Cannibalism mod idea.

Yes, I know of the "Cannibalism reloaded" mod. Let's say, I find it a little bit too limited still, it could be so much more.

This is not a mod request, I would actually enjoy creating something like this, but as a complete noob when it comes to creating mods, I am looking for some advice. The idea in and of itself is somewhat easy, I think. The execution is probably not as easy, especially when it comes to textures, but that's a worry for another day.

First off, the features of this mod.
  • More diverse human meat drops. For example, Dunmer thigh, Breton ribs, Argonian tail. Some meat drops are gender specific for obvious (and saucy) reasons.
  • A wide arrange of recipes with varying ingredients and buffs. For example, Bosmer dumplings: an easy snack that restores x health and raises your stamina by x for x seconds.
  • A skill tree that eventually allows you to prepare more advanced dishes. Let's say, Khajit fingers in moon sugar caramel glaze. Advanced dishes would give better buffs, but would also require more and possibly rare ingredients.
  • The food buff would depend on the race too. Altmer veal could give a magic related buff, while Orsimer steak could boost your melee or heavy armour effectiveness.
  • Advanced recipes could be discovered through experimenting, similar to alchemy's discovery, but various recipes could also drop throughout the world.

Let's give an example. Through hard work you raised your cannibal cooking skill to 25. You gathered a nice amount of special ingredients. Some Imperial "bacon", Redguard rump and a nice, juicy Nord breast (RIP Lydia, no more carrying burdens for you...) you figure it pairs well with a good Honeybrew mead and some greens. Season with void salts and you got yourself a beast of a culinary masterpiece. But oh crap, turns out that, while you're definitely on to something here, your expertise as  master chef are not quite good enough yet. Better stash those ingredients and go for an easier meal first. "Oh Brelyna, I need your assistance over here!"
  • 7 months later...

How about a mod that you get to be the food for cooking and eating.  Something like a group of some sort of NPC's that captures, take you to a certain lair/house,  taunts you that you'll be food soon and eventually take you for prep,  then after you are all cooked up you see yourself served in a table maybe and  get eaten, then you die ?? only then for the sake of POV.   That be nice in my opinion.

How about a mod that you get to be the food for cooking and eating.  Something like a group of some sort of NPC's that captures, take you to a certain lair/house,  taunts you that you'll be food soon and eventually take you for prep,  then after you are all cooked up you see yourself served in a table maybe and  get eaten, then you die ?? only then for the sake of POV.   That be nice in my opinion.

Again, animation problems...

ANother option is to foce the player to lay down on a table (it's a DB tagged animation), and use the Namira goats meshes and textures (including the body parts) to make the player eating progressing.

So, it will strongly depends of Namira goats, but it's possible. The quest itself is short to write... but I will not do that : i have already too lot to do.

ANother option is to foce the player to lay down on a table (it's a DB tagged animation), and use the Namira goats meshes and textures (including the body parts) to make the player eating progressing.

So, it will strongly depends of Namira goats, but it's possible. The quest itself is short to write... but I will not do that : i have already too lot to do.

I understand,  thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately I am not a Modder or a programmer or graphical designer of any sort.

Maybe eventually you can expand more on some of my ideas mixed with yours of course.

• 1 year later...

Most people including me consider cannibalism abhorrent but that is for reality, not a fantasy game world, go ahead and eat people there if that is what you do want to do but I came to think of how the Bosmer are suppose to be cannibals, well at least those fresh out of Valenwood and into the culture there. For them the principle is "you killed it, you eat it" even if it's an fallen enemy. That probably does not goes well when they are in conflict with people that take offence at them desecrating their fallen. They are also supposed to eat their own relatives as a part of a funeral ritual, such practices have existed for real and  lead to Kuru becoming frighteningly common on New Guyana being the human version of "mad cow disease". There are still some people alive there that took part in those rituals and they are typically not proud of it today.

With Kuru in mind and the North American Wendigo myth (that seem to have been set up to discourage cannibalism) Cannibalism can probably be establish to lead to an increasing madness in the person involved in it and they probably need to be a bit mad to even start eating others. The occasional "emergency cannibal" is another matter altogether and typically are integrated back into society well enough even thou I suspect that they are probably haunted by the experience for the rest of their lives.

For immersion reason I believe that the forsworn are probably the group best suited to do this regularly alongside the occasional, traditional bosmer. The rests are deranged individuals acting on their own or they are part of some dark cult (want to avoid spoilers so no details).

• 1 month later...

I might have to give Ravenous a go sometime, as there really isn't much to do with cannibals in Skyrim after you finish The Taste of Death. I mainly only ever went back for Eola on occasion as a follower.

But considering that I'm planning a Hannibal Lecter-style character (one who's secretly a serial killer who kidnaps people, kills them, and proceeds to carve them up and cook them into a fantastic meal), I could use a good quest mod to add in to the cannibalism aspect of the character. Might be fun.

On 10/27/2016 at 1:51 PM, Delzaron said:

I also like this idea ? 

I think Zaz could help with animation. It would be possible to create an furnitrue like another Zaz Animation Pack. If I remember correctly, he was the first to create a functional spit roast animation. Maybe if we ask him, he could create another one. Then it would be easier to use these furnitrue in new Canibalism Mod. 

I'd like to see furniture with animation as at attached picture (Tied body at the tray , with or without fruit and vegetables around).  

I would also like another spit roast variant, the roasted person would not be impaled but tied (last picture).

One of the usable things is already created,    It's Apple gag created by _SpaceHamster_  in this topic:

That's my vision ?

5b02abd82f611_Necromuncher-451806-KrystalSacrifice1.thumb.jpg.790c72141fecafee450df6e5c7b10b72.jpg

1231aef38617afd3dc7bb2ffff18a486.thumb.jpeg.477df9909b923b1f0061df301f7f4735.jpeg

1285857052032.thumb.jpg.3bcdd1e4dd756255a199a725dc8a48b0.jpg

12a.jpg

On 10/21/2018 at 11:11 AM, poblivion said:

I also like this idea ? 

I think Zaz could help with animation. It would be possible to create an furnitrue like another Zaz Animation Pack. If I remember correctly, he was the first to create a functional spit roast animation. Maybe if we ask him, he could create another one. Then it would be easier to use these furnitrue in new Canibalism Mod. 

I'd like to see furniture with animation as at attached picture (Tied body at the tray , with or without fruit and vegetables around).  

I would also like another spit roast variant, the roasted person would not be impaled but tied (last picture).

One of the usable things is already created,    It's Apple gag created by _SpaceHamster_  in this topic:

That's my vision ?

5b02abd82f611_Necromuncher-451806-KrystalSacrifice1.thumb.jpg.790c72141fecafee450df6e5c7b10b72.jpg

1231aef38617afd3dc7bb2ffff18a486.thumb.jpeg.477df9909b923b1f0061df301f7f4735.jpeg

1285857052032.thumb.jpg.3bcdd1e4dd756255a199a725dc8a48b0.jpg

12a.jpg

I can see we have the same ideas...

Archived