I have a problem and I am having a lot of difficulty even finding basic info. I'm not naive enough to think I'm the first person who has had this issue, because surely I haven't been, but I can't seem to find anyone else who is having these issues no matter where I look. So I apologize beforehand if my issue has been addressed a lot, I'm apparently an incompetent googler.

Anyway I have everything set up so I get collision physics just fine, and I get boob and butt bounce just fine (I don't really care for belly bounce). But there are two major glitches, and it used to happen so rarely that I could ignore it and go about my life, but now it is happening extremely often and I have no clue why.

Firstly, sometimes (not all the time) when a female NPC spawns that has jiggly bits, or when she enters any cell, for about a second or two her boobs and/or butt are stretched out to infinity before they fly to her actual location and the bones seemingly correct themselves. This isn't a huge problem, as I've mentioned, since this doesn't last long and it doesnt happen all the time, however if the butt is the part that is stretched to infinity it will almost always lead to the second problem.

The second problem is that occasionally whenever female NPCs spawn or a room/cell is loaded with a female NPC in it, their butt will get really funky. It will rapidly twitch, flail, and just generally spaz out. And nothing short of resetting the NPCs, reloading a save, reloading the cell, or restarting the game will stop it, it will continue forever until I do one of those things. This used to happen to one NPC every 50 or so that I came across, but its gotten to the point where it is happening once every 5 or so.

Just to clarify a few things, this ONLY ever happens to the butt, it never happens to the breasts (except the first problem, which happens to both), it never happens to the PC, it happens regardless of what xml I use (unless that xml doesn't have butt physics), and it happens even if I have set a 60fps cap to my game. In case you need them I will post my computer specs, and I will also attach the current XML I am using, my mod list from MO, my plugins list (sorted by LOOT), and both my skyrim and skyrimprefs ini files converted to txt files so I can upload them. Also, yes, Vsync is activated in both skyrimprefs.ini and in my Nvidia control panel.

These are my PC specs:

GPU: GeForce GTX 980 (4gb of Vram)

CPU: Intel® Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Memory: 16.00 GB RAM (15.94 GB Usable)

plugins.txt

modlist.txt

hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

skyrim.txt

skyrimprefs.txt

I can only guess that it's skeleton related or maybe some script that is taking too high priority on cell load. You could try to change the skeleton that npcs use to maybe an older or newer? version of xpmse and see if anything changes. I have the problem you describe with the boob and butt rubberband from the door but it's always the same npcs in the same place and only happens once, they are always quest related npcs so I figured it was something to do with a priority when cells load. This reminds me of the problem of all havok objects flying through the air on cell load, that used to happen on my extremely old pc.

I've had similar problem with butt spazz on dead npcs with a particular version of xpmse and once I changed to a different version it stopped. I'm still using an old version, 2.7 I think, because I haven't bothered to update any racemenu stuff for a long time.

I can only guess that it's skeleton related or maybe some script that is taking too high priority on cell load. You could try to change the skeleton that npcs use to maybe an older or newer? version of xpmse and see if anything changes. I have the problem you describe with the boob and butt rubberband from the door but it's always the same npcs in the same place and only happens once, they are always quest related npcs so I figured it was something to do with a priority when cells load. This reminds me of the problem of all havok objects flying through the air on cell load, that used to happen on my extremely old pc.

I've had similar problem with butt spazz on dead npcs with a particular version of xpmse and once I changed to a different version it stopped. I'm still using an old version, 2.7 I think, because I haven't bothered to update any racemenu stuff for a long time.

I would prefer not to change the skeleton itself to a lower version. I've kept my racemenu updated and I also have an animation pack that relies on the skeleton I'm using. I would only want to do that as a last resort if nothing else works.

After paying attention a bit more closely I've determined that the butt spasm of doom happens only if the butt was stretched to infinity when the NPC was loaded. So I suppose if we can solve the rubber banding issue then we'd also solve the wonky rear by default.

Two things I would try. As soon as you load a cell and you see the npc butt spazz is happening then exit the game and take a look at the papyrus log to see what was going on right before you quit, maybe something that will help to narrow it down. If nothing is obvious then just turn off all papyrus logging and see if it happens as often, this might help to determine if something is running that is affecting cell loads because it doesn't take much to break the physics during transitions and adding logging just increases the cpus work.

Okay so I did some thread hopping and found this post by dTd a year ago. So far this helped, ever since plugging it into my game I haven't had any stretching or spasming butts. Also the game in general seems to be performing much better. Anyway I figured I would post it here in case anyone else needed help with the issue, just be aware that this probably will only work on quad-core cpus.

It's all because the game engine, mainly scripts are lagging. Optimizing your config can help but pulling script heavy mods will definitely fix it. How many cores is your cpu? in skyrim.ini with 4 core cpu these could help under [General]:

iNumHWThreads=4
iHWThread4=3
iHWThread3=2
iHWThread2=1
iHWThread1=0
iAIThread2HWThread=3
iAIThread1HWThread=2
iRenderingThread2HWThread=1
iRenderingThread1HWThread=0

Also these:

bMultiThreadMovement=1
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1
bUseThreadedBlood=1
bUseThreadedMorpher=1
bUseThreadedTempEffects=1
bUseThreadedTextures=1
bUseThreadedMeshes=1
bUseThreadedLOD=1
bUseThreadedAI=1
bUseHardDriveCache=0
bUseBackgroundFileLoader=1
bSelectivePurgeUnusedOnFastTravel=1
iPostProcessMillisecondsLoadingQueuedPriority=5
uExterior Cell Buffer=36

And this:

[HAVOK]
iNumThreads=4

Last but not least under [Papyrus]:

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0

The last set gives a bit more extra time for scripts to run. Good Luck :)

Thanks to dTd for this fix!

