Bodyslide Tail Animation Problem

So I ran into this problem while trying to remove some parts from this tail mesh in bodyslide from this mod, which resulted in the tail loosing it's animation upon equip (it basically freezes in the state that it was in when I equip the armour piece.)

I checked in nifskope and all of the parts are in the same places and still have the same names, any advice? I think I am missing something very basic here.

Thanks.

I couldn't tell for sure from the video. But, it looks like it's a nif animation. So, when you make adjustments in Bodyslide, it's probably discarding the animation data on export.

Any way to keep it? I am still at a very beginner level of working with NifModels and bones in general. Actually, I checked and I don't even need to make any changes to the model. Even if I just open the model and export it it animations already stop working.

A bit lost here, I can make a video, but it would not be much there. It is just a tail that freezes in the pose it was in when I put on the armor. It does not go into the default pose, it literally freezes, acting like a solid object  :-/

It sounds like bodyslide doesn't handle nif animations.

This is a subject I've been trying to figure out myself. I haven't been able to get nif animations made in 3DSMax to work in game. It may be that Blender is the only one that has the correct exporting capability for that workflow.

I would recommend first trying to make your modifications in nifskope. That does handle animations and allows some types of edits. If that doesn't work, you'll need to research how to modify nif/clutter animations. There are some tutorials and videos around about it.

It sounds like bodyslide doesn't handle nif animations.

This is a subject I've been trying to figure out myself. I haven't been able to get nif animations made in 3DSMax to work in game. It may be that Blender is the only one that has the correct exporting capability for that workflow.

I would recommend first trying to make your modifications in nifskope. That does handle animations and allows some types of edits. If that doesn't work, you'll need to research how to modify nif/clutter animations. There are some tutorials and videos around about it.

Alright, thanks. I'll try to mix the original models nif properties and BodySlide ones and maybe I'll get better results.

(Or I'll finally learn 3D modeling and just do it trough there.)

Archived