Vampiric Thirst by Miss Leeches

so what does your mod change exactly?... anything besides scripts?.

i might be able to help you pinpoint problem issues and suggest workarounds/fixs...

besides i would like to know what you do so i can make necessary adjustments to the sresource.esm ... to do list or try to come up with scripts (i hate scripting, specially for CK).

i might be able to help you pinpoint problem issues and suggest workarounds/fixs...

besides i would like to know what you do so i can make necessary adjustments to the sresource.esm ... to do list or try to come up with scripts (i hate scripting' date=' specially for CK).

[/quote']

I avoided changing any vanilla assets other than: the "PlayerVampireQuestScript" script, "PlayerVampireQuest" quest, "VampireFeed" perk and "VampirePoisonResist", "VampireHuntersSight", "VampireVampirism" spells. In a perfect world those things would only ever be modified by vampire mods but it looks I was a little too optimistic about that... ._.

Hi I'm not to sure if this will be an help at all, But there is a vampire mod over on nexus http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11487 that while isn't being worked on/supported anymore did actually allow feeding animations for custom races, As when I played using the Cherry Race (before Trykz released his awesome Moonshadow elves mod), With this mod enabled my character would feed on sleeping npcs but when disabling it the feeding animations would not happen anymore.

Maybe there is something in the scripting or the perks that has enabled it that might help you to do the same with this masterpiece you have created.

Hope this helps in anyway and sorry for the ramble :)

besides i would like to know what you do so i can make necessary adjustments to the sresource.esm ... to do list or try to come up with scripts (i hate scripting' date=' specially for CK).

[/quote']

I avoided changing any vanilla assets other than: the "PlayerVampireQuestScript" script, "PlayerVampireQuest" quest, "VampireFeed" perk and "VampirePoisonResist", "VampireHuntersSight", "VampireVampirism" spells. In a perfect world those things would only ever be modified by vampire mods but it looks I was a little too optimistic about that... ._.

ok, ill add that to the list of assets to be worked (was going to be done anyways) but concentrate on the animations/meshes/textures and then you can access those from your mod to be used however you want within your mod... also you might want to consider adding in the possibility for MCM usage on your mod.

Hi I'm not to sure if this will be an help at all' date=' But there is a vampire mod over on nexus http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11487 that while isn't being worked on/supported anymore did actually allow feeding animations for custom races, As when I played using the Cherry Race (before Trykz released his awesome Moonshadow elves mod), With this mod enabled my character would feed on sleeping npcs but when disabling it the feeding animations would not happen anymore.

Maybe there is something in the scripting or the perks that has enabled it that might help you to do the same with this masterpiece you have created.

Hope this helps in anyway and sorry for the ramble :)

[/quote']

i have seen that mod i think, if its the same one that i remember its extremely buggy... someone would have to get permissions etc. to look at the mod and see if anything from can be used at all.

not yet, but it is being worked on... sorta anyways no real work has been done on it just prep for how we are going to try to design and use it etc.

thats why i need more people to help me directly with the sresource.esm mod file... i can code xml, i can even code some very basic C+,C++ but the scripting gives me headaches and makes me want to through my computer out the widow and use a sledge hammer on it, the way the CK uses scripting is so backwards to any kind of logic from a programming standpoint that it doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever.

edit:

i end up getting very confused very quickly about how it runs calls/if statements/and most of all AI behaviors (which are in desperate need of serious upgrading for some of them)...

not yet' date=' but it is being worked on... sorta anyways no real work has been done on it just prep for how we are going to try to design and use it etc.

thats why i need more people to help me directly with the sresource.esm mod file... i can code xml, i can even code some very basic C+,C++ but the scripting gives me headaches and makes me want to through my computer out the widow and use a sledge hammer on it, the way the CK uses scripting is so backwards to any kind of logic from a programming standpoint that it doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever.

edit:

i end up getting very confused very quickly about how it runs calls/if statements/and most of all AI behaviors (which are in desperate need of serious upgrading for some of them)...

