LAPF and Setbody Reloaded Blockhead Ed.

sleighrX

Okay.  I'm entirely a newbie to LAPF, and while I've been searching (and searching and searching...) for answers through the oh, so many forum topics, I haven't quite found the complete answers I'm looking for.

So, hopefully this is the right place to ask (please direct me if not.  I'm soooo lost!  :unsure:).  I've got a few questions.

Can [lower]bodies be assigned to npcs separately in LAPF?  Or do you choose one standard body and that's for everyone?

example:  I'm in a tavern with a guard, a merchant and four women when I cast the LoversOrgy spell, and everyone pairs up except me (story of my life! *sigh*).  Using Setbody Blockhead, I have the characters bodies set thus:

Guard                      - Muscular

Merchant                 - Scrawny Athletic

Girl 1 (Guard)          - Fighter D-cup/Fighter   paired with Merchant

Girl 2                       - IO C-cup/ M                  with Guard

Girl 3                       - Normal B-cup/S            using dildo on girl 4

Girl 4                       - Normal F-cup/LL 

While my PC is Muscular Athletic.  The standard is set to Scrawny Athletic (SLATH)/ HGEC Normal C + Medium

Is this scenario possible with LAPF and/or Setbody Blockhead?  Or will all the aggressors use the same body sets that were set as standard?  The girls all get Medium, the guys all SLATH?

If I use LoversJoystick, what will be the result, as the description says it matches bottoms with tops?  Does that mean all the guys become SLATH top and bottom?  What about the women?

If I add additional lowerbodies to the LAPF files, will it make a difference?

Ok, that is a lot of questions.  So I'll try to answer them all.

1. Male PC - base LAPF - one body type for all.  The lower body when naked will be the default muscular mesh.  The upper body won't change.

2. Male PC - loversjoystick - your lower body should match upper when naked and having sex based on whatever body type you have it set to with setbody.

3. Female NPC - when naked, they will keep whatever body they have been assigned, period.  This is true regardless of using base LAPF or loversjoystick.....IF they are just plain female.  Now if they are futa, then it is back to the above 1 and 2.  I'm not as up to speed on loversjoystick, as I had nothing much to do with that plugin, other than provide some of the meshes or parts of them.  So take that part with a grain of salt.

For males during sex (or futa), the LAPF is swapping out the lower body mesh with one that contains an erect and animated penis.  We never could figure out a way to have the penis be separate from the lower body, so we just had to make due.

Now remember, if you have some strange body altering armor on, that changes the dynamic, as there is no body under the armor, rather the armor contains the body.  So if you have your LAPF settings set to not remove the top clothing/armor, it may be completely out of whack no mater whether you are using just the base LAPF or loversjoystick.  Ain't modding fun.....

Wow, thanks for the prompt response.

2. Male PC - loversjoystick - your lower body should match upper when naked and having sex based on whatever body type you have it set to with setbody.

Through Setbody, or LAPF via LoversJoystick?  Do NPCs work the same?

IF they are just plain female.  Now if they are futa...

What about dildo?  LAPF has bodies for them using AP I believe.  Same as futa?

For males during sex (or futa), the LAPF is swapping out the lower body mesh with one that contains an erect and animated penis. 

So I could add additional bodies to the LAPF files, and it would use them?  I saw that there are 9 slots in the meshes/clothes/as folder, and only six of them are used and 6 only by males. Are adding folders possible, like with the voice files?

Questions, questions, QUESTIONS.  Forgive me, pater.  I know not what I do.

We never could figure out a way to have the penis be separate from the lower body, so we just had to make due.

Funny you should mention that.  I spent most of my workday today hypothesizing possible ideas for that.  Forgive the student's assumption but, did you think of making the penis framework, which via NifSkope I notice is a separate piece from the body mesh, use another slot, such as the ring or amulet ones?  If Setbody works by, say, creating a body swap using a non-playable clothing piece 'overtop' the LAPF body, could an additional secondary Setbody model with the crotch piece removed, that comes into play during sex, not work in tandem?   Then you'd have a universal schlong, let's say, that could be worked with different bodies, as long as they had matching crotch slots for the penis model.  It would be tedious, making two lowerbodies for each type -one with a flaccid penis, one with standardized hole- but that's what modding communities are there for. 

