Lovers-Joburg menu description

Starting this topic to help me better understand what the menus in joburg mean, Im sure Im not alone in that. I know very little of settings in joburg so as people fill in the blanks I will update the post. Anything Im not sure about(almost everything) will be posted in Italics till a more definite answer can be given.

Q. What is Joburg?

A. Get the hell out of here.

Now that thats out of the way lets begin.

Updated to: Joburg V1.17

Download Joburg

Temporary link supplied by Uriel

http://www.mediafire.com/?4h4xhg4z943xixv

Download MB2 *recommended*

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=10

White=Confirmed till further notice

Yellow=Still testing

Red=Uknown

screenshot54s.th.jpg

Main Joburg menu. Mainly just a quick way to see what your settings are, here's a quick rundown of stuff.

Sexiness: I think this will decide how often you get stalked and subsequently raped. No idea how the script calculates the sexiness but revealing clothing does have a marked increase in stalking incidents and if you're nude....well....you're practically asking for it ;)

Lewdness: Sort of like a multiplier. Just increases frequency of sexual attacks. Definitely dont want to set this too high or it leaves all your other settings moot when all the game wants to do is rape you no matter what you do.

Libido/Women/Stalkers/Creature/Special NPC: Your current settings for each group. Strangely the "Companion" settings are omitted even though they should be shown.

Now on to the menu options

Stalkers: Not sure if this is supposed to be "Stalkers" or "Observers". Still testing

Presets

screenshot53w.th.jpg

Seems pretty straight forward enough so I wont go into detail here although an explanation into frenzy setting would be useful. Sends the game into sexual overdrive. As soon as I clicked it 2 guys that were closest to me came rushing at me. Might be a way to force sex or joburg script functions for debugging purposes probably.

Custom 1/2/3 Im not to sure about but it probably means that you can set your own custom presets and load them for future use. Idk if you can save joburg settings ingame into the ini file or if you have to create your own settings via the ini file yet.

Also if you're not too sure how all the libido levels work, try choosing a preset and then studying how the game sets them. I.e if you didnt want men on men sex then set the preset to "Gay" and then do the opposite of what the game sets. Play around with presets to better understand libido levels.

Lewdness

screenshot48av.th.jpg

Sort of like a multiplier. Just increases frequency of sexual attacks. Definitely dont want to set this too high or it leaves all your other settings moot when all the game wants to do is rape you no matter what you do.

Libido Levels

screenshot55pk.th.jpg

Massive change from previous Joburgs as you can see.

Men>Men: The tendency for male and male NPCs to engage in sex.

Women>Men: The tendency for male NPCs to engage with female NPCs.

Men>Women: Tendency for female NPCs to engage with male NPCs.

Women>Women: Dyke City,,,,here I cum!!!

Men>Creatures: Tendency for creatures to rape male NPCs. Even though the setting insinuates that its a male on creature rape its actually the other way around as human NPCs cant rape creatures.

Men>Creatures: Tendency for creatures to rape female NPCs. Even though the setting insinuates that its a female on creature rape its actually the other way around as human NPCs cant rape creatures. Thx to nightwolf for the info on creature settings

Companion: Sets the Horny-ness factor for companion characters. After that your individual libido settings will take over to decide how the companion acts in game.

Stalkers: No clue

Special NPC: Set the horny-ness factor for essential NPCs. DevinC says that this setting should be set to zero as it can mess up with unwanted actions during cut scenes! Either way essential NPCs are usually heavily scripted and messing with that is not advisable so set this to zero for safety purposes.

Some of the opposite sex settings are still under testing as the game points to one way but nightwolf says that its actually the other way around, so I'll keep them in yellow text till I confirm myself.

Attacker Levels

screenshot56i.th.jpg

Leader:

Companion:

Stalker:

Special NPC:

Perverted Greeting:

Idk what any of these do so I'll ignore for now.

Advanced

screenshot49yz.th.jpg

Get Pheromones: Gives you a Ring and a tail piece of pheromones but neither seems to do anything. Still does diddly in v1.17

Debug Mode: No clue

Tackle Effect: Set to either "Tumble" or "Blow away". Tumble just collapses your PC like she fainted when she gets initiated by a NPC. Blow away sends your PC flying like she got hit by a truck, I've seen instances were my PC flew quite a far distance.

Tackle strength: Still testing

Perverted Remarks: Set to either to use Joburg or LoverPK script (as in movie script) for conversations. Couldnt really tell you which is better....A new "Lovers expanded" option has been added in v1.17.

Active Mode: "Activates" Joburg I suppose. Has a warning attached to the option.