[/quote']

Aw that's not that bad! I thought that too at first but then I got used to papyrus: I love the way it works but I just wish it had more functions available so I wouldn't have to write whole scripts for things that should be done with one command...

But it can be easy to understand you just need to embrace the illogic! xD

Anyways version 1.35 is now uploaded: details in the description!

I don't really know how the Nord was fixed. I just know that it didn't work with my vanilla vampire converted but worked when I contracted vampirism with the mod already active.

Oh you mean you ran the converter without the main VT esp active? Because that could be the reason. The hotkey manager is included in the "VampirePoisonResist" ability. Skyrim doesn't update constant abilities automatically they need to be removed and added again which is what the converter does too but you have to have both mslVampiricThirst and the converter active at the time.

Or you can use the console to switch back to your mortal race ("player.setrace nordrace") and then again to the vampire version "player.setrace nordracevampire" and it should update all the constant abilities!

The custom race (Nidia) actually does have both vampire and human forms' date=' but even without your mod its vampire form is broken so I'll try to set it as a vampire next as you suggested.[/quote']Ooopsie! I must have misread something! I never used that race could you tell me how exactly it's broken?

I'm not sure why this is, but when that race becomes a vampire it is not able to feed on anyone while they are asleep. I'm thinking that means it is only a vampire in name, and could be the reason why it does not work with Vampiric Thirst. I don't really mind giving up that race, but I definitely prefer its appearance.

Ohhhh... I think it's either lack of the "VampireFeed" perk on your character or lack of the "Vampire" keyword on the vampire "race". Could you give me a linky to that race? I'll see what's wrong

Absolutely love this mod, makes Skyrim vampirism engaging and meaningful.

Are there any plans for adding in fangs down the line? Minor thing for most players I bet, but it does add a little much needed charm in my opinion.

Thank you! And yah that's something I'd love too! but I'm not a modeller I'd need someone else to make the fangs (and maybe better animations and visible claws too! ^^)

First of all, fangs and claws would be awesome. Awesome.

Also: Nidia and Ashen.

Some older vampire stories have vampires able to transform into wolves and bats as well as the mist which you have already included, are you planning to put in any sort of animal transformations for vampires or do you think that werewolves already have that sort of thing covered?

@diel: i we will try to have something like that with the esm file and some SMCM controls to go along with it for adjusting how vampire/were interactions will work for the PC how long certain effects are or allowing them to toggle... not sure on bats, we could probably scrape up a mesh and texture to be made available for use by this vamp mod, would also need proper animations and skeleton for it as well.

@ms leeches: you using in-game/CK smoke effects for the mist? if so thats pretty impressive.

edit: FYI, i wont be adding new races besides those i have already chosen add, however other mods will (i hope) be able to work with the esm to add those races if you plan on using them... hopefully they add extra script to be used with the SMCM.

Med111

All the sources are already included but cleverly hidden inside the bsa archive ^^

sbseed

Thanks! I used the "wisp" visual effect for the mist, it was a love at first sight ^^

Anyways I just uplodaed version 1.37 which *should* solve the feeding issues custom races are having but no promise! Some of those mods really make things difficult (and each has its own way of doing it! How fun! I wish they just stayed away from vampirism...)

Med111

All the sources are already included but cleverly hidden inside the bsa archive ^^

sbseed

Thanks! I used the "wisp" visual effect for the mist' date=' it was a love at first sight ^^

Anyways I just uplodaed version 1.37 which *should* solve the feeding issues custom races are having but no promise! Some of those mods really make things difficult (and each has its own way of doing it! How fun! I wish they just stayed away from vampirism...)

[/quote']

As far as I'm aware, you've fixed all the problems and the mod is working perfectly. Thanks a lot.

NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME... I've gotta find that dialogue still :D

Edit: One tiny thing found. When coercing the victim into letting you feed on them, it seems like it was trying to give a description of his reaction. However the screen immediately darkens and the animation plays so I can't read it.

