There's a thought. I've never done a follower. Maybe next.

This skeleton thing is just bizarre and peculiar. I did this thing last time where I had to offset the bones to get them back into position after rotating--but this time I got them in the visually right position just by rotating. But in game it's totally messed up.

And I don't really understand the skeleton. When I click what is visually the thigh bone it tells me that's the calf bone--the thigh bone is a little thing up by the pelvis. I'm sorta hacking it it with brute force but I don't know what I'm doing yet.

So tried everything except doing bone rotations and positioning by hand and very little of it works. I ended up where I started--made the mesh I wanted, weighted it to the skeleton pose I wanted, then deformed it to the vanilla skeleton pose, parented it to the vanilla skeleton, and exported that.

That sorta kinda works:

tumblr_o4f73xMh8h1rctv3mo1_540.jpg

The major problem is that the skyrim engine and blender engine don't seem to agree as to exactly how a mesh should follow its skeleton. That's close to what I have in blender, but not quite the same--it's lumpier and skinnier. Also, there are limitations in terms of the deformation. Ideally the length of the shank there would all be weighted to the foot bone and the transition to the toe bone would be fairly abrupt, since bones don't flex after all. But if I do that all the stretching from pulling the foot out happens in that one small area of flexing, pulling the texture all to hell. You'd think that since I deform it weighted, all the deforming would happen in that one area and the un-deforming would undo it... but no. Anyway this isn't too bad and there's not that much flexing happening in the toes anyway.

The other thing is that my skeleton changes don't seem to have as much effect as I'd think. I swear I've got the heel higher in the skeleton.

The more I think about this the dodgier the whole proposition seems. If I set up all the khajiit with these feet, then they really all need special boots or you don't see the effect and they warp a bit. Or I have to change all the outfits so they run around barefoot or with one set of special khajiit boots. 

Anyway, comments welcome. I'm going to take this guy out for a spin and see what I think.

So tried everything except doing bone rotations and positioning by hand and very little of it works. I ended up where I started--made the mesh I wanted, weighted it to the skeleton pose I wanted, then deformed it to the vanilla skeleton pose, parented it to the vanilla skeleton, and exported that.

That sorta kinda works:

tumblr_o4f73xMh8h1rctv3mo1_540.jpg

The major problem is that the skyrim engine and blender engine don't seem to agree as to exactly how a mesh should follow its skeleton. That's close to what I have in blender, but not quite the same--it's lumpier and skinnier. Also, there are limitations in terms of the deformation. Ideally the length of the shank there would all be weighted to the foot bone and the transition to the toe bone would be fairly abrupt, since bones don't flex after all. But if I do that all the stretching from pulling the foot out happens in that one small area of flexing, pulling the texture all to hell. You'd think that since I deform it weighted, all the deforming would happen in that one area and the un-deforming would undo it... but no. Anyway this isn't too bad and there's not that much flexing happening in the toes anyway.

The other thing is that my skeleton changes don't seem to have as much effect as I'd think. I swear I've got the heel higher in the skeleton.

The more I think about this the dodgier the whole proposition seems. If I set up all the khajiit with these feet, then they really all need special boots or you don't see the effect and they warp a bit. Or I have to change all the outfits so they run around barefoot or with one set of special khajiit boots. 

Anyway, comments welcome. I'm going to take this guy out for a spin and see what I think.

it looks good so far, its a shame that the whole leg isnt able to be altered to work with the foot mesh changing, it would make it have so much potential to be amazing

Actually, I can change the leg up to a point. I can make the shin shorter, for example, or the thigh. As long as I don't do anything requiring that the bone weights change, it will work. 

Trouble is what will look good. In the reference art I collected, the cats that look best to me are the ones with close to human-proportioned legs and paddy-paw type feet. I'm working at raising the heel a bit more, but in terms of overall shape, that's it. 

My real problem is that the mesh warps blender->skyrim. even if I'm not warping it to match the skeleton, what I see in skyrim isn't quite what I designed in blender. So I have to retrofit--warp it in blender so it looks good in skyrim. Not there yet, and I'm not sure I'll be able to do better than artifex0's mod.

As for the boots, I now know why people make boots for their khajiit. If I don't want khajiit to have boots, I have to find all the khajiit NPCs in the game and give them a different outfit--but a bunch of them are based on generic NPC templates and pick up their boots from that. So either I create khajiit-specific copies of all those templates, or I do a few boots. 

I'm going to start with invisible boots and shoes. If boo wants to do real boots on top of the mesh, fabulous, I'll include them. I might do a few on my own.

