Could you talk a bit about the script implementation? Since these type of mods have the potential to cause save bloat and performance issues.

E.g. Does it use OnUpdate or is it event based (e.g. On Hit)? If using OnUpdate, does it use RegisterForSingleUpdate or otherwise have an Unregister event to clean up after itself (e.g. on NPC death)? Etc.

Here a short rundown:

• Manually applied via MagicEffect (not removed on death)
  • RegisterForSingleUpdate
  • event driven where possible
  • mass shutdown
  • avoided (mcm/config) context locking via StorageUtil usage

Thanks

Since the source is included why don't you look at it instead of wasting a modders time by asking questions you should be able to answer for yourself?

Because I only know enough to be dangerous.

And I think it was a legitimate question? "Always on" / cloaking spell type mods can be dangerous to saves depending on implementation, and it's enough of an issue that the skyrim reddit thread on dangerous mods evaluates that type of stuff specifically.

is there a reason that the effect it only applied to the PC and targeted NPC .and every time on a cell change the effect is stopped on the targeted npc

Only affecting selected target is wanted (at least at the moment), since most NPC won't be loaded long enough for them to actually be affected by this (considering default config).

Regarding the effect stopping: This is a really nasty bug in Skyrim: sometime magiceffects just vanish on an actor if they are not ingrained (race or similar templates). I'm currently developing an automatically applying fix (that is not a performance killer - which is the real challenge). I expect it to be ready soon.

Edit: The effect stopping should be fixed now (version 28).

Hi Nop. Very interesting mod. I'm planning on making a video on this (I just think I'll call it IMMERSIVE SWEATING).

Have you plan (you and Darknotfear) about a Nexus version of this? (You would have to skip the sexlab implementation of course).

As suggested, a link with Frostfall will make this much more complete.. Think of the character getting dry much faster when kneeling in front of a fire. 

One think I don't understand of the MCM is why the glossy toggleboxes (head, body, hand and feet) are toggled off by default

• If you are planning on releasing a video, I suggest that you are waiting a bit for me to work out the remaining problems/implement the really useful stuff.
  • A Nexus version is a good idea, i'll talk with Darknotfear about it - when I'm sufficiently done with fixing bugs/implementing features.
  • Frostfall integration is on my list, of TODOs.
  • The are disabled because they were in the original mod too and, to be frank, I can't figure out sensible default setting for them.

Hey nop0x,

I installed this a couple days back, really as soon as I saw it.  I had seen the original release but skipped it initially because I was worried about performance hits.  Anyway, I decided to try it out once I saw your Redux, and have had 0 problems with it.  It's a really cool effect and it's added some nice atmosphere and immersion.

Until today when I decided to start a new game...  I'd start a new game with LAL, let it finish with all the MCM and mod initialization, then save and load to do the next round of MCM/mod stuff.  I started crashing shortly after loading games, and it's been driving me nuts all day!  A little while ago I remembered some folks complaining in this thread about crashes shortly after loading and figured I might as well check it out.  As soon as I disabled "Wet", the crashing stopped.

So obviously your mod works great, I can attest to that.  But maybe it doesn't work so great in a new game?  Maybe it's something to do with LAL and the cell or something?  I'm planning on getting the game rolling and then retrying "Wet" a little later.  I'd bet it will work, too!

Just thought I would let you know what I noticed in case it helps.  If you need any other info or whatever, let me know  :)

[...] I started crashing shortly after loading games, and it's been driving me nuts all day! [...]

I'm also regularly testing with a new game with LAL but had this never happen.

What are the circumstances it is crashing?

• Is the MCM menu present and filled with content?
  • Are the crashes after you enabled it on a (N)PC. If so:
    • are they directly after closing the menu?
    • or later when the wetness is supposed to show up (you can manually edit the wetness to attempt to trigger this CTD)
  • which of the optional mod do you have installed/which version of them

This support males as well?

Just as with the original mod:

Textures are female version only (I don't know if there are even any textures for males out there). The effect itself runs on males too, but the results may be odd.

I'm using Blush When Aroused (which reserves the first two face slots). Would this stop the face sweat textures showing?

p.s. I changed noverride.ini to give six face slots.

This mod does not have any head textures to be applied. It just alters specular and glossiness values.

[...] I started crashing shortly after loading games, and it's been driving me nuts all day! [...]

• or later when the wetness is supposed to show up (you can manually edit the wetness to attempt to trigger this CTD)

A tad more information so that I can (hopefully) make sense answering your question:   New game would be fine, and then after making and loading a save I would crash after around 10 seconds, but if I opened the MCM or the console the crash wouldn't occur until after I closed the MCM/console.  A save made before I had the mod installed would load fine and not crash, but even after loading this save if I loaded a my new save it would still crash after about 10 seconds.  While I was trying to track down the cause of the crash I should also note that I could load my previous character's last save and could play on without crashing.

So I could open the MCM and look at the Wet settings and it looked normal.  At one point I thought I might as well enable it for the PC to see if that had any effect on the crashing (it didn't).  I never enabled it on any NPCs, just on the PC that one time.  I also tried importing settings from my previous game, but that didn't prevent the crash either.  All of this was also before leaving the LAL cell so there weren't any NPCs handy without console magic.  But the crashing would continue whether I had made any changes or not.

So the answers to your questions:

• The MCM is present and functional
  • It will crash with or without enabling the effects
  • I have all the optional mods (DD, Aroused Redux, Skooma Whore) and all are the latest versions available.

After leaving the LAL cell, I got curious so I made a save, exited, and re-enabled Wet Function Redux.  The save loaded fine, the wet effects were applied (after enabling them on the PC) and it didn't crash.  Then I loaded up one of the saves where I was having problems and it still crashes.  So it seems I can avoid the crash if I leave the mod disabled in MO until I'm out of the cell, or possibly while still in the cell as long as I've let the other mods finish initializing.