Additionally it seems like the console is only able to select the PC directly after becoming a vampire. I have no idea why or how that happens though.

The dialogue is awesome so far by the way, I'll just have to try the male version next.

Edit: One tiny thing found. When coercing the victim into letting you feed on them' date=' it seems like it was trying to give a description of his reaction. However the screen immediately darkens and the animation plays so I can't read it.

[/quote']

A lot of people are having this problem and I don't know why. If you have "Fuz Ro D-oh" (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14884) installed correctly it shouldn't be happening.

Additionally it seems like the console is only able to select the PC directly after becoming a vampire. I have no idea why or how that happens though.

Awh... I'm sorry but I don't understand what do you mean?

Does this affect all vampires in the game or just the player character?

A little yes and a little no. It does give npc vampires age benefits dependent on their level and status (bosses are older than normal vampires regardless of their level) as well as weakness to fire and sunlight (except those who are involved in quests so they don't accidentally burn up in the sun and break them) but they currently don't need to feed and don't have access to most of the powers player can use... yet.

Guest Vendayn

I have "Fuz Ro D-oh". Latest SKSE. And moved the SKSE folder and sound folder into data...and the text still goes really fast. So, not sure why it doesn't work.

That is only problem I've found so far.

Edit: One tiny thing found. When coercing the victim into letting you feed on them' date=' it seems like it was trying to give a description of his reaction. However the screen immediately darkens and the animation plays so I can't read it.

[/quote']

A lot of people are having this problem and I don't know why. If you have "Fuz Ro D-oh" (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14884) installed correctly it shouldn't be happening.

I'll try the silent voice mod next.

I mean that you're usually able to select individual items in the console (such as NPCs, the ground, various environmental objects) by clicking on them. Upon becoming a vampire with this mod installed, my PC is the only selectable target, as though her hitbox were encompassing all of Skyrim. I know that's not what's happening since enemies still have to get close to use melee attacks, but I don't know the actual problem.

Guest Vendayn

[/quote']

I'll try the silent voice mod next.

I mean that you're usually able to select individual items in the console (such as NPCs' date=' the ground, various environmental objects) by clicking on them. Upon becoming a vampire with this mod installed, my PC is the only selectable target, as though her hitbox were encompassing all of Skyrim. I know that's not what's happening since enemies still have to get close to use melee attacks, but I don't know the actual problem.

[/quote']

Let me know if it works for you. It didn't for me, but maybe I did something wrong. Should be simple enough as it was just moving a couple folders into the data folder. It would be nice to see the text for longer.

I have "Fuz Ro D-oh". Latest SKSE. And moved the SKSE folder and sound folder into data...and the text still goes really fast. So' date=' not sure why it doesn't work.

That is only problem I've found so far.

[/quote']Just to check, you're launching the game with the skse_loader.exe and not through Steam, right?

Mod works great for me! While the v to feed does not work even after setting it, the feed power works just fine! Fus-ro-d'oh doesn't seem to be working but that is probably an issue with my install. Great mod though! No issues so far when using a custom race and making a quick patch for it!

Mod works great for me! While the v to feed does not work even after setting it' date=' the feed power works just fine! Fus-ro-d'oh doesn't seem to be working but that is probably an issue with my install. Great mod though! No issues so far when using a custom race and making a quick patch for it!

[/quote']

How did you make the custom race work?

Instructions that came with the mod did not work for me.

Mod works great, and I love the dialog!

Only bug I ran into was with interactions between this mod (v 1.37) and Alternate Start: Live Another Life. In the Vampire start, your character wakes up starving in a cave with no access to humanoid prey. You can make your way to local bandit lairs or settlements to feed, but you're a first level character weakened further by hunger.

Maybe a toggle to turn off the hunger effect temporarily? I got around it eventually by luring a bandit away from his gang and feeding on him, but it was a pain.

It's the dialog when using Seduce that really made this mod stand out for me. I'd love to see more.