Or, as I suspect, are the bodies weight-painted, or the penis otherwise movement-dependant on the body mesh?  Like a few experiments I've tried to combat skin clipping through clothing in NifSkope.

Ain't modding fun?

Heh.  I have a friend who worked in bomb disposal for the Canadian army in Afghanistan.  He used to mod with me on Rome: Total War.  He said bomb diffusing is similar to modding: needing patience, thought, and thinking in circles. The only difference is when you're wrong with a mod you're not raining pieces around the landscape afterward. :P

Yes.  We thought of every conceivable way (not saying there isn't someone smarter out there who could figure it out).  Nothing worked.  Amulets and tails and so on.  Didn't work worth a shit.  Oblivion is a very old game, and isn't as well thought out as Skyrim.  There just isn't any way to isolate the penis from the lower body mesh that we could find that consistently worked.

Having the same problem with creature dicks.  

Yes, you can add more bodies.  That is what the extra folders are in fact for.

You just have to make sure to adapt them to use the animated penis and its skeleton bones.  I made bodies for most of the male bodies out there.

Yes, there are dildo's and futa dicks.  Yes, you can use them instead.  However, you have to pick one for the men and one for the ladies.  I don't know of any way to hot swap for the same gender right now.

Yes, lovers joystick should pick the lower body for the PC or NPC based on the upper, as long as it is properly setup and I think registered.  As I stated earlier, I didn't make the joystick mod and I don't use it.  So my knowledge there is a bit lacking.

Cheers,

Greg

We never could figure out a way to have the penis be separate from the lower body, so we just had to make due.

Funny you should mention that.  I spent most of my workday today hypothesizing possible ideas for that.  Forgive the student's assumption but, did you think of making the penis framework, which via NifSkope I notice is a separate piece from the body mesh, use another slot, such as the ring or amulet ones?  If Setbody works by, say, creating a body swap using a non-playable clothing piece 'overtop' the LAPF body, could an additional secondary Setbody model with the crotch piece removed, that comes into play during sex, not work in tandem?   Then you'd have a universal schlong, let's say, that could be worked with different bodies, as long as they had matching crotch slots for the penis model.  It would be tedious, making two lowerbodies for each type -one with a flaccid penis, one with standardized hole- but that's what modding communities are there for. 

Or, as I suspect, are the bodies weight-painted, or the penis otherwise movement-dependant on the body mesh?  Like a few experiments I've tried to combat skin clipping through clothing in NifSkope.

Theoretically speaking, your idea should work. It should have worked, but in practice it didn't. There were two major problems.

1. One way is to assign the penis mesh to a separate ring/amulet/tail slot item. This isn't the smartest idea because...

- Some races uses the tail slot. So tail slot is out.

- What about ring or amulet? In LAPF, you can configure your sex equipment, you can decide what to be undressed or what to be left alone. This also includes the ring and amulet slots. This means if you assign penis to the amulet slot for example, you can't control this very basic feature any longer.

Well this is why folks have been avoiding tampering with the penis. Then I wrote lovers joystick a few years ago. I came up with an another idea, I thought I could use NifSE.

2. Using NifSE, you can create a fresh new virtual .nif file in memory. Now whenever sex starts you want to create a temporary lowerbody.nif without schlong, copy the penis mesh from something else and paste it to the temp file we just created. I *almost* got it working, but then I realized that NifSE had a bug with handling skinned meshes. It was made to work with weapons, shields... but not clothings. So... the current "blockhead" way of implementation of LJ was kind of plan B.

As to the questions regarding lovers joystick, it's exactly as Greg said.

It will not magically detect your whatever-lowerbody though. The target actor's current body must be originating from SetBody. For example if the lowerbody is just your default lowerbody (the ones in the characters\_male directory), SetBody doesn't know what to do and will do precisely nothing about it. You first must assign a body type of any kind SetBody provides to get it working. AutoSetBody does that for you.

greg        -Thanks for the info.  Just after I posted I realized you all must have had a go at it a long time ago (Doi!), but this saves me from banging my head against the wall when my own modding attempts at it don't work.  Ta, much.