Warnings: Tells the game to either warn you when someone catches you for their perverted advances aka your stalker and also when they give up chasing you. More fun if turned off. Now has a few new option in v1.17.

Surprise attacks on rest/wait : If set to "yes" then at random times resting in bed or waiting will cause the action to be interrupted by a warning that you are about to be raped. But you can still choose not to let that happen by choosing to continue to rest/wait by selecting the option to ignore when the warning menu pops up.

***Update***Uriel mentions that the rape occurs regardless but since I dont bother with this rather useless feature imo, I couldnt say for certain. My advise is to just set this to \"no\".

Joburg's NPC spell menu

screenshot58z.th.jpg

Perverted Greeting: Allow or forbid. Pretty obvious I think.

Libido Rate: Does nothing.

Attackers Level: Does nothing.

Punish Them: Makes the target NPC become an object of another NPCs lust but this checks your individual settings first I think. When I cast it on Rochelle the game gave me a error saying the appropriate NPCs not in the area even though a female NPC was in the vicinity. But I did it another time near a guard and she was raped by him. So I guess if your homosexual settings are 0 then same sex rape is still not allowed.

Liberate their Instincts: This is fun. Basically enters the NPC into "stalking" mode and since you are the nearest person around you get raped instead. This overrides the homosexual clause and allows same sex rape but PC to NPC only since anyone hit by this spell will seek only you out. Rochelle and another girl I tested this on initiated sex on me even though my homosexual rating is 0. Kinda of a turn on seeing a chick talk nasty.....

In v1.17 the MB2 plugin was incorporated into Joburg so now NPCs can ask you to masturbate for them, if you refuse to give in to their sexual advances they will start masturbating and seemingly ignore you altogether or start masturbating without even trying to rape you. I assume this is the same for normal play too but I thought I would mention how the MB2 plugin is used now. 

Set Stalker: Still testing.

Still to add...

FAQ

Ini file analysis

But you can still choose not to let that happen by choosing to continue to rest/wait by selecting the option to ignore when the warning menu pops up.

Nope, you'll get raped in your sleep. I remember you'll get a message about it when you wake up.

If i'm right "Debug mode" makes everyone rape everything possible in sight.

So, what is Joburg?(just to get out of here).

Debug is just a quick testing tool so you can see if it works ok in-game.

Active Mode: No clue = When ever you show up it will begin activating the joburgh around you.

Perverted Remarks: is just greeting added by either joburg or lovers voice whenever that comes out.

Tackle strength: when they bump into you, either you fall normal to ground or go flying. :D

Get Pheromones: makes enemy target you first. Great for testing purposes.

Special NPCs: No clue : Those npc set to essential.

Follower: No clue those that could normal follow you.

Homosexuals: No clue male goes after male or female vs female

Heterosexual: male vs female or female vs male

Greeting: what they say to you when you walk close around.

Player: goes after you the higher the number the higher the chance you are targeted by joburgh. Stalker etc..

Observers: This currently only resets who you have targeted as observer, to enable an observer use the touch spell from joburg and select the i think the first option.

Mob: is how many goes after you or npc who is targeted by joburgh

Player: The higher this number, the greater the chance that the player is the target of the stalkers.

Greeting: Not sure either.

Mob: I'm not sure what changing this setting (only in the ini, right?) actually does, but it might affect whether or not a 'mob' gathers if you're getting too much attention. One version translated the text when this happens as something like "the mob surrounds you, giggling and laughing, say good-bye to your virginity". You'll be surrounded by the max number of stalker who are all waiting to rape you. I think I heard something about LoversMB making them masturbate while they watch you.

Heterosexual and homosexual sets the frequency of those types of acts. For instance if you set your Men rating high so that men are always looking to rape, and set Homosexuality to any number greater than 0, you will occasionally (or often if the number is high) find men raping men. Or vice-versa for females.

So if you don't want any gayness, keep homosexuality at zero and heterosexuality above zero.

Companion is indeed your companions horniness. Set it too high and they'll be raping you every five minutes... I once had a bunch of companions gathered at one of the player homes, and I wasn't able to leave, they just kept taking turns having their way with me....

Follower: Affects NPCs that are following you for some reason (usually story or script related)

Special NPCs: Sets the level for story-based NPCs. KEEP THIS AT ZERO! Setting it high can make funny things happen like the Emperor raping your character when they're trying to do a cut scene which can cause wierdness or inconveniences.