Also too, I think I can make one mesh that stretches for digitigrade or is useful as plantigrade on its own. Working on that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Downloaded and started a new game...it's awesome. You're awsome. :heart:

A couple of pics...

Khajit on Khajit...Khayla in this pic. Watch the teeth, girl!

Jennifer struggling a bit...

Works fine with Floppy SOS, balls don't spaz out, everything bounces properly...great job!

post-670290-0-42133800-1461050313_thumb.jpg

post-670290-0-92539900-1461050332_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bad Dog, saw some people earlier in the thread requesting a female version, and I figured I'd throw my voice on the request pile. I just did the gender swap from the Sisterhood of Dibella mod (which is excellent btw) and having my tiger man not able to be a tiger woman is a little jarring. Still love the mod otherwise, keep up the good work!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You know you might use a diffuse texture grayscale offset to male a "reverse" specular map; it's what I did to get this:

pFYAZ.jpg

Head has a specular noise map, body does not; make quite a big ass difference in direct lighting.

Couple of notes for you, BD. No gripes, no bitches, just a few things I've noticed. :) 

My PC almost always forgets to put on his body armor after SL animations. Everything else, just not the chest/hip armor.

Not getting proper collision with HeroeLeyenda's animated vagina on NPC's...I'm using an older version, so maybe it's fixed on the newest version.

If I attempt to make a new character (other than Khajit) with this mod enabled, body textures are pure white, head, hand and feet textures are fine, male and female, any race. Existing characters and NPC's are not affected.

Nothing serious, still enjoying the mod very much...thanks for your work.

1. I can't imagine what that is. With  the same load order but without my mod, your pc dresses and undresses properly? Can't think how anything I did would affect it. 

Actually, maybe I can. From the Skyrim engine's point of view there's no difference between a schlong and a piece of armor so it's getting a bunch of "equip" requests at once. Possibly if your engine is overloaded it's dropping some of them on the floor. Have you tried running around nude for a while and seeing if your character eventually puts his clothes back on?

2. I've done nothing to work with the animated vagina so it's not a surprise, but I didn't see anything special in the SOS schlongs either. You're just using the standard ones, yes? I'll have a second look. 

3. Yup, that's the way it works. It's because I started from a Unique PC mod and none of the other races have bodies defined. I could default them all back to the vanilla body, and that's what I should do...

New version coming up very soon, with lady tigers. Might not include fixes for these, but I'll look at them after it's up.

1. I can't imagine what that is. With  the same load order but without my mod, your pc dresses and undresses properly? Can't think how anything I did would affect it. 

Actually, maybe I can. From the Skyrim engine's point of view there's no difference between a schlong and a piece of armor so it's getting a bunch of "equip" requests at once. Possibly if your engine is overloaded it's dropping some of them on the floor. Have you tried running around nude for a while and seeing if your character eventually puts his clothes back on?

2. I've done nothing to work with the animated vagina so it's not a surprise, but I didn't see anything special in the SOS schlongs either. You're just using the standard ones, yes? I'll have a second look. 

3. Yup, that's the way it works. It's because I started from a Unique PC mod and none of the other races have bodies defined. I could default them all back to the vanilla body, and that's what I should do...

New version coming up very soon, with lady tigers. Might not include fixes for these, but I'll look at them after it's up.

1. Err, after resetting SL animations, everything is fine. :blush:

2. Using the Hoodie Schlong, and I'll mention it to H.L next time I'm in that thread. As I said, I'm using the 3.2 version, so it may be on my end for being lazy.

3. Figured that was the case. Had me a little alarmed at first, but all I have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes in Wrye BASH to go make a new character, so no big deal.

Looking forward to Tiger Girlz, oughtta be a hoot. :lol:

• 1 month later...

On the download screen I see differents shapes of feet :

1470276181-pieds-nus.png

1470276184-pieds-nus2.png

On the first picture, the khajiit has human barefoot with clawed toes, and the other has digitigrade beastfeet different from those available actually ( http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2822-bad-dogs-compleat-khajiit/ )

I would like to know where I can download these both different shapes of feet for a "vanilla" khajiit to try them. Thank you very much!

I think I did something wrong here.  

2QKViD5.jpg

Do i need "Bad Dogs Digitigrade Khajiit Feet" as well as Complete Kahjit  both have BDDigiFeet.esp  

My Load order is:

1. SOS
  2. Baddogs Hoodies v3.4
  3. Compleat Khajiit v1.0
  4. Unique Character Tiger Khajiit_V0.4
  5. XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended-68000-3-88

Edit: Oppss, I forgot to follow the Unique Character Tiger Khajiit file and hadn't realized it had been updated. I'll see if that fixes my issue.