How do I change the armor slot for this pants mod?

TOMMYRAYHADLEY

I found this pant's mod on the nexus today (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72855/?), which is great since male pants armors are almost nonexistent, the only problem is it's currently in the torso armor slot so I can't wear any chest armor over it. I've tried all the methods I know but no success so far, when I try to equip it the pants and body are invisible

I've changed the slot with Tes5Edit to 38 (calves) and changed the slots in the mesh files to the same (as shown in pictures), but still nothing. Are there some steps I'm missing here?

post-1084951-0-38414800-1455490467_thumb.jpg

post-1084951-0-24579900-1455490481_thumb.jpg

post-1084951-0-96780600-1455490692_thumb.jpg

If it has a BSDismemberSkinInstance click the item piece in nifskope click the arrow to the left of BSDismemberSkinInstance to get the drop down then again for the arrow by partitions to get to the slots change it to the same slot in both the _0 and _1 nifs and then load the .esp up and change/add the slot to match what is in the nif.

Or you can right click the BSDismemberSkinInstance line go to convert and convert it to NiSkinInstance the difference between this and BSDismemberSkinInstance is that with NiSkinInstance there are no slots to change in the nifs and the nifs will use whatever slots you select in the .esp for the nif instead.

If it has a BSDismemberSkinInstance click the item piece in nifskope click the arrow to the left of BSDismemberSkinInstance to get the drop down then again for the arrow by partitions to get to the slots change it to the same slot in both the _0 and _1 nifs and then load the .esp up and change/add the slot to match what is in the nif.

Or you can right click the BSDismemberSkinInstance line go to convert and convert it to NiSkinInstance the difference between this and BSDismemberSkinInstance is that with NiSkinInstance there are no slots to change in the nifs and the nifs will use whatever slots you select in the .esp for the nif instead.

Neither of these methods seem to work, the former method is the one I've been trying, and the latter has the same results, Putting on the armor makes the entire torso area invisible. I thought it might have something to do with the particular slot (38), but I also tried it now with slot 56 and no change. The nif files also contain a body mesh as well, could that be causing the issue?

Majority of armors have bodies in them not always whole bodies but most have bodies in them. Has this mesh been put into bodyslide? If so try redoing it. Is everything in the .esp set correct? Race set to default most items have a armor nif in the .esp as well as a armor addon both the armor nif and addon have to match on everything.

Majority of armors have bodies in them not always whole bodies but most have bodies in them. Has this mesh been put into bodyslide? If so try redoing it. Is everything in the .esp set correct? Race set to default most items have a armor nif in the .esp as well as a armor addon both the armor nif and addon have to match on everything.

A ha, figured it out, I hadn't yet set the addon part to slot 38 yet, although now there's a different issue, so I guess while I still have you...

The pant's appear now, but the mesh is smaller than the legs, so I guess I need to make the thighs/legs invisible now (there was no clipping problems with the vanilla mod), do you know how i would go about that? All that's edited now is the slots in the Nif files and the Slots through TES5Edit, didn't convert anything.

The armor has a body already in the nif so one of the slots you select has to be spb 32 body otherwise when you wear the armor it's going to use your players body instead of the body inside of the nif the spots that clip probably doesn't have a body underneath the armor in that area. If there are not enough slots in the nif then you need to convert the BSDismemberSkinInstance to NiSkinInstance in both nifs and then select spb 32 body slot in the .esp for both armor and armor addon.

The armor has a body already in the nif so one of the slots you select has to be spb 32 body otherwise when you wear the armor it's going to use your players body instead of the body inside of the nif the spots that clip probably doesn't have a body underneath the armor in that area. If there are not enough slots in the nif then you need to convert the BSDismemberSkinInstance to NiSkinInstance in both nifs and then select spb 32 body slot in the .esp for both armor and armor addon.

That did it, I converted the nif files and added slot 32, it works properly now, thanks for all the help!

• 3 months later...

I need to change the slots in "PantyHead Gear Mod"

read here, please.. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/58256-panty-head-gear-mod/?do=findComment&comment=1571055

@Eikichi Onizuka

There is 2 slots a head item can use and those are either the tail slot or the amulet slot so just change the slot to either one of those in the nif and then change the slot in the armor and armor addon in the CK for the item. Don't use head or hair otherwise it'll think the item already has those in the nif and your player will be bald or headless.

Not sure what slot havok object uses.

Archived