Performance improvements help

So today I finally got around to installing ENB and a pre-set...

Obviously this gave my PC a performance hit and Skyrim now runs at about 20fps, not great.

Only problem is; With 8gb of RAM, a quad core Phenom II at 3.6 gHz and an over-clocked 750Ti It ought'a be able to handle it.

Task manager reveals that Skyrim is only using about 3.5gb or RAM and the processor rarely peaks above 40% total usage.

Now I'm sure most of you have already guessed that this was my issue and are familiar with it so I'd simply like to enquire as to how I can go about fixing it. I've heard many things about LAA, a 4gb launcher and more patches than you could ask for however I've found no definitive answer to Skyrims' inability to use all the resources it has access to.

If anyone has any bright ideas, "I'm all ears!" as they say.

Cheers,

DareDemon666

Consider checking what how much of the 750Ti is being used up. Some ENB presets can be consuming especially on a graphics cards ram. If you dont have something to do this with, you can use openhardware monitor, easy to look at if you have two monitors in use.

750Ti isn't that great for modded skyrim + ENB, it's focus is 2D rendering and doesn't quite have enough power for good 3D rendering. You'll either have to turn off AA and SSAO, remove some texture replacers, turn off other effects or find a less demanding ENB. 20FPS is about right, if you're running a decent amount of mods with ENB for that card.

Huh that's strange. I can run a lot of 3D demanding games on max graphics settings with it no problem.

According to open hardware monitor the GPU core is at 99% steady and the Ram is at about 70-75% with the max being 79%.

There's clearly a large strain on the GPU but the RAM isn't maxed out, I guess it's just the core that's limiting it?

Unfortunately yeah. I'm not saying it's an issue with the card exactly. I used to use it, played each assassin's creed game on ultra until black flag, then I had to start turning some stuff down. When I used ENB I'd sometimes just have to turn effects off entirely because in certain area's I'd start hitting around 10fps, I used a lot of texture replaces for pretty much everything I could, but the card just couldn't cope.

Archived