[Help/Request] Creating a Manual Inflation Mod

ZigNewton

I'm looking to put together a (hopefully) simple mod that allows the user to manually inflate and deflate any targeted NPC's breasts, belly, or ass on command. I intend to leave the hotkeys unassigned until the user assigns them in the MCM menu, have the Shift key as the default modifier for deflation, and Alt as the modifier for the player (Whom I'm less concerned about at the moment).

For example
Tap [N] (or whatever your sexlab targeting hotkey is) to select an NPC.
Holding [NUM 4] will slowly inflate Ingun Black-Briar's breasts.
Holding [sHIFT] + [NUM 4] will gradually deflate Ingun's breasts.
Pressing a different hotkey would discard all size changes in the NPC.

I won't bother having a size limit on growth or shrinkage, the user can be the judge of what is and isn't reasonable on their own. I also don't plan on leaving any scripting footprints with this mod. When you or an NPC is inflated, the user should be able to save, load, or change cells and expect any altered proportions to return to their normal size without consequence. This isn't meant to permanently alter anyone's physique. Just temporary dumb-fun inflation on the spot.

For the sake of argument, I'm calling this mod "Expander Commander". Hopefully this is as easy to build as it looks...
My question is, what particular scripting knowledge do I need to learn to make this happen? Where do I even begin?

I wouldn't mind adding functionality to the player as well as possibly adding other optional body nodes to expand, I just want to make sure I can get the basic concept off the ground first. Player inflation was secondary on my priorities mainly because I happen to only play male characters, but it's definitely on the table.

I've been meaning to post this for a while.

In the non-adult section is a mod called NPC Body Scale Randomizer. I've built a extension on this that also gives the player spells to modify themselves and others, and have it persist between cell changes. I've also made potions that will show up in the world to buy or find (although I need to add a couple more shrinking based ones). It's not the hotkeys-based idea you're looking for, but it should be a good start. I've been testing a disease module for this, but it's not ready yet. 

Requirements:

PapyrusUtil

Racemenu / NetImmerse Override

Note: I've included the main BSR mod as I had to do some rewrites to it for this to work, so I'm including it here. Mainly NiOverride stuff and adding ScaleNode support for CITRUS/UNP/etc.

NPC Body Scale Randomizer.zip

NPC Body Scale Spells.zip

I've been meaning to post this for a while.

In the non-adult section is a mod called NPC Body Scale Randomizer. I've built a extension on this that also gives the player spells to modify themselves and others, and have it persist between cell changes. I've also made potions that will show up in the world to buy or find (although I need to add a couple more shrinking based ones). It's not the hotkeys-based idea you're looking for, but it should be a good start. I've been testing a disease module for this, but it's not ready yet. 

Requirements:

PapyrusUtil

Racemenu / NetImmerse Override

Note: I've included the main BSR mod as I had to do some rewrites to it for this to work, so I'm including it here. Mainly NiOverride stuff and adding ScaleNode support for CITRUS/UNP/etc.

Did you write these yourself? Do they target specific body nodes, or the whole body? I'm looking at tutorials off-site, but I don't know if they'll be enough to cover Sexlab related stuff. Where did you learn what you learned?

I've based this off a combination of the Macromancy series on Nexus, and the BSR mod on here to get to where I want, with various rewrites here and here. I find myself still tweaking things as needed, though I'm close to where I want with this.

Nodes it affects:

NPC L Breast

NPC R Breast

NPC Belly

NPC L Butt

NPC R Butt

NPC

The last one affects overall height/scale.

By using NiOverride, I'm not spamming the setscale/netimmerse functions to the point where the game crashes, and by using a unique modkey, I'm not having to fight other mods to do what I want. I'm debating a sizable code tweak to include the SLIF calls and scale handling (which would have to be in every script file for consistancy/proper operation), though I'm fine with not having to have a framework for a dependency. 

Honestly, as to coding, I took the time to read various source codes as to what they did when Skyrim was released, be it the official Creation Kit site, the SKYUI github, TES adventurer's guild, Nexus forums, here, or what have you.

• 9 months later...

sounds great, but for some reason the spells won't install, they won't even show up in the mods tab in the start menu, is there a special way to install it, or maybe I'm just stupid and I'm doing something obviously wrong, if you could let me know the best way to install it that would be appreciated

Archived