Tackle strength I'm not 100% sure on either. I think they intended to do something like having the strength/size of the npc determine how bad the tackle effect is. Not sure how it works as I haven't tested it extensively in game (I don't use the tackle effect, bad things can happen, like getting stuck in terrain or being launched off a bridge of off a mountain :P)

There is one thing about presets that isn't obvious. Where it says Men -> Women you might think it's the value for how often Men targets women but it's the other way around. You can see it as how likely men are to attract female rapers and you probably want to set this low. For reference Women -> Creatures can only mean one thing because women or men doesn't target creatures.

Some clarifications before I update the OP

Debug is just a quick testing tool so you can see if it works ok in-game.

There are muliple modes though' date=' any idea what each does?[/b']

Active Mode: No clue = When ever you show up it will begin activating the joburgh around you.

So another debug mode feature?

Greeting: what they say to you when you walk close around.

So if set to high level NPC will make disparaging remarks like \"you slut\" or \"what a whorebag\"?. Interesting need to test this, sounds like fun.

Player: goes after you the higher the number the higher the chance you are targeted by joburgh. Stalker etc..

So whats lewdness setting for? Seems they make the each other redundant if both do the same thing.

Mob: is how many goes after you or npc who is targeted by joburgh

If this affects stalkers then what does the \"Stalkers\" number represent on the very first menu screen?

Mob: I'm not sure what changing this setting (only in the ini' date=' right?) actually does, but it might affect whether or not a 'mob' gathers if you're getting too much attention. One version translated the text when this happens as something like \"the mob surrounds you, giggling and laughing, say good-bye to your virginity\". You'll be surrounded by the max number of stalker who are all waiting to rape you. I think I heard something about LoversMB making them masturbate while they watch you.

[b']So now this setting does 2 different things :-\.....although I definitely like your side of the story better ;D

Heterosexual and homosexual sets the frequency of those types of acts. For instance if you set your Men rating high so that men are always looking to rape, and set Homosexuality to any number greater than 0, you will occasionally (or often if the number is high) find men raping men. Or vice-versa for females. So if you don't want any gayness, keep homosexuality at zero and heterosexuality above zero.

This mean the chance of female on male rape is possible but making females rape woman exclusively only is not? So if I allow homosexual then I have to take the good with the bad?

Follower: Affects NPCs that are following you for some reason (usually story or script related)

This sounds very dangerous, better put to 0 then

Special NPCs: Sets the level for story-based NPCs. KEEP THIS AT ZERO! Setting it high can make funny things happen like the Emperor raping your character when they're trying to do a cut scene which can cause wierdness or inconveniences.

Lol I was right about the followers setting then XD

There is one thing about presets that isn't obvious. Where it says Men -> Women you might think it's the value for how often Men targets women but it's the other way around. You can see it as how likely men are to attract female rapers and you probably want to set this low. For reference Women -> Creatures can only mean one thing because women or men doesn't target creatures.

Oh so if I set men to 0 I can get lesbo rape but not female on male rape? Awesome. Btw what do you mean Women -> Creatures' date=' I dont see any option for creatures in the menu.[/b']

And just a heads up looking at your screenshots' date=' looks like your using an old version of Joburg, v1.17 is out and changes the menu significantly. Not to mention adds Creature and MB2 functionality.

[/quote']

Is the Joburg v1.17 file in the download section wrong or something? I download and installed it but it dosent seem to have changed anything.

With "Active mode" enabled, all NPCs get the same "Attention" like the PC. This is based on your Libido settings and i think the second option in the ini ("set xLoversJoburg.StalkerNPCMax to  x.x" max nr. stalkers npc=> how many NPCs are affected). You may get lag with this option enabled, because the "heat" (wether or not the action starts) is calculated for every NPC that meets the requirements you set in the Libido Settings.

Set Stalker is similar to "Active Mode", but it lets you choose one NPC that will bet treated like the PC (=Active Mode for one NPC). The Translation ("Person xy" is prohibited from sex) means actually the exact opposite!:)

"Attacker level" means, who can get attacked (if you don´t want to be attacked or your companions, temporary followers (=stalkers) or Essentials get attacked, set your or their value to 0).

You can additionaly set the time of day that the Actions should occur in the "LoversJoburg.ini". These are the "Set xLoversJoburg.tf00 to x.x" to "Set xLoversJoburg.tf23 to x.x" entries at the bottom of the ini. It means the Libido Rate for the correspondent time of day (starting from 00.00h to 23.00h).

(if you want to have a little peace for a while:))

I hope this helps a bit.

This works good with lovers Creatures and Creatures extended.

Also i had a lot of fun with this watching it become activated..

I can also confirm it works with break undies addons when using certain mods that are

compatable.

Not sure but i noticed if your in a crowded area and the lewdness is set too high you may cause

a CTD error.

