View File

This mod allows you to play as a tiger-striped khajiit. Your character is of the khajiit race, so NPCs in Skyrim and other mods will recognize you as such and make rude comments about rugs.

The Unique Tiger comes with its own khajiit SOS schlong if male. The female texture is nude and has all naughty bits.

This mod supports digitgrade kahjiit feet. Load that mod first if you want it--with this mod alone you get clawed plantigrade paddy-paws. This mod includes the smooth texture, which I think looks better on tigers. Note that if you run with digitgrade cat feet you can't wear boots--don't try.

I don't have a good picture of my guy with the digitigrade feet yet, sorry... the best I could do is buttsecks with a troll. Actually, I lie. I just like that picture.

Notes

Don't load this mod if you don't want the tiger. It will mess up your character.

The female is based on the UNP body--haven't checked it with CBBE yet.

This mod is based on the old "Unique Character" mod which seems to have disappeared. The player's body, hand, foot, and head mesh, and the corresponding textures are separated from those of NPC's so you can replace them at will.

If there's interest, I have the Unique Character mod itself and could make it available. It's got a bit of schizophrenia... it has separate folders for each race, but you're only going to have one PC at a time. I don't see the need for all that complexity. I didn't do the work of cleaning it all up tho.

Installation

• Load after the prerequisites
  • When creating your character, choose the khajiit race first; then load the racemenu preset "Male Tiger" or "Female Tiger" to get my look. Or fiddle till you get the look you like.
  • Depending on your hair mods, your tiger may have odd hair. Flip through until you find a "no hair" slot.
  • Once SOS loads, pick the Unique Tiger schlong.

Prerequisites

Optional, but you probably want

Alternate texture: 

View File

Very nice. Does it work on females?

One Khajiit look I used to LOVE was in More Beautiful People for Oblivion, there was 'Skyrim Khajiit', and they were LARGE, powerful white tigers.

... and the real thing disappointed later, but we didn't know Skyrim was going to exist back then.

Edit: l'd love to use this mod, but I simply can't. It uses your Bad Dog's Hoodie Schlong, and in your own words:

"For reasons I don't understand, this mod messes with the page up/down keys in the console. I don't touch them directly so this shouldn't happen. But it does. Sux."

I use the console a LOT, for a variety of things, as a bug tester. :( Sorry, can't use this mod if it requires a mod that breaks page scrolling in the console.

Since I tend to download mods such as this with the intent to mix and match components with other mods, I opened it up to get at the male head mesh and the male textures and while there, I noticed that there are a whole lot of meshes and textures for heads,hands,feet and bodies of other races.

You might want to remove the meshes and textures not associated with the mod so other folks don't accidentally overwrite their own custom meshes and textures for other races on accident.

Yeah, the version is "0.1" because this is really in an intermediate state. I haven't cleaned everything out.

Everything under meshes/actors/character/unique is specific to this mod only, so there's no worry about overwriting stuff. Those other meshes won't be used unless you create a PC of another race, which you're welcome to do but it's no longer the Tiger Khajiit and you're on your own.

I haven't done a female version but I doubt it's hard.

Sorry about the hoodie schlong dependency. I've done everything I can think of to deal with the page up/down issue and haven't been able to get a handle on it. I can't even come up with a theory as to why the two interact at all.

i really love this mod but the becoming a vampire as a khajiit causes the body to turn purple/pink and lose textures

i havent gone through the files yet but im guessing that there arent textures made for vampires, or are the textures not loading properly?

post-268020-0-83591200-1457060707_thumb.jpg

I put special khajiit feet on this guy, but I was thinking about those digitigrade feet. I might give them a look.

I've been avoiding SAM. I don't love the look of the bodies and it's a whole new thing to come up to speed on.

Okay, I went and looked at the digitigrade feet and I remember why I didn't do anything about them.

There are two mods out there, Digitigrade Beast Races and Digitigrade Khajiit. Then there's True Digitigrade Beast Races, which is a skeleton replacer, and I suppose must ship with new movement animations? The skeleton replacer has a variant for XP32 but not (apparently) for XPSE and it hasn't been updated in a year and a half, so I think that's out. Looks like the first mod doesn't actually need the skeleton, but I might have to fiddle the meshes before I'm happy with them, and fit them to the SOS body.

I'll have a look. Expect me not to care if boots fit. From the immersion point of view, if your feet are an odd shape you can't expect to pull the boots of any random bandit and have them fit your feet.

@sullster: Reboot, reinstall, try on a new game, try with a minimal load order. If all else fails, try describing the problem. 

Huh. The True Digitigrade guy says moving the bones of the skeleton around isn't that hard to do and gives instructions on how to do it. So in theory, I could use his method to update the XPSE sekeleton for digitigrade feet. And then do it again every 45 minutes when XPSE gets updated. Still, it's something I've never done and could be a fun challenge.