A tad more information so that I can (hopefully) make sense answering your question:   New game would be fine, and then after making and loading a save I would crash after around 10 seconds, but if I opened the MCM or the console the crash wouldn't occur until after I closed the MCM/console.  A save made before I had the mod installed would load fine and not crash, but even after loading this save if I loaded a my new save it would still crash after about 10 seconds.  While I was trying to track down the cause of the crash I should also note that I could load my previous character's last save and could play on without crashing.

So I could open the MCM and look at the Wet settings and it looked normal.  At one point I thought I might as well enable it for the PC to see if that had any effect on the crashing (it didn't).  I never enabled it on any NPCs, just on the PC that one time.  I also tried importing settings from my previous game, but that didn't prevent the crash either.  All of this was also before leaving the LAL cell so there weren't any NPCs handy without console magic.  But the crashing would continue whether I had made any changes or not.

So the answers to your questions:

• The MCM is present and functional
  • It will crash with or without enabling the effects
  • I have all the optional mods (DD, Aroused Redux, Skooma Whore) and all are the latest versions available.

After leaving the LAL cell, I got curious so I made a save, exited, and re-enabled Wet Function Redux.  The save loaded fine, the wet effects were applied (after enabling them on the PC) and it didn't crash.  Then I loaded up one of the saves where I was having problems and it still crashes.  So it seems I can avoid the crash if I leave the mod disabled in MO until I'm out of the cell, or possibly while still in the cell as long as I've let the other mods finish initializing.

This is really odd. At the point you described nothing of my mod is running (MCM registration is done, and no effects running).

As you already said, this is most likely some problem with other mods while they are initalizing (though, I'm not using any of their API - I just grab some Forms)

If you like, you can provide me with your Papyrus.log or even savegame. But I highly doubt that I'll be able to find anything.

[...]

Frostfall provides its own devkit for compatibility maybe it might help!

Thanks for the tip - with it I was able to implement an integration within minutes.

One general remark:

I did not test the Frostfall integration. If anyone you can verify that it works, let me know.

-snip

One general remark:

I did not test the Frostfall integration. If anyone you can verify that it works, let me know.

Nice!

I'll test it tonight!

can this be used with any body or just CBBE

The original mod only provides custom sweaty textures for CBBE (they might look ok for other bodies too).

Specular and glossiness changing will work on any body (even the vanilla ones).

In the original mod thread you find the optimized UNP textures. I'm using them and they are fine. 

Done some test. The mod works fine with Apropos wear and tear effect.

Frostfall integration is working as it should. Hurrah!

I would suggest to raise a lot the default level of dryness when near a fire. After all if you're completely wet you will get dry in less than an hour in front of the fire. 

I've noticed (but I've done it only once) that changing cell  temporarily reset the sweat textures.

[...]

I would suggest to raise a lot the default level of dryness when near a fire. After all if you're completely wet you will get dry in less than an hour in front of the fire. 

I've noticed (but I've done it only once) that changing cell  temporarily reset the sweat textures.

Thanks for pointing out the existence of UNP textures (I did forget that).

Yeah, this mod should not interfere with any overlays (such as Slavetats or Apropos).

Its good to hear that the Frostfall integration does work. I agree with the drying near fire and will bump up the default.

The texture reset on cell change could be, either, because I use temporary NiOverrides (which is intended). Or because the Skyrim bug with the vanishing effects occurred and my workaround takes some time to kick in (to go easy on script resources). If this happened with the effect on an NPC it is most likely the latter.

I can't even get the MCM menu to show up. I even went as far as starting a new game, but nothing. Every other MCM for every other mod shows up fine, and the original version of Sweaty Wet does as well. I'm pretty sure I've installed all the requirements, and I'm not sure what else to try.

can this be used with any body or just CBBE

The original mod only provides custom sweaty textures for CBBE (they might look ok for other bodies too).

Specular and glossiness changing will work on any body (even the vanilla ones).

In the original mod thread you find the optimized UNP textures. I'm using them and they are fine. 

how do you get the wear and tear effect to work with apropos? i had it installed but it never really worked

The original mod do not provide face spectacular textures.

If I add those would the Mod CTD on a head dismember?

Also you are free to use the UNP versions I uploaded on the other topic.

This version is much more updated.

They were made using free resources from the "Fair skin" texture pack.

I can't even get the MCM menu to show up. I even went as far as starting a new game, but nothing. Every other MCM for every other mod shows up fine, and the original version of Sweaty Wet does as well. I'm pretty sure I've installed all the requirements, and I'm not sure what else to try.

If you don't get any MCM menu (not event an entry in the mod list) you are most likely using an outdated version or are missing PapyrusUtil 3.2.

If the problem still persists and you've double checked all dependencies made sure that the mod is actually active, feel free to provide me with your Papyrus.log.

[...]

how do you get the wear and tear effect to work with apropos? i had it installed but it never really worked

For problems with Apropos, please use the correct support thread. This mod does not interfere with it in any way.

The original mod do not provide face spectacular textures.

If I add those would the Mod CTD on a head dismember?

[...]

Texture-swapping for the head is currently not implemented (wouldn't take too much time tough). I think it is most unlikely that it would cause any crashes at all (I believe there is just a potential problem when using overlays - warpaint/tattoos), since I'm just hot swapping specular textures which a there anyway.

If you like, you could provide me with a head texture (I don't care what body - for testing purposes it will suffice) and I can implement and test it.

I also linked your post with the UNP textures in the main post.