

Features

Fully 3D
Up to 12 different super powers with 3 different levels each (6 are currently in)
A complete stats system for both PC and NPCs
Quests! (to come)
An alignment system
An influence system
An elaborate combat system (to come)
Many, many hot NPCs (6 in Patreon release, 5 in the public release, rest to come)
A lot of different locations to visit (5 currently in)

Kinks and Fetishes

Mind-control
Incest
Public sex
Corruption
Fem-dom (to come)
Orgies (to come)
Anililagnia (to come)
Ephebophilia (only the legal kind, to come)
and so many more

Dev History
I don't know if this is really worth a section of it's own but I think it should be mentioned. I just don't know where. The Ren'py version is actually the second version of the game. The creator used to make on RAGS but dues to the limitations of the platform and the scale of the game, he had to find something else to build it on, hence Ren'py. The RAGS version was much further into development, which is why I know so much about what's to come. Well, that and the fact that when you look at what's already in it, you get a pretty good idea.

Current State of the Game (Public version)

The game is still in it's early development phase but there is already quite a few scenes in it and you can get a very good taste of what's to come. There are currently three NPCs in it (Maggie, Billy's mom, Kelly, the Queen Bee, Samantha, the Dancer, Allie the Nerd and Principal Larson, the school's... you know, principal) and a 5th (Allie, the Petite Nerd) in the Patreon version but more will be added as the game grows. Enhanced Senses is fully implemented, so are the Mind Control, Super Empathy, Psychosism and Flight powers. There are 4 locations to be visited (the school to raise your stats, Katie Sackoff's coffee, Globex, to upgrade your power and the Logistics Division for new jobs. This last one is only available after Larson makes mention of it once your grade hits 80) The vanilla relationship system is fully implemented.

Changelog for the public 0.13.00 build

What is new?

New Location: The Initiative
 New Training: IDP
 New Training: HIT
 New Stat: Resistence
 Intro Part 3: Complete
 Principal Larson: Part 2
 School Location: Library
 Bonus Content: Additional Coercion Scene-Mom & Larson

What does it mean?

New Location: The Initiative- The Initiative is a government program instituted to train and police new heroes. It's hours are day and afternoon, 7 days a week. You can get there by flying or bus. You can currently only gain Initiative Influence from letters of recommendation. More options will be added in 0.15.00.

New Training: IDP- Initiative Discipline Protocol is a very specific form of training that develops your Resistence stat. Your IDP rank is how many training sessions you've trained. As a side note, this form of training will eventually be what is needed in order to get new power injections. You may only use Initiative Influence for this type of training.

New Training: HIT- High Intensity Training is a seperate training program dedicated to improving your core traits. It takes 3 training sessions per trait. However each training session makes all future training sessions cost more.

New Stat: Resistance- Resistance is your characters ability to resist succumbing to thier flaws and overall general loss of willpower. This will also be a combat stat for social oriented attacks and powers. (eventually)

Intro Part 3- The last part of the Intro is now complete. I will most likely add alternative paths based off perks in the future.

Principal Larson: part 2- Pricipal Larson's Scenes are now finished with the exception of her unstable states, which I will add in 0.14.00.

School Location: Library- You can now pay $25 and 20 energy to get tutoring in the Library. Currently you can be tutored by Terri, Samantha, and Allie, and MindCraft reprogramming will trigger here . Tutoring is slightly stronger than studying at home. 

Bonus Content: Additional Coercion Scene-Mom & Larson : Both Mom and Larson now have 1 more coercion option than the other characters. I will add in the other characters as time permits.

Links

The game will work on a delayed release model. Patreons will have access to the current build and there will be a public build available for anyone to grab that is one release (and bug-free) behind the patreon release. Before the build hits alpha, they are both one and the same.

Patreon link
https://www.patreon.com/NightCity

Current Release (0.12.10)
Primary : https://mega.nz/#F!ggJhTJ6K!Vma9KczPns4kYVgk90jQNA 
Secondary : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w16m1kd3udq216a/AADE2aQhUg7A_HslTZr6MKAPa?dl=0
Wiki
http://night-city-productions.wikia.com/wiki/SuperPowered_Main_Page

Original thread on the Hypnopics Collective (where Baal7734 goes often, if you'd rather speak directly to him)
http://www.hypnopics-collective.net/smf_forum/index.php?topic=21631.0

Contacts

You can send your questions and comments my way and I will either answer them or pass them along to Baal7734. You can also contact him directly through his Patreon page or on the Hypnopics Collective forums.

post-603269-0-24165100-1458915370_thumb.png

post-603269-0-38569800-1458915387_thumb.png

post-603269-0-54056300-1458915420_thumb.png

post-603269-0-40063900-1458915490_thumb.png

post-603269-0-96063500-1474813654_thumb.png

post-603269-0-89040500-1485960988_thumb.png

I'm quiet sure that there was such game in rags. I assume that you are creator of that one, why switched to Ren'Py?

I played the rags version, it was fine in general but didn't liked male only pc.

Thanks for the new game. I'm sorry but from the text I didn't understand if the sex is animated or in the pictures?

Ren'Py = pictures.

How do you use your power? Or is it not implemented yet?

At present the game is in a  pre-alpha version.  The powers will be in the next release (probably next week). If you can't wait and you like to have a better idea about the game you must download the old rags version.

you must download the old rags version.

Which is where exactly?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.

The best superpowers for the sex part of the game are mind control (of course) and empathy.  I suggest to check the old treads on Hypnopics Collective forums for hints about the best strategies. Please be aware that the new version of the game will be far superior.

