Vampiric Thirst by Miss Leeches

Finally! I was starting to doubt I'd ever get it released!

I'm not sure just how "adult" this is but I did get a tinge racy with the seduction dialogue ^^ and intend to work closely with Skyrim Slavers Guild and Sexrim so I gueeeeess it's safest to put it here ^^

Vanilla edition (outdated):
Nexus download link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16691

Dawnguard edition:
Nexus download link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24222/

Version 2.5 is up!

And unless I get buried by bug reports I think it's time to finally start working on compatibility with SexLab and its mods ^^

Sounds really good :)

I always liked Vampire the Masquerade, and some of the Oblivion mods based around it really made vampirism worth while, something vanilla is still lacking in Skyrim.

Hope you keep at it anyway, there's some serious potential here.

Yes! I'd love some quests too! I wish someone would make them ^^

But serious now. Yah quests are planned. Actually I have a whole plot involving the Cyrodiil Vampyrum Order and the Volkihar having a turf war written out!

But fiiiiirst... I need to clean up some bugs, I hope nobody downloaded the first version I uploaded! The esm made everything go wrong like... like... like... oh I don't know what I want to say but it includes words "carousel" and "hit on the head with a rock".

And I completely don't know why! My work version (esp) has no problems so I uploaded it instead for now but I'd still love to know what's wrong with the esm version!

Whenever I think I'm *starting* to understand how Skyrim works... ._.

What sort of weirdness? I assume you switched it to ESM using something like tessnip?

Wrye Bash. I always did it in Oblivion and there weren't ever any problems. I guess I'll need to be careful with my old habits n_n

Ohhh the wierdness you can read about it the comments on nexus are all full of the issues ^^ And I got them too! The moment you turned into vampire the main script would just go insane and do completely random things! And someone else said that starting a new game made everyone in Helgen turn into vampires and burn up in the sun ^^ I tried to confirm that (would have been funny to see xD) but it didn't happen to me so I guess that one was a mod conflict thing. Still the script going wild really scared me!

Sounds like fun :P

Wyre bash should be fine if it's out for Skyrim

Not sure I can help much unfortunately. Opened it up in Creation kit, realised it is nothing like GECK and panic closed it again :D

It would definitely be better as an ESM if anyone can help you get it fixed though.

This is amazing! I am using a mod that stops my vampire from getting the very gaunt-looking face at the moment but I don't think it's compatible with this. Gonna try this out though, i'm excited. (:

edit: gonna try that mod you suggested for sunken cheeks xD

My "v" key does nothing when I press it but it could be a problem on my end. I'm using a custom race (used the tutorial) but it didn't work on my Nord either.

I already like the way it looks just from how you wake up blood-crazed with everyone trying to kill you.

Edit: I think I fixed it on the Nord, but the custom race still seems broken. If it's not too hard to create, is it possible you could also make a tutorial for making a vampire counterpart of a custom race?

My "v" key does nothing when I press it but it could be a problem on my end. I'm using a custom race (used the tutorial) but it didn't work on my Nord either.

I already like the way it looks just from how you wake up blood-crazed with everyone trying to kill you.

Edit: I think I fixed it on the Nord' date=' but the custom race still seems broken. If it's not too hard to create, is it possible you could also make a tutorial for making a vampire counterpart of a custom race?

[/quote']

I already included a little tutorial in the "compatibility notes" part ^^ You just need to drop the mortal version of your custom race into "mslVTRacesFL" and the vampirce version into "mslVTRacesVampiresFL" and make sure they have the same index and it should work. Though it may also need setting the two esps (the one containing the custom race and Vampiric Thirst esp) as masters to the formlist changing plugin (using Wrye Bash's "add master" function on it)

I you're not sure how to do that you could sent me the esp file containing the race and I'll try to do it for you!

Or you can switch to the vampire version of that race (assuming it has one, I haven't played any custom races yet but the creator may have forgotten to include vamp version) using the console. Just obtain the id of that "vampified" version and use "player.setrace"

I hope one of these works!

By the by how did you "fix" it on the Nord? I'd like to know in case other people have this issue too

Uploaded version 1.25!

It allows feeding using a "power" if someone doesn't like/can't get the hotkey working!

And also fixes the hunger states going crazy right after the change! Your character should no longer be first full then starved but instead get an amount of blood dependent on her health.

If this version isn't perfect I don't know what is ^^

Edit: I think I fixed it on the Nord' date=' but the custom race still seems broken. If it's not too hard to create, is it possible you could also make a tutorial for making a vampire counterpart of a custom race?