BTW, why would I want dildos for men?  Aren't they grossly overlarge enough? :huh:

fejeena   - I've seen that mod, thanks.  But my feelings are that horse dicks belong on horses.

Or horse-like beast races!  How come no one ever made a total furry overhaul for Oblivion?  I haven't even seen one among the Korean or Japanese mod pages, and I was expecting hordes.

movomo -

2.Using NifSE...

Damn shame, that.  That would have been great for clothed sex and MB situations, where it would look like the guy just undid his zipper and whipped it out, rather than taking off his pants entirely.

You guys are just so dedicated.  Constantly fiddling, testing and updating.  I saw yesterday that the UOP is still being updated!  Do you even play the game anymore?  That was my fatal flaw when I was with the Rome: Total War bunch.  I spent so much time researching ancient armies, weapons and armour, then trying to reproduce them in looks and action, that I never played the game except for testing.  Then when Medievil 2 came out everybody jumped ship, and I was stuck with a drive full of rare historical articles, online museum memberships, pics and half-finished models, and a sense of  Rome: Total Disillusionment.

They don't thank you guys enough for what you do.

As to the questions regarding lovers joystick...

Ah, the fog lifts!  So with Joystick you have to choose individually in-game, like with Setbody and the voices.  That's fine.  I don't use the Auto.  I kinda like playing magic plastic-surgeon. 

*POOF!* You're an F-cup, Jensine!  Here, put these clothes on and show Bravil what you can do!

<theme from Flashdance begins playing>

"But I'm just an IC merchant!  I don't have the ability!  I don't have the talent!  I don't even have a good voice-actor!"

Jen, you said there were only two things keeping you from dancing.  Well, you've GOT those two things now.  And don't worry about that other stuff. If any of it was a necessity, Jennifer Lopez would never have gotten into film.

"Who's Jennifer Lopez?"

Exactly.  Now get ON that stage and live your DREAM!

Just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't load up all that stuff just to have one mod cancel it all again.

Theoretically speaking, your idea should work. It should have worked, but in practice it didn't. There were two major problems.

1. One way is to assign the penis mesh to a separate ring/amulet/tail slot item. This isn't the smartest idea because...

- Some races uses the tail slot. So tail slot is out.

- What about ring or amulet? In LAPF, you can configure your sex equipment, you can decide what to be undressed or what to be left alone. This also includes the ring and amulet slots. This means if you assign penis to the amulet slot for example, you can't control this very basic feature any longer.

Well this is why folks have been avoiding tampering with the penis. Then I wrote lovers joystick a few years ago. I came up with an another idea, I thought I could use NifSE.

2. Using NifSE, you can create a fresh new virtual .nif file in memory. Now whenever sex starts you want to create a temporary lowerbody.nif without schlong, copy the penis mesh from something else and paste it to the temp file we just created. I *almost* got it working, but then I realized that NifSE had a bug with handling skinned meshes. It was made to work with weapons, shields... but not clothings. So... the current "blockhead" way of implementation of LJ was kind of plan B.

As to the questions regarding lovers joystick, it's exactly as Greg said.

It will not magically detect your whatever-lowerbody though. The target actor's current body must be originating from SetBody. For example if the lowerbody is just your default lowerbody (the ones in the characters\_male directory), SetBody doesn't know what to do and will do precisely nothing about it. You first must assign a body type of any kind SetBody provides to get it working. AutoSetBody does that for you.

Nifse can now handle skinned meshes, that bug was fixed a while ago.

Nifse can now handle skinned meshes, that bug was fixed a while ago.

Well then it's worth try once again, I guess. I didn't know that.

Make sure to download the 1.2 beta, that is the version with the fix.

male strapon ? :wacko:

attachicon.gifmale strapon.jpg the dildo in the penis ?

:lol:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No!  The penis in the dildo!  A fleshlight for the whole family to enjoy!

Perversion squared!  Lovin' it!

You don't want to use that bottle for that, honey.  I know it's part of your act, but I've been drinking from that bottle and you just don't wanna know where I've been!

-Bandalo the Fool

Archived