Seems like I was just a little too slow :P Don't forget to use RAGS 2.4.16 as the other versions will cause a lot of bugs. IIRC the last Superpowered version was 0.17d, which I still have, so send a message if yours is older.

Edit : A new Ren'Py version is out, I updated the original post with the info and the link. Mind-control is now implemented. Have fun!

Edit 2 : Bugfix is out. V 0.053

• 2 weeks later...

Either women need to not get angry at you when you try and fail to make a romantic approach, or it needs to be clearer that it's not going to work. Also anger needs to be easier to get rid off. (I got into the habit of saving before I did something I knew to have a cost of any kind, just in case it didn't work. I did the same thing for school because I don't feel like spending even longer grinding.)

Either women need to not get angry at you when you try and fail to make a romantic approach, or it needs to be clearer that it's not going to work. Also anger needs to be easier to get rid off. (I got into the habit of saving before I did something I knew to have a cost of any kind, just in case it didn't work. I did the same thing for school because I don't feel like spending even longer grinding.)

At the moment, anger can be lowered by two ways.

1- Mind-controlling her.

2- Doing chores. Once the rent amount is down to 0, any time you do chores, you reduce Maggie's anger instead. 

As for the school... there was a bug that made it so higher concentration meant less likely odds of success, there is a new bugfix version out that fixes that. I'll be updating the link in a minute. Now raising the concentration talent will not only increase the XP you get from school but also increase your odds of successfully learning while you're in class. While we're on the subject, a vote on the patreon page decided that school would be the next area to be expanded. We should also see the introduction of Principal Larson soon. 

1- Mind-controlling her.

2- Doing chores. Once the rent amount is down to 0, any time you do chores, you reduce Maggie's anger instead. 

As for the school... there was a bug that made it so higher concentration meant less likely odds of success, there is a new bugfix version out that fixes that. I'll be updating the link in a minute. Now raising the concentration talent will not only increase the XP you get from school but also increase your odds of successfully learning while you're in class. While we're on the subject, a vote on the patreon page decided that school would be the next area to be expanded. We should also see the introduction of Principal Larson soon. 

Sounds good, though there is a problem I've been having, a lot of the pictures don't seem to exist (Like when "mom" refuses while wearing the slut outfit, or when she has sex while we're driving because I've programmed her to.) was I supposed to install over the old version or something?

Edit: Actually the hotfix seems to have at least partly fixed it, used to be it would throw an exception whenever I tried to do the chores around the house, but now it shows the images on it's own. I'll try out the slut refusal one, shouldn't be too hard to get her to say no to something.

Edit2: That one works fine too, it looks fixed.

1- Mind-controlling her.

Sounds good, though there is a problem I've been having, a lot of the pictures don't seem to exist (Like when "mom" refuses while wearing the slut outfit, or when she has sex while we're driving because I've programmed her to.) was I supposed to install over the old version or something?

Edit: Actually the hotfix seems to have at least partly fixed it, used to be it would throw an exception whenever I tried to do the chores around the house, but now it shows the images on it's own. I'll try out the slut refusal one, shouldn't be too hard to get her to say no to something.

Edit2: That one works fine too, it looks fixed.

Man, this quoting will get out of hand fast :P

Every version posted up top is the full game so once you get the new one, you can delete the old folder you had with the game. You can always keep it, of course but it's not necessary. What I mean by a bugfix version is that it's a new version, but without any new content, only bug fixes. Overwriting the old folder -should- be fine but may lead to issues so just to be on the safe side, you may want to use a new folder. 

I'm still aware of a few minor bugs in this version but it looks like Baal7734 is already working on the next release. I'll keep you guys posted.

To pinkpunkt : Maggie is Billy's mom so romantic love is not really an option unless you use the mind control power to remove this barrier. You'll need MC rank 2 and then use Suppression : Family Ties. wait a few days for it to kick in and then her love will raise with the proper interactions

To Yakaza : that is a minor bug. once you get it to 69, having her dressing down will again lower it. Same happens at each "dressing milestone" if you will. 

there are a few ways to get Inhib lower than that : You can use what I told to pinkpunkt to get her love and lust values up and then use the SEX option under Physical Contacts. Not the quickie, the option that makes time move forward. During that action, the second and third choices will either raise corruption (generous) or lower inhib (selfish) up to 50.

The second option is to get mind control at rank 3 and use Supress : Modesty to get both inhib and corruption down or Suppress : Restraint to get both of them up.

To Yakaza : Suppress - Modesty is to get Inhib and Corruption down. If you want to by able to raise Maggie's love score, you need to hit her with Suppress - Family Ties. 

Praz-el : I know, it's harsh. Right now, the best way to counter that is save-scumming before trying a new action. I will add the requirements for each interactions to the wiki soon. It will probably be my next addition, actually. 

To MMazeStalker: I see but when I switched from family ties to modesty. I wasn't able to performe any romantic actions anymore. Is their a certain threshhold where you can performe romantic actions with relatives without surpressing family ties or do have to keep family ties to have romantic relations at all ( example you can't use the grope action anymore if you switch)?

I can't seem to find the post in which it was mentioned but IIRC, Baal said it was the way he intended it. I'll double check with him to make sure and I'll get back to you on that. 

It was mentioned a few times that not being to see requirements for the actions was too punishing. According to a post from Baal on the Collective, there will be a power that allows you to see the requirements. It'll be called Intuitive Analysis. 

Edit : I received an answer :

Currently you need to keep the suppression in place. The next update will have another  method for circumventing familial ties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You might want to consider putting the latest demo here, or at least notify us. (Pro tip, we don't get notifications when you modify an existing post, so you should put a new post out whenever you make an update available.)

Archived