Cool character :)

The one thing that bugs me with artifex0's digitigrade feet is that there's a lighting glitch with them that I've never been able to solve. If you rotate your character you'll find that at certain angles the shadows are flipped compared to the rest of the body.

I know how to reproduce it in nifskope, but I don't know how to solve the problem:

Open malebody.nif, in block list right click on ninode, block -> copy branch

Open malefeet_0.nif, in block list right click, block -> paste at end

That should display the body on top of the feet.

Now for each shape, to show the khajiit textures, change the first texture in nitrishape -> bslightingshaderpropery -> bsshadertextureset to textures\actors\character\khajiitmale\bodymale.dds , remove the other textures (so that both shapes use a flat normal / specular map)

Finally, go to Render -> Settings -> Colors, set declination to 90 (horizontal light) and adjust planar angle with the up/down arrow keys or mouse wheel. At certain angles you'll see the shadows on the feet differ from the shadows on the body.

No idea how you fix this. Just something that's bugged me for a long while :)

Pretty sure that his normal map is flipped. I saw that for a while in my work--you have to flip the blue and green channels and sometimes invert the red, sometimes not depending on I'm not really sure what. 

Being me, if I do this I'll do new meshes and textures so I'll deal with this problem along the way. Those other khajiit feet are kind of large... I'm thinking khajiit have neat cat feet.

The True Digitigrade guy says moving the bones of the skeleton around isn't that hard to do

I have this on my list of things to try eventually and have thought about it a bit. These are the things I thought about:

I think the thing to do is move the CME bones in the XPMSE skeleton.. Basically, start by copying the translations and rotations of the bones in the skeleton replacer to the same-named CME bones in the XPMSE skeleton. The idea is that the original animations (Havok and such) animate the NPC bones and so any changes to these in scripts or in the .nif are "overwritten" by the animation data. The CME bones are interstitial objects that were not in the original skeletons and so are left alone by animation data.

Two ways to do this I considered:

One is to make a race-specific skeleton for Khajiit and Argonians (or a custom race) that have the modified XPMSE skeleton. All characters will use the different post. This probably the easiest thing to do

The other method is to do this with a script.. like attach a magic effect to a frequently present mesh (can this be done to the head mesh?) or use quest aliases/cloak spell to find all khajiits/Argonians and apply the bone offsets via NiOverride. The benefit of this way is that you could make a racemenu addon that allows adjusting the player positions, and applying a custom setup to all NPCs. Could also do a combo where the base skeleton is altered and just allow the player to adjust themselves in racemenu.

I've been thinking, just have the khajiit run off their own skeleton. That's easy enough (I think).

Not sure what a CME bone is. I also really don't understand the relationship between the skeleton and an animation. If I move a bone, what happens in the animation? Does it do everything by offsets from the original bone position, or does it move the bone to an absolute position? If the latter, I'm not sure how changing the skeleton works at all. Or does it move the bone relative to the parent bone? 

Pretty sure that his normal map is flipped. I saw that for a while in my work--you have to flip the blue and green channels and sometimes invert the red, sometimes not depending on I'm not really sure what. 

It must be the normal map, but I've tried every combination of flipping the RGB elements with no luck - there's always an angle at which the shadows are reversed. I guess the original normal map texture had errors.

Anyway, a new mesh would be really cool :)

I might be wrong about the way I thought the animation and bone data worked.. moving the NPC-named bones rather than the CME-named ones in the skeleton .nif might be jsut fine. Basically, the animations are relative positions, based off of reference pose data in the .hk havok behavior files. I though that the reference pose data in the .hk files overwrote the .nif positions, but it looks like that's wrong.

The feet from artifex0 don't look like they contain textures at all. I think the problem is that in the  male  _1 and _0 .nif files, under NiTrishape -> Trishapedata, the BSNumUVSets should be 1, not 4097. Try that

Nope, not  wrong. Looks like there are two hierarchies in XPSE's skeleton--one is the original with only NPC bones, the other has NPC bones with CME bones in between. I followed artifex0's method of inserting new ninodes between the existing ones (right above the NPC bone I want to affect) and putting the transformations on those. That worked. It has to be in the extended hierarchy, not the original. Based on your post, it's probably not necessary to add the new nodes--probably putting the same transformations on the CME bones would work as well. Maybe it's cleaner to keep my junk separate from the CME junk. Dunno.

There are, of course, constraints. The bone has to match the angle of the bone above it or bad warping happens. I think I can move the bone along that line to make the portion of the limb shorter or longer. I think the thighs should be a bit shorter than human. The guy walks and runs just fine... dunno about more, um, vigorous exercise but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. The skeleton only has one bone for the whole foot, so the toes can't flex, which is a shame. 

Next maybe I'll rough in a digitigrade foot and see if it plays nice.