Skyrim.ini change these to 0 to turn them off. I normallly just turn off trace unless I'm looking for some problem as the other two don't logg everything and don't seem to affect performance as much.

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

I switched from HDT-PE to HDT-SMP. Havent had this problem since switching. I've since re-installed PE for vaginal/belly support, but disabled breast/butt PE physics in the xml. If you can run SMP give it a try for butt/breast physics. The problem you describe always existed for me when using PE; smp works much better for some systems/builds.

.. there is also some debate as to whether Skyrim actually can use multiple threads. Lots of modders claim it is limited to one thread (console legacy), regardless of ini settings. It may be you're budgeting up of papyrus script that provided the fix -- for a script heavy build.

I switched from HDT-PE to HDT-SMP. Havent had this problem since switching. I've since re-installed PE for vaginal/belly support, but disabled breast/butt PE physics in the xml. If you can run SMP give it a try for butt/breast physics. The problem you describe always existed for me when using PE; smp works much better for some systems/builds.

SMP sounds pretty interesting, but I have a hard enough time trouble-shooting problems in English. If I get issues with SMP there's no way I'm gonna be able to figure out what to do. And I *will* get issues with it, it's just inevitable lol. I might consider it if the system were backwards compatible with PE, because all of my armor and gear is meant to be used with PE. I might also use it if there was a neat little guide somewhere that explained how to implement SMP that wasn't in another language lol.

EDIT: Also as a side note, adding those lines into my .ini file have worked immensely, not only reducing the initial problem (it still happens occasionally, but not often) but making the game itself run more smoothly. If the game really can't run multiple threads, something in that code is doing wonders for me lol.

A quick update, after doing some experimenting I have found that the issue is definitely with the bounce kits. More specifically it seems to be an issue with the constraints. I took an xml I had that had no boob spazzing and an xml that had no butt spazzing and literally just copy-pasted all non-spazzing info in JFF and it has solved the problem. The boobs and butt do still occasionally fly across the map and into the model, but unlike before this doesn't ever seem to result in the spaz-of-doom. Now if we can just figure out what's causing the flying boobs we'll be golden.

A quick update, after doing some experimenting I have found that the issue is definitely with the bounce kits. More specifically it seems to be an issue with the constraints. I took an xml I had that had no boob spazzing and an xml that had no butt spazzing and literally just copy-pasted all non-spazzing info in JFF and it has solved the problem. The boobs and butt do still occasionally fly across the map and into the model, but unlike before this doesn't ever seem to result in the spaz-of-doom. Now if we can just figure out what's causing the flying boobs we'll be golden.

If you don't already do, use ENBoost and set FPSLimiter to 60 might also help.

I've done FPS limiter two different ways, both with the mod and using Nvidia inspector. Neither have fixed the issue. I suppose I could try using ENBoost, but if it would just be another way to limit the FPS I am nearly certain it wouldn't work. Clearly my FPS going over 60 isn't the issue, my monitor won't let it go over 60 anyway.

• 4 months later...

Okay so I did some thread hopping and found this post by dTd a year ago. So far this helped, ever since plugging it into my game I haven't had any stretching or spasming butts. Also the game in general seems to be performing much better. Anyway I figured I would post it here in case anyone else needed help with the issue, just be aware that this probably will only work on quad-core cpus.

It's all because the game engine, mainly scripts are lagging. Optimizing your config can help but pulling script heavy mods will definitely fix it. How many cores is your cpu? in skyrim.ini with 4 core cpu these could help under [General]:

iNumHWThreads=4

iHWThread4=3

iHWThread3=2

iHWThread2=1

iHWThread1=0

iAIThread2HWThread=3

iAIThread1HWThread=2

iRenderingThread2HWThread=1

iRenderingThread1HWThread=0

Also these:

bMultiThreadMovement=1

bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1

bUseThreadedBlood=1

bUseThreadedMorpher=1

bUseThreadedTempEffects=1

bUseThreadedTextures=1

bUseThreadedMeshes=1

bUseThreadedLOD=1

bUseThreadedAI=1

bUseHardDriveCache=0

bUseBackgroundFileLoader=1

bSelectivePurgeUnusedOnFastTravel=1

iPostProcessMillisecondsLoadingQueuedPriority=5

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

And this:

[HAVOK]

iNumThreads=4

Last but not least under [Papyrus]:

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0

The last set gives a bit more extra time for scripts to run. Good Luck :)

Thanks to dTd for this fix!

What should I change for a dual core cpu? I know I need to upgrade. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Well hello there guys, I know this is a super old post but it has being useful so far. I have a related problem but instead of going super crazy on NPCs. It goes crazy on PC, but only on third person, on first person looks just great. Any ideas?  

Update: problem solved, it was the hair HDT hating the HDT of the body. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/7/2016 at 10:41 PM, crusher said:

.. there is also some debate as to whether Skyrim actually can use multiple threads. Lots of modders claim it is limited to one thread (console legacy), regardless of ini settings. It may be you're budgeting up of papyrus script that provided the fix -- for a script heavy build.

How to disable butt PE physics in the xml?