Guest Donkey

Stalkers: No clue == Turns npc to stalkers. this where you can activate how they behave. If you turn this to 1 on or higher you will see much more npc turn to stalkers.

Leader: == That is you. the higher the number the bigger the chance you are the one being targeted.

Companion: == how the companion acts when they are near you, you need to set the other options or you won't see any difference, when they are near you.

Stalker: == how stalkers behave surrounding you the higher the number the more they target you instead of other npc combined this with higher leader, and they will be swarming you.

Special NPC: == npc set to essential status. look the description on companions and stalkers.

Perverted Greeting: == it suppose to give special remarks when you are walking by npc. but so far don't do much, till loversVoiceSSPPlus is finished.

Debug Mode: No clue watch my previous post. i already told you what this is.

Libido Rate: == if it works correctly this will give the npc more need for sex. if it is low he will not want to engage in sex acts.

Set Stalker: == wrong description, should be set Observer.

Stalker/Observer is actually somewhat misleading title.  All it does is set a single NPC to use the libido settings associated with the stalker class instead of that of normal NPCs.

Basically, if you really want to see an NPC get it far more than normal, you jack up those settings and set them to stalker.  Conversely, if you don't want them to be touched, you can set it to zero and do the same.

Btw., someone should really look into the broken menu options in the joburg NPC spell, the ones that should be letting you set individual lewdness/libido.  They worked for older versions.

Get Pheromones: Adds a Ring of Pheromones and a Tail of Pheromones to your inventory.  Equipping one increases your Sexiness by 50; equipping both increases your Sexiness by 100.

Note: Giving them to your companion doesn't seem to affect their Sexiness.

• 1 month later...

Get Pheromones: Adds a Ring of Pheromones and a Tail of Pheromones to your inventory.  Equipping one increases your Sexiness by 50; equipping both increases your Sexiness by 100.

Note: Giving them to your companion doesn't seem to affect their Sexiness.

I wonder if you set these people to "stalker" and assigned them levels if they would get thier sexyness affected?  Just curious...thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.  happy gaming!

-Merctime

Stalker/Observer is actually somewhat misleading title.  All it does is set a single NPC to use the libido settings associated with the stalker class instead of that of normal NPCs.

Basically' date=' if you really want to see an NPC get it far more than normal, you jack up those settings and set them to stalker.  Conversely, if you don't want them to be touched, you can set it to zero and do the same.

Btw., someone should really look into the broken menu options in the joburg NPC spell, the ones that should be letting you set individual lewdness/libido.  They worked for older versions.

[/quote']

This post from Canthics is what got me thinking of what your talking about.  I wonder, if you applied what C said to your companion, would it then 'recognize' the ring on your girlie?  Now I'm curious....this is just a stab in the wind but maybe with her settings 'initialized' for lack of a better term, the ring would work?  Kind of like she needs to have something to upgrade upon with the ring I suppose? 

Bugger, I hope this made any sense at all and didn't sound like straight up gibberish    :o

Anywho, good luck!  If that works, please let me know, I'd LOVE to produce some mishief with companions myself in that way  >8D

Edit:  sure wish we could give rep or kudo's here, many people in this thread alone would need more space for all of them    ;)  Thanks to everyone for the valued info

You know what...I'm going to try that later when I get home.

I...we (Saerilith and I)...reside in "Tantrivaylia" castle (full castle mod with 4 levels and a basement with dungeon/jail cells, S&M area, pool, bar, Alchemy Lab, Library, Courtyard, Horse Stable, garden, dance hall and hot tub, etc) with a clan of elves that attend to our home along with another companion Astriana. Astriana has some kind of scripting that doesn't mesh well with Joburg...but Saerilith does not. I am going to try to change her individual settings and then give her the ring and see if the rest of the Elf clan that lives in the castle (male and female) take notice.

Will report back tomorrow. ;D

One other factor to consider: how do companion scripts handle the equipping of rings?  Their equipping of armor and clothes seems straight-forward.  But I remember when I picked up my nightstalker Xeo companion, she came with a ring of chameleon.  However, she only seemed to equip the ring just prior to combat and unequipped it afterwards.

this is just a stab in the wind but maybe with her settings 'initialized' for lack of a better term' date=' the ring would work?  Kind of like she needs to have something to upgrade upon with the ring I suppose?[/quote']

Maybe.  But if you remove all tops and bottoms from your companion's inventory and cast the Set Joburg NPC spell on her, her Sexiness will read 100.  So the Sexiness variable appears to be active by default.  Whether any Joburg scripts use the Sexiness variable for NPCs or if the NPC has to be set as an observer/stalker before the variable is used is a good question.