Transparency and lace mesh issue

dhenry2101

Hi, 

so i was inspired to port over Aradia's lace dress from Skyrim and I got the armor in game but the textures were not showing the transparency for the lace. So, being fairly new to using Nifskope I corrected this somehow (copying and pasting the proper branches from the old), and now my armor is invisible in game. I've been combing the net and forums to find a fix and I'm still looking. I tried looking at other armors ported with lace or transparency and it seems like I have the right things in the right place at a novice glance. Boot up my game with the armor on, and im naked. I'm and a loss of how to fix. Please help. Thanks.

armor.nif

check the material file and texture format as well.

Transparency is handles by a combo of all 3 now... Opacity in the Texture, Settings in the nif, and configuration of the material file.... it was easier without the material file BS

Good luck

Thanks. 

As far as i can see, everything is set up to where it looks perfect in nifskope. I did some side by side comparisons with other clothes that used lace or transparency, one used BSlightingShaderProperty with a bgsm material file, they other used BSeffectShaderProperty with a bgem file. But for this armor only the former with the NiAlpha shows up in Nifskope properly. I ported the originals through Nifskope turned to obj files and dropped into Outfit studio. 

So it has to be texture opacity? I dont know where to check that. 

I recently solved a similar problem.  You must create a new transparency. Look at the instructions in the link.

http://www.nexusmods...ut4/mods/6839/?

Ill check it out now and check back with you. Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I got it to work! The guide fixed my naked while in armor issue but I had no transparent textures..Using the guide and some very very minor tweaks to the NiAlpha I got the desired transparency to work in game. Tweaked the threshold to 127 instead of 128 for some reason 128 made it invisible..Thanks!

Archived