[/quote']

I already included a little tutorial in the "compatibility notes" part ^^ You just need to drop the mortal version of your custom race into "mslVTRacesFL" and the vampirce version into "mslVTRacesVampiresFL" and make sure they have the same index and it should work. Though it may also need setting the two esps (the one containing the custom race and Vampiric Thirst esp) as masters to the formlist changing plugin (using Wrye Bash's "add master" function on it)

I you're not sure how to do that you could sent me the esp file containing the race and I'll try to do it for you!

Or you can switch to the vampire version of that race (assuming it has one, I haven't played any custom races yet but the creator may have forgotten to include vamp version) using the console. Just obtain the id of that "vampified" version and use "player.setrace"

I hope one of these works!

By the by how did you "fix" it on the Nord? I'd like to know in case other people have this issue too

I don't really know how the Nord was fixed. I just know that it didn't work with my vanilla vampire converted but worked when I contracted vampirism with the mod already active.

The custom race (Nidia) actually does have both vampire and human forms, but even without your mod its vampire form is broken so I'll try to set it as a vampire next as you suggested.

Guest Donkey

Thanks for this one. i always played a wherewolf and never really tried vampire yet this will defenently make wanna test the other side.

I don't really know how the Nord was fixed. I just know that it didn't work with my vanilla vampire converted but worked when I contracted vampirism with the mod already active.

Oh you mean you ran the converter without the main VT esp active? Because that could be the reason. The hotkey manager is included in the "VampirePoisonResist" ability. Skyrim doesn't update constant abilities automatically they need to be removed and added again which is what the converter does too but you have to have both mslVampiricThirst and the converter active at the time.

Or you can use the console to switch back to your mortal race ("player.setrace nordrace") and then again to the vampire version "player.setrace nordracevampire" and it should update all the constant abilities!

The custom race (Nidia) actually does have both vampire and human forms' date=' but even without your mod its vampire form is broken so I'll try to set it as a vampire next as you suggested.[/quote']Ooopsie! I must have misread something! I never used that race could you tell me how exactly it's broken?

Oh you mean you ran the converter without the main VT esp active? Because that could be the reason. The hotkey manager is included in the "VampirePoisonResist" ability. Skyrim doesn't update constant abilities automatically they need to be removed and added again which is what the converter does too but you have to have both mslVampiricThirst and the converter active at the time.

Or you can use the console to switch back to your mortal race ("player.setrace nordrace") and then again to the vampire version "player.setrace nordracevampire" and it should update all the constant abilities!

The custom race (Nidia) actually does have both vampire and human forms' date=' but even without your mod its vampire form is broken so I'll try to set it as a vampire next as you suggested.[/quote']Ooopsie! I must have misread something! I never used that race could you tell me how exactly it's broken?

I'm not sure why this is, but when that race becomes a vampire it is not able to feed on anyone while they are asleep. I'm thinking that means it is only a vampire in name, and could be the reason why it does not work with Vampiric Thirst. I don't really mind giving up that race, but I definitely prefer its appearance.

I'm not sure why this is, but when that race becomes a vampire it is not able to feed on anyone while they are asleep. I'm thinking that means it is only a vampire in name, and could be the reason why it does not work with Vampiric Thirst. I don't really mind giving up that race, but I definitely prefer its appearance.

Ohhhh... I think it's either lack of the "VampireFeed" perk on your character or lack of the "Vampire" keyword on the vampire "race". Could you give me a linky to that race? I'll see what's wrong

Absolutely love this mod, makes Skyrim vampirism engaging and meaningful.

Are there any plans for adding in fangs down the line? Minor thing for most players I bet, but it does add a little much needed charm in my opinion.

Thank you! And yah that's something I'd love too! but I'm not a modeller I'd need someone else to make the fangs (and maybe better animations and visible claws too! ^^)

And now I uploaded version 1.31 with the tiniest fix ever! ^^ I'm sorry I promise to slow down with the updates from now! ^^

But I really hope this is the last update for some time and now I'll be able to look into the problems with custom races and *finally* have a chance to play my own mod n_~

Okay! I just checked the custom races and I'm... completely puzzled. I don't know what maybe preventing them from feeding. They have the vampire keyword and everything... but I'm afraid it may have something to do with the "RaceCompatibility.esm" included with them. It modifies both the "PlayerVampireQuest" and "PlayerVampireQuestScript" which is a sure way to conflict with any and all vampire mods ever!

And add to that the fact that Skyrim has so much trouble cleaning up its savegames. The "PlayerVampireQuestScript" from that mod could have got stuck in your savegames and that may be why you're having problems on them now...

Or... I don't know. I looked all over it but it just makes no sense: everything should be working right!

~~groooooooooan~~

Okay... last resort. Try removing the "Thirst for Blood" perk from your character and adding it again ("player.removeperk 000cf02c" and "player.addperk 000cf02c") If it doesn't work I don't know what will!